A&L Windows Questions & Answers

50 questions from our users

Diana

Dianaasked

Hi , I moved in to an over 10 year old house and most of the windows don’t open , I’ve tried so many times with the keys they gave us.

Dyana

Hi Diana,

Would you be able to send across your details to Aftersales@alwindows.com.au so that our team could investigate and advise you?

SVP

SVPasked

We have a house built by Porter Davis with A & L sliding windows & doors throughout the house. We are experiencing issues with sliding windows. All the plastic sliding windows locks are either not working or have been broken while we have tried to unlock and open the windows. Can you please help us with replacement locks? Is it possible to get better quality metal locks? Also would you please send us instructions to replace these locks? Thank you for all your help in advance.

Hello,

Would you be able to send across your details to aftersales@alwindows.com.au? Team would be glad to help you out and assist with replacement as well.

Debbie T.

Debbie T.asked

I have a complaint about the service of A&L door.
I ask to replace a rotting wood window frame that is 5 years old.
Lorraine Barnett told me to pay the money for this up front, in October 2020.
quote 204262300.
not until Feb 17th she found out A&L do not make them any more and will have to refund. This should of been know before asking me to place a order.
Now I can't seem to get a refund even though she told me they would refund. Still waiting, and it is now end of March 2021.

Hi Debbie,

We really apologise for the inconvenience and will follow this up right away. We will certainly take on board your feedback and ensure no other customers are affected. I will be in touch with you shortly to discuss further

Lorraine W

Lorraine Wasked

Hello, we have just purchased a 6 year old house with A&L locks on all windows. Unfortunately, none of the keys we were given lock/unlock the sliding or windout windows. Is there any way we can get replacement keys? Thankyou Lorraine

Ken crow
Ken crow

I would contact A and L windows they shall be able to assist you either with keys that fit or new barrels and keys to assist with the windows and sliders

Hi Lorraine,

You can email me direct on lfabian@alwindows.com.au, please include your full property address and i will assist you with a solution.

Best regards, Lorna Fabian - Customer Service Manager

Dan G

Dan Gasked

Hi peoples, got a question for the A&L the suppliers as well as the customers who might have had the same issue in the past or at present. We have a problem with the ground floor awning wind windows. They are fully shut yet while standing inside the room I can see light creeping in halfway up the windows on both sides so they're not sitting on the weather seals as they should. Is that a big problem? Has anyone got this problem or had a similar problem? How did yous fix it? All windows are double glazed... I can provide picture... I'm thinking we might need some type of locking system halfway up the windows maybe? Cheers

Hi Dan,

Would you be able to provide us your details along with photos of the issues to aftersales@alwindows.com.au? Team should be able to assist you further.

Chellaperumal T.

Chellaperumal T.asked

Hi I lost my A&L sliding window keys.. is there any way I get new keys?

Hi,

Can you email me direct on lfabian@alwindows.com.au with your address details and will be able to assist you further.

Thanks, Lorna Fabian

Alysha T.

Alysha T.asked

Hello, 2 of my sliding window locks have snapped after only 3 years and can no longer open, I couldn't see the same locks in your spare parts, do any window locks fit?

Hi Alysha,

Can you email me direct on lfabian@alwindows.com.au and ill organise some new locks for you. Please include your address.

Thanks so much, Lorna Fabian - Customer Service Manager

Julie Christieasked

Hi I have locks on all sliding windows and I can’t open windows. We have tried to unlock windows to open them but after 2 locks broke we give up.
Regards Julie

Hi Julie,

Thank you for contacting us. If you are in Vic can you please email Pradeeppsekar@alwindows.com.au or in QLD lfabian@alwidows.com.au with your full address and details so we can assist you.

Best Regards, Lorna Fabian - Customer Service Manager QLD

Julie Christie

Hi we moved into a house on Monday 18/1 and have your windows and locks on 7 sliding windows. We tried to open windows but plastic broke off after trying 2 windows so didn’t try anymore. It’s very hot in bedrooms and need to open windows.
My address is 16 Guardian place
Wyndham Vale Victoria
It’s so bad not being able to open windows.
I look forward to find out how you can help us. Regards Julie

Hi Julie,

Thank you for supplying your address. Would you be happy for us to post new locks out for you to fit ?

Best regards, Lorna Fabian - Customer service manager QLD

Greg

Gregasked

Have sliding aluminum windows about 7 years old. Some of the locks/latches have broken. Can they be replaced, what cost and where can I obtain.

Hi,
Locks/latches can be purchased through our website, but we are happy to supply these for you free of charge. These will look different to your current locks though, if you would like we can replace all of your locks so that they match if you could send through your quantity of locks and your postal address to cknight@alwindows.com.au I will arrange to have these posted out to you.
Kind Regards, Cathryn

Michaelasked

I have the Aluminium wind out windows installed and I opened one and the window came from the hinge. The hinge appears to insert into the window frame however will not grip when slotting back in. It’s on the second story and didn’t fall to the ground due to the window sill catching it. Any ideas to fix. I have called A&L Windows 3 times and left messages on the number I was transferred to and emailed them also but no response.

Hi Michael,

Can you email me direct on lfabian@alwindows.com.au with your address and i can assist you.

Thanks, Lorna Fabian - Customer Service Manager

Thanks Lorna, I have just emailed you. Regards Michael

John King

John Kingasked

Are your aluminium double glazed windows thermally broken?

Sue K

Sue Kasked

Hi, we are having issues with some of your windows which are installed in a house we are renting. A bathroom sliding window locked by itself today, and the other bathroom and toilet windows won’t unlock either. The button on another wind out window won’t pop out when we try to unlock it. Could you please give us some advice?

Hi Sue
Can you please send photos of the locks you are having issues with to apierson@alwindows.com.au so we can ascertain how to best assist
Thanks Amy Pierson
General Manager

Carol D.asked

Hi, My home was built in 2003 one of the sliding windows leaks like a waterfall when it rains. What can I do do?
Regards
Carol

Carol D.

How come you haven’t any suggestions, the windows are A & L windows?

Carol D.

My windows were put in by A&L can you tell me what I can do, it’s all I can do save my carpet being ruined by the rain coming in.

Carol D.

Obviously my question is of no consequence to you, great service A&L.

Shobhan

Shobhanasked

Hi my A & L window is locked but I can’t open it. I tried lots of options but I couldn’t. Please let me know

Hi,

Shobhan, can you email at lfabian@alwindows.com.au with all your details inc your address so i can see what the window is and how we can assist you in getting it open.

Mellkate73

Mellkate73asked

Hi, I too have 5 AL sliding window locks broken, why are they flipping off? We don’t use the locks. How do we replace these? Thanks

Good morning,

Can you email me your address and details to lfabian@alwindows.com.au.

Thanks, Lorna Fabian - Customer Service Manager

Thierry P.

Thierry P.asked

Hi. I have 5 sliding windows that needs new locks. They are about 5 years old. Are they still under warranty?

Hi,

Please email all your details on lfabian@alwindows.com.au and i can organise replacements for you.

Ainsley S.

Ainsley S.asked

Can you advise how to restrict the window opening to 100ml for pool requirements

Hi Ainsley
Can you please advise what type of window ie Sliding, Awning (Wind out from bottom), Louvre, Double Hung (2 sashes that slide vertically) you are requring to restrict as each type requires a different method.
Regards Amy

Terry

Terryasked

I have a home built by kookaburra homes in Murry Bridge SA that has two A&L semi frame less showers installed. Both bathrooms get soaked by water coming from both sides of the shower doors. A shower screen is supposed to keep the bathroom floor dry. Is it faulty fitting or do all of your semi frame less shower screens let water soak bathroom floors?

Hi Terry,

Im based in QLD but will send this request to our S.A. Branch.

Can you email me on lfabian@alwindows.com.au with your address and contact details so i can give all the information.

Thanks so much , Customer Service Manager

Neville Jesseasked

Hi Neville here.
We had a home built by Indigo homes at Karalee QLD, handover June 2014. The Sliding Window Sashlock - QLD / NSW version has broken and fallen from the window when being closed. The window faces north and the sunlight has caused the plastic in the sashlock to become brittle and break. Is it still under warranty? If not how do I get the Sash lock replaced?

Hi,

Please email me your full address and i will arrange for a new one to be posted to you. lfabian@alwindows.com.au

Neville Jesse

Thank you for your prompt reply to my question. I am grateful for your help. Address as follows:
Mr N Jesse 121 Diamantina Circle Karalee 4306.

Hi Neville,

I will post you out a couple today. Just so you have some spares. They come with instructions.

Best regards, Lorna Fabian - Customer Service Manager

Alison McGeary

Alison McGearyasked

I need a replacement sliding window sash lock to replace a broken one - the window is 10 years old. Could someone please let me know how I order one and ow to safely replace it. Thank you

Hi,

Please email me direct with your address on lfabian@alwindows.com.au and i can organise this for you.

Get an answer from our members and A&L Windows representatives