A&L Windows Questions & Answers

Verifiedalwindows.com.au
James
James

Hey I have moved into a house with A&L window sliding window handle/sash lock how do I open them i have tried and they just keep on breaking they are ones that you don’t have a key to open it

A&L Windows   DM

Hi James, can you email me direct on lfabian@alwindows.com.au with your address and how many window locks you have.

Hi Fu

Hi! I've got security screen on my window. Installed by A&L over a decade ago. Would like to remove the security screen to change the mesh. I note there are tiny plates screwed in at the corner. Do I need to remove these first before I attempt to remove the security screen. (Any video to show me how?)

Wish there was an email to show you the photo to explain it a bit better.

Many thanks!
HF

A&L Windows   DM

Good morning, You can email me direct on lfabian@alwindows.com.au with all your info and i will be able to assist you.

Hi Fu

Have just emailed the photo thru. Pls have a look when u can. Much appreciated!

Marin Fisher

I have moved into a house with A&L sliding window handles that lock. I can't open them can you tell me how.

A&L Windows   DM

Hi Marin, Are you in QLD or Victoria ?

Thanks , Lorna Fabian

Victoria

A&L Windows   DM

Hi Marin, We have many videos on YouTube ( type in A&L sliding windows ) that may be able to assist you opening your sliding windows.

If you have any further trouble please feel free to reach out to Hdobbs@alwindows.com.au and I will be happy to help.

Haley Dobbs
Customer Service Manager

Kevin C.
Kevin C.

Hi all my windows are installed with AL sliding window handle/sash lock. Do you have an instruction manual for these things? I cannot open my windows with keys. Not sure how this thing works. Thanks

A&L Windows   DM

Hi, please email me direct on lfabian@alwindows.com.au with your details and I’ll be able to assist you . Best regards Lorna Fabian - customer service manager

Karen E

We built our home 10 years ago and have A&L Windows. Within a few years, our sliding window locks broke one by one. We have emailed A&L twice with no response. Most of the windows now have dowel in the tracks so no one can enter. Recently I did a Google search to find a replacement and cannot find anything other than ones on a third party website for $27 each plus around that again in freight. It’s going to cost us a fortune! A&L spare parts do not list these on their website and I am wondering why? And what other choices do we have? Can you supply is with replacement locks?

Michael
Michael

Hi Karen unfortunately I can’t supply Any new window locks my opinion is to visit one of A&L windows nearest store if your not in a location nearest to them then you can google Mr windows in the Goldcoast they also do postage they supply all sorts of locks and latch’s hope that helps

Karen E

Hi Michael, thank you. Are you with A&L? Mr Windows is who we found, just exploring other options and wandering what A&L can do to help.

Hi Karen, We sell our products online - external link

If you want to speak with someone direct please email me on lfabian@alwindows.com.au

Best regards, Lorna Fabian - Customer Service Manager QLD

Steve P
Steve P

Name of Stockists of obsolete sliding window sash lock for A&L window

Hi Steve, Can you send a photo of the one you have - lfabian@alwindows.com.au

Jessica Smith
Jessica Smith

Hello,
We had A&L windows installed throughout our new build 5 years ago (metropolitan Adelaide) and recently had the locking pin snap off a sliding window lock.
Is there any way to obtain a replacement lock that is set up to take the same key as all our other windows?

Thanks for your help.

Jess Smith

A&L Windows   DM

Hi Jess, Can you email me direct on lfabian@alwindows.com.au with the key number and a photo of the lock you have and ill check if we still have it.

Thanks, Lorna Fabian

Andrew K.
Andrew K.

high guys I own a 7 year old house with a& l windows looking for a dead lock to fit them. The aluminium frames are recessed so deep only a couple of mill of frame is exposed.

A&L Windows   DM

Hi Andrew, Could you email Jacqueline O'Neill direct on joneill@alwindows.com.au and she will be able to assist you if its for VIC please email Haley Dobbs on hdobbs@alwindows.com.au.

Marty Reviews
Marty Reviews

Hi why do you guys A&L Windows take so long in replacement windows and flyscreens of a BRAND NEW HOME, do you realise the importance of a customer paying for a new home and receiving 2 scratch marks and ripped windscreens, to be told you are you now 4 weeks behind in your schedule?
As discussed, we have unfortunately been unable to replace scratched glass for the above address in time for
client handover, due to capacity unavailability. The service is currently scheduled for our soonest available
overnight run

A&L Windows   DM

Hi Marty, Can you send your details direct to either myself for QLD or Haley Dobbs for VIC depending on where you are and we will look into this straight away for you.

lfabian@alwindows.com.au
hdobbs@alwindows.com.au

Best regards, Lorna Fabian - Customer Service Manager QLD

Paul E.
Paul E.

We have just bought a house with A & L windows. They have keys for the window locks but I cant work out how to open them. I do not want to force them. Can you assist. regard Paul Evans

A&L Windows   DM

Hi Paul, Please email Jacqueline O'Neill on joneill@alwindows.com.au direct or call on 07)3451 4100 and we will be able to assist you.

Best regards, Lorna Fabian - Customer service manager

sahil b.
sahil b.

I've bought a house with A&L locks on the sliding windows. I cannot figure out how to unlock them please assist

A&L Windows   DM

Hi, please email Jacquline on joneill@alwindows.com.au or call on 07)34514100 and we can guide you through it . Best regards Lorna Fabian

Denise K.
Denise K.

How do I get keys for the locks for the sliding windows

Hi, Please email Jacqueline O'Neill on joneill@alwindows.com.au

Sue s
Sue s

How do you remove sliding fly screen doors very hard to slide so maybe need oiling or something

Mary W.
Mary W.

All of the windows in my house are hard to slide. I believe the base sliding mechanism is worn and in need of replacement. It’s not a roller but a moulded pad thing which appears to be part of the corner piece. Spare parts on the website don’t have a piece that matches. Can you please advise how I remedy this?

A&L Windows   DM

Hi Mary, Please email Jacqueline O'Neill on joneill@alwindows.com.au she will be able to assist you.

Thanks, Lorna Fabian - Customer Service Manager

Debbie

I've bought a house with A&L locks on the sliding windows. I cannot figure out how to lock them, the key just doesn't click. Is there a trick to getting these to lock?

Keith Berwick
Keith Berwick

Just google your local A&L store they are so helpful(is it a new house or a older house they may have given you the wrong keys)

A&L Windows   DM

Hi Debbie, Please email me direct with your address on on lfabian@alwindows.com.au and i will have someone assist you.

Debbie

It's fine I worked out how to open them

Jemma C.
Jemma C.

Hello,

A&L Windows   DM

Hi Jemma, Please email me direct at lfabian@alwindows.com.au and ill be able to assist you.

Beverley G.
Beverley G.

Hi we have purchased a house which is 8yrs old and has A&L sliding windows, we need to clean the windows but can't work out how to remove the flyscreens can you please give me some advice, thanks
Beverley Graf

A&L Windows   DM

Good morning Beverley, Please email me direct on lfabian@alwindows.com.au with your address and contact details and I will have someone assist you. I just want to see what type of screens you have on.

Best regards,

Hi Beverley, I have responded to your email with instructions. Thanks

Claire L
Claire L

Our double glazed sliding glass door has become very hard to slide open and shut. The door is 10 years old and has lots of use. How do we fix it?

Jo Wray
Jo Wray

I would call the manufacturer it could be the rollers on the base of the door.

A&L Windows   DM

Hi Claire, Could you please send through your address and contact details? My direct email is lwang@alwindows.com.au. Thank you.

BWALIA
BWALIA

I have just moved into a 12-year-old house with A&L windows and locks installed. I was given a key for the sliding aluminium glass window locks. I can slide the lock up and down the frame when I unlock with the key but I can’t actually open the window. Could you please advise how to remedy this? Looking through the questions below this seems to be a common problem. Thanks. I am based in Melbourne

A&L Windows   DM

Hi, Could you please send through your address and contact details so I can forward you some instructions? My direct email is lwang@alwindows.com.au. Thanks

Isabella B.
Isabella B.

Hi lily, any chance you could simply post instructions on how to use your seemingly very “non-user friendly” windows publicly? I’m having the exact same problem regarding being able to move the lock up and down but cannot slide the windows open - my house is full of smoke so awaiting your email response isn’t really going to help.

A&L Windows   DM

Hi Isabella, Our sliding window locks have been updated several times over the years, and they don’t always operate the same.

Hence why we require some specific details such as an address or photos, so we can provide accurate instructions.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards, Lily

Jo rice

How do I unlock the window to wind more than 5 cm. I need to get in too clean.

A&L Windows   DM

Hi, Please email Jacqueline O'Neill direct on joneill@alwindows.com.au.

Jo rice

Thank you I managed to find what to do.

Get an answer from our members and A&L Windows representatives