albumworks Questions & Answers

7 questions from our users

Petronella

Petronellaasked

Can I import a scanned pdf file into albumworks. If so how do I go about it. Cheers
Petronella

Hi Petronella,

Unfortunately our editor does not accept PDFs therefore you would need to convert it to a jpg or png file first. Then you'll be able to use it. There are many free converters if you do a simple Google search of 'convert PDF to JPG'.

Alternatively you could re-scan in JPG format. With scanned documents or images we recommend scanning between 300-600dpi to ensure the quality is sufficient. Don't scan higher than 600dpi though, as it makes the file size too large and doesn't improve the print quality.

Hope that helps.
- albumworks

Nick

Nickasked

I'm in the United States. how expensive is it to ship albums to the US? AND: Can i work on a single album for a while off and onb before printing or does it get deleted? thanks!

Hi Nick,

Yes, you sure can. You can work on any project for as you like. Just ensure you check for updates in our editor.

Shipping is dependant on size and ranges from$9.95AU to $17.95AU. We charge the same shipping rates worldwide.

Feel free to contact our customer service team if you have any more enquiries - service@albumworks.com.au or use our live chat feature on our website - www.albumworks.com.au

Take care,
Kim

albumworks customer service manager

Graeme T.asked

Can a photo album be worked on from different devices? As in, is it accessible via a login from different devices?
Cheers,
Graeme
graemetrewin76@gmail.com

Hi Graeme.

We've responded personally to your email. But here is an overview to your question.

If you use our online editor then you can work on more than one device. You access your project by logging in on our website.

If you use our download editor then your project is stored on the computer that you start it on. You can't easily move it to another device.

Regards

Mike C
Mike C

I make my albums on my desk top computer where I have all my photos to chose from and the ability to edit some as necessary using Lightroom and/or Photoshop. However, Albumworks are the best people to ask as they often update their services. Cheers

Thanks, Mike!

Janice H.

Janice H.asked

How do you add text?

Hi Janice,

If you are using our desktop Download Editor, then you will find the "Add Text Box" icon in the blue editing panel. It is the little icon that has a green "+" and a "T". After adding the text box to your page, simply double click to add text.

If you are using our Online Editor from our website, then you will need to first switch to "Advanced Editing" in the top panel. Afterwards you should see an icon that says "Add Text Box". Clicking this icon will add text and then you can simply double click to add text.

If you have any more questions please feel free to use the Online Chat feature on our website. Thanks!

Helen Weston

Helen Westonasked

I would like to share the album with my sister before I have it printed. How do I do this.

Nathan B.albumworks

Hi Helen, If you use our online editor to create your photobook you can share your profile and login with your sister. As our online editor is cloud-based and can be accessed off any pc/laptop with internet. I hope this helps. If you need further advice please contact us service@albumworks.com.au. Thank you

Louise

Louiseasked

I have edited all my photos in Photoshop so I would like to use Photoshop to do my book. Can I send it to you to print? thanks Louise

Nathan B.albumworks

Hi Louise, thanks for getting in touch.
In order to put all the pages of your Photo Book together, you will need to use our Editor (either the downloadble software or online Editor).
We recommend exporting all of your image out of Photoshop and then import them into the Editor to place in your Photo Book.
If you have any questions along the way you can always call our customer service team on 1300 553 448 or use the Live Chat function on our website.

Ron

Ronasked

I have put my photos in a particular order in the folder on my desktop. When I transfer the folder into album works the order changes. How do I copy the folder so the photos stay in a designated order?

Hi Ron,
The editor will import your folder in the same way the settings are set up in your folder. For example, if your folder is set to be organised "alphabetically", then that is the order they will be imported to your project. Similarly, if your folder is set to be organised by "date created", that is how they will import.
You can edit the way your files are sorted by right-clicking in the column headings of your folder.
We hope that helps!
-albumworks.

Get an answer from our members and albumworks representatives