albumworks Questions & Answers

kath
kath

my pictures column is full and now can't tsfr more photos for rest of book.. Can I delete the ones I have already tsfrd on to the required pages?

albumworks   DM

Yes, you can delete your picture list after you have used them in your project. Just ensure you keep them in the exact location on your desktop or hard drive.

Jenny M.
Jenny M.

I have downloaded the photos ready to use but many of the landscape photos have a black bar on the top and bottom. How can I fix this?

B. Late
B. Late

I've made 16 albums with Albumworks, the first 15 were brilliant quality. The last one with their new Gen 2 machine was terrible. Even they admitted after a re-print they had been getting 3-4% complaints yet do nothing about it. Save your money & look elsewhere.

albumworks   DM

Thank you both. Firstly we did have some teething issues with the colour profile for our new HD printer. However we have adjusted the profile so this has now been resolved. We absolutely take our customers feedback seriously and always want to provide the best products possible. If you still have issues B. Late, please let us know by email or phone and we'll be happy to work out a resolution with you. Jenny - I believe this issue with your images may be related to the aspect ratio when bringing your images in from your camera. Are the black lines appearing when viewing your pages in Preview Mode?

It might be easier if we address this issue with you over the phone or by email as it is quite uncommon. Please feel free to call us on 1300 553 448 so we can help resolve it.

Kind regards
- albumworks

Rosemary Murphy
Rosemary Murphy

How do you copy a whole page and move it to another page- just one page not a double spread

albumworks   DM

Apologies that this has not been answered earlier. Unfortunately it is not possible to move a single page. Only spreads can be moved.

Hennie Bester
Hennie Bester

I have viewed the reviews and would like to know how the company has corrected the product delivered to Tracy? I would like to download and use Albumworks software, but is hesitating at the moment. Thanks, Hennie Bester

Tracy

I didnt persure any further. The claim is that it was moved to Malaysia for better quality, so obviously they believe that and will argue that my photos were the issue. I just wont order again.

albumworks   DM

Hi Hennie, If there's ever an issue with the print quality (or anything else), we're always happy to investigate further with an aim to resolving the issue. It is in our best interests to have happy customers.
Also we offer 2 standards of printing. Standard Definition (SD) printing is of a high quality but can be perceived as being a little dark compared with what you see on screen for a number of reasons. High Definition (HD) printing will give you a much closer reproduction of your images as it uses 7 colours instead of 4. Plus it uses dyes instead of pigments which give a much higher colour density.
We're more than happy to discuss further with you if you have any concerns.
Regards

Trish
Trish

I am using the Desktop Download Editor. I had completed and saved an album and it was ready to add to cart. After leaving my computer for a few hours I came back to about 99% of the photos being marked as "missing" although they are all still visible in the album they look very blurry now. I have closed down my computer and re-started, but when I open the album the errors all still remain. Any suggestions before I have to re-start the entire album?

Tracy

I would delete the entire album as start again. I had so much trouble with the last book that i did, i dont intend to do anymore with them. They now produce them in Malaysia and it takes a lot longer to be delivered. When it arrived the photos are a lot darker than the originals loaded, I think the new printing system does not like photos taken on a phone. They are no longer good quality

albumworks   DM

Hi Trish, You don't need to start again. If you're receiving a warning advising of missing pictures, or pictures that you have added before now have a red exclamation mark in the middle of them, then this means that the editor is unable to locate the pictures.

The editor does not make a copy of your pictures but rather sources them from their original file path on your computer. Therefore if the editor cannot access that file path or the file path for your images has changed, then you will receive the missing pictures warning.

The most common cause of this is if your photos are saved on USB or to an external hard drive. As these are removable sources of media, they need to be plugged in or readable by your computer so that the editor can access the file path for these pictures. Another cause of this is if you have moved or renamed the pictures from the original location where you accessed them from - as they are no longer there, the file path that the editor has remembered is no longer valid.

To add your photos back into your project please follow the steps below:

1. Open the albumworks program and select 'Open Existing Project'.

2. Double click on your project name to open it. If there are missing pictures, a window will pop-up saying "The following pictures are missing...". Click on the 'Find Pictures' button.

3.The editor will then bring up a list of missing pictures. Click on one of the pictures and click the 'Update' button. This will open a window to allow you to find the location on your computer where the image is now stored.

Once you've located the image file for the picture that you were intending to update, click on the file and click 'Select'. You will be asked to confirm that you wish to update the picture.

4. After a moment, the editor should recognise if there are other 'missing' pictures located in the same folder as the image you just updated. It will ask you if you would like to update the other missing pictures as well. Click 'Yes' and every picture from that folder should now be updated. You will know if the file name has changed from red to black. If any of the file names are still in red, you will need to go through this process again.

5. Once all photos are updated, click 'Continue' to proceed to opening your project.

Hope this helps.

albumworks   DM

Hi Tracy, We move our production to Malaysia back in 2016 to be able to offer higher quality Photo Books as well as a wider range of products including Layflat albums. Our service level is to dispatch an order within 7 business days and it is rare for an order to take longer than this to dispatch. Once dispatched, delivery delays can occur particularly if you live in a regional area. Unfortunately such issues can be out of our control although we're always happy to follow up with the courier on your behalf.

There can be a number of reasons why images appear dark in an album and again we're always happy to investigate these issues on a case by case basis with our customers.

Kind regards

Petronella

Can I import a scanned pdf file into albumworks. If so how do I go about it. Cheers

albumworks   DM

Hi Petronella, Unfortunately our editor does not accept PDFs therefore you would need to convert it to a jpg or png file first. Then you'll be able to use it. There are many free converters if you do a simple Google search of 'convert PDF to JPG'.

Alternatively you could re-scan in JPG format. With scanned documents or images we recommend scanning between 300-600dpi to ensure the quality is sufficient. Don't scan higher than 600dpi though, as it makes the file size too large and doesn't improve the print quality.

Hope that helps.
- albumworks

Nick
Nick

I'm in the United States. how expensive is it to ship albums to the US? AND: Can i work on a single album for a while off and onb before printing or does it get deleted? thanks!

albumworks   DM

Hi Nick, Yes, you sure can. You can work on any project for as you like. Just ensure you check for updates in our editor.

Shipping is dependant on size and ranges from$9.95AU to $17.95AU. We charge the same shipping rates worldwide.

Feel free to contact our customer service team if you have any more enquiries - service@albumworks.com.au or use our live chat feature on our website - external link

Take care,
Kim

albumworks customer service manager

Graeme T.

Can a photo album be worked on from different devices? As in, is it accessible via a login from different devices?
Cheers,
Graeme
graemetrewin76@gmail.com

albumworks   DM

Hi Graeme. We've responded personally to your email. But here is an overview to your question.

If you use our online editor then you can work on more than one device. You access your project by logging in on our website.

If you use our download editor then your project is stored on the computer that you start it on. You can't easily move it to another device.

Regards

Mike C
Mike C

I make my albums on my desk top computer where I have all my photos to chose from and the ability to edit some as necessary using Lightroom and/or Photoshop. However, Albumworks are the best people to ask as they often update their services. Cheers

Thanks, Mike!

Janice H.
Janice H.

How do you add text?

albumworks   DM

Hi Janice, If you are using our desktop Download Editor, then you will find the "Add Text Box" icon in the blue editing panel. It is the little icon that has a green "+" and a "T". After adding the text box to your page, simply double click to add text.

If you are using our Online Editor from our website, then you will need to first switch to "Advanced Editing" in the top panel. Afterwards you should see an icon that says "Add Text Box". Clicking this icon will add text and then you can simply double click to add text.

If you have any more questions please feel free to use the Online Chat feature on our website. Thanks!

Helen Weston
Helen Weston

I would like to share the album with my sister before I have it printed. How do I do this.

albumworks   DM

Hi Helen, If you use our online editor to create your photobook you can share your profile and login with your sister. As our online editor is cloud-based and can be accessed off any pc/laptop with internet. I hope this helps. If you need further advice please contact us service@albumworks.com.au. Thank you

Louise
Louise

I have edited all my photos in Photoshop so I would like to use Photoshop to do my book. Can I send it to you to print? thanks Louise

albumworks   DM

Hi Louise, thanks for getting in touch. In order to put all the pages of your Photo Book together, you will need to use our Editor (either the downloadble software or online Editor).

We recommend exporting all of your image out of Photoshop and then import them into the Editor to place in your Photo Book.

If you have any questions along the way you can always call our customer service team on 1300 553 448 or use the Live Chat function on our website.

Ron
Ron

I have put my photos in a particular order in the folder on my desktop. When I transfer the folder into album works the order changes. How do I copy the folder so the photos stay in a designated order?

albumworks   DM

Hi Ron, The editor will import your folder in the same way the settings are set up in your folder. For example, if your folder is set to be organised "alphabetically", then that is the order they will be imported to your project. Similarly, if your folder is set to be organised by "date created", that is how they will import.

You can edit the way your files are sorted by right-clicking in the column headings of your folder.

We hope that helps!

-albumworks.

Get an answer from our members and albumworks representatives