Allianz Travel Insurance Questions & Answers

Comprehensive Plan, Basic Plan, Domestic Plan, Multi-Trip Plan (See All)
Listing monitored by Allianz Travel Insurance

93 questions from our users

John Hull
John Hullasked
Allianz Travel Insurance

I have booked a cruise from Hawaii back to Sydney on my BOQ platinum card with a 3 night stay in Waikiki prior to joining the ship. Do I receive a policy number?
Does that policy cover me for the cruise component?
Is my partner covered?

Kally Matsouliadis
Kally Matsouliadisasked
Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

Does this plan cover any loss of income if there are delays etc

Judi
Judi

I highly do NOT recommend this company for any travel insurance . They will never get back to you . It’s been a week for me now of not getting through on phone and no reply to my emails .

Thomas Casked
Allianz Travel Insurance

Have been trying to contact Allianz for about two weeks now to register pre existing conditions before we go os next Tuesday. Have got through on the phone a number of times and sent numerous emails and actually promised calls back from specialist staff for PEC's but nothing happens. I will be complaining bitterly to ANZ when I return about Allianz's performance. Sick and tired of waiting for a phone call, with my wife, when things have to be done.

Linda M.
Linda M.asked
Allianz Travel Insurance

I did an online medical assessment and says you will cover me even tho I have an upcoming treatment for kidney stones is this correct?

robert dunlop

Hey if you are still worried about it give them a call. They gave me a number 1800 420 031 and I got through pretty well straight away.

Doreen W.asked
Allianz Travel Insurance

Does Allianz travel insurance include covid cover

Sarah

It’s supposed to but they will make you jump through hoops before they pay anything.

Doreen W.

Can you provide travel insurance including covid cover ASAP as we need to leave on the 4th May. We are travelling to Argentina and Paraguay for family reasons.

Pet
Petasked
Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

How do I get a letter of eligibility for a trip that I'm doing to South Africa on 19th November return 22nd January. Paid on my card on the 30th March

william bell
william bellasked

how do we contact you as 13 1000 gets us nowhere,

John Ecclestonasked
Allianz Travel Insurance

i have just bought comprehensive travel insurance for my 17 days holiday thailand,am i covered for covid hospitalised should i test positive ?

Sarah

You’re technically supposed to be. But they will avoid paying at all costs. Even if you give them the proof they need.

John Eccleston

Policy no is alzccs0009335 phone no 0413807940 email is eccohouse@optusnet.com.au

Big Daddioasked

Hi,
Have an Allianz travel insurance policy through my ANZ credit card. We had booked and paid in full for an APT tour to Canada & Alaska in July 2020. APT have recently offered us a partial refund, less $6,500 in “third party fees”. Are we entitled to lodge a claim for the $6,500 in lost fees, or would I be wasting my time (think I might already know the answer!)?
Cheers
Steve

Bryn
Bryn
Concerned
Concernedasked
Allianz Travel Insurance

We have Allianz travel insurance through our credit card.
We had a holiday to Europe planned for April to June 2020. My husband was diagnosed with cancer in March and needed an operation in April. Are we covered?

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel InsuranceSend a private message

Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. Please call us on 13 1000 to discuss your specific policy and situation. Kind regards, Tegan

Mallytravel23
Mallytravel23asked
Allianz Travel Insurance

Booked our trip in early Jan 2020 to UK to depart in Sept 2020 using as always our ANZ Platinum Credit Card Insurance. At this early stage not sure if we will be covered for refunds of airline fees etc, still hoping to go.
Seems lots of confusion about refunds etc can you advise please.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel InsuranceSend a private message

Hi there, thanks for your query. I'd suggest calling us on 13 1000 to discuss your circumstances and one of our team members will be happy to help. Kind regards, Tegan

Francescoasked

Hello,
I have checked your website and can't find an answer to my question. I have also just phoned 131000 mas suggested to Jacqui (another person on this page) however I am unable to get through. My question is: I have taken out a policy beginning 16/5/20, ending 7/6/20. We had planned to travel to The Kimberley, WA. We have had to cancel the holiday due to WA borders being closed, in addition to some accommodation in Broome. Are we able to cancel our policy and what is the process?
Thank you for your assistance.
Tom

Raj
Raj

Sorry can’t help you but if they do not give you a refund take it up with AFCA as I will be doing

Thanks Raj.

jetsetter

Only way to get money out of this mob is by getting AFCA involved

jacquiasked
Allianz Travel Insurance

Hi I purchased 2 Travel Insurance Policies. Due to the Corona Virus our flights were cancelled by Jetstar. Can we get a refund for the Policies as we have not commenced our trip due to them cancelling on us and we do not intend to make a claim. I have spoken to Consumer Protection and they have stated that we should be entitled to a refund....

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel InsuranceSend a private message

Hi Jacqui, for refund requests please give us a call on 13 1000. Kind regards, Tegan

jacqui

Hi, yes we did that over a week ago. Just waiting for an answer. thank you regards Jacqui Gilbert..

Money
Moneyasked
Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

If I cancel my travel insurance policy before I travel, can I get a full refund without making a claim ?

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel InsuranceSend a private message

Hi there, I'd suggest giving us a call on 13 1000 to discuss your individual circumstances regarding a refund. Kind regards, Tegan

elledeeasked

Italy has been closed down. Will I get a refund for my trip to Italy

jetsetter

Doubt it. Hardly any insurance companies are covering epidemics/pandemics

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel InsuranceSend a private message

Hi there, we now have a coronavirus FAQs page on our website which may be useful for you: https://www.allianz.com.au/travel-insurance/covid19-faq/ Kind regards, Tegan

elledeeasked
Allianz Travel Insurance

I have purchased flights in September 2019 for travel to South Africa, via Singapore, then Italy and returning to Australia via Bangkok. If the Australian Government through Smart Traveller, calls any of these destinations as ‘level 4’ (do not travel) can I claim on my Complimentary travel insurance issued via ANZ Platinum card?

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel InsuranceSend a private message

Hi there, I'd advise calling us on 13 1000 to discuss your individual circumstances. Kind regards, Tegan

cyno
cyno

Why can't you just answer the question now???? This question pertains to hundreds of people in the same situation. Good luck to having question answered on 131000...

Tricky Ricky
Tricky Ricky
Steve
Steveasked
Allianz Travel Insurance

If I book to travel to the United Kingdom and Ireland neither of which are included at this time in warnings from The Travel Smart website. Will I be covered for cancellation if they are put on the "Do not travel" list between now and when I travel. Will my medical expenses be covered in the UK and Ireland if there is a coronavirus outbreak while I am there? Will that include repatriation?

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel InsuranceSend a private message

Hi Steve, I'd suggest giving us a call on 13 1000 to discuss your circumstances. Kind regards, Tegan

Merril ROBERTSONasked
Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

If I booked and paid my fares on ANZ PLATINUM January, 2020 am I eligible for a refund as a result of the Coronavirus?

Allianz PartnersAllianz Travel InsuranceSend a private message

Hi Merril, thanks for your question - you can call us on 13 1000 to discuss your individual circumstances. Kind regards, Tegan

Merril ROBERTSON

Ive emailed the company and hoping for an answer

Paddi B
Paddi B
Darryl C.asked
Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

Now travel insurer Allianz Partners says it will cover any coronavirus related claims, provided the policy was taken out before midday on January 30. Any policies brought after that time will treat the coronavirus outbreak as a ‘known event,’ and will therefore not be able to offer cover.

Acting CEO Kevin Blyth says Allianz Partners has taken into account the advice of the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the New Zealand Government, which is advising against all but essential travel to China.

“Anyone who took out a policy with us prior to our travel advisory today (Jan 30) will definitely be covered for the coronavirus outbreak,” Blyth told Insurance Business.

“That advisory was our line in the sand, as we expect that everybody would know by this stage that this is a known event.”

“As Tim Grafton rightly said in his statement, it is very difficult to ascertain costs when something becomes a pandemic, and being able to price for that is very difficult,” he explained. “We’ve probably been one of the more generous insurers, and have held off on our travel advisory for as long as we could.”

Allianz Partners excludes pandemics and epidemics under its policy wording, and Blyth says the insurer usually waits for the WHO to declare an epidemic before it stops offering cover. He says he has not yet had any claims related to the coronavirus, but there has been a massive uptick in queries regarding customers’ travel policies.

Ocean
Ocean

Hi There
Do you know if anyone has successfully been refunded by Allianz Travel insurance for travel booked pre the 30th January?

In other words....Probably Not

Darryl C.asked
Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

"Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses Unlimited"
Don't write this on the front cover of your policies when it's not true for unknown events.

Get an answer from our members and Allianz Travel Insurance representatives

Official Website

Mariah

Exactly what I need

by Mariah on 16 Aug 2022
I’ve used FastCover whenever I’ve gone to the US to see my family and will always use them. I would always rather be safe than sorry!... Read full review

Brett

Clear and Understandable

by Brett on 15 Aug 2022
Fast Cover was easy to set up, with clear and concise questions. We compared this highly rated cover with other travel insurance policies and found Fa... Read full review

Sydney Reviewer

So easy~!

by Sydney Reviewer on 15 Aug 2022
For all previous travels I went with the companies I knew. Little did I know that the others were less expensive for a reason - and you'd only ever fi... Read full review