Alpha Car Hire Questions & Answers

Muller R.
Muller R.

Being able to get back my money after falling for an investment pyramid scam is something quite rare nowadays. They are one of the rare ones out there contact mbiserviceslimited . org

ozteam
ozteam

Has anyone hired an Alpha pantec truck, been sold the excess cover insurance supposedly reducing the damage to $1250 and not the $6600 maximum claim and then be told after u return with a tree branch scrape on the side that u are not covered as it was not an accident involving others vehicles but a single tree incident and you have to pay more? So the lies told by the sales people are just to get u to pay for something that does not cover you? Any other experiences like this?

kenome
kenome

Im facing a similar situation...Has yours been resolved? what eventually happened. I've sent you an email. your response will be highly appreciated.

kenomi

Suzann M.
Suzann M.

Hello I hired a car from Melbourne for 10 days it has been returned on time and just wanting to know when do I get my bond of $550 back

Emma E
Emma E

hi, have you get the bond back yet? im planning to rent a car from them, but wanted to make sure they would be responsible too for the refunding bond

Lynette B.
Lynette B.

We are hiring the truck to move furniture and need to know do you hire out removal blankets?

Agnes

I have quotes on various Alpha cars Quote Number 99JNSZ.
I have read reviews of your cars some very good, others very awful re dirty cars ,poor maintenance etc.
What age would the cars I have been quoted on be, & what guarantee do I have that they will run perfectly for the 5 weeks hire period.

Sven
Sven

Honestly... choose a other company to get a hassle free holiday. Alpha car hire isn’t that good and if u have any problems it’s very hard to deal with them

craig
craig

I have hired twice and had no issues

Alpha Car Hire   DM

Hi Agnes, Thank you for your question.
Our cars are up to approximately 5 years old and are cleaned and serviced regularly. All our vehicles are covered with roadside assistance (e.g. RACQ, NRMA); this should give you peace of mind when hiring one of our vehicles.
Regards,

Alpha Car Hire   DM

Apologies Agnes, I should have said that our vehicles are up to approximately three years old.

Heidi
Heidi

HI Agnes. I had a car hired for 2 weeks whilst I found myself a new car. The headlights went out in the car at night. I tried calling the number in the brochure for roadside assistance and it went to the reservations office located in the Phillipines. They had no information about roadside assistance. So I left the car locked where it broke down and caught an UBER at my cost. Now they are refusing to refund my money for the days I couldnt use the car. They are not being fair and they treat customers very badly.

Agnes

Thankyou, I have been convinced by the answers to choose another company.

Mike K
Mike K

How do I pay toll fees

Mario Morello
Mario Morello

Your credit card will be charged automatically.

Ric
Ric

Does the daily limit of 500 kms accumulate? So for a 10 day hire will equate to 5000. Permitted kms? Regards Rick

Jenny W
Jenny W

Hi I want to hire a car at Melbourne airport as we are driving to Ballarat. are your cars at the airport or in Melbourne city center?

Cheers Jen

Tom
Tom

They are not in the airport terminal. You can access a free shuttle bus service that takes approximately 7-10 minutes travel time to get to the depot.

James Morrison
James Morrison

Bear in mind that the Manager at Tullamarine is not customer focused. He will force you to pay more and try to push you into a car finance deal. He is not professional or honest.

MgrMA
MgrMA

James Morrison rented from Alpha for over a month and wanted to rent for 12 months which we do not do. He was offered a long term hire in our Alpha AA Advantage Programme but declined. He also wanted to extend his rental but unfortunately we were fully booked out. Its a pity James has resorted to false and misleading claims on Product Review. We take these matters seriously. James also tried to rent from our Dandenong Branch so its confusing why he insists on stating we are not customer focused. Our rating is an excellent 4.3 for a reason. Thank you.

Sherms
Sherms

Hi! I’m returning the car at 6am. Are there any free shuttle available to the airport terminal?

jwho
jwho

Hi, we are considering Alpha Car Hire. Can you advise the return procedure please - when returning the car, do we drop it off at the airport or at your depot?

We have an early flight and would be worried about possible delays if we have to wait for a shuttle to the airport after dropping off the car.

Thanks.

Alpha Car Hire   DM

Hi Jwho, Depending on the location you are returning the vehicle. The Brisbane branch opens at 4am and our Gold Coast branch opens at 5am.

Both of these locations are located less than a 10 minute drive to the airport.

When returning your vehicle the process can take only 5 minutes, it is a matter of collecting the keys from you, looking over the car and assisting you into the shuttle. What we do recommend for some customers that are travelling on the first flights out, is to drop your party off at the airport first or even check in. Then just the driver return with the vehicle, this helps to make the process even quicker.

We pride ourselves on ensuring that all our customers make their flights.

We look forward to assisting you with your car hire.

Kind regards

The Alpha Team

Nickname
Nickname

Is it true that you hire out customers cars that have paid for long term parking?

Alpha Car Hire   DM

No we do not offer this type of service at this stage. There are parking stations that are connected with websites that offer this.

NLM
NLM

Just wondering what condition your cars are in? Are they new or a little older?

Alpha Car Hire   DM

Hello NLM, we have a mixed fleet of cars, some are brand new, while others are 2 to 3 years old.

Kind regards,

the Alpha team.

PeterW
PeterW

I disagree with Alpha on our recent trip, 3 weeks ago, to Brisbane Airport we had booked a Corolla sized car and was Given a Camry that had 178,000kms on it that looked like a 2005 model that was filthy inside smelled of cigarette smoke and the wiper rubbers were useless in heavy rain. Cars are much more than 3 years old

brinks
brinks

Has anybody hired the carseats when hiring an Alpha car from the Goldcoast? I rang to check what sort of carseats they have and what age groups they were suited to, so i could decide whether to take our own up or not, and the gentlemen said he couldn't tell me as it all depended what was on sale, etc. I get that, but surely he knows whether the forward facing carseat is suited for over 4 yrs or not.

Not a great first impression, hopefully our actual carhire experience goes better!

Alpha Car Hire   DM

Hello Brinks, you're right, we should have been more helpful than this and we'll address it with some staff training. For your piece of mind, the Queensland Government regulations state a child 4 years or older should be restrained with either a Booster seat with lap-sash H-harness or a booster seat with a secured adult seat-belt. AND A child who has turned 4 but is too small for a booster seat should remain in a forward facing child restraint with built-in harness. So depending on the size of your child, either of these options would suffice. You can read all about it through the following link.

Hope you have a great holiday!

Regards, the Alpha team.

file:///C:/Users/MarketingMgr/Downloads/Child_restraints_qanda%20(1).pdf

Jynx
Jynx

Has the price gone up?

I'm sure I paid around $14 per day less than a year ago, and have now just received an email about a loyalty program. At the bottom, there was a link to book "from $29 a day".

If that's the case, I'll go back to Andrews Airport Parking.

Anne
Anne

we paid $114 for 4 days which was great,discount of $14

but they made up for it with our speed camera fine, (this admin fee was written under things you should know on page 4,sent to us with our email receipt

Alpha Car Hire   DM

Hi NM The $29 per day price point is for car hire. If you have a look at the bottom of the email you will see the logo for Alpha Car Hire. Probably not as clear as it should be.

Ivana

Rick Roser
Rick Roser

That's right down the bottom in tiny tiny fine print Anne...
"Probably not as clear as it should be"…what a Joke

Andy
Andy

It is the contract signers responsibility to read the contract prior.....just saying

Get an answer from our members and Alpha Car Hire representatives

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Alpha Car Hire is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2023, 2022.