Aussie Broadband Questions & Answers

Verifiedaussiebroadband.com.au🏆 2024 Award
Les · Aussie Broadband

I presently am a Telstra customer with nbn broadband and modem phone. Will my Telstra modem be suitable to use to connect when switching to Aussiebroadband? Telstra modem model number is DJA0230

John G. D.
John G. D.

Telstra Smart modem v1.1. Indeed a fair modem a few years back and you could use it with some tweaking I guess - https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/help-centre/internet/byo-router-settings-nbn-guide/ contact the ABB helpdesk to be sure.
However the NetComm NF20 Wi-Fi 6 that ABB sells is much better, faster and worth the $$. It has the following: Mesh-enabled for seamless connection to CloudMesh Satellites, Automated Wi-Fi issue resolution with Wi-Fi AutoPilot, Gigabit connection to high-speed fibre networks, Support for VDSL2 and Voice, and Wi-Fi visibility and assurance with the Wi-Fi Analytics Platform. I binned the Telstra Arcadyan (V2) modem, that had a number of issues and Telstra would not replace, for the above. I run a wired gigabit ethernet network and mesh WiFi. The Netcomm is by far superior and is configured by ABB. All you do is plug all cables and your set. If you require VoIP porting, include it in the request. Do not cancel your Telstra service until the number is ported to ABB. Best switch ever!

Aussie Broadband   DM

Wow, thank you so much John! That is some fantastic advice. :-) Just popping a comment here to confirm that Telstra modems usually work with our NBN services, however if you have a home phone that function on the modem is often locked to Telstra.

Cheers!

Thanks John and Sarah. This is very helpful

Sam D. · Aussie Broadband

How long would it switch from another network provider to Aussie broadband as we are wanting to change and are hoping it will be within a day if possible

VaughnR
VaughnR

Should be pretty much straight away if you have a running connection and a suitable modem … I think they say up to a day but it is usually within 20 minutes. Each time I have done it, it has been almost immediate.

Sam D.

Ok that’s perfect because dodo took 3 days and was really hopping it wouldn’t be that long again

Stuart C.
Stuart C.

Once my fibre upgrade was done it was activated the same day. (I went from fibre in the street to FTP).

Delia B.
Delia B. · Aussie Broadband

Live in between Cairns and Townsville in Queensland and am wondering if anyone else in this area can tell me about their internet connection and if aussie broadband meets their needs TIA

yvonne
yvonne · NBN 50/20 (Everyday)

Single aged pensioner. What plan would I need? Family plan not suitable. Do not do Netflix etc. Mainly for internet banking, FB, YouTube, ABC and SBS. I am also in a low reception are. Thanking you.

Aussie Broadband   DM

Hi Yvonne, thank you for your question! Is this for your internet or mobile? I would recommend the 'Casual' plan we do, which is $69/mo with no lock in contract.

Feel free to ask any follow-up questions here. Thanks!

Jaros
Jaros · Aussie Broadband

How much is ftp supply

Mitchell Herbert
Mitchell Herbert

Mine was $0 upgrade because there wasn’t a lot of work they had to do for an upgrade.
I got a text/email saying I was eligible and to talk to my provider (ABB) and they organised it all. Someone just has to be home a couple of times for the techs to do their thing

Aussie Broadband   DM

G'day Jaros! Thanks for your question. Are you enquiring about the fibre upgrade program? :-) - Sarah

Helen W.
Helen W. · Aussie Broadband

I am wanting to switch internet servers ( from Telstra to Aussie Broadband) but I do not want to lose my Landline and I don't want to include my MOBILE in my plan. Can this be done without any dramas ? I am a pensioner, so do not want a big bill to pay.

Anne T.
Anne T.

Yes, it can. I have a home phone and it was very easy. They are so helpful. I’ve got my mobile with them as well and kept my old number. That was even easier.

Denise27
Denise27

We have a home phone line but it still uses NBN (not the old wired ones). Our mobiles are still with Telstra.

Aussie Broadband   DM

Hi Helen! Thank you kindly for asking this question :-) You absolutely can transfer your home phone number across - just make sure not to cancel your old phone service until we send you an email confirming the number has been successfully transferred ❤

We also have a 'casual' plan for your home phone, which is $0/month and pay as you go for the calls you make. This plan is popular for those who wish to keep their number and receive calls at no extra cost.

JOHN PROTHERO
JOHN PROTHERO · Aussie Broadband

do you have mob phone service

Aussie Broadband   DM

G'day John, thanks for your question! We do have SIM-only mobile plans that can be bundled with your internet, or used on their own :-) external link

Feel free to ask any other questions you have in a reply!

Chris T. · Aussie Broadband

why cant i login

Aussie Broadband   DM

Hey Chris, thank you for reaching out, sorry to hear you can't log in! We were having some issues with our internal systems yesterday morning, which may have caused issues logging in to MyAussie. This should be fixed now, otherwise please call us on 1300 880 905 if you still can't log in to your account. :-)

Chris T.

all working after 4 hours no internet and had to recycle nbn box and dlink router modem but it doesnt seem to let my wifi connect correctly at same time as being connected via ethernet connection on both computers as have laptop and desktop connected full time then on ocationally a tab8 which is supposed to share my iphone data

Chris T.

also had important message blocked from being sent and recieved by recipent and myself

Jason Murphy

MLD Proxy: Enable

These are my settings that work. With my Dlink DSL-3900 FW: AU_1.02

trevor a.
trevor a. · Aussie Broadband

Iwant to get aussie broadband at [Content Removed] brisbane.I spoke to [Name Removed] yesterday shecould not locate the adress but the people in other units have nbn.I was told that the adress is [Number Removed] but it is DEFINITELY [Number Removed] because i live in a block of [Number Removed] units [Number Removed] is a divided house with only a couple of tenants.the post office now has rectified the problem.i need the id for the property of unit[Number Removed].can you please get me connected.I have an nbn box outside my door.as have all the units at [Content Removed].I was with Telstra using a dongle but I am terminating the service.if it is necessary I will go to your city office but I am an 82 yr.0ld man my computer is being used at my friendsplace at [Content Removed] because no service at home I have any information you need for identification.I tried to contact nbn. but there is no place to send an email when you ring I wa on the phone for hours yesterday.but they keep saying ring later. can you please help or send someon to [Number Removed] not [Number Removed] so they can see.or ring me on [Number Removed] thank you.

Matthew
Matthew

There is a lot number on your council rates notice that you may be able to use instant of postal address. They asked me for that when I got connected once

Try Australia On Line for better service than AussieBB

Paul · Aussie Broadband

Hello,

I have a brand new ABB Voip service and am trying to set my Voicemail.

Your website says to dial 101 which I think is the Telstra way. That doesn't work.

Dialling 321 (the Optus way) doesn't work either.

Can you confirm the number to setup / access Voicemail please.

Regards,

Aussie Broadband   DM

Hey Paul, thanks for reaching out! :-) 101 should be the right number for Voicemail, but it is typically something that needs to be turned on first. Have you set it up with our customer service team?

Paul

Thanks Sarah. I didn't know it had to be turned on first. Will contact customer service.

Aussie Broadband   DM

Glad to help :-) I've noted it's not in some of our guides, so we'll work on improving that info!

Braidyn A.
Braidyn A. · NBN 50/20 (Everyday)

Hello just wondering why ping doubles randomly like one day I'll have 65ms and the next 120

Aussie Broadband   DM

Hi Braidyn, thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear of your ping dramas - were these results from a speed test website, while playing a game, or for something specific? - Sarah

MalH
MalH · Aussie Broadband

After 15 yrs with Westnet, I canceled my account as I recently toured Australia for 8 months.
I now wish to find another ISP asap, and you come highly recommended.
I still have my Westnet modem, please advise set up time, procedures, and costs please, we have I computer, 2 iPads, and Fetch on our tv, we would also like to instal Skype on our tv too.
Regards
Mal Hedges
[Contact Details Removed]

Aussie Broadband   DM

Hi Mal, thanks for your question! If you're already connected to the NBN and wish to try using an existing modem, the average connection from sign-up takes only a few hours (although some procedural delays may cause it to take up to 5 days, very uncommon)

You can bundle a Fetch TV service with your Aussie Broadband internet plan for an extra $10/mth (mini) or $15/month (mighty). Based on the usage you described, I'd recommend the Everyday 50/20 plan ($79/mo) or the Family plan if you've got more than 2 people regularly using the internet.

You can do this from our website, or by giving us a call! We can place the bundled order over the phone in one call.

Let us know if you have any other questions! :-)

Paul · NBN

Good morning,

I don't have a mobile phone (am on a disability pension always at home with no need and no desire for one).

With recent MFA changes I can no longer login to my own iiNet account because they only accept the one time MFA code being sent to a mobile phone. They have no other options and said if I wanted I could switch to a new provider.

Am I correct that currently with Aussie Broadband your MFA code can be sent to a registered email address OR to a mobile phone?

Others (Telstra, Optus, Dodo etc) allow that but I've done my homework and you folk have the best rating coupled with the products I need.

Also, I'm not normally a complainer. Until this issue I hadn't put a complaint in to iiNet in the 15+ years I've been with them so if you can cater to those of us without mobile phones you would have a long term easy going loyal customer.

All I want is NBN that works as advertised with an NBN phone and that allows me to login to my own account to check usage, look at bills, change plans if necessary and all without having to purchase a mobile phone which I don't need.

Speed isn't an issue. I regularly get 90+ Mbps down and 20 up.

Can you help?

Regards,

Aussie Broadband   DM

Hi Paul, thank you so much for reaching out to ask this important question! We can help! Our options for this MFA process include SMS, in-app notification (for our mobile app), and email.

Your assumption is correct! We would certainly be able to do the email option for you at any time we may need to follow this MFA process. :-)

Let us know if you have any questions, thanks!

Paul

Much appreciated thank you. Once I have saved enough for the first month and a new modem I will make the call :-)

Aussie Broadband   DM

We look forward to your call! You can use an existing modem once you're ready to sign-up, as long as it's compatible :-) Cheers!

Paul

Thanks Sarah. I think I will have to send my iiNet modem back. Happy to buy one from yourselves as it is easier to setup I'm sure.

TruthLover
TruthLover · NBN 100/20 (Family)

Why has ABB standard of customer service fallen? Profits before People???

Aussie Broadband   DM

Hey there - deeply sorry if we've let you down recently. :-( Customer service is not something that's easily measured - it's subjective, depending on the person and what their support needs are. If you have any feedback or issues to report regarding our support teams, please let us know using this form (www.aussiebroadband.com.au/lodge-a-complaint/)

Neb-Maat-Re

Try Australia On Line - a small provider that actually cares about customer service (and has a 4.8 Product Review rating compared to ABB's 4.5).

Rens V. · Aussie Broadband

Hi if I buy my own router and bought a ASUS TUF AX5400 dual band wifi 6 specifically, will this router work/compatible with the family nbn plan?

Aussie Broadband   DM

Hi Rens, thanks for your question! You can absolutely bring your own router, and that one should be compatible with all connection types, except for Fibre to the Node (for FTTN you need a router that also has a modem function). Reply if you have any follow-up questions! :-)

Rens V.

Hi thanks for the response,
In my scenario we got a new land and I’m still unsure what kind of connection of nbn we are going to get.
But let’s say, if we do have that fibre to the Node, can I just buy a separate modem to work with that same router I previously mentioned? Or do I have to buy modem router in one?

Aussie Broadband   DM

Thanks again for your question! :-) If it's a new build it is highly unlikely it will end up being FTTN - most newly built premises are Fibre.

But - if you end up with FTTN, you absolutely can use a separate device as a modem and then connect your preferred router in bridge mode.
Cheers! - Sarah

Jessica M.
Jessica M. · NBN 50/20 (Everyday)

What is the Aussie NBN connectivity like in Canberra? Is it reliable or subject to outages? Slow? Any other problems?

Grant
Grant

I have no idea, sorry.
I’m in South Gippsland in Victoria.

Aussie Broadband   DM

Hey Jessica, thanks for reaching out with your question! With any area covered by NBN, our plans can get you to the top achievable speed at your address. For info specific to where you are, I'd recommend giving our Sales team a call on 1300 880 905 to discuss what speeds are available for you. :-) - Sarah

Mike C25
Mike C25 · NBN 12/1 (Starter)

Please advise me what the monthly cost would be for a service using 2 mobiles, 1 handline and NBN for a couple of retired pensioners on limited incomes

Aussie Broadband   DM

Hey Mike, thanks for reaching out! The following is a quote based on my personal recommendations; we can vary each item if you need more or less data/speed. This quote is our lower speed broadband with unlimited downloads, unlimited calls to local, national, and mobile numbers from your mobiles and home phone, and 3GB data per month for each mobile. You could subtract $10 from this quote if you don't use the home phone much and would rather pay the rate each call you make (receiving calls would still be included).

Seniors' NBN plan - $55 + Everyday VoIP (Phone) $10 + Basic Mobile 2x $15
Total monthly cost - $95

If you'd be keen to go ahead, please send us a private message here on ProductReview with your phone number and we can organise a call-back for you. :-)

Nhan Nguyen · Aussie Broadband

Does it need a modem and who will provided (Aussie broadband or the customer)?

David
David

Aussie provide it when you sign up.

Nhan Nguyen

How long does it take to proceed a new contract up to the completion of the installation? And any requirements for the customer (eg. contact details, ...)?

Nhan Nguyen

How long does it take to have the installation done once signed up? And any requirements from the customer? Thanks

Aussie Broadband   DM

Hi Nhan, thanks for your question! Due to the nature of our plans being month-to-month (no contract), you have the option to BYO modem/router or you may purchase one of the models we sell.

The ones we sell are unlocked but pre-configured for your service. If you'd like to bring your own hardware, our team can still assist you in setting it up to work with our service.

Installation times can vary depending on NBN contractors in your area, on average the turnaround can fall anywhere between 1 and 4 weeks. :-)

If you'd like to message us on ProductReview with your address, we can provide a little more info on what that process may look like.

Nhan Nguyen

Just would like to let you know the NBN box/line has already been installed at my place. I had already used it with another ISP, now I would like to switch. So, again, my question is how long the process with take once a new customer signed up? BTW, how much Aussie Broadband will charge me for the modem?

Aussie Broadband   DM

Thanks for the clarification! In that case, if no installation is needed - our turnaround time is 5 days or less. In most cases, we are able to activate the new service on the same day you place your order. However, if you are ordering hardware, we typically wait until the tracking on your parcel is marked as delivered before connecting the service so your billing won't start for it until you're able to use it. :-)

Nhan Nguyen

Thank you very much fro the prompt reply. Sorry for bothering you, could you specify the price of the modem please. Also (I should ask this question first) is the service available in the postcode VIC 3011? Thanks

Aussie Broadband   DM

Thanks again for your reply :-) We absolutely cover the area - I can see there are a small number of buildings/complexes there on private networks (not NBN) that we wouldn't be able to do, but you mention you have NBN equipment installed so it's a definite yes for coverage!

John Lee · Aussie Broadband

I have talked with my ISP for the drop outs during the days time, everyday during 9:00 to 18:00, it will disconnected minimum three time (some time more), each time will be around 5 to 6 min, called their support but no luck.

I'm work from home, internet for me is very important. Doing some research, seem Aussie Broadband will be a good choice. my current is through NBN box, connected via the coaxial cable.

Here are some question want to check, because after go to Aussie Broadband web site and find a suitable plan, it make me a bit confuse.

1. What are the connection type? PPPoE or VDSL2 or just DHCP?
2. I have a NBN Box in my apartment, I guess it could be FTTN/B?
3. Do you provide a "Static IP Address" service?
4. Can I use my own device?

Aussie Broadband   DM

Hey John! Glad to hear that you are thinking of joining us :) In answer to your questions:
1 - DHCP, which means you don't need to put any settings in your router, it should be automatic.
2 - A great question, here's a link so you can see what type of connection it is: external link .
3 - We can provide a static IP, it just comes at an additional cost.
4 - Of course, we offer a BYO modem / router service, so you can bring your own as long as it is unlocked!

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. Kindest, Lizzie

Hi, Lizzie

Thank you for your respond, I have called your customer service this morning, they are very professional to answer all my question. I have switched to Aussie Broadband this morning.

BR,
John.

Aussie Broadband   DM

Hey John! So glad that you made the switch to us - welcome! Any other questions, just let me know. Kindest, Lizzie

John Lee · Aussie Broadband

Just wonder if Aussie Broadband can provide service within the Kelvin Grove, QLD 4059 location? also what type of connection that Aussie Broadband provide? PPPoE or just DHCP to connect to the Modem(Router/Firewall)? the existing connection in my apartment is NBN box.

John Lee

also do you provide static IP service?

Craig J
Craig J

Hi John,

I'm over at Woolloongabba but my son has it at Kelvin Grove. Basically go to their site and type in your address and it will let you know whats available NBN wise. Good riddens to the old PPPoE, they have DHCP I actually have my Router plugged straight into the NBN box - Dont need a modem anymore as the NBN box is the modem.

With my woeful experiences with Telstra, Optus and Mate all their traffic was erratic even for my FTTP.... Aussie Broadband has been very stable since July when I signed up - I havent looked back....

Hi, Craig

Thank you for your note here.

John

Aussie Broadband   DM

Hey John! As Craig said above - head to our website and we can look at this for you :) And we also do provide a static IP service, for an additional fee. Kindest, Lizzie

Hi, Lizzie

thank you for your reply, I have called your Customer Service this morning, very professional, answer all my question, I signed up with Aussie Broadband and just 15min, the service was active. now I'm using it.

John

Glad to hear John! Welcome to the ABB family :) - Lizzie

Get an answer from our members and Aussie Broadband representatives

Select a listing for your question

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Aussie Broadband is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023, 2022, 2020, 2019 and 2018. Learn more

Launtel Residential