Australia On Line Questions & Answers

Verifiedozonline.com.au
Chris P.
Chris P. · Fixed Wireless NBN 25 (Speed Boost)

We are with Southern Phone (God help us!!) and I wondered whether we would need a different modem if we transfer to Australia On Line?
Thanks, Christine

Australia On Line   DM

Hi Chris, You should be able to use your Southern Phone modem, yes.
We've never had a problem with ex-Southern Phone customers.

CrackedChelle
CrackedChelle · Australia On Line

Is this a Tier 1 company?

Australia On Line   DM

Hi Chelle, Australia On Line is a private family owned Australian company, meaning we don't use overseas call centres, all our staff are in Australia and we have years of experience.

Neb-Maat-Re
Neb-Maat-Re

There are no Tier 1 providers in Australia. Even national carrier the big "T" is Tier 2 - you could argue they are Tier 2.5 but certainly not Tier 1.

What you get with Australia On Line is reliable fast internet with great customer service.

S Broomhall. · Australia On Line

Is a landline included in the cheapest package?

Australia On Line   DM

Hello, thank you for inquiring. The cheapest package which is $59 unlimited on the standard 12 speed is only the internet, no land line is required. I hope this helps.

S Broomhall.

I use a landline. I'm confused by your answer. Does $59/month include a landline?

Australia On Line   DM

Hi S Broomhall, Sorry to confuse.
The cheapest $59/month package only includes internet, not a landline service as well.
I hope that clarifies.

Petrolpump
Petrolpump · Australia On Line

What do I do now that have asked you about whether I can use my old modem to set up the internet

Australia On Line   DM

Hi Judy, unfortunately the short answer is now, you can't use the Vivid modem.

Petrolpump
Petrolpump · Australia On Line

I have a modem from vivid wireless which is not operating anymore. I was wondering if I could use this modem to set up the internet with Australia On Line. The internet I use now is hopeless & only works sometimes. I have an iPhone & and iPad. judybowser@icloud.com

Australia On Line   DM

Hi Judy, thanks for your inquiry. If I understand correctly, if the modem has failed then I don't imagine it will work with any provider. In short, the Vivid Wireless modems are really intended for use with 4G and are typically locked to Vivid or Optus, so the short answer is no I'm afraid.

Gavin L.
Gavin L. · NBN 50/20 (Boost)

What does "(Boost)" imply in your bandwidth rated packages? Is 50 mbps enough bandwidth to stream 2 HD movies to two different HD TVs through the one modem simultaneously at night time?

Australia On Line   DM

Hi Gavin, thanks for the question. Typically 50Mbps is enough, depending on the modem and the strength of the wifi. Remember with FTTN that the modem has to both drive the phone line to the node AND run the wifi. So you might want to consider running a modem to drive the FTTN and decent wifi router such as our Deco M5 mesh 2 pack to drive the wifi. I hope this helps.

Phil
Phil · Fixed Wireless

Can you advise me if Fixed Wireless is available in Glenorie NSW 2157?

Australia On Line   DM

Hi Phil, to answer this question we need a full street address, as availability can vary from property to property. If you'd like us to check and you don't want to share your street address on a public forum you can send an enquiry to sales@australiaonline.net.au

Colin B
Colin B · Australia On Line

I am currently with Telstra via HFC Cable and need to move to NBN. Due to Covid 19 I am currently having to host a server at my home for a charity I volunteer for. I am told the system cannot get access to files remotely on the server if the ISP uses CGNAT. Does Australia On Line use CGNAT and if so can I opt out ?

Australia On Line   DM

Hi Colin, As we've discussed, we don't use CGNAT. Thanks for signing up with us.

frank m.
frank m. · Australia On Line

I need to conet to to internet please you sand some one yesterday to conet the nbn line and I need to conet to internet.

Australia On Line   DM

Hi Frank, we're very happy to help you connect to the internet. Call us on 1300 650 661 if you want to discuss plans or signup or you can signup online.

bill m. · Australia On Line

instructions to syncing a new remote to a fish havster

PeterWH
PeterWH

Good afternoon Bill....I suggest that you ring Australia on line at 1300650661....the staff are ALL Aussies and based in Australia,and I am sure that they would be able to help you out.....when you ring the number press the button for technical person and they will be only to happy to help.
I hope that helps you out

bill m. · Australia On Line

instructions for syncing fish harvester remote

bill m.

instructions for syncing a new remote to fish havester

Tryria
Tryria

I guess I am not the best person to ask this question off. I have a computer and an iPad. Have you contacted Australia on Line? Else, have you contacted the Fish Harvester people? They probably know more about their services than I would.
Good Luck

Jennifer P
Jennifer P · Australia On Line

Will need to switch providers in a few months . My current modem was set up when I received it from Amnet . What do i do if i switch to yourself and if I need to configure existing modem do i get help with that . I only use my phone line for my Fetch TV and Monitored Security Do not have a phone connected however I get charged for 1300 numbers that is used by security I guess I will be charged for those too with yourselves . I guess I would choose the plan with casual calls ? Can I upgrade plans or downgrade at any time?

Australia On Line   DM

Hi Jennifer, thanks for your question. Yes, we assist you in configuring your existing modem.
1300 numbers are still chargeable, yes.
Are you changing to NBN or still ADSL?

Wingding
Wingding · Australia On Line

Most companies discontinued or will soon discontinue providing the dial up internet service.

How long will your company shutting down the DIAL UP internet service ?

Australia On Line   DM

Hi Wingding, We will continue to provide dial up as long as we can continue to obtain access to the phone line network from the carriers.

We have no indication from our suppliers of any intention to retire our access to the phone line network.

Marie S
Marie S · Australia On Line

If I sign up to you, are there any external influences (eg Telstra, extra costs) in Redland Bay Qld 4165?

Australia On Line   DM

Hi Marie, Thanks for the great question!

There are no extra fees other than ours. So no, you don't have to pay any additional line rental, or anything, to Telstra.

Kind regards

hydraflexx
hydraflexx · Australia On Line

Hi,

I have recently discovered the unreliability of the FTTN NBN. I have 5 days with no internet. Shoddy NBN techs. So I am curious if you offer a 4G backup like Telstra?

Thanks,

hydraflexx

Australia On Line   DM

Hi Hydraflexx, Gosh, that sounds very poor.

Our routers do have an ability to plug in a mobile broadband dongle, but we ourselves do not provide the mobile broadban.

Manny
Manny · Australia On Line

I have been waiting for about a month o be connected with Aussie Broadband and was thinking of signing up with Australia Online...How quickly do they connect people on the NBN? Thanks..

Australia On Line   DM

Hi, We forward orders swiftly through to NBN Co in doing so we minimise activation times. Having said this, once the order is in the hands of the NBN, there's not much any provider can do to accelerate the NBN process.

Give us a call, we'd be interested in finding out what kind of NBN delivery is involved and what advice you've been given.

Kazza
Kazza

Hey I'm not sure how quick it would be as I don't have the nbn where I am yet but I'm guessing it would be quick if u have nbn in your area give them a go u will not be disappointed at all

Massica1910
Massica1910 · Australia On Line

Looks lime the reviews are pretty good. I have a question...the company's website looks suspiciously like the Belong internet site and the home phone plans they offer with ADSL are the same as what telstra offer. Telstra owns Belong and i have a feeling they own Australia On Line.....can anyone prove me wrong on this?

calm1
calm1

I'm not sure who owns it but every time I ring I get one of two very helpful men. I don't have to go indepth as to who I am as they are familiar with my file. I had a bit of a delay getting contacted as we are a new estate and NBN had to connect. But Australian online kept me updated along the way and I didn't get monthly charges until I was fully connected

Australia On Line   DM

Australia On Line has been going since 1994, before Telstra was even supplying Internet. You can check the following History of the Australian Internet for confirmation of this, external link

I'm not sure that I see the similarity between the Belong website and ours, but I'll take it as a compliment that our presentation is comparable to that of

a much larger company (Belong/Telstra).

No, we are not part of Belong/Telstra.

Regards

Natsabishi
Natsabishi · Australia On Line

I live in swan view and have had enough of my service provider constant problems and over charging. Apparently I can't get nbn here. I'm looking for unlimited broadband service for a decent price and great speed with times we have three devices running. What cost am I looking at?

Australia On Line   DM

For ADSL2+ it is $49 activation and $59 per month for unlimited data assuming you have an existing phone service connected to the Telstra network (though not necessarily via Telstra retail).

Dina Green
Dina Green

Hi Natsabishi

If you are happy with the cost of this Internet Service Provider don't hesitate to use them. They are seriously THE BEST !! I had been with them for a number of years on ADSL then moved house and had to go with Telstra. What a headache Telstra were to deal with but thankfully in 2014 NBN became available in my area I was able to sack Telstra and return to Australia Online and could not be happier.

Peter
Peter · Australia On Line

I live in Wanneroo WA and have been informed that Optus has no lines available for my area. I need a phone line installed and a phone/internet bundle. which bundles from you are provided by Telstra ?

Australia On Line   DM

Hi Peter, Optus don't service that exchange area at all.

We can connect you to broadband over the Telstra network though you'll need to connect a phone service with Telstra first.

We can then activate your broadband and we can also transfer their Telstra phone service over to us if you so desire.

Confused
Confused · Australia On Line

Where am I?? Landline has just been activated via nbn, I keep receiving contradictory answers re my adsl2 being changed to nbn. Do I need anything new? my isp is pretty lax in assisting (time for a new ispi'd say). am totally confused, nbn/Telstra/t g can not/donot give me simple yes/no answers.

Australia On Line   DM

Hi, If your home phone service has been transferred to the NBN then your old land line phone service, including your ADSL2, will be disconnected.

If you want to use WiFi with the NBN you'll need an NBN compatible Wifi router.

Regards

Australia On Line   DM

You will need to get an ISP to activate NBN Broadband. Our own broadband and phone bundles start at $34.85 per month.

Get an answer from our members and Australia On Line representatives

Select a listing for your question

Extra Information