2Bargain Car Rentals

Bargain Car Rentals Questions & Answers

Verifiedbargaincarrentals.com.au
Tricky Ricky
Tricky Ricky

Just a bit unclear on your insurance options. If we elect not to take the premium insurance cover are we still covered if we have an accident.

Glenn
Glenn

How long does it usually take to get your deposit returned to your account?

Karen Gosnells WA
Karen Gosnells WA

The deposit amount on CC is /was pending not charged & when our car was returned & ok -this pending charge was removed with 24/48 hrs

Bargain Car Rentals   DM

The pre-authorisation will automatically be released by Bargain Car Rentals 72 hours after the vehicle has been returned.

A pre-authorisation is a temporary transaction where a set amount of funds from a credit card or debit card is put on hold. The pre-authorisation is frozen in your account in the event we need to process payment for damage, or any outstanding charges post vehicle return such as traffic infringement fees, etc.

Once the holding period lapses, the freeze will release and the $500 will be available for you to access. If you cannot see $500 pending on your statement, this means the funds are back to the available balance.

You will not see a credit or refund in your account when you have access to these funds as the money did not leave your account.

Should the funds not be available to you after this period, please contact your bank for more information.

Andrea

Hi! Bargain Car Rentals accept the International Driving permit (we are Mexicans, hence original drivers license is in spanish) we understand the IDP is an official translation, in TAS?

Bargain Car Rentals   DM

Hi Andrea, Thank you for your question, International drivers permits are required in a number of Australian States and Territories. There are some exceptions. Customers should check what’s required for each state or territory before arriving to collect their vehicle.

An English Licence is still required for States not requiring an International licence.

If your licence is not in English then you do require an international drivers licence.

For more information you can head to our website external link

Kind regards,

Andrea

The international drivers permit is expedited by the origin country, hence it is contains information in spanish, since we are Mexicans, and it also contains a list of pages in more languages (including English) which is an official translation from the FIA. Is this accepted right?

Bargain Car Rentals   DM

Yes, as long as there is a translation for the licence in English than we will accept this.

giseli r.
giseli r.

I did one reservation in my name, and today I checked my emails about this and have 3 confirmation in my name, it is not correct!
I would like to cancel the numbers below:

#07442892
#07447184

Let me know

Thanks Giseli Martins

Ali
Ali

Hi. I had no problems booking it was when we took the car back. Apex rentals are much better to deal with in NZ and usually have good deals. I don’t recommend bargain rental cars

ally52
ally52

Has anyone received an invoice for work done on the hire car? The company returned $230 of the $750 they took for a chip in the windscreen but I havent been given the invoice to get any money back from my travel insurance which included any excess for damages to my rental car. Thanks Ally

Alex R.
Alex R.

We never even got a car so cant help

Lien S.
Lien S.

OMG! This exact thing is happening to me just now (Hobart Airport branch) - nearly exact same $$ figures as well.... I had to DEMAND evidence of anything - as I am certain no damage existed in the first place. They didn't even tell me before or after deducting money directly from my account (which I think is called stealing!) I finally received invoices after noticing the deduction and demanding them (which I haven't yet been able to open because I think they are corrupt files), but that doesn't necessarily constitute evidence or a damage report either.

Lu C.
Lu C.

Did they charge you $5000 excess fee?

Bronwen
Bronwen

how do i change my booking to a larger vehicle?

Anastasia

We have taken out insurance with another company which covers us for excess and has a value of $100,000. Do we still have to pay $500 deposit?

Elaine L

yes... I also have similar insurance. Unless you purchased insurance from them, there's no way for you to avoid the deposit, unfortunately.

Anastasia

Thanks Elaine. It just worries me that they will charge prior to them notifying you that they will be making a deduction.

Hanhan.C
Hanhan.C

I also have the same situation. My insurance company asked for a receipt from the service provider who repaired the damages. But they would not send us any details until they get sent the final repair invoice. Do you receive the final repair invoice?

Dree
Dree

What is your policy / rates for reducing the insurance excess and to what amount. ---how do I include a reduced excess to my present booking that has no protection yet? ( CFFOFFO8 thanks Adrienne Manthel. [email removed]

Elaine L

I purchased the basic insurance plan with Budget as my travel insurance covers rental car. However, Budget took a deposit and refused to give it back to me anyways.

Brian Tran
Brian Tran

Do you ever listen to your customers sometimes? Crap service

Anne S
Anne S

How do i get keys out of car boot?

Bargain Car Rentals   DM

Hi Anne, thank you for your question. If this is regarding a current hire, I would suggest calling us on 1300 729 230 so we can assist you. Otherwise, we would suggest calling roadside assistance. Thanks, Josh.

Sophie
Sophie

How long does it usually take to get security bind back from Bargain?

Bargain Car Rentals   DM

Hi Sophie, thank you for your question. This depends on your bank more than anything. Most of them release the hold between 7-14 business days but some can be up to 31. Have a great day! Josh.

Get an answer from our members and Bargain Car Rentals representatives