Budget Direct Pet Insurance

Budget Direct Pet Insurance Questions & Answers

Verifiedbudgetdirect.com.au
Charbel S.
Charbel S.

Hi. I was interested in getting pet insurance. I have read the pds but i would just wondering if you could help me out?

1) my dog has eaten a chicken bone but didn't suffer any major problems. ie: surgery. She just got an upset stomach. If she ate something sinister and needed emergency surgery for foreign body; will it still be covered even though she ate a bone in this year? again,didn't need surgery,vet checked her stomach and no blockage.

2) she has gotten blood tests this year. Would this count as a pre-condition if she needed another one? Will it be covered?

3) I thought she was walking funny but the vet checked her knees and they were fine. Is this. Considered pre existing condition?

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Charbel, Thank you for your interest in our pet insurance!

Foreign body ingestions are considered an accidental injury with us, so if your pet had another foreign body ingestion it would not be considered pre-existing. We do however have a limit of 2 claims per policy period for repeated preventable activity.

It is difficult to determine if future blood tests would be covered as this would be dependent on what the tests are for and if it were related to the previous tests. This is something we would review and assess at claim time when we have access to the pet's medical history.

I'm glad to hear your pet's knees are fine! This would be similar to the blood tests, we would need to review the pet's medical history to see what the vet has said about the knees and the signs and symptoms that she had been exhibiting.

If you need any further clarity, or if you would like to discuss this with us please give our friendly team a call and they will be happy to help.

Roxy

Julie W.
Julie W.

Hi could you send me your price on basic insurance for 2 kittens
[Email Removed] thanks

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Julie, we would love to help you with a quote for your two kittens! Please give our friendly Pet Insurance team a call and they will be happy to help.

Joan McD

Can you please explain if I am insured by Budget Direct Pet insurance and have my pet continually covered would he be covered for life? He doesn’t have any problems at the moment however like most pets when he gets much older might. If we continue coverage with you will you always cover him or will his insurance no longer be covered once he reaches a certain age

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Joan, Thanks very much for your enquiry. We hope your pet is doing well! Once you take out a policy for your pet, we'll continue to cover your pet past 9 years of age, as long as the policy is renewed each year with no gap or break in cover. Please reach out if you have any further questions.

Dr Ben

Joan McD

Thanks so much for the very quick reply. Very professional and much appreciated. That’s brilliant news. Thank you

Adlaidian
Adlaidian

What is the $4000 broken limbs sub limit?

Budget Direct   DM

Hi Adlaidian, Sub-limited amounts indicate the maximum amount claimable in respect of the specific sub-limit. The $4000 sub-limit applies to any orthopaedic conditions, which includes any conditions related to your pet's bones, muscle, cartilage, tendons, ligaments and joints. This means that each policy period we pay up to a maximum of $4000 for eligible veterinary expenses that fall within this category.

If you have any further questions or would like clarification about the sub-limits, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Dr Ben