45 questions from our users

Can we get a quote for our reception area? My email address is [email removed]

Hi, It's been 70 days since I paid an invoice 00743597365 to supply only for 18 boxes of laminated floor. At this moment in time I don't need it anymore and would love to get a refund for it.

Looking for reviews on black but aqua tuf wood flooring. Anyone?

Dear Carpet Call, I have bought rug (Classic- Traditional, CLA-0023-05-201) from Indooroopilly store at Brisbane. Its shedding too much, can i please return that (still within 48 hrs). I need my refund back, not a replacement. My wife and kid got sick within a day of the shedding from the rug. Please let me know if you can help on this. Thanks Dr. Nemat
stay away from this storeI have Created page on facebook carpet call complaints as i was also the victim of their shonky tactics please do write on it if you can it will help other customers thanks

Hi I signed a contract last evening but felt under pressure to get the price that was quoted. I paid a 41% deposit but it was not explained to me that the balance was required before the carpet was actually laid. What is the cooling off period? Can I cancel the contract?
Hi Denis, what is your invoice number and we will follow this up for you.

I was just wondering if any one has installed the engineered timber flooring from carpet call? Does it wear well? How have you found it?
Hello, Sorry, I'm unable to help with this. I bought an outdoor carpet. SonjaWe have had flooring installed and have found it creaks, is cracking in places and have found it next to impossible to get someone to come and see it. They only responded when we posted something on their fb page.

Just had 3 month inspection of rental property. Brand new carpet already coming up. Joins look terrible. Tenants worried about where tile meets carpet. Already pilling. The last room carpet call took a week to finish has come away from floor. Couldn’t see nails. One section of a room has a large mound in it???? We have photos. Hoping someone can contact us as we had the worst experience with manager of tuggerah store. Worried about contacting them. Invoice number 19397
Hi Jorja, I will organise someone to call you and book in a service call.Received a call straight away from CC rep then from carpet installer. Sent thru property manager details to installerNew month. New problem. Carpet coming up on edges again. Threads at carpet/tile joins everywhere. Carpet Call installer informs us it’s because we chose “CHEAP” carpet. Maybe CC should advertise carpet as “cheap” instead of marketing it as “suitable for rental properties” so people know next time. Last time I checked poor installation has nothing to do with the cost of a product.

Hi Had great service from carpetcall for measure and quote. Placed order today, will be layed in April, happy with that, but disturbed they want the balance paid two days out. What protection do I have in relation to lay errors, etc? Has anyone had issues? I have reviewed terms and conditions from two other carpet companies, and the balance is not payable til day of install after inspection. Anyone had issues with carpetcall?
Hi Amber. We were promised so much from CC and sadly paid total up front. Then the dramas began!!! Carpet unavailable. Tradies left job unfinished without telling us. No communication. Joins poorly done. Damage to walls. The service was so bad we ended up giving up when not one single person would call us back. Sadly a lot of these reviews are similar. I would think twice if I were you. I would NEVER use Carpet Call again. We are going to inspect our joins next week (rental property) and I’m dreading something being wrong with them as I don’t have the energy to try and call this companyHi I had damaged floor due to their tradesman put a hold through a water pipe, been waiting two years for a reply, would never use them again. DavidHi Amber I had lots of issues. I paid it all upfront and they never even did the job! I had to take them to fair trading and use my bank to get my money back. this was over MONTHS of being out of pocket. Legally you should only pay 10% up front and the rest after the job is done. I questioned this prior to signing and they agreed to payment after the job was done and took my money out of my account without permission. Not once but TWICE.

Hi all, I’d like if someone could clear up a query I have. We signed up with carpet call to get our carpets done for a new build. They told us they were affiliated with our builder but it turns out they are not and they lied to us. We are left now to fork the cost of the carpet rather than being allowed to put it through our mortgage. As they have lied and gave us misleading information, are we allowed to go and demand our money back and go with the actual company that is affiliated with our builder? We have paid almost half of the cost price for a deposit. Thank you
Hi Ccb, what is your invoice number and store you dealt and we will look into the details. You can certainly get your deposit back and cancel under most circumstances.

Hi, I am absolutely shocked to read some of the answers to questions specifically about cancelling an order and receiving a refund. My wife and I basically got conned into putting down a hefty deposit of $2,824 in October. we were guaranteed by the sales assistant at Hoppers Crossing that Metricon would credit us if we decided to go straight to the supplier. Load of nonsense, Metricon laughed at us. Long story short we were stuck with a massive deposit for stick which wasn’t even going to be ordered in until this coming November. We have now changed builder and called to cancel the order almost 10 months prior to the order date, only to be told that we will not get a cent of our deposit back. Seeing your answers to others in the same situation advising that if nothing has been cut or orders then the whole order is refundable, I’m furious that your guys are treating us so poorly. VCAT here we come!!!
Hi Pat what is your invoice number so we can follow this up.stay away from them thals all i can you got carpet world harvey norman anf now there is much cheaper store halls carpetGo straight to Fair Trading. These people need to be put out of business.

Hi , I am planning to put laminate floor boards in our first floor. I am wondering if anyone who had laminate instead of carpets can share their exercise. Carpet call had quote me extra for dunlop timber cushion . Is it worth paying this extra cost for the underlay. I appreciate if someone can share their thoughts/experience.
Hi Ruth, we just installed Coretec XL (https://www.carpetcall.com.au/shop-our-range/hard-flooring/vinyl/coretec-xl/us0335) on our first floor which has MDF board as the base. This product has a cork style back and an insulation core. It was installed without any underlay. It’s only been about 5 days but in terms of noise downstairs when people are walking it’s been great, pretty comparable to carpet actually. In terms of noise upstairs there is more noise and echo of course without carpet to absorb the sound. Hope that helps.My advice, stay right away from carpet call... if you experience any problems, it will be the biggest nightmare of your life. Don't expect the staff or store manager to help you. Best of luck!Hi Martin, Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I wish I have heard few days back earlier from you as I just signed up for the laminate floors with dunlop underlay and I may not be allowed to change my choice by my builder. I will give a go anyway. @ johnson, our builder is subscribed to carpet call so I have no choice , but go with carpet call. I particularly found it frustrating and ripped off where I have to pay same thing more to carpet call when going through the builder than directly going to retail shop. For example the dunlop timber cushion underlay is $11 per sm in carpet call website but I had to pay $15 per sqm to carpet call through my builder as I have to pay builder commission as well. To be quite honest I am a bit nervous about the product and service. will share in the forum how I go.

Hi I’m just wondering I laybyed a rug today in my local store, once I’ve paid and pickup if it doesn’t suit can I return it? It says no cancellation and no returns on the form but what if it doesn’t fit or suit the space??
Hi Raquel, you can certainly cancel a lay-by before you receive the product however after you have received the product there is usually no returns or cancellations. There are exceptions to this on a case by case basis though you will need to contact the store you lay-by'ed from.

While waiting for my review to be approved, what can you do when u guarantee carpet fitted same week then tell you can’t be finished because no more carpet in our state???? We had to pay 100% upfront now have unfinished house. No one calling us back. Almost a week since the day it was meant to be fitted. It’s at the point now where finishing the job completely is not good enough. We have never had such all around disappointing service.
Check out the Consumer Affairs website in your state to see what recourse you can take. If payment was made using credit card, contact your bank to see whether they can Charge it back to Carpet Call as not receiving your product.Dear Jorja, what is your invoice number? If we cannot supply we can usually process a refund.Well that’s awesome. Leave the one room not done. I’ll let the tenant know that in the house they pay rent for one room will just be cement. Read our review. If you contact Glen the state manager I’m sure he can fill you in. People should not have to pay 100% upfront and then have to chase YOU GUYS to finish the job. This type of service is just not acceptable. You take people’s money without even so much as a “sorry” and people are just meant to accept it. Not. Good. Enough.

Can you please confirm what the terms and conditions are for canceling an order and requesting a refund? The deposit was placed 24 September for hard wood flooring for installation in November. Measure was completed 31 September. We have been in discussion with the store but we would like to understand our options as we proceed. I have been advised that I will be charged 20% of the total supply and install price if I cancel now.
Dear Karbee, it depends on a number of things however if you provide your invoice number and store you dealt with I can look up your job and give you an answer.

I was told that cortex was 100 percent water proof but reading the contract it stated that no water was to be applied to the surface of this product . How do you clean it if no water is to be used?
Cortec is the latest generation in flooring and it is a fantastic product. While we are confident in the product itself being 100% waterproof we recommend that customers don’t over apply water to any floating floor as any water penetration thru the boards and onto the sub-floor is not desirable. We use these terms on our invoices so customers are cautious. Water can be used to clean the floor with a well rung out mop with water not directly poured on the floor. When cleaning any floor the area you have just cleaned should be dry within a couple of minutes and no pooling left.

I was pleased to read, albeit, a little surprised by your response to Q & A, Sam C. on July 25, 2017 regarding payment by credit card. Could you tell me if your advice regarding intervention by a customer’s bank is written into your contracts or is it something new to the market place and possible only done by Carpet Call?
Hi Get Real, this is called a charge back and is handled by the credit card provider. Examples of specific criteria for a bank to process a charge back is if "Goods and Services were not received" among many other dispute reasons such as "Goods which are defective" or "Goods which are not as described". In the example here for the Commonwealth bank, they detail under what conditions a charge back can be processed. This is similar to most financial institutions and is nothing new. https://www.commbank.com.au/personal/accounts/managing-your-accounts/dispute-a-transaction.html. Do you have an issue with a Carpet Call installation that we can help you with?This actually happened to me and it has been a nightmare. I had my bank get my money back as they never had permission to take the full amount. !!! I dont know how they are still operating when they do this to people.

Today my husband and I looked at laminate flooring at Carpet Call. We were very happy with the help we got in store; however, the instore pricing of the Parador 1050 range was $35 per sqm but it's only $28 online. Also we were quoted $10-$35 per sqm for underlay! This is the price listed on the products. Online the underlay is $11-$16 (for the decent Dunlop etc.) Why is there such a difference in the cost particularly the underlay? I think expecting up to $35 sqm for underlay is ridiculous. There are some underlay available at building supply retailers which have good warranties and similar properties that work out to be about $5 sqm. We are more than happy with the laminate floors but don't think we can justify the asking price for underlay.
Dear Jessica, without knowing the specific details of the price you received, it is hard to give you a informed response. The online price is pick-up only and supply only with no floor prep, scotia or trims included. Are you intending to install it yourself? What store did you deal with?

I would like to know why you expect us to pay for something in full before we get it? Just not right. I had work sipply and install by an electrician yesterday who we eill be grtting the invoice for in the post shortly. Not even a deposit. I completrly understand a deposit but will not accept paying the full amount prior. It is unreasonable. Im sure you dont pay your layers before they have completed the job. Very dissapointing that i wouldnt have even been told this until much later. It was only that i asked the question when about to pay a deposit.
Thank-you for your question. Tradespeople handling large sums of money can put them in a vulnerable position for their safety. There are also security issues with handling credit card numbers. The bulk of our payments are by Credit Card. We try and remove these risks by asking the customer to complete the payment over the phone with their credit card. This does two things. It protects the customer as if they are not happy with the installation and feel they cannot resolve with Carpet Call, they contact their bank and lodge a dispute. The bank will refund the money to the customer’s credit card. The customer is protected. We do technically start the job days before it is laid by cutting carpet for the job. We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and we follow up every installation with a phone call to both get feedback and ensure the customer is happy. Do you have a problem with an install that we can help with? If you are unhappy with a job we have done, we would love to hear more so we can resolve your concerns. Please provide the job number and store you dealt with so we can help. Regards The Carpet Call Team.I havent got to that stage. Pulled out just as about to give deposit when found out psyment expected prior. We were looking at vinyl planks - not cut into the day. Happy to pay credit card after the service is done. No need for tradies to handle cash. Have had bad experience saying things will be fixed after payment and nothing done from your supposidly reputable competitor. I have also read warnings about paying full amount before service is complete. 50% should be more than enough to cover any product costs when most work is in preparing the tiled surface below for laying.

Can somebody please call me re getting my carpet laid. I am totally frustrated with lack of service and waiting around. 0417 221119.
Dear Catriona, We have followed this up and believe it is being laid today.

Get an answer from our members and Carpet Call representatives