Clarendon Homes Questions & Answers

4.5 from 1,675 reviews

131 questions from our users

Carolyn

Carolynasked

Hi, our Home was built in 2008, I have noticed under the alfresco area the nails which hold the plaster board ceiling are all visible in the end section of the alfresco. Is this covered in the structural warranty? I’m concerned about the stability of the ceiling and safety for my family.
Thanks Carolyn

Ray C.

Ray C.asked

NSW, Baulkham Hills

I build a Claridan home five years ago we have just had bad leaks through the windows due to poor installation is there any warranty that would cover the installation not been done correctly

Clarendon H.Clarendon Homes

Hello Ray, thank you for contacting Clarendon Homes. Would you please email productreview@clarendon.com.au so we can better help you. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kumar Basked

We build our Clarendon home in 2010 and there is three way crack across 9 tiles on the floor in the bathroom. Where do I stand with is matter?

Clarendon H.Clarendon Homes

Thank you for your question. With your home being 10 years old it is outside of the statutory warranty period. However, please email us at productreview@clarendon.com.au and we can discuss this further with you.

The 10 years finishes in June 2020 so are we covered. Thanks

En D.

En D.asked

Who is responsible for organising the occupation certificate after the build. My expectation is Clarendon homes. Please confirm.

Kind regards
Nicole

Customer Care T.Clarendon Homes

Hi En D, Clarendon arrange an Interim Occupation Certificate so that you may move into your home after Handover. A Final Occupation Certificate must be arranged by the homeowner from the Certifier or Council who approved your home once landscaping works, including driveways are completed by the homeowner after handover.

Daphne M.

Daphne M.asked

Can a Qld client choose a NSW home plan?

Customer Care T.Clarendon Homes

Hi Daphne, the floor plan will need to be from the QLD range as land set back requirements are different between QLD and NSW. However, there are plenty of house designs shared between both states, but external dimensions and overall house size may vary as result of the land differences. Sometimes these shared designs carry different names. If you call 13 63 93 someone will be able to take you through the similar floor plans.

Rohithasked

Hi

I had a query if I can get an answer please.

I have a current contract signed with Clarendon (for Evolution inclusions) which is expiring mid Mar-2020. The tender was already extended by 6 months. There has been numerous delays in the sub-division of the land and the land is now expected to register by end of Mar-2020.

I saw there is a Christmas promotion going on at the moment for Sapphire inclusions.

If I wanted to change over to Sapphire inclusions, is there an option to switch the existing contract to a new contract for Sapphire inclusions under the promotional pricing.

Customer Care T.Clarendon Homes

Hi Rohith. Please contact your customer service consultant to discuss your options. Regards, Clarendon Homes.

Rohith

Thanks for your reply. I was advised it is applicable only for new clients unfortunately.

Guestasked

I think they all same after no one cares my 4 year old house almost broken in to the pieces from the same builder. Outside wall Broken inside walls cracks

Sikandar n.
Sikandar n.

Really? My handover is on Tuesday tomorrow, I heard some bad things about them too but my partner was the one who went for them.

Guest

Good Luck hopefully you will have no issues otherwise it is like hell to deal with them that too if you are in Qld

Sue Z.

Sue Z.asked

Dear Friends,

I am wondering if any customer building a house with Clarendon have to pay the LowE windows due to Basix certification requirements. We have been asked to pay some extra for LowE windows after getting the Basix certification.

Regards,
Sue

Parmasked

Can Clarendon Compare price with other builder ?

Steven
Steven

We did not do pricing research before we used Clarendon, so I am not sure. Don't think they are one of the cheapest builder in NSW.

Parm

We are in Qld , comparing with Metricon after all upgrades , 20k diff in quotes and even getting bigger aircon and solar with Metricon ,

Customer Care T.Clarendon Homes

Hi Parm, Clarendon are one of the better value builders in the market place. Clarendon also offer a competitor deposit refund of up to $1,000. So you can always have Clarendon and Metricon quote (see if Metricon will offer this refund also).

The only price that matters is the end price, once soil test and site surveys are complete and colours are done. This price is prepared by the office. Be careful relying solely on a sales persons quote.

Amit A

Amit Aasked

Our house was built by clarendon homes in Nov 2015. We are having issues with Garage door as it gets stuck while opening. Wondering if this is still covered under warranty?

Clarendon H.Clarendon Homes

Thank you for reaching out. Our Customer Care team will touch base with you on Monday. Would you take a moment to email me your contact details to productreview@clarendon.com.au

tom

tomasked

Hi,

I sent an email to productreview@clarendon.com.au on 17/06/2019 about the construction issue of my house (Job: 29912423). I haven't received any response (acknowledgement) yet. Does someone from Clarendon monitor this email address?

Kind Regards,

Thomas

Potential Customer

Potential Customerasked

QLD, Loganholme

Can we change our Sales Consultant? We like the design of Clarendon home but having very unpleasant time with the sales consultant. They provide incorrect information most times, and we have to challenge on everything to get the right answer. They also miss everytime half of the items that I ask in email. It's just a repeat of same thing over and over again, and by the time we reach some acceptable level, then their promotion / pricing changes coz the sales person took weeks to settle our queries. We are just not able to come to the end of it. The cycle time is just far toooo long to come to the contract stage, and could be a reason for us to look elsewhere, which would be a shame.

Customer Care T.Clarendon Homes

Hi Potential Customer. We are sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your sales consultant. Yes, you are most welcome to change sales consultants. We have private messaged you asking for your contact details. Thanks in advance.

Vinay
Vinay

Go to Ray Fellows in NEWPORT, he is amazing and knows his job well.

Rod
Rod

Ditch Clarendon while you can

Harry

Harryasked

Hello ,

I am building double story home with Clarendon. My basic contract has temperzone AC (which is not invertor) and they are now offering Temperzone Inverter model OSA224RTFH as upgrade. Can some one help with experience with Temperzone.

Regards,

sarandel

sarandelasked

NSW, Baulkham Hills

Hi,
Can anyone please explain what are the conditions of the clarendon lifetime warranty.

A Armitage

I believe the lifetime warranty isn’t passed on when sold, and only certain things are under the lifetime warranty.

Shay

Shayasked

QLD, Loganholme

Has anyone built the Granton 35 ?
Were you able to see any pictures prior to building ?

A Armitage

We didn’t build the Grafton35, we built the Paddington29. After paying deposits we we given black and white drawings in our tender/contract, could view the home layout and facade on the website, and we could visit the display home (not sure if Grafton has a display home). There’s a building with Clarendon fb page, someone may have photos of their own home on there.

John Townshend

John Townshendasked

Hi
Can you plz advise which company supplies the concrete for the slabs in Clarendon Homes on the Sunshine Coast.

Customer Care T.Clarendon Homes

Hi John, Hanson Concrete Australia supply all of our concrete.

Harriet

Harrietasked

Once the land is ready to be built on. How long from start to finish for a 2 story home to be built?.

Customer Care T.Clarendon Homes

Hi Harriet. Times will vary considerably between NSW and QLD. They will also vary depending on the council area you are building in. The size of your home will also change the build time. The larger the home, the longer the build. Pre-construction preparation can be around 6 months, but can extend if you home is in an established suburb. Construction times start from around 6 months for 2 storey homes, but can extend longer than that if they are larger homes or in established suburbs.

Cheryl R

Cheryl Rasked

Are private building inspectors permitted by Clarendon to inspect each stage of the build?

Gayathre K.
Gayathre K.

Prabhdeep Singh

Prabhdeep Singhasked

Hi,

I have heard that it's Clarendon Home's Policy not to modify the staircase in the double-storey homes. Can you please point me out where this policy is written because I have failed to find this in any Sales Brochures? I thought Clarendon Homes was different that Domaine Homes in this case and they build as per customer needs.

Deep

Customer Care T.Clarendon Homes

Hi Deep. All building variations have to comply with internal guidelines. With regard to staircases, changes effect engineering of the home and frequently the stair case design, which is quite integral to the original floor plan. We therefore don’t allow changes to them.

Mark R

Mark Rasked

how much does the madison 36 cost to build?

Customer Care T.Clarendon Homes

Hi Mark R. Please contact our sales centres on 13 63 93 for information on building prices in the area you want to build. It will also be helpful if you have details on the land you wish to build on.

Get an answer from our members and Clarendon Homes representatives