Clarendon Homes Questions & Answers

123 questions from our users

Kennedy M.

Kennedy M.asked

Clarendon Homes

One disappointing job. I have already contacted Clarendon regarding my broken roof tiles a job done by Boral roofing. I provided evidence of the broken tiles and there is evidence of some tiles which had silicon applied to fix the breaks during contraction time. The person who came to assess the roof then alleged that it could be hail storm which damaged the tiles. Not true or being hypothetical by specifying a date after handover. There is no single house which had hail damage at any time in our new estate. My house took 13 months to complete (that's another story for another day) and they actually refused to compensate me enough sighting 60 rain days on their log. Now they want me to make a false report to my insurance and for me to claim while paying the excess amount of a new roof I paid for while the tiler used substandard tiles and broken ones using silicon to join them. A hail claim which I never witnessed. I have the photos and have kept those tiles (attached with silicon) as evidence. I had to buy 30 new tiles and paid someone to repair them after only 8 months living in my house. They never left a single tile at handover, yet the report sent to me has a picture and ticked that they left some (not true). To me its about principle and expecting a professional response not an effort to avoid responsibility. I expected Clarendon to send their own people to see and access, instead they sent the very people who did the substandard job to assess themselves. Now just wanted to find out whether I should approach Fair Trading or Clarendon will take responsibility.

Amit A

Amit Aasked

Clarendon Homes

Our house was built by clarendon homes in Nov 2015. We are having issues with Garage door as it gets stuck while opening. Wondering if this is still covered under warranty?

Clarendon H.Clarendon Homes

Thank you for reaching out. Our Customer Care team will touch base with you on Monday. Would you take a moment to email me your contact details to productreview@clarendon.com.au

tom

tomasked

Hi,

I sent an email to productreview@clarendon.com.au on 17/06/2019 about the construction issue of my house (Job: 29912423). I haven't received any response (acknowledgement) yet. Does someone from Clarendon monitor this email address?

Kind Regards,

Thomas

Potential Customer

Potential Customerasked

QLD, Loganholme

Can we change our Sales Consultant? We like the design of Clarendon home but having very unpleasant time with the sales consultant. They provide incorrect information most times, and we have to challenge on everything to get the right answer. They also miss everytime half of the items that I ask in email. It's just a repeat of same thing over and over again, and by the time we reach some acceptable level, then their promotion / pricing changes coz the sales person took weeks to settle our queries. We are just not able to come to the end of it. The cycle time is just far toooo long to come to the contract stage, and could be a reason for us to look elsewhere, which would be a shame.

Customer Care T.Clarendon Homes

Hi Potential Customer. We are sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your sales consultant. Yes, you are most welcome to change sales consultants. We have private messaged you asking for your contact details. Thanks in advance.

Vinay
Vinay

Go to Ray Fellows in NEWPORT, he is amazing and knows his job well.

Rod
Rod

Ditch Clarendon while you can

Harry

Harryasked

Hello ,

I am building double story home with Clarendon. My basic contract has temperzone AC (which is not invertor) and they are now offering Temperzone Inverter model OSA224RTFH as upgrade. Can some one help with experience with Temperzone.

Regards,

sarandel

sarandelasked

NSW, Baulkham Hills

Hi,
Can anyone please explain what are the conditions of the clarendon lifetime warranty.

A Armitage

I believe the lifetime warranty isn’t passed on when sold, and only certain things are under the lifetime warranty.

Shay

Shayasked

QLD, Loganholme

Has anyone built the Granton 35 ?
Were you able to see any pictures prior to building ?

A Armitage

We didn’t build the Grafton35, we built the Paddington29. After paying deposits we we given black and white drawings in our tender/contract, could view the home layout and facade on the website, and we could visit the display home (not sure if Grafton has a display home). There’s a building with Clarendon fb page, someone may have photos of their own home on there.

John Townshend

John Townshendasked

Hi
Can you plz advise which company supplies the concrete for the slabs in Clarendon Homes on the Sunshine Coast.

Customer Care T.Clarendon Homes

Hi John, Hanson Concrete Australia supply all of our concrete.

Harriet

Harrietasked

Clarendon Homes

Once the land is ready to be built on. How long from start to finish for a 2 story home to be built?.

Customer Care T.Clarendon Homes

Hi Harriet. Times will vary considerably between NSW and QLD. They will also vary depending on the council area you are building in. The size of your home will also change the build time. The larger the home, the longer the build. Pre-construction preparation can be around 6 months, but can extend if you home is in an established suburb. Construction times start from around 6 months for 2 storey homes, but can extend longer than that if they are larger homes or in established suburbs.

Cheryl R

Cheryl Rasked

Clarendon Homes

Are private building inspectors permitted by Clarendon to inspect each stage of the build?

Gayathre K.
Gayathre K.

Prabhdeep Singh

Prabhdeep Singhasked

Hi,

I have heard that it's Clarendon Home's Policy not to modify the staircase in the double-storey homes. Can you please point me out where this policy is written because I have failed to find this in any Sales Brochures? I thought Clarendon Homes was different that Domaine Homes in this case and they build as per customer needs.

Deep

Customer Care T.Clarendon Homes

Hi Deep. All building variations have to comply with internal guidelines. With regard to staircases, changes effect engineering of the home and frequently the stair case design, which is quite integral to the original floor plan. We therefore don’t allow changes to them.

Mark R

Mark Rasked

Clarendon Homes

how much does the madison 36 cost to build?

Customer Care T.Clarendon Homes

Hi Mark R. Please contact our sales centres on 13 63 93 for information on building prices in the area you want to build. It will also be helpful if you have details on the land you wish to build on.

Baybreeze

Baybreezeasked

Clarendon Homes

My fiance and I are building with Clarendon, Sheridan 37. Which we are extremely excited for but in the very early stages of the whole process. Just wondering What's everyone's build time been?

Chris Bryan
Chris Bryan

Hi there, we built a Fairmont 38 with 2 storeys. Slab was layed early August and we were in the house in Mid May. We did have some issues with the roof as this was a new flat roof design so that probably added a month to the build. If you exclude the extra month, the build was 9 months. There was little rain so there were no real interruptions.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Chris

Joe98
Joe98

Our slab was poured late April 2018. We were promised "48 weeks after the slab was poured". It is very slow so I expect we get the keys in late April 2019.

MeganM

MeganMasked

Clarendon Homes

Hi Clarendon, we are waiting to hear back from Terry from the NSW design team about our issue regarding the window in our dining room. Our job can't be completed without this issue being addressed. Can someone please contact us. (Our ref number 29912472) Thanks Megan

Amoreasked

Clarendon Homes

I had posted a 5 star comment and it was not accepted. Why?
Regards

Louise
Louise

Hi,
You need to attached either an email from Clarendon or a photo to prove that you did deal with Clarendon.
This information will not be posted due to privacy.

Amore

I did upload a receipt copy showing I am a genuine customer having my house built by Clarendon. I also had posted and earlier review showing my credentials with added comments on my house progress.
So if I did do as you ask my new on-going comment should be shown.
Cheers

Kathryn H

Kathryn Hasked

Clarendon Homes

We are considering the Madison 39 with the "home within a home" option. Will there be and additional cost involved for this?

Customer Care T.Clarendon Homes

Hi Kathryn H. The 'Home within a Home' option includes an additional bathroom and kitchen area, which comes at an additional cost. You can speak to a Clarendon sales person who will have the options pre-priced on the list of homes it is available on. You can contact Clarendon sales on the 13 63 93 inquiry line to find out more.

Sylvia

Sylviaasked

Clarendon Homes

Hi Clarendon,my house was built sep last year. Now the lock is not working , dishwasher broken and the TV point not working either. Would you please advise how long the warranty will be for those items ?
(Job Number 29911364)

Lyndal L.Clarendon Homes

Thanks for your enquiry and providing job details. Customercare will contact you promptly to assist with your enquiries.

Dharmaasked

Clarendon Homes

I am finding difficult to choose the right builder for a double storey home. Can anyone please help me? Clarendon, Metricon and Mcdonald Jones in my shortlist, not sure which is the right one.

John M
John M

Do your research, I've heard a few nasty stories from my clients regarding Metricon (gotten too big, too quickly, using cheap labour therefore quality of workmanship below par, I don't know about McDonald Jones.
My experience with Clarendon has been great.

Dharma

Thanks John. Appreciate it mate.

Tee W
Tee W

Also be weary about McDonald Jones' pricing and sloping costs. We have a few friends who have been with McDonald Jones and they have slapped on costs for having to put in drop edge beams etc into blocks of land which are flat enough to not need them. All builders have their good and bad. Just remember at the end of the day, this is business for them (so they want to make the most money possible), and it is a 30yr commitment for you (so you want the best deal). Any discounts or offers they initially offer will sound absolutely fantastic, however there is more they can do if they really want your business. You just need to ask.

slmnma

slmnmaasked

Clarendon Homes

Wondering what the procedure is if unhappy with our site manager and customer consultants response to an issue?

T Nguyen
T Nguyen

Have you tried to provide a review/comment on here and raised the concern? I am sure they monitor this website closely. Also if no success with management in Sydney, I heard someone else tried to contact the Queensland Head Office with the complains since Sydney is only a branch of Clarendon. All the best !!!

Clarendon Homes OfficialClarendon Homes

Hi Simnma, Complete the feedback form on this page with as many details as possible about your concern. A relevant Clarendon team member will respond to you within 3 working days to help resolve the issue. As a further commitment, we’ll also follow up to see if your concern has been resolved to your satisfaction.

Kind regards,

joli29
joli29

Hi slmnma
I have the same problem. I submitted Customer Feedback Form last week, but have not received a response from Clarendon Management till now. Not sure if their complaint handling process works.

David

Davidasked

Hi all,

I'm currently building with Clarendon and visited the site with the Site Manager. Wife and I noticed that the cornice at the exterior of the house is not continuous. There are gaps at corners and at the window frames. Site Manager says it's not a defect and it how the contractor chose to do it. We asked whether this can be fixed or not and he said no as it's cosmetic and not a defect. Appreciate any feedback from the forum before we go back to Clarendon. You can see what I mean in my profile picture as I can't upload images when asking a question.

Thank you.

Cheers,
David

A Armitage

This should be fixed, thats not fair. I would check your contract plans and display homes and them as justification to be resolved before handover. Maybe start an Instagram account tracking the build of your home too. Good luck

Get an answer from our members and Clarendon Homes representatives