Clarendon Homes Questions & Answers

Verifiedclarendon.com.au
Grakat
Grakat · Clarendon Homes

Has Peter Campbell divorced himself from the reality of his building works in the Hunter region? Or, in my opinion, is he fully aware and endorsing this conduct. We are 29915636. I know a number of Bowral builders in the Hunter who would be more than happy to meet him at one of our builds and we can educate him on the state of his business. We ourselves are at end of contract and facing another 3 months of work if the rubbish trades can turn up and not be rubbish.

There are multiple properties that have gone over time on the contracts some by over 50%. We were charged extra to secure trades and then they didnt turn up for 20 weeks. Now area manager appears to be MIA and sending emails to Clarendon is an exercise in futility unless Peter wants to receive them from the NSW Sherrifs office as we get tired of chasing them.

The trades employed by Clarendon are basically unsupervised and as a result the trades are allowed to do rubbish work. We are tired of disappointment after disappointment.

Clarendon Homes   DM

Hello Grakat Thank you for your feedback. We understand the importance of your concerns and are currently reviewing with our Construction Team to address them.
Kind regards

Ron Mc
Ron Mc · NSW, Baulkham Hills

Is there any one person at Clarendon that will take responsibility for my Son and his family of three girls having to live on the streets if they don't receive the keys to their new Clarendon home this week?
Months and months overdue.

MWN

No they will not take any responsibility. Once your build is in trouble for delivery delays they no longer make money so you become the lowest priority. I got ghosted for months.

Fiona
Fiona · NSW, Baulkham Hills

I would like to know why we put up a review over one month ago and have STILL not heard from anyone at Clarendon. It has not even been acknowledged on the site, just one more disappointment.
Regards
Simon and Fiona

Clarendon Homes   DM

Hello Fiona and Simon, We will escalate and have a member of the team contact you by 5pm Friday. Regards, Clarendon Homes.

MWN

You should not assume they care. They treat everyone as a once in a life time client.

Jan
Jan · Clarendon Homes

Who are Localgroup and do they work for you?

Clarendon Homes   DM

Local Group are a certifier and they work on behalf of customers. Customers may choose whom ever they like for certification.

Monika · Clarendon Homes

Can I ask you guys why do you have your dates to your customers that these things will be done on this dates.when customer rings sorry we had to do the last job first .Sits not first time but 10th time.

Masha
Masha · NSW, Baulkham Hills

Hello,
We are looking to build with Clarendon, and received a quote to sign. The numbers in the quote didn't add up to the total amount (the total of the quote is ~90K greater than the sum of individual items in the quote), so we asked the agent to clarify. We got told that these extra 90K are actually the items listed as "Included", e.g. Fixed Site Costs, NBN, Roller blinds, Saline affected environment requirements. We were afraid that there could be a double up (as Sapphire range already includes some mandatory building costs) and asked the agent to break these "Included" numbers down, we got told that these numbers are invisible to clients. However, I can see some people get quotes with the specific allowance for saline affected environments. I'm wondering if we can get this clarified as 90K isn't just an amount that we can blindly commit to?
Thank you.
Masha

Clarendon Homes   DM

Hello Masha, we’d like to support you with clarifying your build costs questions. Would you please email your contact details to productreview@clarendon.com.au Thank you, Clarendon Homes.

Monika

If you are building in south Brisbane please very careful they take nearly 2 years to build and every time with new excuses.

MWN

A good builder would give you the break down as this is your money and you are the customer. We have built with various builders for years and you nearly always find costs are incorrect in one way or another but it isn't right to be charged something that is not clear.

David C.
David C. · Clarendon Homes

Dear Sir.
We have a section which is going to be build for new house in gold coast. Pls would some body of your company contacts me for brief meeting to give us advice for it? and quotation?
Look forward to your prompt response.
Best regards. David
[Contact Details Removed]

Clarendon Homes   DM

Hi David. Please contact our office on 3387 1300 for help and advice as your contact details have been removed by the website. Regards Clarendon Homes.

Neethu S.
Neethu S. · NSW, Baulkham Hills

Today it was my 90 th day for defect reporting. I logged into domainehomes and I was entering the issues. The time was only 11:30pm and I had gone for my dinner and came back to click on submit after one final review. But the link disappeared with an error note. The link never appeared again. All my effort if adding the issues to it these days have just disappeared. Can someone pls help me here. I have no clue how to report the issue now. It's the last day today (90th day) and the submitting was active. Could it be a technical error? I have quite a few issues to be looked into. The site is very disappointing.

Clarendon Homes   DM

we're so sorry to hear there were technical issues, which must be frustrating for you. The team at Domaine are on standby to help you with lodging your 90 day report. Please advise your job number and expect a call real soon.

Loz
Loz

My strongly urge you take matter on to Ncat. We have have been on uphill battle with Clarendon homes for 4 years for internal and external work. Worst service.. Eventually they will claim to have lost all portal requests.

Yu Mao
Yu Mao · Clarendon Homes

Hi, I'm looking at Mosman 48, the price includes Alfresco?

Nicholas Elston
Nicholas Elston

Hi, each house is different so you will need to discuss this with your sales rep. My house price included the Alfresco shown on the plan.

Looking to build
Looking to build · Clarendon Homes

Is Clarendon Homes still looking for customers? I've sent 2 emails through the website and left 2 messages on the 13 sales number with no reply call or email. (Though I note they've managed to add us to the spam list twice.) If they are closed down due COVID or not taking new orders, wouldn't they at least say so?

Clarendon Homes   DM

Hi 'Looking to build'. Would you mind emailing us your contact details so we can direct you to the correct office in NSW or QLD. You an email those details to productreview@clarendon.com.au

Charlotte.S
Charlotte.S · Clarendon Homes

Hi, please advise if Clarendon will help with the paper work for getting council approval. Thanks.

Clarendon Homes   DM

Hi Charlotte, Clarendon looks after the approval process for the build of your new home. This can often be achieved by the use of Private Certifier, which will save time and money.

New House
New House  · NSW, Baulkham Hills

Hi we are in the preliminary stages of looking at engaging Clarendon as our builder. What is making us nervous is that everyone seems to be building now. Are there delays happening with current builds and with potential new builds ? How long are the delays, if any, are people experiencing ?

rajeswaran c.
rajeswaran c.

Hi,
As per the Clarendon building contract they commit to finishing the house within 11 months from the construction starting date upon the size of the house. if any delay from Clarendon they will compensate please read the final contract it is mention

Chris
Chris

I have the base slab done in February 2021, still now (November 2021), Clarendon have not reached to the lock up stage.
Definetely it will take more time than expected, even more than 15 months! Where as the builders on our home's left and right have the occupants already there who have their concrete slab 4 months later than ours!!!
So please think before singning up contract.

Just Browsing
Just Browsing · Clarendon Homes

Can you please elaborate on why you have offended Dear Jon by calling him a nutter but also me as a prospective customer by calling me not fair-minded?
What I read from Dear Jon is a list of issues which appear to be legitimate from Dear Jon's side but nothing from Clarendon. I may have missed something obvious to Clarendon but I am certainly fair minded when a counter argument is present.
Please elaborate as I am still considering using Clarendon as my home builder.

Clarendon Homes   DM

Dear Just Browsing, I am not prepared to elaborate publicly, other than to advise, I have a zero tolerance for continual abuse and use of profanities towards my staff. Peter Campbell, Owner.

M Ridge
M Ridge · Clarendon Homes

Our current home was built 18yrs ago, double storey.
It appears our trusses are inadequate for the length of our rumpus room.
We purchased this house 6yrs ago.
All our upstairs ceilings are in need of replacing and the trusses need strengthening.
This appears to be a major design fault..

Your views would be appreciated

Clarendon Homes   DM

Hello, would you please kindly provide your contact details so we can have the construction experts review your claim. Please email your details to productreview@Clarendon.com.au Thank you.

EcoFam
EcoFam · Clarendon Homes

We are looking at the Bowral 48 and are wondering how much 'tweaking' you can do to a Calrendon home? We love the layout but have a disabled family member who uses a wheelchair to take into account, which means that it would need to be completely flat, no sunken rooms with two or three stairs such as on the website virtual tour. Additionally we'd like to widen the hallways to accomodate wheelchair use with turning circle taken into account and widen doorways too for wheelchair space. How flexible are you at changing room usage eg turn the family room and office into one big room that is a bedroom and ensuite bathroom for the wheelchair user? Finally, can we choose other fixtures such as wooden floor boards and different tiles for bathrooms etc (understand we'd need to pay extra for these options).

Clarendon Homes   DM

Hi EcoFam. Please call our BoX Hill display centre on 8851 6710 and our Design Consultant will be able to answer your questions in detail.

Kim Tran · NSW, Baulkham Hills

We received our first tender document and it has an 'Additional costs over standard "Plus" pricing Total' with no other details or itemised costs that make up this total. It does not sound right. We tried to reach the tender presenter to get some clarification but not heard back yet. Please advise what we should do as this is very concerning and very discouraging.

Clarendon Homes   DM

Hello Kim Tran, we can help you and explain these costs to you, please send your contact details to productreview@clarendon.com.au Thank you. Regards Clarendon Homes.

Kim Tran

Thanks, I have sent an email with my contact details.

Kim Tran

We have spoken to our tender presenter and he has explained the itemised costs contributing to that total. So it seems product review has passed on our details to him (we thought someone would confirm it here also, after we provided our details). All good now and we can confidently progress in our journey. Thanks Clarendon for really living up to your standard.

Kelly
Kelly · Clarendon Homes

Hi, handover of our home was Dec2018. The floorboards (and a few stairs) from our second storey are making really loud, obvious creaking noises to the point where I cannot stand it anymore. I really don’t think this should be happening after only 2 years of moving in! Has anyone experienced similar?

Clarendon Homes   DM

Hello Kelly, our CustomerCare team would love to learn more and help you with this concern. Please email your contact details to productreview@clarendon.com.au

John M · Clarendon Homes

What warranties are there with grout in tiled areas. I built in 2013 and the grout is falling apart. Had a tiler come over to look and he mentioned the person that did the grout didnt mix it properly. Now I have missing grout everywhere

Clarendon Homes   DM

Hello, we'd like our Customer Care Team look into this for you. Could you please let us know your details so we can contact you. Regards, Clarendon Homes.

Armadale 37 is the house I had built in 2013. 0488733468

Daphne M. · Clarendon Homes

Do Clarendon Homes install lifts in their homes if requested?

Clarendon Homes   DM

Hello Daphne, at Clarendon, we work hard to provide solutions for all our customers. We’d really like to learn more about your request for a lift so please send your details and we’ll be in touch to discuss further.Regards, Clarendon Homes.

Daphne M.

I am not ready to commit to a plan at this point of time without knowing if your builders would build a home suitable for a retirement person or persons.

Edgewater
Edgewater · Clarendon Homes

Hi, My house was build on 2004 with Clarendon homes, my question is that if the window glasses are Safe for children, I mean safety glasses thank you

Clarendon Homes   DM

Hello, we'd really like to help you with this question, we will need a little more information about your home design so please email us at productreview@clarendon.com.au Thank you, looking forward to hearing form you.

Get an answer from our members and Clarendon Homes representatives

Select a listing for your question

Extra Information