Coles Mobile

Coles Mobile Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by Coles

10 questions from our users

Emsasked

For people who was waiting for SIM active for longer than 48 hours, was your SIM actived eventually? It's been more than 24 hours and I'm really worried. My old SIM doesn't work anymore so I can't call & can't send SMS.

sam
sam

I am waiting for a new sim on the way.
It’s holiday atm, please try to contact them if still not activated tomorrow afternoon.

What device are you using the SIM in? Is it a brand new phone?
• Is the device 4G enabled and unlocked? If you bought the phone via another carrier, it may be locked to them.
• Have you switched the device off and back on since putting the new SIM card in?
• Is the SIM Card inserted correctly? Are there any messages on the screen?
• Do you have reception bars and does the Coles Mobile Logo appear?
• Have you checked if there are any known outages at your address (https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status)?
• If you're only having issues with data, have you checked the APN is set to 'yesinternet' (If you are unsure on how to do this, please let us know what device you are using and we can look up the instructions for you)
• Have you tried the SIM in another device to see if it will work?
• Did you get any reception bars when testing the SIM in the alternative device? • When did the issue first start happening?
• What is the actual error message you receive while trying to use the service?
• Are other Optus services being affected in your area?
• Please confirm the SIM Card you are currently using

Thanks for your reply.
I've already contacted them and they said it's technical error that's why my activation was not successful. They said I have to wait at least 48 hours while they fix the issues. I need my phone at work tomorrow and I feel like it doesn't resolve the issues today.

angie
angieasked

How to disable voicemail for coles mobile?

Reggyasked

Very bad service from coles mobile. Been a week and sim not connected. Full of crap answers from the team and same answers every day. No compensation and solution. Coles mobile is worst sadly I moved 3 mobiles on 365 day plan but coles is not ethical company. Rip-off in grocery, staff, mobile and insurance. Corporate thief’s

Naaz
Naaz

I had the same terrible experience with them.

Reggy

How long did they take as I am still waiting.

Ems

Are you still waiting for your SIM active?

Lillian K.
Lillian K.asked

Is anyone else unable to access their data even after activating?

Mary P.
Mary P.asked

where is the activation site?

Rinpat
Rinpat

I didn't received my sim and they change price when I asked for reimburse money but they denied it .

John B.asked

I am trying to transfer my Coles/Optus prepaid mobile to another provider. After many phone calls to Coles and Optus finally got an Optus man ( I'm sure overseas somewhere) to admit my sim card/phone number was in another name (privacy did not allow him to say who). Email complaints 3 days ago to Coles and Optus have had no reply. How can this be? - was my phone number onsold? Does anyone have an answer?

JOHN
JOHN

They are full of crap and they give a different answer each time, coles use bottom of the barrel oseas support i would imagine. you should be calling your new provider with porting issues anyways.

John B.

Thanks John. Over 4 days now and still no response to my email complaints. Have spoken to my new provider and all done there - just want to keep my phone number if possible. PS All my phone calls to Coles have been transferred to Optus - just cann't win.

Karen D
Karen Dasked

I cant get internet/Facebook or send sms my account is fully paid
Cannot connect to Wi-Fi dont have the password
Please advise as I am about o cancel and go back to a plan
regards Karen

Hat.
Hat.

I had pretty much the same problems. I ended up not going with them..still have the sim card! I have gone to Vodafone..they had me up and running within 30mins

Fired Up
Fired Up

I would have immediately contacted the company as listed on their website re SMS issues.
If the Wi-Fi is at your home then the password is your issue I would think.

jason k
jason kasked

Why is my coles activation sim card taking so long it,s been over 24 hours?

CJAY

If you tried to activate online, it should not take more than a few hours. I would say call the service hotline. it will be Optus call centre, They will have you activated in no time.

Seajohn
Seajohnasked

Can I get credit other than a coles shop?

CJAY

Other than the Coles outlets, you have the option of getting credit online via the Coles mobile website. Hope this helps.

Lesklopsch
Lesklopschasked

My husband bought me $10 of credit off my phone I had a bad fall the other day I found nothing wrong with this before, just the morning I got him to get me $10 because I was out off crid't because I had a $2 IOU & 1 ! Please help me I have

Get an answer from our members and Coles representatives

Other Mobile Phone Service Providers