3Cover-More Travel Insurance

Cover-More Travel Insurance Questions & Answers

Tony K.
Tony K. · Cover-More Travel Insurance

Does your travel insurance policy cover repatriation from overseas in the event of accidental death?
TK

Cover-More Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Tony, Thank you for your enquiry.
We can only provide the general information as per the Product disclosure Statement – not an outcome of a possible claim as this would be assessed by our Claims Department at point of claim with supporting documentation etc.
Please note pages 29-30- SECTION 2: Additional Expenses
1. If You Become Sick
Page 30
2. If you die – which also shows the table with the varying limit amounts re which level of insurance is chosen.
Please also refer to: General exclusions – pages 51-52. Policy conditions – pages 26-28.
pds_cover-more_direct_26-july-2023.pdf (covermore.com.au)

Mary Everingham · Cover-More Travel Insurance

Does Cover More travel insurance provide cancellation cover for close family illness or death (mother not travelling with us) over 85?

nick f.
nick f.

Not sure

Mary Everingham

I need to contact CoverMore but just read a post on FB which shocked me..."most" companies don't! We'll have to hope nothing happens!

Cover-More Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Mary, Thank you for your enquiry.
We can only provide the general information as per the PDS(link below)and not an outcome of a possible claim as this would be accessed at point of claim by our Claims Department.
Please note pages31-32 for the T & C for SECTION 4: Amendment or Cancellation Costs
And also, re page 33- re Cancellation Extension Included in Comprehensive and Comprehensive+ Plans
Also referring to: General exclusions – pages 51-52. Policy conditions – pages 26-28
pds_cover-more_direct_26-july-2023.pdf (covermore.com.au)
If you require further assistance our Customer Service Team’s contact number is 1300 135 800
Monday to Friday: 0800 - 1900
Saturdays from 0900 – 1600
Sundays from 1000 – 1500

Mary Everingham

Link does not work. Forget it! We will cross fingers and toes! Positive vibes!

Cover-More Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Mary, If you copy and paste the link into your browser search bar it should open:
pds_cover-more_direct_26-july-2023.pdf
You can also email us at enquires@covermore.com.au to request the latest Product Disclosure Statement to be emailed.

rumj
rumj

I am looking for travel insurance and then going through these reviews, before purchasing. Judging from the comments here, and the recent news item, I'd say they don't, and will wriggle out of most claims.

carolyn T
carolyn T

I was in a helpless situation this year. I was in a wheelchair. I had a handbag, a walking stick on top, a cpap machine on the side. And a small suitcase which I obviously could not carry so the attendant put it underneath the wheelchair. The contents got pinched amounting to thousands. So where do I stick the bag. It had to go under and back of wheelchair. They weezled out of that one and I didn't get any money for lost possessions. So I guess next best is I could walk and fall and there would be a hefty financial bill. Not impressed, with covermore. I cannot help that I'm older and a bit more frail.
Would not recommend either
Cheers Carolyn

Cover-More Travel Insurance   DM

Hello Carolyn, Thank you for taking the time to submit your review.
It is unfortunate to hear that your claim was unsuccessful although our claim officers do need to process claims in accordance with the appropriate interpretation of the terms and conditions of your policy as set out in your Product Disclosure Statement (or PDS).
If you do require assistance in relation to this process please feel welcome to advise of your claim number and one of our representatives will reach out to you directly to help you with this matter.

Andrew and Louise L.
Andrew and Louise L. · Cover-More Travel Insurance

Does your cover apply for accidents after moderate drinking

Cover-More Travel Insurance   DM

Hello Andrew and Louise, Moderation is key. All Cover-More policies exclude claims involving/arising from/related to a person’s impairment due to drinking too much alcohol. Under our policies, for example, a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.19% or higher is considered too much. (As a guide, 0.19% is almost four times the legal driving BAC limit range in Australia).

Here is the complete wording from our PDS at external link .

We will not pay for claims involving, arising from or related to Your impairment due to You drinking too much alcohol:

a) which is evidenced by the results of a blood test which show that Your blood alcohol concentration level is 0.19% or above. (The level of alcohol in Your blood is called blood alcohol concentration (BAC). As a point of reference, a BAC of 0.19% is almost four times the legal driving BAC limit range in Australia which is currently 0.05%)

OR

b) taking into account the following, where available:

(i) the report of a medical practitioner or forensic expert

(ii) the witness report of a third party

(iii) Your own admission or

(iv) the description of events You described to Us or the treating medical professional (e.g. paramedic, nurse, doctor) as documented in their records.

If you have any further questions, please just ask.

Peter W.
Peter W. · Cover-More Travel Insurance

level of policy that covers flight cancellation due to covid

Cover-More Travel Insurance   DM

Hello Peter, Thank you for reaching out surrounding your policy.

Our International Comprehensive+ (Single Trip or Annual Multi-Trip) Plan offers up to $5,000 per policy (or the amount chosen if this is less) if Amendment or Cancellation Costs cover is included in your policy. This benefit is available if you or your travelling companion are diagnosed with COVID-19 and certified by a qualified medical practitioner as being not fit to travel and the policy is purchased MORE THAN 21 days before your scheduled trip departure date.

Please note: If the amount of Amendment or Cancellation Costs cover you chose when purchasing your policy is less than the maximum limits listed above, the amount chosen will be the maximum cover amount for this benefit.

For full details on our international COVID-19 travel insurance cover, please read the PDS.

If you wish to read further regarding our Covid-19 Travel Insurance Cover you may find the following page helpful: external link

If you wish to access the PDS the link for this can be found via: external link

If you wish to discuss the policy inclusions further please feel welcomed to reach out to our customer service team via 1300 72 88 22 who will be able to discuss the benefits of our polices and offer a quote for your upcoming travel.

Suzie S. · Medical Only Travel Insurance

Hi.
I am wondering if I am allowed to add two of my medical conditions in two weeks time please? As I couldn't afford to pay the extra for them. I have diverticulitis and Osteoarthritis. Is it ok for me to add these two weeks time please as I am only on the pension? Pension it doesn't go very far. How much will it be for me to pay for them?

Cover-More Travel Insurance   DM

Hello Suzie, Thank you for reaching our surrounding your enquiry.

You can add the medical conditions to your policy at any time although please keep in mind if any events occurred prior to the date you added that particular benefit onto the policy it would be considered a known event so you may not have provision to claim against it. ie if you were to suffer a medical event prior to adding your medical conditions onto a policy and then were told you are not able to travel due to that medical event you may not have provision to claim against this.

If you would like a quote as to how much it would cost to add these medical conditions to your policy please reach out to our customer service team via 1300 72 88 22.

Okay cool thanks

Kate R.
Kate R. · Cover-More Travel Insurance

We have purchased a policy for upcoming travel however reading these reviews it’s seems that we have wasted our money. What assurances can you give that if we need to claim we will not be subjected to the delays and frustrations that others have suffered. It appears you do not have adequate customer service or any empathy in dealing with your customers who are only claiming because a trip has been ruined for them. Any response as to why so many people are complaining about your policies and a future assurance that the situation will improve would be appreciated.

Simon Ferdinand
Simon Ferdinand

It's been over 7 weeks since my accident and still nothing from Cover-more. My Wife calls them every few days to be told the same thing. They are too busy. I am well over 10k out of pocket but it's no bother to them.

OzRattler
OzRattler

We used this mob previously and after these reviews, we won't be using them this time. Our group will be heading off to another high rated company from this web site.

Ian D. · International Travel Insurance

We have recently bought a travel insurance policy - International Comprehensive Plus, from Cover More Travel Insurance. After reading through all the reviews, I'm starting to doubt if I have done the right thing. I thought that I am insuring 'Cover More', and not us!! We have travelled overseas quite a few in the past and always taken out a travel insurance policy. So far, we have never had to make a claim. Now I am hoping that we don't have to make a claim this time, as it looks like I may have to wait a year or so before I get any help from Cover More. Already, when I put in the application, I needed to talk to someone (2 Ph calls) and spent a total of almost 2 hours waiting to speak to someone. One would think that the 'sales department' would be much better than the 'claims department'. Now I'm tossing up whether to cancel our policy and go to another more reputable insurance company, if there is such a thing!! I did look at a few other ones, but they all seem to use Cover More.
Thanks, Ian.

Fraz B.
Fraz B.

I would cancel if u still can.
I have already booked another trip and this time got the insurance with the Racq. As I have house and car with them . And never been a problem. Cover more is fine . Unless you need them. Make a claim and you will not hear from them
Very disappointing

chortlepuss

Cancel if you can do without penalty. I have buyers remorse and worrying now about my trip. Southern Cross get good reviews and are only a little more expensive.

Ian D.

Luckily, I do still have time to cancel. I thought I would use NRMA, and got a quote from them - and it was several hundred dollars dearer than Cover More and then found out that NRMA use Cover More for their travel insurance. I think we need to look carefully to find out who the insurance companies are underwritten by. What a headache. Ian.

Cover-More Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Ian, Thank you for taking the time to submit a review.

We are currently experiencing delays in our processing time although the claims department are working tirelessly to try and reduce this wait for our customers. Please know that we are doing everything we can to rapidly employ more customer service representatives and as well as claims officers to help elevate the wait times in both of these departments and thank you for your patience during this period.

When purchasing a policy we provide a copy of your certificate of insurance and PDS for you to review. The PDS provides information to help you understand the travel insurance policy, compare cover and make an informed decision about whether the policy will suit your needs.

We also offer a 21 cooling off period if for any reason you wish to cancel the policy, this ensures a refund of the entire premium unless you have already made a claim under the policy or have departed on your journey.

We do strongly encourage you to read the PDS carefully to ensure the policy provides the cover you need and if you have any further questions about your policy please do not hesitate to ask.

Sharon · International Travel Insurance

Hello, I have just purchased a policy for my husband, got the screen with "thankyou and a confirmation email has been sent to my email address this is your policy number 723100107266 etc" however so far no policy documents or email. Can you please tell me how long should the email take I have checked and not in junk or anywhere else.

Chris R.
Chris R.

I can't recall any issue with receiving the policy document. One thing for sure, it's in line with the awful service I received when it came to claim time. Try phoning them, but make sure you put aside plenty of time before you hang up in disgust without anyone answering..

Cover-More Travel Insurance   DM

Hello Sharon, Thank you for taking the time to submit a question. During busy periods it can take up to 24 hours for the documents to be received.

To ensure that these are received I have also re-sent these documents to you now, as you have kindly provided your policy number.

If there's anything else that we can assist with please do not hesitate to reach out.

Sharon

Thank you for you response. Yes, l have now received the documents. l did call the next day and the customer service representative email them to me promptly.

HD M.
HD M. · Cover-More Travel Insurance

Just Noticed: Cruise Cover "NO"
We are flying to Perth WA then CRUISE back to Sydney the Northern Route.
What are we NOT COVERED FOR???

Gayle
Gayle

My husband tested positive to covid the day we were boarding …. They did not cover accommodation to isolate nor any costs and refused to pay our flights home ( from Seattle ) after 4 months we are still fighting for payment of our lost luggage ‍…. Very ! Unimpressed

Cover-More Travel Insurance   DM

Hello HD M, Thank you for taking the time to submit a question.

We also offer a 21 cooling off period if for any reason you wish to cancel the policy, this ensures a refund of the entire premium unless you have already made a claim under the policy or departed on your journey.

We do strongly encourage you to read the PDS carefully to ensure the provides the cover you need.

In relation to cruise cover, this is an upgradable benefit that would need to be added to the policy if you wish to have provision to claim upon this benefit.

If you have any further questions surrounding this please advise of your policy number and I will arrange for a customer service representative to reach out to you directly to offer further assistance.

Cover-More Travel Insurance   DM

Hello Gayle, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Covermore.

If you have reason to believe your claim should have been approved based on the benefits of your policy you can request for the outcome to be reviewed. The information and instructions to make this request are included in the letter that you have received advising of your claim outcome which was sent via email. If you do require assistance in relation to this process please feel welcomed to advise of your claim number and a customer service representative will reach out to you directly to help you with this matter.

chortlepuss · International Travel Insurance

I am now worried reading these reviews as have taken out CoverMore insurance for a trip to Europe. It sounds like CoverMore is having serious problems processing claims - can anyone from CoverMore assure me that I am properly covered for my extended trip?

Cover-More Travel Insurance   DM

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to submit a question.

Hi
I’m not worried about the product cover offered, I’m just concerned about your ability/capacity to meet your obligations should I have a legitimate claim. It sounds like people are having difficulty claiming for issues/items covered by your policies.

Cover-More Travel Insurance   DM

Hello, We are currently experiencing delays in the processing time of claims although the claims department are working tirelessly to try and reduce this wait for our customers. Please know that we are doing everything we can to rapidly employ more customer service representatives and claims officers to help elevate the wait times and thank you for your patience during this period.

Our claims department have a due process to follow when processing a claim lodgement ensuring that industry regulations are met. Covermore is a member of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (ACFA) which serves as an external dispute resolution scheme. If you feel that we have not met our responsibilities you can choose to have an independent review by AFCA and as a member we agree to accept their decision.

Maria
Maria · Cover-More Travel Insurance

Does the Covermore travel insurance policy state anywhere throughout their PDF disclosure that private hospital emergency treatment fees will not be reimbursed?

Cover-More Travel Insurance   DM

Hello Maria, Covermore offers a number of polices, if you currently hold a policy please feel welcomed to advise of your policy number and a customer service representavie can reach out to you directly to ensure that the correct advise is given for your particular policy. Please note, as this is a public forum it is advisable that you do not list any personal details via this review as a security precaution.

If you do not yet have a policy in place you can view our PDS via external link  - in relation to Section 1: Overseas Medical and Dental Expenses (including emergency repatriation/evacuation) you will note that on page 29 it is listed "We will not pay for: 1. medical treatment, dental treatment or ambulance transportation provided in Australia"

If you have any further questions surrounding this please do not hesitate to ask.

beulah f. · Cover-More Travel Insurance

How do I get a confirmation of coverage card?

Cameron B.
Cameron B.

Hi beulah, when you take out the policy you will receive an email with 3 attachments that i printed and kept with me while traveling. There wasn't a card provided however the printed documents covered everything and were accepted in Bali.

Documents received from Cover-More
1. Certificate of insurance
2. PDS (product disclosure statement
3. COVID Letter as proof the insurance covers you for COVID related travel.

It was a condition of entry into Bali to show that you have insurance to cover you in case you require treatment in their country. The insurance from Cover-More does cover this however in our case they have been horrible to deal with trying to finalise our claim which we know they covered but they are dragging the process out to over 3 months to recoup our out of pocket expenses and we have still not received anything back.

I would shop around and find another insurer that has better customer serivce and positive feedback.

Cover-More Travel Insurance   DM

Hello Belulah, Thank you for reaching out surrounding your enquiry.

Once you activate a policy with us you will receive an email, to the email address that you have provided, and this email will contain a copy of your Certificate of Insurance, your policy's Product Disclosure Statement as well as a COVID Letter outlining the coverage provided in relation to the COVID benefits of your policy.

If you have activated a policy with us and would like this email re-sent to you please advise of your policy number only and I will arrange for this to be sent to you.

please resent email confirmation number723ZL121067 plan number 723Zl-0921

Kim B. · Medical Only Travel Insurance

I sent a medical claim and received an email from Covermore acknowledging its arrival on 31/8/22.I have emailed you 3 times to enquire on the status of my claim and only receive a generic reply.Claim number 1434446.I would really appreciate my claim to be sorted.Thank you.

Rosie

Hi Kim, it's Rosie. Your email to Cover-More arrived in my email inbox in error. I am just another disgruntled Cover-More customer who has posted on "Product Review". I wish you good luck with Cover-More. I have been chasing a refund for travel insurance for 4 people from Cover-More for over a year now after our flights to NZ have been cancelled by the airline. I have spent endless hours emailing and trying to call, but they just give you the runaround. Theoretically, Cover-More have approved the refund a few weeks ago, but I still have not received the money. Delay tactics+++ are their game to try and make us give up. Don't let them off the hook, Kim! Best wishes from Rosie.

Cover-More Travel Insurance   DM

Hello Kim, Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We sincerely apologise for the wait times we are experiencing.

As you have kindly provided your claim number I will arrange for a customer service representative to reach out to you with an update of your claim.

Kim B.

I have not received any customer representative contact…I am suffering financial hardship due to the unpaid claim.

David B.
David B. · Cover-More Travel Insurance

When will you get around to answering my emails etc regarding cancellation and refund of travel insurance premium? My policy number is 722100364672 issued 2 7 2002. It is nearly 3 months since I contacted you several times but no reply and no refund. I will be taking action with the appropriate Governmental authorities for fraud if I do not get a satisfactory reply. Why are you uncontactable? David Bowen

Cover-More Travel Insurance   DM

Hello David, Thank you for taking the time to submit a review.

As the borders have been opening up over the last few months we have been experiencing an increasing high demand of enquiry which unfortunately has affected our hold times. We are actively working towards lowering these wait times and thank you for your patience during this period.

As you have kindly provided your policy number I will arrange for a customer service representative to reach out to you to ensure your refund is processed accordingly.

Marita J.
Marita J. · Cover-More Travel Insurance

Could you let me know if my insurance cover my mobile and cámara please.
Marita

BLL
BLL

Asking me is pointless. 2 suggestions: Either 1. Read your policy document, or 2. Ask the company.

Cover-More Travel Insurance   DM

Hello Marita, Thank you for reaching out surrounding your enquiry.

As we have multiple policies and coverage plans available, could you please kindly advise of your policy number to ensure the correct advise is given. If you would like to supply your policy number I will arrange for a customer service representative to reach out to you directly to assist with your enquiry.

Marita J.
Marita J. · Cover-More Travel Insurance

Could you let me know if my insurance cover my mobile and cámara please.
Marita

Cover-More Travel Insurance   DM

Hello, Thank you for reaching out surrounding your enquiry.

Cash B. · Cover-More Travel Insurance

I have multi trip cover for a year but it only lists US, can I add in other countries on the existing policy?

Cover-More Travel Insurance   DM

Hello, Thank you for reaching out surrounding your enquiry.

Jackie Davis
Jackie Davis · International Travel Insurance

Problem with my travel insurance 722100364709. I have indicated my partner's birth year as 1964, but it is 1963. I have tried reaching you via email and telephone, but no response. I hope to hear from you soon.

Cover-More Travel Insurance   DM

Hello, Thank you for reaching out surrounding your policy.

As the borders have been opening up over the last few months we have been experiencing an increasing high demand of enquiry which unfortunately has affected our processing times. We are actively working towards lower these wait times and thank you for your patience during this period.

I will arrange for a customer service agent to reach out to you today via email to assist you with this amendment.

Jill · Cover-More Travel Insurance

Why is it taking so long to do my claim, it was submitted by my travel agent on the 22nd July, 2022. I thought you we’re supposed to send an email within 10 days to advise how claim was going??

Rosie

I guess it's the new strategy a lot of companies and large organisations have now adopted: Make the wait on the phone excruciatingly long and be slow/forgetful when there is some work to be done or money to be returned - and hope that the customer gives up, goes away, forgets or the timeframes during which you can claim something have expired. Throw in a good dose of incompetence as well and the customer will give up even sooner!

And what about a company's obligation to be "accessible" to the customers (does 45 minutes to 2 hours wait time on the phone still count as being "accessible"????) and responsive to complaints, issues etc. - all in a timely manner? Who, apart from me, is even foolish enough still to try and ring these organisations? That's provided you can even find a phone number hidden away in the last corner of the website anyway...

These should all be issues of interest to the ACCC and the Office of Fair Trading, so let's swamp them with consumer feedback. Unfortunately, once they find that you have a point, they are quick to tell you that they can mediate but "can't make the company do the right thing by you". Next step a letter/visit to your local MP or the Prime Minister?

And before anyone says or even thinks "COVID19", hasn't this been a lovely excuse for reducing any remnants of good old-fashioned "customer service"? This excuse is wearing awfully thin...

Suggestion: How about supporting smaller, local businesses without painful phone menus and multiple identification processes to go through for ages before you'll even get into a queue of unknown wait time and without any type of feedback how you are progressing through the wait ("am I in place 3 or 3000?"). Hopefully, there are none of these annoying Bots on the family businesses' websites either popping up and inviting you to ask your questions that they can NEVER answer anyway.... But they block part of the screen and get in the way.... How refreshing would it be to deal with REAL and even local people, who might even care a little about the customers' experiences?

You know what you have to do, good people! Businesses bringing back even just a scrap of "customer service" will thrive and will have people flock to them.

Cover-More Travel Insurance   DM

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

The claims team are working tirelessly to process claims as quickly as possible although do have a due process that they are required to follow. At times further information may be requested in order to assess the claim which may increase the overall time that a claim is processed in.

As you have reached out surrounding your claim, if you would like to provide your claim number I can arrange for a customer service representative to contact you with updates of your claim.

Jill

My travel agent has received two emails since & has resent the information needed, Covermore say they are working on it but have a lot of claims to process so I will just have to wait

Mikaele R. · International Travel Insurance

Does this cover covid 19 also for this trip

Not happy
Not happy

I believe so. I have taken insurance out for a trip in November with a different company that covers COVID.

Survey54
Survey54

Our policy was for domestic (Australia) travel, Cover-More's Product Disclosure Statement at the date of purchase (July 2021) included cover for COVID-19 for our trip..

Mikaele R.

i am traveling overseas.Does your policy cover covid

Cover-More Travel Insurance   DM

Hello, Thank you for reaching out surrounding your enquiry, we have several policies available dependant on your requirements.

If you are interested to know more and compare the benefits between our polices in relation to our covid benefits as well as read further into what we do and do not cover you can do so by following: external link

If you are wanting further information about other benefits our policies provide you can find all of the information in regards to the inclusions and exclusions in our PDS which can be found external link

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask otherwise if you wish to obtain a quote this can be done via covermore.com.au or alternatively you can also contact our sales team on 1300 72 88 22.

Get an answer from our members and Cover-More Travel Insurance representatives

Select a listing for your question

Visit Official Website