2EcoAlliance Dynaheat

EcoAlliance Dynaheat Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Rick D.
Rick D. · Dynaheat 155L

Hi my 155litre seems to keep running and both pipes are very hot at the pump end but cold at the tank end, I had it switched off for several months and have now switched back on, could the tank be blocked. Is there a way to flush it?

Mark
Mark · Dynaheat 260L

My pump fan motor has failed, and I am trying to buy a new one. Has anyone brought one of late that can give me the model number of the new motor? I live in Port Neill South Aust, and closest main towns are Port Lincon or Whyalla

Redman
Redman

Hi Mark I thought these things come with a decent warranty period?
If you get the dimensions and electrical info of the motor you could probably contact plumbonline or another appliance parts supplier. You may have to remove the fan for shaft size or get one already fitted possibly the dux airoheat fan/motor may suit? But that is just a guess so please check first. Also check the capacitor you may need to replace it the dux fan/motor come with one I think.

Mark V. · Dynaheat 260L

Is it normal to have water coming from the heat pump unit? It is always creating a puddle across our concrete.

EcoAlliance   DM

Hi Mark, thanks for reaching out. If it is just doing that while the fan is in operation then that's fine. If it is doing that constantly there is an issue. Let us know if the latter, please.

Mark V.

Hi. Thanks for your quick response . It's leaking water when the fan is in operation, but the problem is that the water runs across our outdoor entertaining area. Is there a way to guide the water to a drain? I can not see where the water is coming from. It just appears to be generally coming out. I am hoping the water can be guided to enter a tube, so that I can direct it to a drain.

Mark V.

Can anyone let me know where the water comes from on the heat pump unit? I can not find the source of the water.

Denise T.
Denise T. · Dynaheat 260L

we had one installed a month ago and has broken down twice, we did not get a complience notice from the installers or a contact name of the installers my partner asked if there was paper work and was told no it was all good .We did get a user manual but that has been of no help in contacting the people who installed it ,as we run a camping site our guest have had no showers . How do we get in contact with the installers????

Rick sharp

Absolutely u need to harass the website and the service contact no , hourly as only persistence gets results from eco alliance as they don't care. Make a nuisance of yourself and in a month or 2 they will send a company tech out to reinstall the unit. Email [Name Removed] manager , service@ecoalliance.com.au .That is what my experience was and will be again on next problem.NB email the accounts department manager Ivan , copay@ecoalliance.com.au, for the certificates plumbing and electrical -he was quick to reply to my similar requests.

Therese Q.
Therese Q. · Dynaheat

Hello, I had my system put in with the Government Scheme over 12 months
The fan unit has stopped and will not run
Do I have to get and electrician in
Therese

Rick sharp

So you mean the compressor fan ? First is your unit a split unit or a all in one ,also the model name please.

King
King · Dynaheat 215L

I’m just wondering why I only get 5 mins of hot water, even if it hasn’t been used since the day before! I’ve been putting my kids in the shower with me to make sure we all get a wash but still end up with the hot running out completely around the 5 min mark

Rick sharp

Read my other replies to thread , but make sure temperature compressor is at 60 degrees and let run 24/7 . Very little extra cost .40 cents for an hour and a half per night to keep hot.

Mel · Dynaheat 215L

I was approved for a heat pump hot water system May 1st 2023.. and I am still waiting for one to be installed or even to receive a phone call with an installation date.. its now been 5 months and still nothing... Its not like I live in the outback I am in Western Sydney. Another company installed a heat pump at work and it only took them four days from the time we said yes until the system was installed.. This is disgusting service from Eco Alliance..

Jen
Jen

Have you contacted them?
Also if they havent done it try one of the other installer companies. I had one company not get so I tried another and it was completed in 2 weeks. I used Lewater

Mel

I have contacted them countless times... nearly every week...and always get the same response to my email.. "We are truly sorry and will forward your email to the NSW scheduling team and some one will get back to you asap" I have tried calling them and get the same response.. but no one ever calls me from the NSW scheduling team.. Its like I don't exist... I did apply to another company yesterday so hopefully they will call me this week.. If not I will just get another element system. I am well and truly over all of this now.. I have never taken advantage of a government rebate scheme before and after this I doubt I ever will again..

Rick sharp

Cancel and go different supplier if in Sydney try Astragreen or energy initiative.

Ellin
Ellin · Dynaheat

Hi,

Where is the company based? Do you provide services to NSW residents? If so which areas within NSW?

What's the rate you charge for consultations, product and installation?

Rick sharp

No rates no consultations just get another quote.

David R. · Dynaheat 260L

Our system is close to neighbours. In the past heat pump disturbed sleep. Does the pump noise disturb their sleep? Is it possible to have the pump work only in daylight hours?

Serge
Serge

My heat-pump noisy bit known as compressor looks and sounds exactly like the outdoor part of a split air-con. If you are worried about noise, you can run the heat pump during daylight hours. You can remove the front right panel by simply undoing 4 phillips head screws. You will see the control display module. You can select eco 55C mode which will allow you to set operating times in a weekly schedule. Another way is via smart plug. Smart plug will help you see power use. Smart plugs could misbehave which is a trade off for added features you get.

Rick sharp

No leave it on 24/7 for your enjoyment and works more efficiently, although l found turning the compressor down to 55 degrees ambient setting requires unit to only come on an hour once or twice to keep the tank topped up with hot water. Small extra cost 40 cents per night and limited noise. Also make sure compressor unit is level and on rubber feet to insulate noise vibration.

Cheers.

bob DUNCAN
bob DUNCAN · Dynaheat 170L

I have been away for 2months and had turned the power to my heat pump how do I turn the heat pump back on ?

Roger R
Roger R · Dynaheat 260L

how do it work - and how can you possibly get heat out of the surrounding ait?

John D
John D · Dynaheat 260L

Does anyone know where I can find a manual for this unit? Had one installed last week, but the installers could not give me a manual, ringing the installation company was useless too.

Kathleen T.
Kathleen T.

Hi John.did you get a manual..I can't believe they don't give you one at installation.I just want to know how to turn temp up

Fiona K.

Not sure if this one applies to your unit but worth checking.

Rick sharp

Go online to ecogenica search for your manual

Anil koirala · Dynaheat

From three day onward my hot water dint get it hot water, it hard to take shower no body response about it. Nither company nor installer

Nick W
Nick W · Dynaheat 170L

Since installation, my hot water is not only just hot enough to shower; I have to boil a kettle to make the water suitable for washing dishes. In the last week, it has got worse -- it is barely warm. Can no longer shower in it. How do I contact the makers/supplier to get it fixed?

Same as mine as well

Sue
Sue

Our local electrician checked our heat pump and fixed the sensor as it was incorrectly installed. Also the heat regulator needed replacing. It is working properly now.

Amarnath B.
Amarnath B. · Dynaheat 260L

what is standby mentioned in the panel. I am getting only lukewarm water not hot in my house. while checking the panel it shows auto and standby in the lift side of the panel

Rick sharp

Don't leave on stand by make sure it's set to auto or on, continuously - only an extra .40 cents to run 24/7 which is more efficient and better for maintenance problems

Tony T · Dynaheat

I have a twin tank set up. One unit the compressor started running continuously about 4 days ago. I rang and was told to switch that off until you can send a repairman out. However, since turning off that unit I no longer have any hot water at all. The booking is for the 23rd August. I am a pensioner and cannot afford the extra electricity costs (which has doubled)since this has happened. I NEED hot water.

Please arrange for an urgent repair or I will have no option but to get it repaired myself and go to VCAT to claim the repair costs as well as the extra electricity costs etc.

I have rung you guys 4 times and the last two times someone was meant to ring me but as predicted NO ONE has bothered. It seems that you are all eager to sell me a products but don’t want to know me when I have a problem

Doug M.
Doug M.

Hi Tony, I had a similar problem. I’d suggest calling your state member of parliament and dept of fair trading.

EcoAlliance   DM

Hi Tony, thank you for reaching out and apologies for your experience so far. I have escalated this to service management who will contact you ASAP with an earlier date. Thank you

Tony T

Thanks Doug. If it’s not fixed by friday 14/7/23 I will contact the appropriate people.

It’s a shame that businesses are constantly contacting you when they want the sale but don’t want to know you when you have a problem

Fiona K.

Tony how did you go? We’ve been waiting ages to have someone look at ours

Tony T

Hi Fiona, after MANY phone calls threatening to go to the ombudsman and getting my own plumber to repair the unit and taking them VCAT they finally sent someone.

To my surprise, instead of replacing the faulty condenser, they replaced the entire twin tanks and the 2 condensers with a brand new 290l single unit as a new install with warranty starting from date of installation.

However, with all the stress I had to go through on both occasions I cannot recommend them nor would I ever use them again

Leon · Dynaheat 215L

I need to replace a hot water tap in the bathroom leaking all over the shower recess floor.
With the old gas service I just ran hot water out of other taps while I did this , is it the same for this unit ?
My mobile no:- is 0422 044 260 , my name is Leon and our address is 40 Kunat St Deer Park Vict, 3023, and have been waiting since about 3 pm today for a return call, I got a service ticket raised so this with no response so far. So I'm trying this service .The cutover from gas to this system was done 30th May.
Also, I have no user instruction manual only a pdf that describes the unit. It took 5 phone calls to your 1300 number plus 3 emails to Charles and still only that pdf , what do I do after the warranty runs out ?

EcoAlliance   DM

Hi Leon, thank you for reaching out. Yes, you will need to bleed the taps like any other hot water system to have any air released. For action after warranty you would need to seek a qualified plumber for maintenance. If you provide your email I will send over the user manual for you :) Thanks

Leon

So can i just turn off the hot water outlet valve to stop the hot water coming out of the bathroom leaking tap while i replace it ?

Leon

I also need a photo of the valve on this ecogenica eg-215fr290 that I can turn off , I assume turning clockwise standing in front of it actually turns it off ? I have asked for some directions or a contact to speak with or whatever since wednesday this week .. you were quick to get the $'s for the install but go missing in post-install service/follow-up .

EcoAlliance   DM

Hi Leon, turning the water off to the house would be the recommendation while working on any plumbing to the home. Once the tap is replaced then turn the water back on and bleed the pipes throughout the home to remove any air bubbles that may have formed.

Leon

During this discussion time , I have had to report 3 times to the 1300 number , still, to get info on turning off the water supply to the tank. The pdf doc states that in the event of a water supply interruption the system has to have an air bleed just in case. This is fine but as I keep asking info upon, just what valve is used to shut off and open up the hot water to the tank. This is why I need a photo of just which value to do this by. Can you please just read what I am asking for ?
And why is there no response to my 1300 calls re: a water leak at the thermostatic valve ( thats what the ecogenica tank label calls it ) ????? I have reported this twice now , what do I do in an emergency if I cannot get a simple return call ??/

EcoAlliance   DM

Hi Leon. As advised above please provide me with your email and I will send you the user manual which has the information required. Thank you.

Leon

Email = leonpearl@gmail.com and i have been sent 5 copies of the owners manual, dynaheat and none contain the ecogenica 215fr290 tank nor do they show the picture of the thermostatic valve that has been leaking on and off since i reported it. This issue with the manual has been going since june 1st. The issue with getting info on turning off the supply for 3 days . I told Rina to note if i do not get some satisfaction out of this it is legal recourse for me. I reported this all to solar vic today & was advised to go to consumer affairs if i void the warranty by getting in a plumber to help me.

Jeewan B.
Jeewan B. · Dynaheat 215L

My dyna heat 215 L is supposed to be installed today..I have taken a day off and was told they will be here between 8-2 pm..called multiple times and initially said they had to cancel ..I told them I my family is out of hot water for a week now and I chose eco alliance as they said they gonna install Monday that is today..now they are saying electrician is on the way but the plumber is out of contact..I don’t know what’s going on but this doesn’t sound good..still waiting ….

EcoAlliance   DM

Hi Jeewan. So sorry to hear this has been your experience here. Let's get this sorted for you; are you able to email the details to service@ecoalliance.com.au? Then the team can reach out directly.

Liam J.
Liam J. · Dynaheat

So I have set the timers and put into eco mode, but the unit is turning on outside of the times entered and waking up neighbours. Why is this?

EcoAlliance   DM

We'd need some more info to figure out whats going on here, Liam. Are you able to email the details to service@ecoalliance.com.au? Then one of our technicians can reach out directly.

Paul
Paul · Dynaheat 310L

Our electricity bill has more than doubled since we had this system installed. Heat pumps running non stop. Is this normal?

EcoAlliance   DM

Hi Paul! Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. Let's get this sorted for you. Are you able to email the details to service@ecoalliance.com.au ? Then the Service Team can contact you directly. In the mean time, this troubleshooting video should help: external link

Get an answer from our members and EcoAlliance representatives

Select a listing for your question
EcoAlliance Dynaheat

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

EcoAlliance Dynaheat is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024. Learn more