1 photo
Fast Cover Travel Insurance

Fast Cover Travel Insurance Questions & Answers

4.5 from 693 reviews

46 questions from our users

3 months ago I hurt my back at work as a volunteer with Red Cross. Had scan and having physio and all going well but not sure how this will effect my travel insurance policy.
1 answer
Hi Cavalierskye, thanks for your enquiry. Our policies cover a list of 43 Pre-Existing Medical Conditions which you view here: https://fastcover.com.au/what-we-cover/pre-existing-medical-conditions If you have a condition that is outside of this list, you would not be covered for any claims related to that particular condition. In the context of travel insurance, your back injury is considered a pre-existing condition and unfortunately it is something that is NOT covered under the insurance policy. However, you can still take out the policy with us and you would still receive medical benefits for claims that are unrelated to the pre-existing medical condition. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. Kind regards, Lindy

Does it cover mobile phone theft?
3 answers
Hi Kim Q. What is your policy number and I can check this for you :). Kind regards, MargrettaMy policy does, though there is $200 excess. The site advised me to take photos of anything valuable before the trip just in case.Hi Kim! If you have a Comprehensive, Standard Saver, Snow Sports, Domestic or Frequent Travellers Savers policy then there is luggage benefits. We do cover mobile phone left provided: You report a theft within 24 hours to the police or an office of the bus line, airline, shipping line or rail authority you were travelling on when the theft occurred. You must prove that you made a report by providing us with a written statement from whoever you reported it to. Yes we do suggest that you take pictures of your items you will be travelling with so that if anything happens whilst you are travelling. There is an excess on all of our policies but not all benefits hold an excess. The luggage benefit has an excess. I hope that helps! Kind regards, Margretta

Hi I have a policy with you and have to return home for a visa stamp does my policy carry on when i return? it will still be in the period paid for...Rod
1 answer
Hi Rodney, Thank you for your email. That is okay. You are covered for however long the policy runs for. I hope that helps! If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us. Regards, Margretta​

Does your medical cover you if you have to be flown home due to illness?
1 answer
Hi Shirley, Thank you for your question. We can organise this provided the 24/7 emergency medical assistance team is aware and they have approved this :). Please always check the PDS for more details. I hope that helps! Kind regards, Margretta

Hi. I'm looking for travel insurance to cover a flight from Perth to Adelaide for myself and my husband whilst on holiday in Perth. We are UK residents. We both have pre existing medical conditions and was wondering can you provide such cover.
1 answer
Hi BOWE, thanks for your enquiry. Cover is only available if: - You are an Australian citizen, or holder of a valid Australian permanent residency visa, permanently residing at an Australian address and hold a current Australian Medicare card which is not a visitor Medicare card; and - You purchase your policy before you commence your trip or you satisfy all of the requirements for purchasing a policy while you are already overseas; and - Your trip ends in Australia. For temporary residents of Australia on a 457 visa cover is available, however, only if: - You hold a current Australian 457 visa which will remain valid beyond the period of your trip; and - You have a home in Australia to which you intend to return; and - You hold a return ticket to Australia; and - Your trip ends in Australia; and - You are aged 74 years and under. If you don't meet the above criteria, we're unfortunately unable to provide a policy for you. However, you may want to check out these other companies that may be able to provide travel insurance for non-residents of Australia: https://www.comparetravelinsurance.com.au/travel-insurance-tips/non-resident-travel-insurance I hope that helps! Kind regard, Lindy

Does our policy FCH0179397 cover car rental & damage,etc. Please advise.
1 answer
Hi Tala, Thank you for your question. I can confirm you have added in the Rental Vehicle Excess to the amount of $5000. This assists with the excess component of the rental car should you get into an accident. I hope that helps! Kind regards, Margretta

What about cover for pre exsisting af and stents this was for my husband you covered him to go to Vanuatu but would not cover him to go on a cruise to New Guinea
1 answer
Hi Sam, Thank you for your question. For me to best assist you, can you please email me at enquiries@fastcover.com.au so we can assist with this further. If you prefer you can give us a call on 1300 409 322 and we can go through this together. Thank you! Kind regards, Margretta

I am going on a cruise to Papua New Guinea, departing brisbane in December. i need cover for pre-existing Bronchiectasis. i have had this since childhood, am 75 years old, & take antibiotics with me in case of chest infection. However I would not travel without cover for this condition. Do you cover this? rita Conley
1 answer
Hi Rita, thanks for your enquiry. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide cover for the condition you have described. Our policies automatically cover a set list of 43 Pre-Existing Medical Conditions which you can view on our website: https://fastcover.com.au/what-we-cover/pre-existing-medical-conditions If you require cover for your condition, please contact Aussie Travel Cover on (02) 9998 7854 whom may be able to prepare a tailored policy that covers your condition. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us. Kind regards, Lindy

I am travelling to America on July 11 th for 68 days for the birth of my daughters new baby and then fly from America to Japan on the Sep 15th 2018. I will not need travel insurance after touching down in Japan., need cover only for the America part of my trip. I am not sure when I will return to Australia. However when I enquire on a travel insurance quote it asks for my departure date and my return date . is my return date the last date I want cover for i.e. Sep 15th?
2 answers
Hi Yinny, Thank you for your question. Yes, you can have the policy start on the 11th of July til the 15th of September. Once the policy ends on the 15th of September you would have no cover for your flights back to Australia from Japan when are are ready to return. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us. Regards, Margretta​ E enquiries@fastcover.com.au P PO Box R1384 Royal Exchange NSW 1225 A Suite 2, Level 15, 9 Castlereagh St Sydney NSW 2000 See our current travel alerts: fastcover.com.au/travel-alertsI would highly recommend not choosing Fast Cover! We have not received majority of pre paid expenses back after i was sick in hospital. Their policy states otherwise. They paid my medical expenses although refuse to pay for pre booked accomodation and Travel expenses for other countries! Absolutely appauling company!

Page 1 of 5

Get an answer from our members and Fast Cover Travel Insurance representatives

Similar listings