48 questions from our users

Catherine G.

Catherine G.asked

Travel Insurance

We are trekking to Machu Picchu this year on an organised trek. Does Fast Cover travel cover altitudes of up to 4600 metres and evacuation?

Anje C
Anje C

They do up to a certain altitude and provided no climbing equipment is used. Machu Picchu is definitely covered. This info is explained on tge fastcover website in the PDS

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for your question! We sure do :).

To be covered for trekking at altitudes of 3000metres to 6000metres (not higher) but only where specialist climbing equipment is not required. You will need to add on the Adventure Pack to either a Comprehensive or a Standard Saver policy.

Dawnasked

Travel Insurance

Is the River Cruise in Europe(Budapest to Amsterdam) classified as a cruise or just Ocean cruises

Hi Dawn,

Thank you for your message!

The easiest way to know whether your river cruise is considered a 'cruise' which you will need travel insurance for is whether your cruise has a medical team on board. If your river cruise has a medical team on board then you will need to choose the cruise option for your trip. If there is no medical team then you do not need to specify cruise on your quote :).

Thank you Margretta. That clarifies my question clearly

Hi Dawn,

Not a problem :).

I hope you enjoy your trip!

cavalierskye

cavalierskyeasked

Travel Insurance

3 months ago I hurt my back at work as a volunteer with Red Cross. Had scan and having physio and all going well but not sure how this will effect my travel insurance policy.

Fast Cover T.Fast Cover Travel Insurance

Hi Cavalierskye, thanks for your enquiry.

Our policies cover a list of 43 Pre-Existing Medical Conditions which you view here: https://fastcover.com.au/what-we-cover/pre-existing-medical-conditions

If you have a condition that is outside of this list, you would not be covered for any claims related to that particular condition. In the context of travel insurance, your back injury is considered a pre-existing condition and unfortunately it is something that is NOT covered under the insurance policy. However, you can still take out the policy with us and you would still receive medical benefits for claims that are unrelated to the pre-existing medical condition.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kim Q

Kim Qasked

Travel Insurance

Does it cover mobile phone theft?

Hi Kim Q.

What is your policy number and I can check this for you :).

Kate
Kate

My policy does, though there is $200 excess. The site advised me to take photos of anything valuable before the trip just in case.

Hi Kim!

If you have a Comprehensive, Standard Saver, Snow Sports, Domestic or Frequent Travellers Savers policy then there is luggage benefits.

We do cover mobile phone left provided: You report a theft within 24 hours to the police or an office of the bus line, airline, shipping line or rail authority you were travelling on when the theft occurred. You must prove that you made a report by providing us with a written statement from whoever you reported it to.

Yes we do suggest that you take pictures of your items you will be travelling with so that if anything happens whilst you are travelling. There is an excess on all of our policies but not all benefits hold an excess. The luggage benefit has an excess.

Rod Fuller

Rod Fullerasked

Hi
I have a policy with you and have to return home for a visa stamp does my policy carry on when i return? it will still be in the period paid for...Rod

Hi Rodney,

Thank you for your email.

That is okay. You are covered for however long the policy runs for.

Regards,
Margretta​

Joe

Joeasked

Travel Insurance

I am 87 years old hope to travel to Vietnam and Cambodia next year for about two weeks, would you cover my trip?

Fast Cover T.Fast Cover Travel Insurance

Hi Joe, thanks for your question. We don't have any age restrictions on taking out a policy with us. However, some of the benefits will vary for travellers aged between 80-89. Give us a call on 1300 409 322 so we can prepare a quote for you. Kind regards, Lindy

Shirley

Shirleyasked

Travel Insurance

Does your medical cover you if you have to be flown home due to illness?

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for your question. We can organise this provided the 24/7 emergency medical assistance team is aware and they have approved this :). Please always check the PDS for more details.

BOWE

BOWEasked

Travel Insurance

Hi. I'm looking for travel insurance to cover a flight from Perth to Adelaide for myself and my husband whilst on holiday in Perth. We are UK residents. We both have pre existing medical conditions and was wondering can you provide such cover.

Fast Cover T.Fast Cover Travel Insurance

Hi BOWE, thanks for your enquiry.

Cover is only available if:
- You are an Australian citizen, or holder of a valid Australian permanent residency visa, permanently residing at an Australian address and hold a current Australian Medicare card which is not a visitor Medicare card; and
- You purchase your policy before you commence your trip or you satisfy all of the requirements for purchasing a policy while you are already overseas; and
- Your trip ends in Australia.

For temporary residents of Australia on a 457 visa cover is available, however, only if:
- You hold a current Australian 457 visa which will remain valid beyond the period of your trip; and
- You have a home in Australia to which you intend to return; and
- You hold a return ticket to Australia; and
- Your trip ends in Australia; and
- You are aged 74 years and under.

If you don't meet the above criteria, we're unfortunately unable to provide a policy for you. However, you may want to check out these other companies that may be able to provide travel insurance for non-residents of Australia: https://www.comparetravelinsurance.com.au/travel-insurance-tips/non-resident-travel-insurance

Kind regard,

Tala

Talaasked

Travel Insurance

Does our policy FCH0179397 cover car rental & damage,etc. Please advise.

Hi Tala,

Thank you for your question. I can confirm you have added in the Rental Vehicle Excess to the amount of $5000. This assists with the excess component of the rental car should you get into an accident.

Sam

Samasked

Travel Insurance

What about cover for pre exsisting af and stents this was for my husband you covered him to go to Vanuatu but would not cover him to go on a cruise to New Guinea

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your question. For me to best assist you, can you please email me at enquiries@fastcover.com.au so we can assist with this further. If you prefer you can give us a call on 1300 409 322 and we can go through this together.

Thank you!

Rita Conley

Rita Conleyasked

Travel Insurance

I am going on a cruise to Papua New Guinea, departing brisbane in December. i need cover for pre-existing Bronchiectasis. i have had this since childhood, am 75 years old, & take antibiotics with me in case of chest infection. However I would not travel without cover for this condition. Do you cover this? rita Conley

Fast Cover T.Fast Cover Travel Insurance

Hi Rita, thanks for your enquiry.

Unfortunately, we are not able to provide cover for the condition you have described. Our policies automatically cover a set list of 43 Pre-Existing Medical Conditions which you can view on our website: https://fastcover.com.au/what-we-cover/pre-existing-medical-conditions

If you require cover for your condition, please contact Aussie Travel Cover on (02) 9998 7854 whom may be able to prepare a tailored policy that covers your condition.

Yinny

Yinnyasked

Travel Insurance

I am travelling to America on July 11 th for 68 days for the birth of my daughters new baby and then fly from America to Japan on the Sep 15th 2018. I will not need travel insurance after touching down in Japan., need cover only for the America part of my trip. I am not sure when I will return to Australia. However when I enquire on a travel insurance quote it asks for my departure date and my return date . is my return date the last date I want cover for i.e. Sep 15th?

Hi Yinny,

Thank you for your question.

Yes, you can have the policy start on the 11th of July til the 15th of September. Once the policy ends on the 15th of September you would have no cover for your flights back to Australia from Japan when are are ready to return.

Regards,
Margretta​

E enquiries@fastcover.com.au
P PO Box R1384 Royal Exchange NSW 1225
A Suite 2, Level 15, 9 Castlereagh St Sydney NSW 2000

See our current travel alerts: fastcover.com.au/travel-alerts

Alana

I would highly recommend not choosing Fast Cover! We have not received majority of pre paid expenses back after i was sick in hospital. Their policy states otherwise. They paid my medical expenses although refuse to pay for pre booked accomodation and Travel expenses for other countries! Absolutely appauling company!

Lizasked

Travel Insurance

I’m travelling from Australia to USA in 2 weeks and and looking at travel insurance.
Could you please tell me if i am in the unfortunate
position of needing medical assistance or hospitalisation while overseas, will the costs be covered by Fast Cover at the time or will I need to come up with the money to pay the doctors and hope for a claim to be refunded later?
I am concerned about the reviews from customers who took out a Fast Cover policy and were disappointed upon their time of needing to
make a claim.

make a claim.
position of

Hi Liz,

If you are hospitalised while you are travelling you, or a travelling companion, or treating doctors need to contact our Emergency Assistance Team, who will coordinate with the doctors and hospital both to ensure you receive appropriate medical treatment, and to provide a guarantee for the medical costs if the condition is covered by your policy.

In the situation that you need to see a GP for a less severe medical condition, you may keep the receipts and medical reports, and submit a claim via our website when you return.

I hope you have a great trip.

Brooke

Liz

Thank you fir your answer. Could you please expand on the part about ‘if your condition is covered by the policy’.

Alana

I would highly recommend not choosing Fast Cover! We have not received majority of pre paid expenses back after i was sick in hospital. Their policy states otherwise. They paid my medical expenses although refuse to pay for pre booked accomodation and Travel expenses for other countries! It took us forever dealing with the company as i was critically ill! If you are sick dying in hospital, don’t expect to get mojarity of your prepaid expenses back, we are still nearly $5000 out of pocket and are taking it further to be reimbursed. Absolutely appauling company!

Suzie

Suzieasked

Hello,
We are travelling to the USA next month.
I leave Australia 8 days prior to my husband and 2 teenage children (who are travelling with him).
We are then meeting up in the USA for our family holiday.
I then travel back to Australia separately to them again.
Are we ok to travel under a “family” policy even if I’m not with them for 100% of the trip?
Thanks,
Suzie.

Fast Cover T.Fast Cover Travel Insurance

Hi Suzie, thanks for your enquiry.

As you have a different itinerary from your husband and your children, you would have to take out a separate policies. You may be able to purchase 2 Single policies - one for you and one for your husband, where your children under the age of 21 could be covered free of additional charge under your husband's Single policy if they will be travelling with him 100% of the time.

Lisa

Lisaasked

Travel Insurance

Hai, My family of 4adults will be travelling to Europe(including Turkey) in December but on return we will stay in Singapore for 4 days, how do we add Singapore when we apply for our travel insurance? Thank you

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your enquiry. When you select the Europe region, it automatically covers the lower region including Asia, the Pacific, New Zealand and Australia. Therefore, you would be covered when you travel to Singapore for 4 days under your Europe policy.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kaz250

Kaz250asked

Travel Insurance

I am going to the USA on a ski holiday and we want to do a snowmobile tour with a licensed company from Teton Mountain to Yellowstone on groomed trails. Does your insurance cover this? In particular does this cover personal liability on a motarised vehicle in the form of a snow mobile (which I will be driving with a tour guide.)

Hi Kaz250,

Thanks for your enquiry. Sounds like a great trip that you've got planned!

With our Snow Sports Plus policy, we do cover snowmobiling. However, with regards to personal liability on a snowmobile, it is not covered.

As stated on page 54 on the PDS,

"We will not pay for anything you have to pay because of a legal claim against you for causing bodily injury, death or loss or damage to, or of, property, if the claim arises out of or is for:
The ownership, custody or use of any firearm or weapon, aerial device, watercraft or mechanically propelled vehicle."

Email me at enquiries@fastcover.com.au if you have any further queries.

Tasiturn

Tasiturnasked

Travel Insurance

Can I 1) edit my FastCover Travel Insurance Review now awaiting verification ?
2) or ask you to add the 2 sentences paragraph below?
3) or do I have to include them in an entirely separate?
Option 2 is my preferred one as the other 2 will appear fairly clunky and may give the wrongful impression that I've been placed under duress by FastCover.

Addendum:
"My warning regarding adequacy of Medical Cover in North America is in no way a criticism of FastCover.
The $40,000 Medical Cover limit is made quite clear on their website."

Hi Tasiturn,

Thank you for your query.

Yes, it is possible to edit your review, you just need to log into Product Review and edit what you have submitted.
It's not possible for us to edit the your review.

You can click on this link which will show you how to edit your review: https://support.productreview.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/203909226-Can-I-edit-my-review-or-change-my-rating-

Hope the above helps - if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Kind Regards,
Sally

KTout

KToutasked

Travel Insurance

Hi, I am planning a holiday to newzeland and we are wanting to go jet boating, would this be covered as included activity?

Hi KTout,

Thanks for your question!

Jet Boating isn't something we automatically include in our policies or in our Adventure Pack. Please see our list of activities here: https://fastcover.com.au/what-we-cover/activities. You can still have a policy with us you just couldn't claim for anything related to Jet Boating.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to email me at enquiries@fastcover.com.au or call on 1300 409 322.

Have an amazing trip to New Zealand!!

Kind regards, Vanessa

Tegan

Teganasked

Travel Insurance

Hi, just wondering about the terms and conditions for covering small electronic devices? What happens if accidental damage occurs or if an item is lost? I.e dropped out of a pocket or bag? Also, do you price match or offer any promo code discounts? Thanks!

Hi Tegan,

Thanks for your question!

There is quite a bit of information about luggage and personal effects. The best thing for you to do is have a look at pages 45-49 in our online PDS where it lists the terms and conditions plus what to do if damage/theft occurs to your items.

Online PDS link: https://fastcover.com.au/pds

Also here is the link to our coupon code page: https://fastcover.com.au/coupon-codes

If you scroll down the coupon page you will see some options for discounts, just pick the one you want and proceed to the quote page!

Hope that helps! If you have some specific claims questions then the number for the claims team is 1300 409 322. Listen to the menu and select the Hollard Claims Option. Let the claims team know that you want to buy a policy however you want to know what happens in the scenarios you've mentioned.

Feel free to email me at enquiries@fastcover.com.au if you have any further questions or call me on 1300 409 322 9-6pm AEST.

Vanessa

Jen

Jenasked

Travel Insurance

Hi I have pre existing medical conditions.. a clot in brain artery that has been there for 5 years and a hemangioma spinal tumour that I have had surgery on to clear away from my spinal cord and 2 radiation sessions. Can I get cover for these conditions if I go on a cruise?thanks jen

Fast Cover T.Fast Cover Travel Insurance

Hi Jen, Thank you for your question! The conditions you have mentioned wouldn't be covered under Fast Cover policies. Each company is quite different however with us we automatically cover 43 pre-existing medical conditions, please see our list here: https://fastcover.com.au/what-we-cover/pre-existing-medical-conditions. If you have a condition we don't cover usually you can still have a policy you just wouldn't be covered for that particular condition. The exception to that rule is blood thinners, if you take a blood thinner then we can't medically cover you at all. If you like, give me a call on 1300 409 322 or email me at enquiries@fastcover.com.au and I can put you through to an affiliate who may be able to assist you. Kind regards, Vanessa.

Get an answer from our members and Fast Cover Travel Insurance representatives