Fast Cover Travel Insurance Questions & Answers

Verified馃弳 2024 Award
Kylie.Brown2
Kylie.Brown2聽路聽Travel Insurance

Hi I'm interested that there aren't many reviews about having to make claims through this company. Has anyone made a claim while they are overseas with their young family and did they feel supported and get help from this company?

Fast Cover Travel Insurance聽聽DM聽聽

Hi Kylie, Thank you for reaching out! You may refer to our website at external link , and scroll down to the bottom to see our ''Traveller Case Studies''. This section provides examples of claim outcomes. You can also filter reviews to view our claim reviews. Hope this helps!
Warm regards, Pal

Vero52
Vero52聽路聽Travel Insurance - Basics

Hello, I am keen to purchase travel insurance cover from an Australian company for Vietnam and Cambodia. I have not come across any customer reviews whose claims have been neither accepted, resolved or denied. It's so easy to recommend an insurance company where there has been (luckily) no need to claim. Can you supply any reviews from customers who have had the misfortune of having to claim?

Anne
Anne聽聽

That鈥檚 what I am after as well please

Fast Cover Travel Insurance聽聽DM聽聽

Hi Vero52 and Anne, Thanks for your enquiry.

Product Review allows you to filter reviews and only view those that have submitted a claim with us.

You can finds such reviews here: https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/fast-cover-travel-insurance?6c4c7781-6e7a-4350-9d03-9284b0a7b896%5B0%5D=5ec253e8-5e6a-4285-9d2c-d1d295d3c898

Hope this helps!

Mammie M.
Mammie M.聽路聽Travel Insurance

I would like to make sure that covid coverage is included in claim as I鈥檓 going on a cruise 4 days if I got sick on the boat and needed to see a doctor is that covered ? I ticked family quote as I鈥檓 travelling single parent 3 adult children one of those is a dependant not working studying full time dies that change the quote ?

Fast Cover Travel Insurance聽聽DM聽聽

Hi Mammie M, Thanks for your enquiry.

With regards to COVID-19 cover, if Cruise cover is specified on the quote there is unlimited COVID-19 medical cover if you were to unexpectedly test positive while aboard the ship. Cover is subject to the policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions in the PDS: external link

Our policies have a maximum of 2 adults (over 20 years old) on each policy. Based on your travel plans, you will need to take a DUO policy for your 2 adult children and a Single policy for yourself with 1 dependant listed provided they are younger than 21 years old.

If you need assistance obtaining a quote, please call 1300 409 322 or email info@fastcover.com.au

Lisa G
Lisa G聽路聽Travel Insurance

We are traveling to Bali and just wondering if we would be covered for natural disasters ? eg Volcano eruption thanks

Fast Cover Travel Insurance聽聽DM聽聽

Hi Lisa G, Thanks for your enquiry.

There are provisions to claim on our policies if your travel plans are directly affected by a natural disaster.

For any further enquiries, please email info@fastcover.com.au or call us on 1300 409 322.

Lisa G
Lisa G聽聽

Mandy C.
Mandy C.聽路聽Travel Insurance

Is motorbike covered in Indonesia if I hold a full motorbike licence in Australia and have an international driver's licence...

Fast Cover Travel Insurance聽聽DM聽聽

Hi Mandy, Thanks for your enquiry.

If you will be riding or will be a passenger on a motorcycle, moped or scooter, you need to take out the Motorcycle Pack optional extra.

Riders:
-You must wear a helmet.
-For motorcycles with an engine size of 50cc or less, you must hold an Australian Drivers Licence.
-For motorcycles with an engine size over 50cc, you must hold an Australian Motorcycle Licence.
-You must be legally allowed to ride in the country that you are in (please check external link to determine correct licence)

Passengers:
-You must wear a helmet.
-The person in control of the motorcycle, moped or scooter must be legally allowed to ride in the country that they are riding in.

Pat
Pat聽路聽Travel Insurance

If you have had an operation 3 yrs ago, which is not on the listed medical questions, would it be covered, if an accident occurred

Fast Cover Travel Insurance聽聽DM聽聽

Hi Pat, Thanks for reaching out.

Our policies cover 43 Pre-Existing Medical Conditions, where criteria is met. We can still insure you, however any claim related to an unlisted condition will not be covered.

As we do not have medical screening, we are unable to 'add' unlisted conditions for cover, however we are hoping to start conducting these assessments in October 2023.

If you'll like to be contacted about this please email us on info@fastcover.com.au or call us on 1300 409 322.

Sair.

Pat
Pat聽聽

Yes please contact me

Fast Cover Travel Insurance聽聽DM聽聽

Hi Pat, Could you please email us on info@fastcover.com.au with your contact details.

Sair.

Fiona Fiona
Fiona Fiona聽路聽Travel Insurance - Basics

Does your insurance (specifically, Basics family cover) cover costs of accompanying a sick child or partner? For example, accompanying a child being medically evacuated home, or having to stay on in accommodation while partner is in hospital? I haven't been able to find this mentioned anywhere in the pds. Thanks!

Fast Cover Travel Insurance聽聽DM聽聽

Hi Fiona, Thanks for your enquiry.

The Basics policy provides unlimited medical cover in the event of an unexpected illness or injury. There is no cover for any additional non-medical expenses i.e. flights, accommodation etc. Only the Comprehensive and Standard Saver have coverage for additional travel and accommodation expenses incurred while overseas under the Trip Disruption Benefit.

Coverage for accompanying an insured traveller for a medical emergency or repatriation is investigated on a case by case basis. It will need to be organised and approved by our 24/7 Emergency Team who will take into account the situation accordingly and account for the travellers' age, health as well as the professional opinion of the treating medical practitioner.

Cover is subject to the policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).

Hope this helps to clarify things for you, if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call us on 1300 409 322.

John
John聽路聽Travel Insurance - Comprehensive

Both my wife and I have had changes to our Hypertension medication during the past 6 months. I have letters from our GP indicating our fitness to travel. Do I need to submits these letters with our Travel Insurance Request?

Fast Cover Travel Insurance聽聽DM聽聽

Hi John, Thank you for your enquiry.

Our policies provide cover for 43 Pre-Existing Conditions, subject to meeting specific criteria. One of these criteria is that your medications for the condition have remained unchanged for the past 6 months. You can find detailed information about our coverage for pre-existing medical conditions here Fast Cover PDS - 20 May external link .

Based on your circumstances, we can still provide insurance for you. However, please note that any claim related to your Hypertension will not be covered since the criteria has not been met. We understand that you may have a fit-to-fly letter from your GP, and while we do not require it at the time you purchase your travel insurance, it is advisable to keep it with you in case you need to make any claims or provide additional documentation.

We understand the need for enhanced medical screening to address these situations. Although we do not have a confirmed date yet, we are actively working towards implementing these changes. If you would like to be notified when these updates are in place, please feel free to email us at info@fastcover.com.au with your contact details.

Thank you for considering Fast Cover for your travel insurance needs. If you have any further questions or require additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Emma.

Peter聽路聽Travel Insurance

What tolerance if any is allowed for alcohol level if making a medical claim or simply how would alcohol affect a medical claim?

Joanne
Joanne聽聽

Hi Peter, how did you go with this question? I would also like to know.

Peter聽聽

No I haven't found out yet but I suspect zero alcohol is buried somewhere in the PDS. I do know if you don't buy the motorbike pack you are not covered if you have a accident while riding in a tricycle. Tuk tuk.
You will also need receipts for each and every item you intend to claim for lost baggage and these items are then subject to depreciation

Fast Cover Travel Insurance聽聽DM聽聽

Hi Peter, We appreciate your enquiry about the effect of alcohol on medical claims. At Fast Cover, we do not enforce a specific blood alcohol limit.

When it comes to the influence of alcohol on a medical claim, the outcome will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by our dedicated Claims team. They will determine whether your claim directly or indirectly arises from alcohol use. Your individual circumstances and the role of alcohol in the incident will be carefully taken into consideration during this assessment. It is important to act responsibly and take necessary measures to protect yourself and your belongings throughout your journey.

Peter聽聽

Page 89 of the PDS says will not pay a claim that results directly or indirectly from alcohol consumption.

Page 93 mentions you must agree to have alcohol test so your claim can be evaluated.

If you read the PDS you should be pleasantly surprised if and when you make a claim it is not denied.
Be careful of awards from the likes of canstar as they appear to have a symbolic relationship that is awards generate insurance business from those that don't want to tackle the PDS and commissions to canstar from clicking on links to insurance on their webb site.
I just buy basic cover

John B.
John B.聽路聽Travel Insurance - Comprehensive

Mark
Mark聽聽

John, the first place I鈥檇 check is the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), that will clarify your legal position and what actions you need to take to comply with your insurance terms and conditions. If you get no satisfaction from the PDS, contact the company to get clarification.

Fast Cover Travel Insurance聽聽DM聽聽

Hi John.B, Thanks for your enquiry.

Our policies cover 43 Pre-Existing Conditions provided the special criteria is met which includes 'Your medications for that condition have remained unchanged for the past 6 months.'
See: external link

Based on your circumstances we can still insure you, however any claim related to your Hypertension will not be covered as the special criteria has not been met.

We are hoping to conduct medical screening in the near future to combat these situations, however we do not have a guaranteed date as of yet. Feel free to message us at info@fastcover.com.au with your contact details if you would like to be notified when these changes are implemented.

Jen
Jen聽路聽Travel Insurance

How is the best way to select a quote when we have two adults (mid 50's) and two kids aged just turned 21 (at time of travel) and 17? I cant select family so what is the best options please

Fast Cover Travel Insurance聽聽DM聽聽

Hi Jen, Thanks for your enquiry.

At the moment our policies have a maximum of 2 adults on each. You will need to take a separate Single policy for your 21 year old as they would be considered an adult for our insurance purposes.

Feel free to give us a call on 1300 409 322 (Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm) if you wish to discuss this further and obtain a quote.

Kind regards, Chai

Lucian G.
Lucian G.聽路聽Travel Insurance

I just did a insurance for one month and after one week is go down can i now why?

Fast Cover Travel Insurance聽聽DM聽聽

Hi Lucian, thank you for choosing Fast Cover! To enable us to better assist you, could you please let us know what went down? Kind regards, Ashly

kaz
kaz聽路聽Travel Insurance

I am wondering if cruise cover covers cabin isolation if Covid 19 positive onboard and partner?

Fast Cover Travel Insurance聽聽DM聽聽

Hi Kaz, Thanks for your enquiry. Please note that I can only give you generalised advice, and any real claim enquiry you make would be referred to our Claims department.

Our overseas policies provide cover for
- The reimbursement of the reasonable overseas emergency medical, hospital or medical evacuation expenses if you experience a medical emergency due to contracting COVID-19.
- Trip cancellation and disruption (for travel and/or accommodation expenses) related to you contracting COVID-19 prior to your departure or whilst on your trip. This cover is not available on the Basics policy.

You would have to pay first, then claim back later.

I hope I've been able to answer your question.
Please reach out again if you require further assistance.

Lily聽路聽Travel Insurance - Comprehensive

Hi team,I am very happy to buy insurance with Fastcover. However it doesn't allow me to purchase as I am not vaccinated.I don't understand why I can't, because nowadays even countries lifted restrictions on vaccination.And I saw some people with my own eyes who got heart disease after they got vaccination. A young boy in his twenties couldn't stand even for a few minutes after he got vaccination. He had to sit down most of the time as his heart beat very fast if he stood up and I tried to walk around to help him to get his products. I am not vaccined,but I am very healthy,never took any panadol or neurofen.Just wondering when Fastcover can allow unvaccinated people purchase insurance as Fastcover has such a high reputation in this industry.

Thank you very much.

Fast Cover Travel Insurance聽聽DM聽聽

Hi Lily, Thank you for your interest in Fast Cover Travel Insurance and sharing your concerns about the vaccination requirement. We are actively working with our underwriters to review this policy, and it is looking positive. However, we don't have a specific date for when the changes will take effect.

We appreciate your patience and value your feedback. If you would like us to personally notify you once the changes regarding vaccination requirements are in effect, please let us know, and we will be more than happy to reach out to you directly.

Lily聽聽

Thank you very much for your prompt reply Rola.Much appreciated.I hope that day will come soon :)

I would like you to contact me once the new change takes effect.

Have a fantastic day.

Larry B
Larry B聽聽

So get vaccinated

Lily聽聽

20 year old boy got heart disease after he got vaccination and couldn't stand Even for a few minutes....

John
John聽路聽Travel Insurance

I am looking at comprehensive cover for 2 seniors, we have a barge canal trip organized in France - do we need additional cover? Thanks John

Fast Cover Travel Insurance聽聽DM聽聽

Hi John, Thank you for reaching out!

If you will be travelling on a barge canal or river cruise ship, you do not need Cruise cover. This will fall under the Provisions of our Standard Non-Cruise Policy/s.

Warm Regards, Nat

WickedSmartMe
WickedSmartMe聽聽

Totally recommend for fast and easy policy

maxi
maxi聽路聽Travel Insurance

I can't see anything about covering cancellation down below

Fast Cover Travel Insurance聽聽DM聽聽

Hi Maxi, Thank you for reaching out!

The Trip Cancellation Expenses (https://fastcover.com.au/travel-insurance/cancellation-benefits) benefit reimburses you for your pre-booked travel arrangements (e.g., flights, accommodation or tours) if you need to unexpectedly cancel your trip due to reasons outside of your control.

Note:
- If you have the Comprehensive, Standard Saver, Snow Sports Plus, Domestic Plus policies, the Trip Cancellation Expenses benefit starts when the policy is issued.
- There is no Trip Cancellation Expenses benefit if you have the Basics policy.

Cover is subject to the policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) (https://fastcover.com.au/pds).

We hope this helps! Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 409 322 if you require further assistance.

Wilma Watt
Wilma Watt聽聽

I was not needing this, but it does state if you have a low cost policy it won't be on it. Hope this helps. Regards, Wilma

Fast Cover Travel Insurance聽聽DM聽聽

Hi Wilma, Thank you for your response.

That is correct. The Basics policy only cover unlimited medical expenses and personal liability, you may choose to add a luggage cover for an additional cost, but the Basics policy does not cover any cancellation.

Naz
Naz聽路聽Travel Insurance - Comprehensive

Hi.
I have taken out comprehensive cover in January 2023 and I am due to travel in June 2023 Yet in April 2023 I was admitted to hospital and it was determined to be kidney stones . It seems this stone has passed naturally. Would this now be determined to be a pre existing condition?

Fast Cover Travel Insurance聽聽DM聽聽

Hi Naz, Thank you for your enquiry!

Our policies cover a set list of 43 Pre-Existing Medical Conditions (https://help.fastcover.com.au/article/865-what-preexisting-medical-conditions-dont-you-cover). If it is not listed it means we would not be able to provide any cover for your condition and claims arising from or related to that specific pre-existing medical condition would not be covered.

Unfortunately, Kidney Stones is a type of pre-existing condition we cannot cover.

Provided that the medical conditions upon creating a quote does not apply to you, we can still issue you with a policy. You would still have provision to claim for all the other benefits including medical claims that are unrelated to your pre-existing condition.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if we can assist you further. Alternatively, please contact us on 1300 409 322.

Peter W.
Peter W.聽路聽Travel Insurance

what level of fast cover travel insurance covers having to postpone travel because of contracting covid?

Fast Cover Travel Insurance聽聽DM聽聽

Hi Peter, Thank you for reaching out!

Our Comprehensive, Standard Saver and Snow Sports Plus policy provide cover for trip cancellation and disruption related to you contracting COVID-19 prior to your departure or whilst on your trip. This cover is not available on the Basics policy.

We hope this helps! Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 409 32 to speak to a team member for further assistance.

Kezza S.
Kezza S.聽路聽Travel Insurance

Can anyone tell me the claims payout ratio & why most were rejected? Thankyou

Fast Cover Travel Insurance聽聽DM聽聽

Hi Kezza S., Thank you for your enquiry. At Fast Cover, we assess all claims on a case-by-case basis and in accordance with our Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), to ensure a fair and transparent process for our customers.

We appreciate your feedback and would like to investigate where you received the information that most of our claims are rejected. Could you please provide us with your contact number so we can reach out to you directly? Alternatively, please feel free to contact us at 1300 409 322 or email us at info@fastcover.com.au. We are here to assist you with any further questions or concerns you may have.

Kezza S.
Kezza S.聽路聽Travel Insurance

Hi, whilst is is great to know travel insurance is easy to access & communication in the enquiry stage is good, travel insurance reviews are only really valuable from people reporting after making a claim. So far I have failed to find a legit site publishing real reviews from travellers after they have made a claim. Can anyone point me towards legit claims outcomes from various Australian insurances? Thanku.

Cara
Cara聽聽

Hi Kezza,
I recently made a claim as I broke my wrist snowboarding in Canada. I purchased Fast Cover Snow Sports Plus insurance. I emailed the Fast Cover Emergency Team on my way to the hospital informing them how specifically I injured it and that I was on my way. I paid everything in full at the hospital both when I first visited and when I was required to go back a week later for repeat x-rays. Fast Cover continued to email me to check I was okay and ask questions. Once I arrived home from my holiday I went on their website and made a claim. It took me about an hour to fill out all the information and upload all the paperwork the hospital had given me. A week and a half later I received an email and 100% of the money spent (minus my excess) in my account. I hope this helps.

Get an answer from our members and Fast Cover Travel Insurance representatives

Select a listing for your question

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Fast Cover Travel Insurance is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023 and 2022. Learn more

Southern Cross Travel Insurance
RentalCover.com
Seniors Travel Insurance
Worldcare Travel Insurance
1Cover Travel Insurance

漏聽 ProductReview.com.au Pty. Ltd. All Rights Reserved. General disclaimer: All third party trademarks, images and copyrights on this page are used for the purpose of comparative advertising, criticism or review. This is a public forum presenting user opinions on selected products and businesses, and as such the views expressed do not reflect the opinion of ProductReview.com.au. Further details in the disclaimer.

Visit Official Website