48Ford Everest

Ford Everest Questions & Answers

David
David · Everest

My Ford Everest has got a jammed fuel flap opener has been playing up for about 1 month and yesterday it decided to seize shut completely can anyone help me with a solution because im stuck at home with hardly any fuel

Sniper S.
Sniper S. · Everest UA (2015-2018)

how to solve ford everest 2016 system off to save battery

Billy L.
Billy L. · Everest

Evening,my 2021 ford Everest is keeps taging the (see manual & a spanner)while is not yet due for services,I drove it now for 7month clocking 86000 on the clock,I took it to Ford in Potch for IDS & PCM still showing it..Went to my dealer,he took it to JVH in Randfontien for EGR + Software, still the same..it seems every 275kilos it does,when it happens it speed it 80kilos only,I had to stop the car & re-start it..Then good to go..So it keeps popping every single months in a cost of R5200..Eish, kindly help please..Billy

Raj
Raj · Everest Next-Gen (2023-2024)

Hi,
I just booked one ford everest trend, but the reviews and suggestions about the reliability of the mechine makes me to double check. If could give an opinion that would appreciated.

Tania B.

I guess Neeraj, we were upset that we purchased a new car and then added a lot of expensive off-road gear to it....yet we're now considering trading it in for the new Prado and just accepting the loss of about $30000 of extras that we just won't get back and will need to add to a Prado. I just don't trust the car to take it anywhere remote anymore...and Ford told us that they were replacing the gear box, when what happened was, we got a "refurbished" gearbox in a brand new car on warranty after being weeks with a car we couldn't take offroad when we live rurally...(we were initially given a Ford puma!!) - only to have the same problem within weeks of getting the car back, no off-road use.....the second time we got the car back "it was a software issue"...then the first time we used the "sand mode" ..... ON FLAT SAND.....we get an ad blue sign and the smell of burned diesel...so the car needs to go back....again...... I'm currently looking into my rights under consumer law....as it's clearly not fit for purpose...but I don't like my chances.

Tania B.

We are also having issues identical to those everyone else has described....you shouldn't be getting refurbished parts on a new car surely!?

Tania B.

I'd be taking advantage of the cooling-off clause and getting out!

Raj
Raj · Everest Next-Gen (2023-2024)

I would like to know the reliability of the machine compared to prado.

Tania B.

Hi Neeraj, we still have a Prado and I loved it. It is aging and unfortunately now has rust meaning that we couldn’t upgrade the suspension otherwise we would have done so. We upgraded to he Everest as my sons are all over 6 foot tall and we’re wanting to bring friends on trips and just couldn’t fit in he third row. They can in the Everest. Honestly , at first I just loved the Everest off road with the power and 12 speed gearbox. I’m a very experience 4wdriver. However, we’re still on warranty with a car less than 2 years old that we spend quite a lot of money to upgrade for full off-roading and have had to have it back to ford for weeks on end dealing with gearbox issues. We even told it to Moreton (not wanting to venture too far after we’d just had it returned) and we’re worried about the adblue light coming on and smelling burned diesel.
If I could I’d get my money back and we will be looking at what can be done before it comes off warranty as this expense would be prohibitive off warranty.
Our service from the start purchasing the car was just terrible and the car has been unreliable since. Losing power at 110 on the highway is just dangerous and I now wouldn’t trust the car to go on a remote 4wdriving trip which has meant we’ve wasted a significant amount of money upgrading the car to do so… but I would take the rusty Prado over the ford now.
Unless I knew they had done something major to address this issue, I’d stick to a Prado, even though I thought the foes was initially better off road.
My sons are almost driving themselves now… so if I had my time over, I’d go the Prado again.

Thanks for the information

Richard
Richard

I've had a Ford Everest Titanium model and for 4 years it went well but in January of this year the EGR valve failed and caused catastrophic damage to the engine. Unfortunately the dealers warranty stated that I was covered till 2024 or 175,000kms whichever came first. I found that I was out of warranty as I'd done 191,000 kms. I live in a rural area and 191,000 kms is to be expected. The dealership is also in a rural area. My advice to others is to look carefully at your warranty before purchasing a new vehicle (in my case a Ford Everest). With regard to getting my Everest repaired the engine had to be replaced with one from a wreckers yard (for $20K) and to cap it off the Ford Serice Centre still has my Everest and is apparently finding difficulty after difficulty geting it going properly again. As at this date I've been without my vehicle now for three and a half months and have incurred over $7K in rental vehicle costs. I've written to Ford Australia and a person there phoned my effectively advising no interest. I'm now going to put the matter into the hands of Fair Trading. I originally bought the Everest as I needed this type of vehicle as I live on a rural property and need reliabilty. With all the electronics in the Everest there is clearly an omission in the design by not having an engine shutdown incorporated to prevent catastrophic engine damage in the event of an EGR valve failure. When I get my car back i will be immediately trading it in for something else as I've lost confidence in it's reliability particularly given all the mucking around thus far by the Service Centre. Buyers beware of issues with the Ford Everest, the Ford dealership warranty and with rural area Ford Service Centres.

SAM
SAM

Don’t buy the Ford bro. I got rid of it 8 months ago. I liked the look and comfort, it is the best sub I have driven. But it comes with a lot of issues. My transmission failed in the middle of the freeway. The customer service was pathetic, there was a angry lady at the other she was never cooperative. I got rid of it after seeing problems after problems. Now i ride a Santafe.

grego
grego · Everest

i have a vibration in the rear every time i reduce speed and it continues until i take off again any suggestions please

Brian I.
Brian I. · Everest UA (2015-2018)

rear main 2017 Everests

David C.
David C. · Everest

Do any everest have a drinks chiller

TrevorS
TrevorS · Everest

How do you turn the boot light off with the tailgate up on a ford everest titanium?

Carolin W
Carolin W · Everest

Have a 2018 Ambiente and have a noise like breaking glass in cabin when driving?

Rob
Rob · Everest

I have a 2017 Everest, on a recent trip towing a caravan the tow weight was 2.05 t. The vehicle was travelling well, until we got to Alice Spring when the vehicle went into limp mode each day after travelling the first 10 ks for the day and would not get above 40 kph, after 10 or 15 klm the vehicle would pick up speed for a short period and then go back to limp mode, no matter weather we were on the flat or accending or decending a rise. Had the vehicle looked at and was advised after the dealer had the vehicle for a couple of days that the fuel lines had been put on the wrong way. Has anyone experienced this and is it possible to put the lines on incorrectly. I had the vehicle serviced before going on the trip and have spoken to the mechanic after I returned and he stated that if the lines had been put on incorrectly that I would have had the problem straight away, forgot to mention that the vehicle operated beautifully when the caravan was not on.

Paul · Everest

When did the requirement for Add-blue in the Everest start, or has it needed it from the start?

Terry J.

I think they have always had it as they are a diesel passenger car. The ranger being a commercial vehicle doesn't require it, although it would be on the 2L biturbo.

Paul

Thanks Terry for the clarification.
Regards

Ian S
Ian S · UA II Titanium (2018-2022)

Can anybody share any information about adblue consumption when towing a caravan. I tow a 6metre caravsan, loaded weight 2700kg and adblue consumption seems excessive when towing. I don't trust the range readout in the dash, serms very eratic and unpredictable.

Terry J.

I find only have a practical range of 5000km when towing. I thought it was too high but Ford said nothing wrong.

Ian S

Yep, that may be the same with mine, but the range read out on the dash is so inconsistent, it means that I need to carry adblue around with me on a longer and more remote trip. 5000km is a lot lower than the salesperson suggested it would be when towing.

Herminigildo G.
Herminigildo G. · Everest

I have 1 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium model 2016, it will crank but can't start. What could be the problem?

Alan
Alan

Ad blue empty? If so, go to super cheap auto and buy a 10 litre container.

Colin M.
Colin M. · Everest

I have Everest 2017 the pre-collision assist comes up not available

AndyB
AndyB · Everest

I have a 2018 Everest Titanium, I want to put a bullbar for a 2020 model on it but the radar on my Everest is on the driver side and on the bullbar it needs to mount in the middle, if I move the radar to the middle would the radar still work correct, has anybody done this ?

Robert H.
Robert H. · Everest

why is it that my front drivers seat has collapsed just 20,000kms from new, and ford says its a wear and tare issue. I have a ford everest 4x4 trend auto 2017 the seats are not leather but the material sort and the one side of the seat has folded and is starting to collapse, the dealer says its the way i get out of the car, what a massive cop out been ford all my life totally angry and disappointed.

Phillip Ryan

I would suggest that there should be a reasonable expectation that your seat should perform the way it was designed to and a seat should not collapse at 20k mark. I would recommend going directly to Ford Australia and suggest wear and tear is a ridiculous excuse. I would complain that this is warranty issue and you will take your compint to Fair Trading unless you get a satisfactory resolution

Baker one
Baker one · Everest

how to adjust volume of beep for parking aid feature?

George
George · UA II Trend RWD 2.0L (2018-2022)

Anyone have ride height issues . Mine has over 25mm difference in the rear as viewed from the rear the right side is higher than the left and is very noticeable and local dealer says its within spec but I cannot find any spec for this .
Its an ugly look to the auto and if I had noticed this at purchase I would not have bought it and if its true the over 25mm is an allowable spec from Ford this will be my last Ford.
Researching this issue I am seeing that 13mm is acceptable but should be less.
Any thoughts or anyone know the actual allowable Ford spec?
I purchased this auto and typical dealership of the Philippines are very poor at doing anything and think that I will accept their feedback, but I have just started my quest to get this corrected my auto was assembled in Thailand.

Emorej D.
Emorej D.

go back to ford, i have same isssue.. i got full car replacement.. car bought in Pwerford CASTLEHILL Australia. I bought MY2017 Trend. got 2018 Trend Replacement. But i think now they have a replacement suspension kit to fix the issue.

Susanne J.
Susanne J. · Everest UA (2015-2018)

Engine light on. Replaced adblue reductant pump & nozzle. Light still on.

Phillip Ryan

Not sure would recommend to take to dealer. Sorry cannot be more helpful

Get an answer from our members and Ford representatives

Select a listing for your question
Ford Everest