G.J. Gardner Homes Questions & Answers

VIC, NSW, QLD, etc...

312 questions from our users

Steel McMillanasked

G.J. Gardner Homes

I’ve been looking at the inclusions with GJ Gardner and I can’t seem to find whether or not floor covers are included.

Hi Steel
Inclusions can vary from location to location, so best to speak directly with the GJ office you are exploring building with to get further confirmation.

Steel McMillan

Very very disappointed in GJ Gardner North Richmond NSW.After meeting with a team member last Sunday we emailed/texted through some extra questions we had in relation to alfresco and floorcoverings and still no reply.
We had narrowed our build to two builders and will go with Hudson.
Sorry GJ,but communication is everything and you failed.Would not recommended them.

Romie C.

Romie C.asked

G.J. Gardner Homes

Hi just wondering how I can contact the head office of gj gardner Australia. I'm building with one of your franchise's in Melbourne and would like to discuss some things with the head office.

Hi Romie,

The G.J. Gardner Homes Vic/Tas Head Office can be contacted on 03 9338 5588 to discuss any concerns you may have.

Jess, G.J. Gardner Homes Vic/Tas

Quintuplet5

Quintuplet5asked

VIC

Does anyone have any experience building with G.J Gardener Pakenham ?

Leen Lasked

G.J. Gardner Homes

We found that the roof of the laundry was leaking water. And we have been told that the vent pipe needs to be resealed on to the tiles. Is it included in the 7 year warranty? Can we get G.J. Gardner to fix it up?

Hi Leen

Thanks for reaching out.
Can you advise if you have made contact with the G.J. Gardner Homes office that you built your home with in relation to this issue?

Hi Andrew,

We have contacted the office. They said it was only had 2 year warranty. Our house is 3 years now. They said they would not do anything. But when we showed it to the local plumber, he thought thst GJ should fix it up for us.

Hi Leen
Can you tell us which office you built with?
Also can you please provide your full name and a contact number. We will pass on your details to the State team for you to further this subject matter.

Noni H

Noni Hasked

G.J. Gardner Homes

I wish to build in rural NSW and found a fabulous design from WA. I've made several changes to the design and the company has implied that as we are so far away we could build the house. But I can't find anyone who will build that particular house. I am also amazed that the building price difference is about $200K on the east coast, but I can accept that. But nobody wants to build the house that I want to live in. Are GJG builders confined to GJG designs only?

Hi Noni
If you can confirm the suburb/postcode you are seeking to build in, we can connect you with the relevant G.J. Gardner Homes office to assist you further.
G.J. Gardner Homes has hundreds of home designs in their portfolio, and we can make customisations to these designs or explore a complete custom design.
It's worth noting that builders can not build any home design a customer brings to them. There are copyrights on home designs and the respective builders who own these designs have exclusivity to building these houses.

Archie

Archieasked

NSW

Hi G. J. Gardner - do you build homes in Sydney’s Inner West?

Hi Archie, yes we do.
Please go to our website and enter in the suburb you are seeking to build in and the GJ's office for that area will appear.

Archie22

Archie22asked

NSW

Hi - does GJ build homes in SYDNEY’S INNER WEST?

Michelle.H

Michelle.Hasked

QLD

Could you tell me the cost to change from a classic facade to an urban facade for a coolum 225, Thank you.

Michelle

Steph E.G.J. Gardner Homes

Hey Michelle, it's best to contact your local GJ Gardner Franchise for this information as it could potentially differ depending on the office. The best bet is to jump on our website and see who is your closest office and contact them for more info :)

www.gjgardner.com.au

Yoyo

Yoyoasked

VIC, Melbourne East

Any Gj team near Dandenong who built in clyde? Thank you

Jess M.G.J. Gardner Homes

Hi, Thanks for reaching out.
Our G.J. Gardner Homes Pakenham team would be able to help - their contact number is (03) 9938 8269.

Jess Morris, G.J. Gardner Homes Vic/Tas

Samer

Samerasked

G.J. Gardner Homes

I need to know if I have a block small land for 300 m2, Can I build 2 small unit or townhouse side by side or there are other factors thanks

Hi Samer
There are many variables to any home build. We would recommend that you reach out to the G.J. Gardner Homes office in the area you are seeking to build in and they can assess the situation and provide you with possibilities and next steps.

AntonyDasked

G.J. Gardner Homes

I'm interested in a compact, 4 bedroom house with an 8 star rating. Thermal efficiency is very important - warm in winter, cool in summer, with minimal energy required - just intelligent design. Can G.J Gardner make any of its smaller single storey 4 bedroom designs to an 8 Star rating? Approximately how much extra would it cost? Assume the block allows optimal north facing orientation.

Hi Anthony

Thanks for reaching out.
Can we please request the location you are seeking to build in so as we can connect you with the local GJs office.
From here they will be able to work with you to explore designs that can meet your desired requirements.

AntonyD

Southern Victoria - sorry I can't be more specific yet. However I think this type of thing should be very visible as an option on your website, to prompt people's thinking in this direction. Not just G.J Gardner, but all volume builders. We live in a 6 star house now, and we still spend a lot on gas and electricity. You really should offer 8 Stars as a standard upgrade, at least on all your smaller houses - you'd be doing people and the environment a favour.

Hi Anthony

When our customers build with us, we build the house they are seeking to specifications they require.
The land and how it is positioned is a major factor in determining the home design that will complement the efficiency points you have raised.
G.J. Gardner Homes is a franchise network of builders, so collectively we build allot of homes, making us fall into the volume builder category. However we don’t just pump out the same standard designs over and over.

Our process is to listen to what you want and work out how to get you there.
You will need to reach out to one of our offices direct in the area you are considering.https://www.gjgardner.com.au/home-builders/

Also check out this article that also might be of interest to you.

John Townshend

John Townshendasked

hi
can you pls confirm who provides the concrete for your home slabs on the Sunshine Coast Qld
thanks

LLe
LLe

You might want to contact GJ Gardner direct on the Sunhine Coast on (07) 5478 4144. I am only a satisfied customer on the South Coast of NSW.

Hi John
G.J. Gardner Homes is a franchise network of builders. Each Franchise uses local suppliers to their area.
We suggest if you have questions relating to a particular area, that you reach out to the relevant G.J. Gardner Homes office as they will be able to answer your questions.

Fat Fighter

Fat Fighterasked

G.J. Gardner Homes

We are considering building with GJ Gardner Wonthaggi. We have always been terrified to build as we have heard and read a lot of nightmares. This franchise seems to have mostly good reviews. We do want to make some changes to the design. Any good/bad experiences with the Wonthaggi team? Your input is appreciated.

Hi There

Thank you for reaching out.
There are 20 reviews for this particular franchise we welcome you to review via the link below (please note that Bass Coast - Phillip Island is the exact same team as Bass Coast - Wonthaggi).

Our designs are very flexible and we welcome you to customise to accommodate your lifestyle and personal preference.
You can reach out directly to the Wonthaggi office to discuss this process in greater detail:

Best of luck on your home build journey

Rod

Rodasked

G.J. Gardner Homes

Would like to know if anyone has built the Somerset 513 and what their experience was like?

Regards Rod

Troy R.asked

G.J. Gardner Homes

Can someone please confirm if there is a GJ branch other than GJ Hume that can build in Beveridge, VIC?

Hi Troy
The Hume G.J. Gardner Homes office services the area you have referenced.
Is there a particular reason this office does not accommodate your requirements?

Troy R.

Please provide your direct phone number and I am more than happy to call and explain

Hi Troy,

Thanks for reaching out.
Please feel free to give our Vic/Tas Head Office a call on 03 9338 5588 should you wish to discuss further.

Jess, G.J. Gardner Homes Vic/Tas

Trinaasked

G.J. Gardner Homes

Hi, at what stage of the process with GJ Gardner would I normally get itemised variations? I mean, if I had a quote, and then made additions / deletions, would those deletions additions be itemised? If I had already paid my 3000$ deposit, would variations to the original quote then be itemised?

My variations were all done at the beginning of the project. There were no variations after the building had commenced. I would go back and see your new home sales person and ask them.

Hi Trina
Thank you for reaching out.
Can we ask which G.J. Gardner office your are presently working with?

Trina

Hi Andrew, does it vary from franchise to franchise ? Leesa Maree, can I ask at which stage you got your costed variations? Was it before your colour consult or after? Thx

Tiffany I.

Tiffany I.asked

G.J. Gardner Homes

Land price $159,000 alone with house package price $100,000 alone together total $259,000 right?

Hi Tiffany
Thanks for reaching out.
Is the house and land you are referencing listed as a G.J. Gardner house and land package or have you found a block of of land thats price is $159K?
There will always be variables when it comes to the costing of building a home adn the block of land that a home is built on usually provides the most variables.
Have you been in contact with your local G.J. Gardner office to discuss the block of land in question?
If not we certainly recommend that you do.
Here is a helpful article that can assist you in preparing for discussing a home build with any builder https://blog.gjgardner.com.au/58-essential-questions-to-ask-a-builder/

L BZ

L BZasked

G.J. Gardner Homes

OMG, with these reviews/comments (1 star) - in process of buy & build but looks pretty scary!!

Hi L BZ
I guess if you only focus on the negative experiences that have been had, then that's all you will see. We have over 850, 5 start reviews from customers that reflect a very different experience to the 39 that have not been satisfied with their experience.
Each and every home build is different as each and every home is built to a customer personalisation. Nothing about this process is cookie cutter and whilst we do acknowledge that we are not perfect, our feedback from customers overwhelmingly tells a positive story.
At the end of the day you need to feel comfortable with whomever you choose to go down this path with, and we absolutely encourage you to do as much homework on the process and what you are looking for, before you sign anything.
Check out this article to assist you in understanding what you need to know:

BrittyJasked

G.J. Gardner Homes

Why does it cost $8.5k to increase ceilings in a 187sqm house plan?

Hi BrittyJ
Without knowing the specifics of the house plan it’s difficult to comment.
Did you obtain this quote through a GJ office?

BrittyJ

Yes, I've been back and forth, many appointments. We've been finalizing a quote that I'm could be happy with, but finding it hard. Details are the oceanside 187 floor plan with beach facade of the nova plan in Express inclusions. Building in Gol gol NSW with mildura branch.
I just don't understand there is minimum over a 5k difference to other volume builders.
I watched as he entered the information, so I know there's price for internal and external height increases and that it's worked out by measurements.
2.7 height ceiling is a must have for me, so at that price GJ Gardner will be a no go, which is unfortunate for the sales rep and I who have put in a lot of time.

Hi BrittyJ

Again not knowing all the history of your experience we can only go by the info presented.

The home build industry is notorious for being vague when it comes to the quoting of a home. At GJs we try to be upfront and honest in all facets of your quote.
Many builders do not provide line item details in their quotes so the “savings” you could be seeing are simply being moved around.
You also need to ensure the home design structures you are comparing are similar enough to compare the ceiling upgrade differences. (Have you shared the other builder plans and quotes you are referencing with your GJ builder?)

At the end of the day it’s your decision and you need to be comfortable with what you are signing up for.

Frank

Frankasked

G.J. Gardner Homes

Our house was completed by gj gardner in Nov 2017and handover was in nov 2017 in sa. what warrenties do we still have as last night at 11 PM our frameless shower decided to explode while we were sleeping is this covered in warrenty

HI Frank
Have you reached out to your GJ builder regarding this?
Please follow up this enquiry with Sue Dilena who is the SAGerneral Manager as she will be able to assist you.
sue.dilena@gjgardner.com.au