G.J. Gardner Homes Questions & Answers

VIC, NSW, QLD, etc...

293 questions from our users

Frank

Frankasked

Our house was completed by gj gardner in Nov 2017and handover was in nov 2017 in sa. what warrenties do we still have as last night at 11 PM our frameless shower decided to explode while we were sleeping is this covered in warrenty

HI Frank
Have you reached out to your GJ builder regarding this?
Please follow up this enquiry with Sue Dilena who is the SAGerneral Manager as she will be able to assist you.
sue.dilena@gjgardner.com.au

Georgie R.

Georgie R.asked

Price of the longest please

Hi Georgie
Where are you looking to build in Australia?
Happy to connect you with your locka GJ's office so you can further discuss your enquiry.

PATJ

PATJasked

Hi. I'm interested in the Laguna SL 278 and was wondering if it is on display anywhere in Australia? I'm in SA but am willing to travel to see it. If not on display has it been built anywhere in the last few years? Thanks

Hi PatJ
Unfortunately we do not have a display home built for the Laguna SL 278.
We do have a virtual tour of the home available if you are interested https://www.gjgardner.com.au/house-designs/laguna-sl-278-17809

Nettie

Nettieasked

NSW, Wagga Wagga

Hi, what is the average cost for a 23sqm 3 bed 2 bathroom home. I realise there are a lot of variables but ballpark would help us decide whether to build or buy established. Thank you

Cassie C.G.J. Gardner Homes

Hi Nettie, due to so many variables, unfortunately we cannot give a ball park figure.
We work on fixed price quotes to ensure there are no hidden surprises. It would be best to contact our local Wagga Wagga office on 02 6931 0256 to discuss your budget, your wants and needs. We'd love to work with you to fit within your budget, while delivering a home you can be proud of for many years to come. Look forward to speaking with you. :)

Meng F.

Meng F.asked

VIC, Melbourne North West (Essendon)

do you do knock down and rebuild?

Jess M.G.J. Gardner Homes

Hi Meng,

We certainly do!
Please feel free to give the office a call on 03 9351 0307 to further discuss your new home.

Kind regards,
Jess Morris,
G.J. Gardner Homes Vic/Tas

Charlie

Charlieasked

QLD

We are looking at building in Maroochydore or Yandina and choosing a builder at the moment. Does anyone have up to date reviews of GJ Gardner Sunshine Coast North for Yandina or South for Maroochydore. How do they compare with Coral or Plantation homes?

Steph E.G.J. Gardner Homes

Hi Charlie,
I won't speak on behalf of the clients but each office has a page on here dedicated to reviews for their area, perhaps ask one of them? Sunshine Coast South has had two reviews as recently as a few weeks ago so I'm confident they would respond to you if you asked them anything you needed to :)

Thanks, best of luck in your building journey.

Steph E.G.J. Gardner Homes

Charlie we have a client from the Noosa office willing to have a chat with you directly if you like? I won't provide their details on a public forum so if you could email me directly, I will provide you their contact details.

steph.ellery@gjgardner.com.au

Thanks,

Sjwasked

My partner and I had paid the $3000 for the soil testing, site contours and selections to be conducted. However we were unaware of council regulations regarding site setbacks which meant the house we chose will not fit on the block to council regulations unless applying for an exemption which we don't want to do otherwise the house will be an eyesore. As this was a huge over site by GJ Gardner as multiple people had looked at the house on the block and we had discussed site positioning multiple times and setbacks not being to regulations never coming into question. It is not our responsibilty to know council regulations it is the builders hence why you go through companies with 'experience' to navigate these issue. It was only out of luck a friend of mine had picked up on it when showing him the plans on the site. We then decided not to proceed to contract due to this and also due to the lack of transparency in the quote. I requested a refund of the cost of soil testing and site contours as we had not received these reports in accordance with what is set out in the 'Authorisation to proceed' form to which I was replied with quite rudely and then just ignored. Why are we not entitled to a refund even though the authorisation to proceed letter states any costs incurred by GJ Gardner will be deducted from the deposit should we not proceed to contract. I have requested for the reports multiple times and was told they don't have them so why are we not entitled to a refund for these items? Or is this just plain false advertising? We had Also arrange most of the selections ourselves with floor coverings, electrical appliances and plumbing this meant less time was needed on GJ Gardner's behalf as we had arranged quotes to be sent to them direct. It is not our issue that GJ Gardner make you do selections etc to get a more accurate estimate. If realistic allowances were used then the initial deposit should only include soil testing and site contours and not kitchen designs and all selections being conducted in the precontract stages. It's not our problem if these items are labour intensive and only $3000 is factored into these items. It is also not our fault GJ do not know council regulations. Thus we should get a refund of anything not done out of inconvenience as if we had of known the house wouldn't have fit without council exemptions we would never have even paid the $3000 to begin with. I look forward to your answer as to whether we are entitled to a refund or if we are just being daylight robbed.

Dave

Hi Sjw, My experience was different to yours in many ways so you may not find satisfaction in what I am about to say. I hope I am not stating the obvious but GJ Gardner Homes are franchised to different building companies for different areas and service quality may vary from builder to builder so I can only speak about our franchisee. The home plan we originally chose would not suit the block we had purchased so a very helpful staff member did her homework and suggested a different floor plan that would suit us. We then paid the $3000 as agreed for site plans, received all the paperwork as promised and building commenced. We made alterations to the original plans (known as variations) before we signed contracts. Each and every variation was costed and listed in my contract. Transparency was obvious at every step of the way. I was allowed regular planned visits during construction and some minor changes were made at no extra cost to myself. Everything about our experience differs to your own It seems there has been an unfortunate break in communication at the outset which has resulted in your disappointing experience.
Consulting state legislation or building authorities may help. Legal advice may also be warranted but that will probably leave you further out of pocket. The state ombudsman may also be able to help.

Sjw

Thanks Dave for your reply. It seems like you found a franchisee that knew council regulations unlike ours. Ours had ensured us the house would fit on the block. I mean it did fit however not to council regulations so it technically did not fit to our specific block (corner block). They did not inform us at all that we will have to apply for council setback exemptions and this would cost extra money if we were to proceed with the $3000. They basically said it could be built on the block easily with no issues. So with that we were confident in the plans we had chosen with their input and proceeded with the $3000 then to later only find out the house does not fit on the block as told.

Deborah Hodgson

Deborah Hodgsonasked

NSW

How long dos JGGardener cover building for builders insurance

Dave

Rather than relate what I think the builders insurance responsibilities are you could search the state building codes and find a copy of the standard building contracts .
You can always ask your local GJ Gardner franchisee.

Cassie C.G.J. Gardner Homes

The statutory time frame for NSW under icare (the states insurance care scheme) is 6 years.
For information regarding how this works you can visit their website: https://www.icare.nsw.gov.au/Government%20agencies/Our%20funds%20and%20schemes/Home%20Building%20Compensation%20Fund/#gref

Potential customer

Potential customerasked

TAS, Hobart West

Can you please tell me your current experience with G J Gardner Homes Hobart West? There must be more than 6 people who they have dealt with.

Thank you.

Helen Spira

Helen Spiraasked

NT, Darwin

Could someone contact me about house and land packages in Darwin.
Helen on 0412127851

Fathima

Fathimaasked

Are there any reviews from people who you guys have built for in Gladstone, QLD. Looking to build there soon. Need to see what people have taught of your builds.

ChrisG.J. Gardner Homes

Hi Fathima, yes we have a few reviews for Gladstone (there is a tricky little filter on this site to show just one area)
Or just follow this link - https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/gj-gardner-homes-qld-gladstone

Best regards
Eddie Kimmerly

Raj

Rajasked

NSW, Sydney - North (Brookvale)

Hi its Raj here
I have got 357 m2 in Schofields. Trying to build double story with $270k to $310 k . Please suggest me.

Sylvia Jia

Sylvia Jiaasked

QLD

HELLO, I want to build a new house in Gold Coast. Are there one project manager who can speak Chinese?

Stephanie E.G.J. Gardner Homes

Hi there,
We don't have one on staff but if you email Simon Curtis, the General Manager, he will happily organise one for you. His email is Simon.curtis@gjgardner.com.au
Thank you!

maly P.

maly P.asked

Do you build in Sydney, St Ives 2075?

ChrisG.J. Gardner Homes

Hi maly P and thank you for your enquiry! We certainly do build in beautiful St Ives. Could you please either email or call us sydneynorth@gjgardner.com.au 9939 3339 and we can have a chat and maybe even arrange to look at your site to get a greater understanding of your ideas for your new home? Thank you again, hope to talk soon, Mel Lueckl, GJ Gardner Homes Sydney North

Virginia K

Virginia Kasked

VIC, Geelong

Do you do a knock down rebuild. We are wanting to build a double storey, reverse living.Our views are elevated and @ the rear in Rippleside Geelong

Tracey W.
Tracey W.

I’m a customer of GJ Gardner so cant answer this question. You could contact them in their office. Look up GJ Gardner Gold Coast.

Jess M.G.J. Gardner Homes

Hi Virginia,

Thanks for your enquiry, the Geelong team would be happy to discuss your requirements, please see their contact details below:

03 5221 1447
228 Moorabool St, Geelong, Vic 3220

Kind regards,
Jess Morris, G.J. Gardner Homes Vic/Tas

Marnel

Marnelasked

Is the C J Gardiner homes in Melbourne Victoria Australia? and do they do the renovation alteration work as well?

winnie Q

winnie Qasked

Do you build duplex double storey building

Una
Una

No my build was single storey

Maddi T.G.J. Gardner Homes

Hi Winnie,
Yes we do, it depends on local laws and site conditions if a double storey is suitable :)

Kate.P

Kate.Pasked

How do I know if the franchisee at Billys Outlook is solvent , in the light of the North Ipswich going bankrupt and taking clients money. I am in the process of contracting for a build and i want to know how safe is my investment

Stephanie E.G.J. Gardner Homes

Hi Kate,
While we share a brand name, the Ipswich builder has nothing to do with any other GJ Franchise business and is not connected in any way. As a franchise every G.J. Gardner Homes is owned and operated individually by local builders. The closure of Ipswich is an isolated incident within our national network.
We are Australia's number one more rated Home Builder for a reason and the team at Billys Outlook will be able to prove that first hand if you reach out.
We appreciate the fear in this instance as it's a big journey to take but we can assure you, G.J. Gardner Homes is here to stay.

Julie Rasked

SA, Onkaparinga

Why is it that GJ Gardner withdrew there franchise arrangement with GJ Gardner Onkaparinga 1 day before they closed for business? What happened to "GJ+ Commitment to You"?

G.J. Gardner H.G.J. Gardner Homes

Hi Julie
Thanks for question. Our commitment to you is strong and will give you a call today as I know you will have some questions. Sue General Manager G.J. Gardner Homes South Australia

Hi Sue,
Two months later and no commitment, just talk. For the leaking roof I was directed to the tradesman who built the roof who wasnt paid.. Roof still leaks. Where is "GJ+Commtment to You"? Still not as advertised.

Sue D.G.J. Gardner Homes

Hi Julie
My apologies for any concerns you have. At G.J. Gardner Homes your happiness in your new home is very important to us and we want to work with you to resolve your concerns . Please do not hesitate to contact Kris or myself to work through this with you. Sue Dilena G.J. Gardner Homes South Australia General Manager

Unhappy customerasked

Does anyone have advice on how to get GJ Gardner to actually build your house? We are 12 months in and only have a frame. The house was meant to be finished in November. We are given excuse after excuse as to why but the reality is that someone is on site at best a day a week. We are running out of ideas and seriously contemplating using local media contacts in the hope something will actually get done!! This had been the most disappointing and stressful experience.

Maddi T.G.J. Gardner Homes

Hi,
I'm very sorry to hear this. Which G.J. Gardner are you building with and what area are you building?

Peter L.G.J. Gardner Homes

Hi There, we are eager to assist you here and are troubled by your comment. If you could let me know which region you are building I will be able to investigate and assist you further.
Kind Regards,
General Manager
G.J. Gardner Homes Australia.

Unhappy customer

Can you please provide me with a number to call to discuss this?

Get an answer from our members and G.J. Gardner Homes representatives