G.J. Gardner Homes

G.J. Gardner Homes Questions & Answers

ACT, NSW, NT, Darwin, QLD, SA and 3 more

285 questions from our users

Can you please tell me your current experience with G J Gardner Homes Hobart West? There must be more than 6 people who they have dealt with. Thank you.

Could someone contact me about house and land packages in Darwin. Helen on 0412127851

Are there any reviews from people who you guys have built for in Gladstone, QLD. Looking to build there soon. Need to see what people have taught of your builds.
Hi Fathima, yes we have a few reviews for Gladstone (there is a tricky little filter on this site to show just one area) Or just follow this link - https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/gj-gardner-homes-qld-gladstone Best regards Eddie Kimmerly

Hi its Raj here I have got 357 m2 in Schofields. Trying to build double story with $270k to $310 k . Please suggest me.

HELLO, I want to build a new house in Gold Coast. Are there one project manager who can speak Chinese?
Hi there, We don't have one on staff but if you email Simon Curtis, the General Manager, he will happily organise one for you. His email is Simon.curtis@gjgardner.com.au Thank you!

Do you build in Sydney, St Ives 2075?
Hi maly P and thank you for your enquiry! We certainly do build in beautiful St Ives. Could you please either email or call us sydneynorth@gjgardner.com.au 9939 3339 and we can have a chat and maybe even arrange to look at your site to get a greater understanding of your ideas for your new home? Thank you again, hope to talk soon, Mel Lueckl, GJ Gardner Homes Sydney North

Do you do a knock down rebuild. We are wanting to build a double storey, reverse living.Our views are elevated and @ the rear in Rippleside Geelong
I’m a customer of GJ Gardner so cant answer this question. You could contact them in their office. Look up GJ Gardner Gold Coast.Hi Virginia, Thanks for your enquiry, the Geelong team would be happy to discuss your requirements, please see their contact details below: 03 5221 1447 228 Moorabool St, Geelong, Vic 3220 Kind regards, Jess Morris, G.J. Gardner Homes Vic/Tas

Is the C J Gardiner homes in Melbourne Victoria Australia? and do they do the renovation alteration work as well?

Do you build duplex double storey building
No my build was single storeyHi Winnie, Yes we do, it depends on local laws and site conditions if a double storey is suitable :)

How do I know if the franchisee at Billys Outlook is solvent , in the light of the North Ipswich going bankrupt and taking clients money. I am in the process of contracting for a build and i want to know how safe is my investment
Hi Kate, While we share a brand name, the Ipswich builder has nothing to do with any other GJ Franchise business and is not connected in any way. As a franchise every G.J. Gardner Homes is owned and operated individually by local builders. The closure of Ipswich is an isolated incident within our national network. We are Australia's number one more rated Home Builder for a reason and the team at Billys Outlook will be able to prove that first hand if you reach out. We appreciate the fear in this instance as it's a big journey to take but we can assure you, G.J. Gardner Homes is here to stay.

Why is it that GJ Gardner withdrew there franchise arrangement with GJ Gardner Onkaparinga 1 day before they closed for business? What happened to "GJ+ Commitment to You"?
Hi Julie Thanks for question. Our commitment to you is strong and will give you a call today as I know you will have some questions. Sue General Manager G.J. Gardner Homes South AustraliaHi Sue, Two months later and no commitment, just talk. For the leaking roof I was directed to the tradesman who built the roof who wasnt paid.. Roof still leaks. Where is "GJ+Commtment to You"? Still not as advertised.Hi Julie My apologies for any concerns you have. At G.J. Gardner Homes your happiness in your new home is very important to us and we want to work with you to resolve your concerns . Please do not hesitate to contact Kris or myself to work through this with you. Sue Dilena G.J. Gardner Homes South Australia General Manager

Does anyone have advice on how to get GJ Gardner to actually build your house? We are 12 months in and only have a frame. The house was meant to be finished in November. We are given excuse after excuse as to why but the reality is that someone is on site at best a day a week. We are running out of ideas and seriously contemplating using local media contacts in the hope something will actually get done!! This had been the most disappointing and stressful experience.
Hi, I'm very sorry to hear this. Which G.J. Gardner are you building with and what area are you building?Hi There, we are eager to assist you here and are troubled by your comment. If you could let me know which region you are building I will be able to investigate and assist you further. Kind Regards, General Manager G.J. Gardner Homes Australia.Can you please provide me with a number to call to discuss this?

Hi do you provide concrete floors both downstairs and upstairs? Also where is the closest project homes site from Sydney CBDs? Generally how long does it take to complete a 2 storey house? Thanks Aida [email removed]
Hi Aida, Definitely concrete floor downstairs, but generally timber and/or steel structural frame upstairs, though we can do concrete floor upstairs if required. Sydney West for the display home. Thirty to forty weeks depending on the design complexity. Regards, G.J. Gardner Homes Head OfficeGj will tell you it will take about 9 months. That was what we were told. We are building with them currently and have hit the 12 month mark with only a frame to show for it. I am sure some people get a house built in this time but please be aware there is no guarantee of this and there is little you can do when they take substantially longer

Hi, we are looking to build in NSW, wondering if you do build house in NSW. If y ok you do what sorts of information do you need to start with?
Hi, depending on where you're wanting to build, you will need to speak to a New Homes Consultant and they'll take you through the 4 gates process. Where abouts in NSW are you looking to build? That way i can put you through to the best person. G.J. Gardner Homes Head Office NSW/ACT/WAGj will tell you it will take about 9 months. We have hit the 12 month mark and only have a frame!

Hi guys, has anyone built with GJ in Adelaide? I can't see any reviews that are SA based
Hi Shayne, For South Australian G.J. Garner Homes reviews, please amend the build location filter. Here is a helpful link: https://www.productreview.com.au/p/g-j-gardner-homes.html?pr_front_review_filter%5Bbuild_location%5D=South+Australia&pr_front_review_filter%5Boffice_location%5D=&rating=&sort=&filter_action=filter

I am thinking of having a home built by G.J.Gardner homes Hobart down on The Channel area in Tasmania. Has anyone dealt with tthem? Is it a quality build, do costs end up being what they say they will be.Are they reliable and trustworthy? Thank you
Hi there, We new completely nothing about building a house so we picked GJ Gardner because of the the high scoring reviews they received on this site. The Brisbane North team, from the the first contact through to the post construction follow up, lived up to their reviews. The people were great, the quality of finish was high, and the price matched exactly what they quoted us. GJ Gardner is a franchise and we were handled by the Brisbane North Office. Perhaps someone who dealt with the Tasmanian affiliate would give you a true understanding of what sort of job they would do there.James, I appreciate your time in responding, thank you and I will continue my inquiries!! Enjoy the weekend....There have been several good & 1 terrible-see10/2/2018 by Kaden & Chloe .Not sure if anyone supervises THE FRANCHISE builders, & do you have huge troubles getting faults fixed. Ask for a 12 months general warranty instead of the usual 3 months, plus the 7 year+ structural.Many builders are VERY busy, but also check with consumer affairs.Good luck.

Hi we are looking to build in either Mirboo North or Leongatha. As Mirboo North has a bushfire bal covenant. How much more is added to the base price of the construction? At the moment we are looking for open plan homes similar to the Tasmania. Also what other house plans do you have that offer that open living option for the kitchen living dining etc. Apologies but I'm not tech savvy and struggled on the website. Both lots we ate looking at are on acreage.
I think our bushfire levy was $13500. There are number of costs that are site specific so speak with the company to get an ideaThankyou for your question Marie, You are absolutely right there can be extra costs depending on the BAL requirements. If you can let me know exactly where you would like to build I will have a look at the BAL for you and give you and indication of how much the costs would be. Please contact Lochlin Wall at GJ Gardner Warragul on 0435737000 and I would love to help.

Has anyone built the Oakdale 232 with GJ?

Has anyone recently built with G.J Gardner in Rockbank, VIC? If so, which branch and what was your experience?
Yes I have and they were brilliant. I was really impressed with attention to detail and the finished home looks like a custom build. I work in real estate and when you sell a gj gardener home buyers are often confident with them as builders.We are looking to build in rockbank as well, Bridgefield estate. Maybe we will be neighbours :) we're looking at 5 bedrooms like the Pacific, Coogee and Manhattan.

Hi, is it GJ Gardner policy to pay the final payment upfront before the house is even started?
Hi AussieFrog, you'll have to provide a little more detail what you mean? Normally we use the standard industry progress claims set out by the HIA and MBA industry bodies. Often when a buyer has no bank security behind them (i.e. a cash buyer) we'll ask for some sort of proof and security that you actually have the finances to complete the build (for your own sake as well as ours!). Best regards, EddieHi Eddie, yes I'm self funded, I realise that GJ Gardner want a guarantee, but where's the guarantee for the customer, what if the last inspection is not satisfactory? They might turn around and ignore my request as they have been paid! The contact doesn't stipulate that the final payment has to be paid up front, and according to consumer affairs, department of justice, this is an illegal demand. I already send my bank statement to show that the money is available. Very disappointed with this issue.Thanks for mentioning this AussieFrog, we are currently looking at building with GJG, and also self funded. After building previously with a company that went into liquidation, we will not pay final payment in advance, looks like i have to take GJG off my list, shame...

Get an answer from our members and G.J. Gardner Homes representatives