2Grey Army

Grey Army Questions & Answers

Anne
Anne

Hello,
I am in Rosebud and would like a quote for a front fence with gates please. I like the wooden fence with exposed beams but am open to suggestions that fall within my budget. I have been told the length is approximately 14 metres, including driveway. Many thanks

Lee
Lee

I am looking to receive a quote for a retaining wall. I don't mind which materials are used (eg sleepers or blocks). The wall would be 16 metres long and tapers to a maximum height of 2 metres. If I could get some assistance that would be great.

missy Y
missy Y

Im a bit uncertain about painter. Ive taken for an idiot a couple of times recently, so Im beginning to doubt my competency in organising this job. Its quite a big painting job. The quotes okay, but he I had the quote and the next day revived 2 phone calls and an sms.
How do I know this guy is as competent as he tells me he is

Grey Army   DM

All Grey Army members are inducted with us make sure that your quote is detailed and that you both sign this before he commences. Call our office during business hours and we will be able to answer your questions in more detail. Thank you

JulieC
JulieC

I need a handyman to hang paintings on walls. Does Robert Fallace do this work?
His review was good.

BellaFreddie
BellaFreddie

I don't know.

Grey Army   DM

If you call our office 13 11 98 and ask for Robert we can organise this for you Thank You

Jan L
Jan L

I have several smallish jobs i need doing: installing a length of guttering along one part of the roof; installing some flashing between house and porch roof; checking porch support posts for rot, and repairing them; removing, but not replacing another short piece of guttering; also probably installing ? flashing high up on the roof, where there appears to be a leak maybe due to wind damage.
I am on the pension so cost needs to be a consideration, but i also need to maintain my property.
can you help please?
My previous builder is seriously ill and no longer able to help.
I am in South Frankston
Thankyou
Jan Lumley

Grey Army   DM

Please visit our website external link  and follow the link to request a quote, or alternatively call 131198 during business hours, we will require your full name, address and contact phone number thank you

I need a painter to paint interior of house

I need a painter to paint interior of house

D Greenfield
D Greenfield

Hello Ede, I recommend Sam. Just finished my house interior painting. It's great. The price is fantastic compared to other quotes. Ring grey army and ask Karen, for Sam the painter. He is polite and works quickly. He has 26 years experience. Good luck Ede.
Regards
Nikki Greenfield

Grey Army   DM

Thank you for requesting some work to be done. Would you be able to visit our website external link  and complete the request a job section, or alternatively call 13 11 98 during business hours and provide your full name, address and contact phone number. Sorry for any inconvenience but we require these details so we can refer this to your Grey Army Office that looks after your state. They will then refer this to a local grey army member who will contact you and arrange a free written quotation.

Cora
Cora

I need my 7 roses pruned. Can anyone does this in Ballarat Nt. And how much it will cost me? My mobile no. is [moblie number removed]. Pleasre reply asap thanks

Grey Army   DM

Good morning, we have a Grey Army office in Ballarat, please call 13 11 98 and provide your details, they will organise a local gardener to call you to arrange a visit. We provide free quotes.

Barb
Barb

Do the Grey Army do concreting work? I want a kerbing built around my lawn before stones are laid on the other side; can you please let me know if you do this work. It is around 17 metres in length. Thank you.

Barbara [number removed]

Grey Army   DM

Good morning, this is a trade that we are quite limited with. If you call 13 11 98 this will put you in contact with your local Grey Army office and they will be able to assist you with your request. Thank you

Christopher
Christopher

I need a quote for powerboard upgrade must be able to supply certificate for insurance fairfieldwest nsw

Grey Army   DM

Please visit our website external link  and follow the links to request a quote, we provide qualified tradesmen who are able to provide you certificates

Steff
Steff

Do you do gardening?

Grey Army   DM

Grey Army provide this service, please visit our web site and follow the links to lodge a job, thank you

John
John

one person required to clean a church on monthly basis. It may require 2.5 to 3 hours. Please give a quote

Grey Army   DM

Thank you for your question. We provide domestic cleaners in some areas of Australia. Please call 13 11 98 during business hours and speak to our customer service team. They will be able to let you know. When you call our national phone number, this puts you in touch with your local Grey army office.

Rusty
Rusty

Hi, my mum is due to have the exterior of her house painted very soon by two fellas from the Grey Army. The price seems quite reasonable just wondering what other peoples reviews of their homes painted would be? Did they do a good job?

Doug Preece

Ask the GA how long the contractors have been with the Grey army for. If they are new be wary, if over 1 year then they will be trust worthy.

amanda

Just be aware the grey army itself takes no responsibility for the work performed under their name

Susan
Susan

Would the Grey Army do a small job such as changing a light globe?

I you do, what would the charge be for a pensioner? Do you have tradesman on call on the weekends and how soon would you be able to fix it after being called? We are going away and usually do these things for our elderly neighbour as she worries about being oft without a light.

Thank you!

vickiflynn
vickiflynn

Surely another neighbor could look in on her.

Judy

I am so pleased I have read these reviews however there must be some other people who have had better experiences. I would like to find someone who is willing to do small jobs and then if they are willing and good more work will come their way. The good ones have so much work they are hard to get. Are there any recommendations for Canberra?

not happy
not happy

don't bother Judy!!....just don't.

Judy

I have my answers and I won't be contacting the Grey Army and sticking with people who are recommended even for a slightly higher fee. Taking advantage of pensioners is terrible and older people - I definitely won't be contacting the Grey Army - thanks everyone for the advice.

Doug Preece

This is not my experience Judy. We have used the grey army on many ocassions here in melbourne with great satisfaction. I would suggest asking for them to send you either a franchisee or an experienced tradesperson, not someone new to the organisation.

lucy
lucy

Stop assuming all Trades people are the same, would you like someone to bad mouth your Career? I think Not. Sick to death of it, give it a rest!

Moss
Moss

I was thinking of ringing GA to get a small job done but after reading these letters I wouldn't touch them with a 40 ft.pole. Thanks for your advice everyone.

Judy

To Lucy - we are not assuming all Trades people are the same we are hoping for some positive feedback and experiences. I could give a page full of experiences so if you have had a good experience and recommendation please share it with us that is what this forum is about. If you read other replies you will see that there are some very happy with the trades but that was in a different State to me. Please share your recommendations

Kirky

How do I access my private messages?

J.Jenkinson
J.Jenkinson

I'm not sure i know what this question is about - can you be more specific?

Hi,

I got a PM from Grey Army which had a phone number on it that I am trying to find. I accidently deleted the message from my Ipad and I am trying to locate the message on Product Review but there doesnt seem to be any area for Private Messages on there site.

Any help you can give would be appreciated as I would like to contact this guy.

Cheers

Kirky

How do I register to write a reveiw?

Sue
Sue

Go to top right menu and it says Write a Review

Stuart. Johnston
Stuart. Johnston

How do I join I'm a plumber

Rob
Rob

I have no idea just contacted them through the Net. to do a small plastering job for me. The plasterer who quoted had retired and getting on in years and only wanted to do small jobs which mine was. the full time plasterers were not interested as the job was too small or they wanted an arm and leg for their service. The service by the Fray Army was excellent by the way.

I can't see to many plasterers being able to work full time until they are seventy.

Get an answer from our members and Grey Army representatives