Holden Captiva CG Series II 7 LX
Part of Holden Captiva 2.8

Holden Captiva CG Series II 7 LX (2011-2013) Questions & Answers

Andrea T.
Andrea T. · CG Series II 7 LX (2011-2013)

Can someone please tell me what the engine light with an arrow facing down on my dashboard means

Murrel B.
Murrel B. · CG Series II 7 LX (2011-2013)

Where is the transmission dip stick situated

Bobtail Dobermann
Bobtail Dobermann

Like many Holdens they do not have a dip stick for the transmission, I believe the transmission fluids are checked by unscrewing a bolt on the side of the transmission. They do not want people to be able to fill or check their own transmission levels. So they need to be done by a service center a real pain.

Alan T.
Alan T. · CG Series II 7 LX (2011-2013)

Show how the tail shaft workings?

Dharminder S.
Dharminder S. · CG Series II 7 LX (2011-2013)

My Captiva screen shows outside temperature 53c even I just started therefore when I turned off same time it’s engine cooling fan goes on for 5 minutes.

David B.

Dharminder did you find out what the fault was as I am experiencing the same thing ?

Dharminder S.

Yes, it’s system fault. Just off terminal from battery for few minutes and back ON. It will normal after that

Ashley
Ashley

What do you mean by off terminal? Did it permanently fix it? Will an auto electrician be able to fix?

Brian Morris
Brian Morris · CG Series II 7 LX (2011-2013)

Aircon leaks front floor

Cassandra S.
Cassandra S. · CG Series II 7 LX (2011-2013)

Hi so my Captiva has a few things at the same time
The temp gauge isn’t working
The thermo fan is staying on as soon as you start it and takes minutes to turn off when finished ...
The outside temp is 53 degrees and the Aircon won’t work ..
When I took it to auto electrician he plugged a computer in to check it and all of these issues ceased .... he looked at me funny and said they are all working
So I drove away with my Aircon etc all going ... about a twenty minute drive and limo mode came on ...
I am baffled

walt j.
walt j.

Kai
Kai

Yeah, same problem here. outside temp shows 53 degree. the fan of the aircon outdoor unit is running at the max speed, even though I didn't turn on the air-con

David B.

Just wondering if anyone has found out what the fault was as I am experiencing the same thing ?

Ken G.
Ken G.

Exactly the same problem here 2013 Captiva, with 53 deg showing, fan running after I turn off and the temp gauge not working. Its been intermittent but is currently happening. Anyone work this out?

Jimmy N.

My daughter's captiva has the same issue. I plugged in a tester and the error P128 which says the thermostat is sticky. That will be the next on my to do list to replace the thermostat.

Rahul
Rahul

My Holden captiva 7 got same air con issues, the temp shows 53 degree, air con stopped working and no cool air... couldn't find reason and air con works again when I arrive car repair shop and try to fix the issues. Just wondering what fixed your issue?

Jimmy N.

I didn't replace the thermostat bas planned. Furthe diagnostic lead me to disconnect the outside ambient air sensor and the reading on the panel jumped to 53 degrees. So I replaced it and it was working fine for a few days, then the same issue. Another bloke said I should replace the control unit on the dash. Keep you posted if I find the remedy.

karlstack
karlstack · CG Series II 7 LX (2011-2013)

engine revs will not engage drive auto model
next day all fine no codes on computer what coul it be

Shannon J.
Shannon J. · CG Series II 7 LX (2011-2013)

I just got a Holden Captiva 2011 deisle bland the touch screen only ever came on once doesn't anymore also the air con doesn't seem to wanna work either nw, any advise

Lew
Lew · CG Series II 7 LX (2011-2013)

captiva 2011 - 120,000km. has had transmission replaced at 90000km.
question - looks like its going again - is it worth putting in a complete recon engine...? or just get rid of it...?

jake k.
jake k. · CG Series II 7 LX (2011-2013)

Did they have plastic or alloy rocker cover?

Lennie B.
Lennie B. · CG Series II 7 LX (2011-2013)

Engine oil has drained into gearbox & and gearbox fluid and engine oil is leaking at bottom of gearbox. Won't go into gear, engine still runs.

TVD.
TVD. · CG Series II 7 LX (2011-2013)

My captiva was starting its own engine, revving itself then turning its self off again. All while the lights outside and inside would flash. Has anyone else experience this? I have a 2012 automatic

Graham
Graham · CG Series II 7 LX (2011-2013)

The orange car symbol with the spammer in it stays on took it to a golden dealer he reset it stayed of for about 3weeks now back on any ideas

Get an answer from our members and Holden representatives

Select a listing for your question
Holden Captiva CG Series II 7 LX (2011-2013)