Holden Commodore VZ

78 questions from our users

Jolly

Jollyasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

Should I wait for my car to finish system check before starting

Allison

Allison asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

Radio is not turning off when I shut the drivers side door so is causing the battery to go flat?

Pete b

Pete basked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

When driving a vz commodore 2004 my dash board stops working battery light n other lights on.bottom show up put foot down n its returns to normal any ideas oh n a red wire the that gors into a plastic round tube with fuse is snapped is it hard to replace please help

Michael

Michaelasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

Left reverse light not working changed globe and it still is not working

Jarrod W.

Jarrod W.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

I've got a 05 crewman storm and the stock radio keeps asking for the security code and after I put it in it starts blinking than shuts off after a minute.
anyone got any ideas on what it possibly could be?
cheers in advance

aldo

aldoasked

holden statesman 2005 wl
my email home863677@gmail.com.
i wish to know to disable the radio from showing from the dashboard screen.
i use the dashboard screen to show the speed o meter.
but if some change the radio station , it cancels the speed o meter and show the radio settings.
i like to remove the radio reading from the dashboard screen.

Paris P
Paris P

I think in the dash settings you may be able to turn it off. When you put the key into the ignition don't turn the engine on. Just turn on accessories and wait for the dash to ask you to enter the menu and follow the prompts.

Jo K.

Jo K.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

Hi there, I have VZ Commodore sedan battery went completely flat, I've charged it started the car now its showing srs air bag fault. Is this normal? Will the srs airbag fault go away once battery charged?

Shellharbour F.

Shellharbour F.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

having promblems with vz 2005 commodore sometimes i go to start it and theres nothing its like the immoblize is on buy the time i mess around with the key trying to get to flashing pad lock off i go to start it then it sounds like its a flat battery
some people are telling me i have to get the key re coded and some are saying its the battery

Chooks
Chooks

Check the earth connections.

BACTERIAPHAGE M.

Hate to tell mate but your ecm is failing. There is an internal earth that is failing. Next time it wont start try this pull out the start relay and bridge two of the pins with a peice of wire with your keys on the run position. The car will start... another tell tale sign is the dash saying very low fuel or fuel gauge error contact dealer. Even when there is plenty of fuel in the tank.
If this is the case your ecm will not be long for this world... sorry.

Benjamin B.

Benjamin B.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

Just disconnected gas off my vz Commodore now won't start

Michael B.

Michael B.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

My vz commodore ute has low fuel warning light come up on dash when I know i have full tank when this happens I turn key to start and nothing happen doesn't even wind over
I take negative battery terminal off of battery pump my brakes till they are hard turn light switch on for 10 seconds turn them off reconnect terminal and then it starts any ideas on what is causing this any ideas would be appreciated

Victoria B.

Victoria B.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

when i lock the car the left hand lights stay on .this only happens when the weather is hot.

BACTERIAPHAGE M.

Body control module internal indicator relay has failed. Easy repair

jack a.

jack a.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

The instrument panel lights in my Holden VF 2014 ute keep turning off and on while I am driving. What is causing this Please?

Jay.g

Jay.gasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

I have a automatic 2005 vz ssz ute, tried doing a burnout on my mates pad but wont skid, with foot on brake and foot flat on gas she will only rev upto about 1500rpm and kind of shutters when letting of the brake like traction control is kicking in but the ute doesnt have traction control in it I've been told it's because its has some sort of anti abuse programmed into it? But got told it will skid if you pull out the abs fuse, any ideas on how to get it to skid. Cheers

Abuse mode om the tcm.

Darryl G.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

I changed fuel filter on vz cmmodore now won’t start says low fuel

Peter B.
Peter B.

try the filter the other way round .. fitting

Darryl G.

I try the filter both ways

Darryl G.

Start by relay by pass start

Craig M.

Craig M.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

VZ Commodore with a dead instrument cluster after disconnecting battery.
Possibly a communication error with PIM? anybody had this?

Failed ipc

Kat

Katasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

Noisey noisey motor when first stary

Gary H.
Gary H.

Alloytecs can be noisy *IF*you get the horrid timing chains problem where they rattle on start-up.
Otherwise, Alloytecs are silent engines; only the SIDI DI engines in VF Commodores are truly silent and quiet running.
Reference: https://www.vacc.com.au/TechOnlineV2/Article/1457f46c-1ce2-4617-b584-2ab9a7cf8c69

Sarah E

Please ensure stereo volume is turned up to the maximum possible setting before attempting to start the vehicle. This is vital.

Timing chains

Frankie

Frankieasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

I have a 2005 Automatic VZ Calais and just recently the transmission has started acting up. When the car is cold it drives and changes gears fine but once the car warms up then my car wont shift into gears even though the dash says it has. Ive already checked the transmission oil and its fine. i need answers?????

Sarah E

Explain in your own words, what you mean when you claim the transmission oil is "fine" please

Trans is stuffed sorrry

Mick.L

Mick.Lasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

I changed battery and now have low idle,nearly stalls and reverset has no power.It is a ss with Ls1.

William
William

Hi Mick, I read that you're having problems with your Holden Commodore VZ particularly with the "low idle, stall" which could likely be a computer problem (mix up) after you've "changed the battery", (I'm wondering if your vehicle is coded with a 4 digit number? and is the main centre screen on dash showing any message asking for the code?) Or it could be your computer may need to be remapped (tune) and if you've tried that and it hasn't worked, maybe your car needs to "relearn the idle"and best advice is to take it to a trusted Holden dealer.

BACTERIAPHAGE M.

Wrong advice complete nonsense. Disregard... clean throttle body with correct cleaner and clean rag. Perform throttle body re learn with tech 2 or equivalemt scan tool and then reset long term fuel trims. The above advice is a classic example of someone saying something that doesnt even have any basis in reality. NOTHING said there is even POSSIBLE on that car they simply do NOT do what he has described. I have programmed over 1000 VZ v6 alloy techs over 1000 cars easily. This is how I make my living. Sorry the tb relearn does exist so the last thing he mentioned is likely the actual problem but all that other stuff is tosh...battery mixing up the computer. .bah NEVER has the bosch ME9.5 had this happem to it. A short to positive will more than likely completely fry it but you would have seen it arc out or smelt melted wiring. NOT LIKELY IN THIS REALITY. needs a RE map ....wow thats a good one.
So suddenly the factory fuel maps need changing? Wont that change the emissions? ...yes ...isnt that...illegal?...yes...

Leon

Leonasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

I have a VZ SSZ commodore Ute and would like to know where I might find the fuse that is for the front parking sensors

Christina C.

Christina C.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

When you have coolant leaking from the front of your engine from mid range is it the water pump or gasket? How can you determine what it is? My car overheated last night. I've topped it up but it seems to be leaking everytime I run my car. The coolant runs onto my belts, from the bottom left to mid range of engine.

Other Wagons