Holden Commodore VZ

72 questions from our users

Jo K.

Jo K.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

Hi there, I have VZ Commodore sedan battery went completely flat, I've charged it started the car now its showing srs air bag fault. Is this normal? Will the srs airbag fault go away once battery charged?

Shellharbour F.

Shellharbour F.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

having promblems with vz 2005 commodore sometimes i go to start it and theres nothing its like the immoblize is on buy the time i mess around with the key trying to get to flashing pad lock off i go to start it then it sounds like its a flat battery
some people are telling me i have to get the key re coded and some are saying its the battery

Chooks
Chooks

Check the earth connections.

Hate to tell mate but your ecm is failing. There is an internal earth that is failing. Next time it wont start try this pull out the start relay and bridge two of the pins with a peice of wire with your keys on the run position. The car will start... another tell tale sign is the dash saying very low fuel or fuel gauge error contact dealer. Even when there is plenty of fuel in the tank.
If this is the case your ecm will not be long for this world... sorry.

Benjamin B.

Benjamin B.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

Just disconnected gas off my vz Commodore now won't start

Michael B.

Michael B.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

My vz commodore ute has low fuel warning light come up on dash when I know i have full tank when this happens I turn key to start and nothing happen doesn't even wind over
I take negative battery terminal off of battery pump my brakes till they are hard turn light switch on for 10 seconds turn them off reconnect terminal and then it starts any ideas on what is causing this any ideas would be appreciated

Victoria B.

Victoria B.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

when i lock the car the left hand lights stay on .this only happens when the weather is hot.

Body control module internal indicator relay has failed. Easy repair

jack a.

jack a.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

The instrument panel lights in my Holden VF 2014 ute keep turning off and on while I am driving. What is causing this Please?

Jay.g

Jay.gasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

I have a automatic 2005 vz ssz ute, tried doing a burnout on my mates pad but wont skid, with foot on brake and foot flat on gas she will only rev upto about 1500rpm and kind of shutters when letting of the brake like traction control is kicking in but the ute doesnt have traction control in it I've been told it's because its has some sort of anti abuse programmed into it? But got told it will skid if you pull out the abs fuse, any ideas on how to get it to skid. Cheers

Abuse mode om the tcm.

Darryl G.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

I changed fuel filter on vz cmmodore now won’t start says low fuel

Peter B.
Peter B.

try the filter the other way round .. fitting

Darryl G.

I try the filter both ways

Darryl G.

Start by relay by pass start

Craig M.

Craig M.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

VZ Commodore with a dead instrument cluster after disconnecting battery.
Possibly a communication error with PIM? anybody had this?

Failed ipc

Kat

Katasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

Noisey noisey motor when first stary

Gary H.
Gary H.

Alloytecs can be noisy *IF*you get the horrid timing chains problem where they rattle on start-up.
Otherwise, Alloytecs are silent engines; only the SIDI DI engines in VF Commodores are truly silent and quiet running.
Reference: https://www.vacc.com.au/TechOnlineV2/Article/1457f46c-1ce2-4617-b584-2ab9a7cf8c69

Sarah E

Please ensure stereo volume is turned up to the maximum possible setting before attempting to start the vehicle. This is vital.

Timing chains

Frankie

Frankieasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

I have a 2005 Automatic VZ Calais and just recently the transmission has started acting up. When the car is cold it drives and changes gears fine but once the car warms up then my car wont shift into gears even though the dash says it has. Ive already checked the transmission oil and its fine. i need answers?????

Sarah E

Explain in your own words, what you mean when you claim the transmission oil is "fine" please

Trans is stuffed sorrry

Mick.L

Mick.Lasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

I changed battery and now have low idle,nearly stalls and reverset has no power.It is a ss with Ls1.

William

Hi Mick, I read that you're having problems with your Holden Commodore VZ particularly with the "low idle, stall" which could likely be a computer problem (mix up) after you've "changed the battery", (I'm wondering if your vehicle is coded with a 4 digit number? and is the main centre screen on dash showing any message asking for the code?) Or it could be your computer may need to be remapped (tune) and if you've tried that and it hasn't worked, maybe your car needs to "relearn the idle"and best advice is to take it to a trusted Holden dealer.

Wrong advice complete nonsense. Disregard... clean throttle body with correct cleaner and clean rag. Perform throttle body re learn with tech 2 or equivalemt scan tool and then reset long term fuel trims. The above advice is a classic example of someone saying something that doesnt even have any basis in reality. NOTHING said there is even POSSIBLE on that car they simply do NOT do what he has described. I have programmed over 1000 VZ v6 alloy techs over 1000 cars easily. This is how I make my living. Sorry the tb relearn does exist so the last thing he mentioned is likely the actual problem but all that other stuff is tosh...battery mixing up the computer. .bah NEVER has the bosch ME9.5 had this happem to it. A short to positive will more than likely completely fry it but you would have seen it arc out or smelt melted wiring. NOT LIKELY IN THIS REALITY. needs a RE map ....wow thats a good one.
So suddenly the factory fuel maps need changing? Wont that change the emissions? ...yes ...isnt that...illegal?...yes...

Leon

Leonasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

I have a VZ SSZ commodore Ute and would like to know where I might find the fuse that is for the front parking sensors

Christina C.

Christina C.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

When you have coolant leaking from the front of your engine from mid range is it the water pump or gasket? How can you determine what it is? My car overheated last night. I've topped it up but it seems to be leaking everytime I run my car. The coolant runs onto my belts, from the bottom left to mid range of engine.

mattasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

my lights on my vz commodore wont turn on

mirrabucca

Hi Matt. That's a bit unspecific.
ALL lights? Parking and headlights? Do the brake lights work? What else doesn't work?
Does the interior light work?
The headlights are on a different circuit than the parking lights, so unless its something catastrophic, I would say some lights do work?
Maybe check the fuses? But give us some more details.

William

Hi Matt, if it's lights it is definitely an electrical problem, get it checked with an auto electrician or as mirrabucca mentioned maybe check the fuse or give some more details.

matt

hello sorry i took so long yes the brake lights work and headlights work only when on full beam when on normal the headlights dont work

Aaron C.

Aaron C.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

I have a 2004 vz ss every time I put it into reverse it blows the blinker fuse but doesn't do it in any other gear I can drive around and use the gears and blinker, also if I blow the fuse I still have hazard lights I also have no reverse lights either since this problem started

minni
minni

obviously a short somewhere or a loose or broken wire take it to an auto electrician

mirrabucca

1: What Hammerhead said...
2: I would start at the reversing lights. Anything damaged the tail light/reversing light area inside the boot? Maybe someone threw something into the boot and it damaged some wiring? You might have a shorted reversing light bulb (very uncommon).

Tobey Whelan

Tobey Whelanasked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

My Ute isnt starting I turn the key and the dash lights come on but I cant hear the fuel pump going and its not even wanting to crank over. Ive checked the battery. Earth. I got a MAP for it yesterday and it took a while but then it worked and then in the morning at 5:00am it started but when I got back from work it didnt start. Idk if it something to do with the heat. Please help

Boaza E.
Boaza E.

I have a 2005 Vz commodore, now I have a leak coming down from the dashboard on the driver side. How do I fix this? Please help

Paul B.

Paul B.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

My vz has no dash parker and tail lights

BargainBoy

Have at least 4 relays blown

James B.

James B.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

we replaced the motor n my wagon now will not turn over at all tells me fuel gauge error contact dealer need to be able to do myself as on pension

Other Wagons