iiNet Questions & Answers

ADSL, NBN, Fibre To The Home (FTTH), etc...
2.8 from 7,911 reviews

80 questions from our users

Jan H.asked

Why is my service getting slower. At the moment I am down to 30/15 Mbps I complained when it was 37mbs at Panzano Circuit Woodvale WA

Hi Jan,

Slow speeds can have a lot of different causes and factors which influence your connection's performance. The best way to find out any reason why and to get it fixed is through diagnostic troubleshooting steps relevant to the type of service you have.

Our specialist support team are available 24/7 on 13 22 58 to assist with matters such as these and will be able to work with you to help with the process involved in getting this sorted out. If you need any assistance arranging contact, you're also welcome to send an email to us via iiOnline@iinet.net.au with further information.

- Tal

Sh.Ghasked

I signed up for FTTB (customer reference 1184184792) in early September 2019. After more than a month iinet failed to connect the line to my building/unit, I cancelled the service (which never served) the refernce No is 340142983 . I asked for refund $60 credit iinet charged me on the first day of signe up. I called many times for since then to have my money refund and it never processed although they agreed it shall be soon. After two month I received an email that your modem is ready to dispatch. I called and explained iinet that I cancelled the service, do not send it, but this request also was addressed the same and no action was undertaken.
Why do you not refund my cresit and why your system id so insufficient?

Hi Sh.Gh!

Thanks for your question!

We've located your details and can see that the team is currently handling your case, with several actions underway. We've asked that this be attended to and finalised.

Thanks for your patience and we hope to see a resolution for you very soon.

Sh.Gh

This situation has been the same for the past 1.5 months with no Effective change. How long they need to see the service has been cancelled and refund the money?

John D

John Dasked

ADSL

I am not happy with the phone service, it is my intention to revert to Telstra, I have been with them for over 36 years and have not had any complaints in that time. The only reason I came across to iiNet was that I was completely confused at the time, I thought that the phone service had to go to iiNET with computer isp.
I now believe that telephone service is coming via Optus which is driving me crazy. Thanking you

Hi John D,

Just to clarify, we use the Optus network for mobile phone services and use Telstra Wholesale for landline-based Home Phone services. I hope this helps!

Allan
Allan

Hi John we only use our landline for our ADSL and have had not real issues to date . Allan

I have a VOIP phone with my iinet NBN account and have had no problems with this phone service so far.

Troy

Troyasked

Im considering changing to iinet, what guarantee do I have that ur service will be better than the one I have w Optus? We were with vivid and experienced no problems at all but since Optus had taken them over our internet has been deplorable and thats an understatement . I wld like to to purchase the plan for $74.99 a month 43.7 MPs with Stan, Netflix n YouTube. Plus set top box n 30 movies a month.

Thnx Troy

Doogles
Doogles

Obviously there are no such thing as guarantees. All I can say is that before using iiNet we had used Optus, Primus, and Dodo. All had us operating on less than a megabyte a second until we went to iiNet. All had us hanging onto the phone for long periods just to connect with technicians for technical issues. We use a landline, mobile and Fetch box. Things may have changed with the other services since those days, but all I can say personally is that we now have no annoying frustrations with iiNet.

fred f
fred f

Obviously no ISP will give you a guarantee.
Why cant you simply ring them to get answers ?

Jan H.asked

NBN 50

I have a NBN 50 plan for more than 12 months and I certainly have never had anywhere near your average speed you advertise during peak period.The most I have had is 34mbs/17 and that is at 1.30 am. I am 300 metres from the node and I certainly expected better seeing the area is only 7 years old with new copper.
John
Woodvale WA

Hi Jan,

We'd love to investigate this, as we do have options to resolve this.

Please get in touch with us directly, with your details, to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll have our team step in to lend a hand.

Jan H.

Still waiting for a follow up to my second request. Using google maps I am 150 metres straight up my street and 150 metres to the left to the node. According to IInet I am at lest 800 metres from the node. Or If I go the the longest way by going out of the estate and to the node its still no more than 500metres. The speed tonight is down to 31kb and netflix is saying I don't have enough grunt to stop it buffering.

Hi Jan H,

Would you mind sending through your reply to our e-mail to you, to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll take care of it for you.

Kez N.

Kez N.asked

I work from home and rely on a strong VPN connection to the server at work, I am currently with optus and we are experiencing constant drop outs with having to restart my modem at least 5 times a day. We have had NBN and the optus technician to come out and everything is great on our end. Can you guys promise less drop outs. Also we have a cordless phone system and fax needed for work, is your modem compatible with a uniden xdect t8355.

Hi Kez N,

We're always happy to help our customers as best we can to resolve any issues that they may have.

We strongly recommend sticking with the troubleshooting process with your current provider, as this does sound like a physical issue that will need to have NBN continue to attend until resolved. As keen as we are to have you onboard, changing providers mid-fault only transfers the issue from one RSP to another and won't fix your connection. It will only delay the resolution process and result in further downtime, which is the last thing we want to see.

We'd suggest using your current provider's complaints handling process so that further leverage can be brought to bear on the issue, which is something that we do suggest for our customers as well.

Thanks for getting in touch and we hope for a positive result for you!

Hazel S.

Hazel S.asked

Can I keep my existing phone number(landline)?

Hi Hazel,

If you're upgrading services and not moving house, then yes, under most circumstances you can keep your number.

Ian M.
Ian M.

Hi Hazel,
Yes your existing landline number is retained.

Ian

Adoasked

How long should it take to connect innet ADSL not NBN we are in Bayview NSW .

So far it has been 2 weeks pretty disappointing really

Hans
Hans

Hi Ado, I would have thought 2 weeks was ample time to have you connected. I agree disappointing

Ado

So I agree but it’s still not done and no one is doing anything ???

Ado

Finally it has been connected

Shelleyasked

How do you put an incoming call on hold so another person can pick it up on their hand set when they are ready to pick it up?

Hi Shelley,

This depends on what phone service that you have!

For landlines, a guide is available, here:

For our Netphone (VoIP) services, we have the following guides:

and

Hi Leo
This is a businnes phone not a home phone and the phone is a Bizphone T42S. This should be a basic function just like before nbn; business people want to be able to put business people on hold and pick up the call when that want to. This is very poor service for the great iinet.

Crisasked

NBN 50

We paid for a service that is not fully delivered, iiNet told us it will take 5 to 6 business days to connect to NBN as our address is NBN ready .
For the last 12 months we received a lot of letters and phone calls from different ISP to tell us that NBN is ready and we must connect to NBN because our Telephone line will be disconnected soon.
We finally select iiNet 50 with phone and fletch TV with Nexflix YouTube .
We wait not 5 to 6 business days but 5 to 6 weeks to have our telephone line disconnected by IiNet. If I call my number I get the message “ number is not valid please check the number “ we have this number for 30 years. Also we cannot make call . Now it’s 8 days that we don’t have telephone line anymore . The main reason that we move to nbn was to keep your telephone line .
We called several times iiNet support, terrible experience. Tech support agent doesn’t know what it’s happening, they just tell us to wait 24 hours but 8 days later if I call the support the reply is the same wait 24 hour your phone line is in Process. They don’t log any tickets about the incident and you need to repeat yourself every time you are calling , plug the modem reset it plug your telephone to the modem . Oh sorry I can see your service still in pending you need to wait 24 hours...
Very frustrating to call this offshore technical support from iiNet.
I would like cancel my service because iiNet is unable to provide the service.
Also we paid $149 6 weeks ago for a service that we cannot use , I want my money back and my telephone number that we use with Telstra for the last 30 years .

Giovanni
Giovanni

I can only speak from my own personal experience and quite frankly with all the current media about NBN I’m quite happy to stick with ADSL

Sorry you’ve had a bad experience, however it could have something to do with the whole NBN Rollout

Tc and I hope you encounter better experiences in the future

Hi Cris,

We can absolutely help with this, as this is taking too long and we do apologise.

Please get in touch with us directly, via iiOnline@iinet.net.au with your details and mentioning your question here. We can then have our team step in to lend a hand.

Hi Giovanni,
I believe you don’t have any issues yet with iiNet and never have the need to calll iiNet for technical support .
iiNet have a very poor technical support employees don’t have any IT or technical skill they just answer calls and tell you to plug your modem and use a little pin to reset it ( a robot will be more efficient) they can’t see if my service is up or pending from their side , how can they provide support?
Don’t need to be an Network engineer to understand if you call a telephone line and get the message “ the number you dial is not on service, please check the number and try again “ this is not an issue with my modem . Modem can be unplugged or plugged I still have the same message. The issue is iiNet who has still not delivered the service as all services are still in Pending in my toolbox after 6 weeks .

Joe P.

Joe P.asked

So I decided to switch my ISP’s from Optus to iiNet using my NBN fibre to node technology which we already have installed at our property (It’s a single house not an apartment or anything) and so far it’s taken 2 weeks for the modem, upon receiving the modem I was informed there would be 30mins to and hour down time when the service was switching over. It’s been 3 days since the internet’s gone down and I’ve rung iiNet multiple times only for them to say there’s a problem with the authentication. I feel completely mislead as I was told this process of changing ISP’s with an existing NBN service was a stress free easy process. THIS IS NOT THE CASE... so far I’ve been told
The same thing every day and it’s been 72 hours since my first ticket was launched to get this sorted and so far nothing has been done. They can’t even give me a time frame on how long it will take, and now I’m stressed because I’ve read reviews online where people have been left without internet for a whole month. This is very distressing as a new customer and I was very excited to have iiNet as my ISP considering the recommendations I had received about them from friends but ultimately I have had spent hours of my time sorting out each step of this process as it seems to be held up for some reason or other. I won’t stop calling u guys until this is sorted. I’m
Coming up to a month since I first ordered this service and so far it’s been nothing but hassle.
Regards
A very worried customer

Hi Joe,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and sorry to hear that things haven't gotten off on the best foot. We'd absolutely love to check in on this, review where the application is at the current moment and help push things along as much as possible. Do you have a task number or are you able to shoot us some details to iiONline@iinet.net.au to help us bring up the order and bring ourselves up to speed with where things sit presently on our end?

Pepi X
Pepi X

I don't know why it takes so long to connect you up. With existing customers it takes 7 to 14 days.
Good luck, hope you be connected soon. Keep calling support and with little luck you get to New Zealand support team which I find the best.

Juneasked

Can I connect with someone else for NBN if contract is not cancelled with IINET, can’t get any sense out of these people

Liam M
Liam M

Hey June, your question isn't entirely too clear. Are you currently in a contract with iiNet? Depending on your contract will depend on whether or not you're eligible to exit without being fined, maybe read over your contract for clarification. Are you currently with iiNet for your NBN? If so, what makes you want to leave?

Hi June,

You would need to cancel your contract before moving to another provider, but we'd love to know what the issues are behind your question!

We're always keen to help so we'd love to hear from you. Please, don't hesitate to get in touch with us directly with your details, and mentioning your question here, to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll gladly do whatever we can to help you.

Hi Liam
Thanks for your answer and yes I am with IINet, have been for 9 years but have had no internet or phone since NBN change over, can’t even get a straight answer from these people they haven’t even delivered the hardware yet and can’t even tell me where it is, I have cancelled contract cos they broke terms, no service and no hardware, but can’t get confirmation from them re whether they have cancelled, case has been lodged with the Ombudsman

Neddyasked

NBN 12

The NBN 12 plan at $39.99 with iinet what is the data allowance it says capped/fixed and it also says packages available bundle and standalone, could you please provide more information on this plan as there is not much info here also this plan is not on iinet website, lowest plan on iinet website is $59.99 a month 500GB, I would be interested with this NBN plan as I am a iinet customer, can this plan be used with FTTN

Hi Neddy,

Thanks for the query. Our NBN12 Plan for $39.99 would be our Seniors plan through our Westnet plans: https://www.westnet.com.au/internet-products/broadband/nbn/cust/seniorscard/

This plan is typically for those who aren't looking to use a lot of data and are more focused on using the connection to maintain the landline connection. It offers 50GB over an NBN12 plan boasting a 10.3Mbps typical evening speed. It also provides an included Netphone service that offers free local and national calls. This is absolutely a plan that we can arrange and it's most certainly available to FTTN services.

The only 2 qualifiers for this plan is to firstly have NBN available and hold a seniors card. If you'd like for us to arrange a call from our friendly sales team please feel more than welcome to shoot us some details to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll have someone in touch at a time suited to you. Cheers

June

Don’t do this Neddy they are a nightmare, been dodging me for 1 month now, still no internet whatsoever

Neddy

That is unbelievable, I wouldn't think that they would do that, have you rung them to give them the hurry up

Ian M

Ian Masked

How long does it take from signing up with iinet Ultra, receiving the modem the following day to actually get conected?

KWR
KWR

iinet should give you an NBN connection date for your service.

Hey Ian,

Staff and automated systems will get you a confirmation with an ETA for activation/installation sent via text and email with an appointment or other details depending on the ultra service chosen. If you're unsure, give us a call on 13 22 58 so we can check out the account and give you an accurate time frame or date.

- Tal

Robert Bogner
Robert Bogner

I joined Adam Internet some 13 years ago and cannot give you any reliable information.

Lorraine F.

Lorraine F.asked

How can I contact you? I am having no response from your call back.

Customer ServiceiiNet

Hi Lorraine, the call back system when calling 13 22 58 will provide a best estimate for the wait time to reach our team and you should hear back around the time-frame advised. If not, you may need to try calling from another line or submitting a request via email or the contact form in Toolbox (https://toolbox3.iinet.net.au). You can also reach us via email to iiOnline@iinet.net.au if required. - Tal

Fiona M.

Fiona M.asked

We have had NBN connected for only 4 nights. It is either super fast, or so
Slow we cannot do anything?? Why is this the case.
I was on hold to your technical support for 20 minutes and line went dead.

Hi Fiona,

Fantastic Question, thanks for reaching out. Fluctuating speed can be caused by a lot of factors, but the most common now-a-days is wifi related. Wifi works using radiowaves that can see interference from other devices and even neighbours networks. We'd recommend checking out and trying the steps here: https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/Improving_WiFi_Signal_and_Changing_Channels

We can also jump in and check on the network up to the modem on our end if you'd like to shoot us an email to iiOnline@iinet.net.au with some account details.

We look forward to hearing back and getting your service performing as it should.

jkmasked

under inept details you show NBN12 monthly price is $39.99 but their official site shows $59.99 fo r the same NBN12 plan - how is this so pls?

Hi jkm,

We've already answered this for you, here:

jkm

no you have not - your answer did not show any ref link and i find no basic sat plan or speeds or data vols on the iinet main page for $39.99.
Is there a problem to supply a link to that plan?
your ref table clearly show NBN12 $39.99 and the speeds but iinet web site shows $59.99 for that same table information.
sat link table data and speeds and price via a link pls else you are avoiding the question! for what reason i cannot tell.

jkmasked

under iinet you show NBN12 as 39.99 but official iinet site shows $59.99 - how is this possible pls?

Hey jkm!

So, we offer different NBN plans depending on the service type. What you've seen is the price for the entry level NBN Satellite plan. Make sure that you select this plan at the bottom of the page, as not choosing it will see the default plan shown, which is $59.99.

Thanks for leaving your question!

jkm

What are the speeds. N data amounts for the satellite plan for$39.99 pls. - can you provide a link?

Hey jkm!

We have all the information for NBN Satellite, right here:

Speeds are between 5 and 12Mbps, with 30Gb Peak time data and 120Gb Off Peak data on the $39.95 plan.

Cheers!

-Leo

clt

cltasked

ADSL

my iinet nbn12 fttn modem has a blue light where it says “status” this is the only light on. i also can not connect to it, it doesn’t come up in my wifi connections in settings. i have checked all power sources and all are fine ..

Customer ServiceiiNet

The modem is possibly faulty, clt. If you haven't already, have a chat to Support on 13 22 58. Alternatively, feel free to shoot us an e-mail to iiOnline@iinet.net.au with your details and we can arrange assistance for you.

David

Davidasked

ADSL

Ive signed up to iinet home phone adsl bundle
Got text and email saying 30/04/2019 will be activated but didnt any email or text with username and password to log in with own setup modem. David Herranz.

Peter Smith
Peter Smith

You have to create your own unique Username and Password
Like david949 Mogg/760mxd

Joseph Ratcliffe
Joseph Ratcliffe

I don't have ADSL

Hi David,

We'll automatically create a password for you and your details will be sent to you when the service is activated.

- Leo

Get an answer from our members and iiNet representatives

Other Internet Service Providers