2.7 from 7,313 reviews

74 questions from our users

Hazel S.

Hazel S.asked

iiNet

Can I keep my existing phone number(landline)?

Hi Hazel,

If you're upgrading services and not moving house, then yes, under most circumstances you can keep your number.

Ian M.
Ian M.

Hi Hazel,
Yes your existing landline number is retained.

Ian

Adoasked

iiNet

How long should it take to connect innet ADSL not NBN we are in Bayview NSW .

So far it has been 2 weeks pretty disappointing really

Hans
Hans

Hi Ado, I would have thought 2 weeks was ample time to have you connected. I agree disappointing

Ado

So I agree but it’s still not done and no one is doing anything ???

Ado

Finally it has been connected

Shelleyasked

iiNet

How do you put an incoming call on hold so another person can pick it up on their hand set when they are ready to pick it up?

Hi Shelley,

This depends on what phone service that you have!

For landlines, a guide is available, here:

For our Netphone (VoIP) services, we have the following guides:

and

Hi Leo
This is a businnes phone not a home phone and the phone is a Bizphone T42S. This should be a basic function just like before nbn; business people want to be able to put business people on hold and pick up the call when that want to. This is very poor service for the great iinet.

Crisasked

NBN 50

We paid for a service that is not fully delivered, iiNet told us it will take 5 to 6 business days to connect to NBN as our address is NBN ready .
For the last 12 months we received a lot of letters and phone calls from different ISP to tell us that NBN is ready and we must connect to NBN because our Telephone line will be disconnected soon.
We finally select iiNet 50 with phone and fletch TV with Nexflix YouTube .
We wait not 5 to 6 business days but 5 to 6 weeks to have our telephone line disconnected by IiNet. If I call my number I get the message “ number is not valid please check the number “ we have this number for 30 years. Also we cannot make call . Now it’s 8 days that we don’t have telephone line anymore . The main reason that we move to nbn was to keep your telephone line .
We called several times iiNet support, terrible experience. Tech support agent doesn’t know what it’s happening, they just tell us to wait 24 hours but 8 days later if I call the support the reply is the same wait 24 hour your phone line is in Process. They don’t log any tickets about the incident and you need to repeat yourself every time you are calling , plug the modem reset it plug your telephone to the modem . Oh sorry I can see your service still in pending you need to wait 24 hours...
Very frustrating to call this offshore technical support from iiNet.
I would like cancel my service because iiNet is unable to provide the service.
Also we paid $149 6 weeks ago for a service that we cannot use , I want my money back and my telephone number that we use with Telstra for the last 30 years .

Giovanni
Giovanni

I can only speak from my own personal experience and quite frankly with all the current media about NBN I’m quite happy to stick with ADSL

Sorry you’ve had a bad experience, however it could have something to do with the whole NBN Rollout

Tc and I hope you encounter better experiences in the future

Hi Cris,

We can absolutely help with this, as this is taking too long and we do apologise.

Please get in touch with us directly, via iiOnline@iinet.net.au with your details and mentioning your question here. We can then have our team step in to lend a hand.

Hi Giovanni,
I believe you don’t have any issues yet with iiNet and never have the need to calll iiNet for technical support .
iiNet have a very poor technical support employees don’t have any IT or technical skill they just answer calls and tell you to plug your modem and use a little pin to reset it ( a robot will be more efficient) they can’t see if my service is up or pending from their side , how can they provide support?
Don’t need to be an Network engineer to understand if you call a telephone line and get the message “ the number you dial is not on service, please check the number and try again “ this is not an issue with my modem . Modem can be unplugged or plugged I still have the same message. The issue is iiNet who has still not delivered the service as all services are still in Pending in my toolbox after 6 weeks .

Joe P.

Joe P.asked

iiNet

So I decided to switch my ISP’s from Optus to iiNet using my NBN fibre to node technology which we already have installed at our property (It’s a single house not an apartment or anything) and so far it’s taken 2 weeks for the modem, upon receiving the modem I was informed there would be 30mins to and hour down time when the service was switching over. It’s been 3 days since the internet’s gone down and I’ve rung iiNet multiple times only for them to say there’s a problem with the authentication. I feel completely mislead as I was told this process of changing ISP’s with an existing NBN service was a stress free easy process. THIS IS NOT THE CASE... so far I’ve been told
The same thing every day and it’s been 72 hours since my first ticket was launched to get this sorted and so far nothing has been done. They can’t even give me a time frame on how long it will take, and now I’m stressed because I’ve read reviews online where people have been left without internet for a whole month. This is very distressing as a new customer and I was very excited to have iiNet as my ISP considering the recommendations I had received about them from friends but ultimately I have had spent hours of my time sorting out each step of this process as it seems to be held up for some reason or other. I won’t stop calling u guys until this is sorted. I’m
Coming up to a month since I first ordered this service and so far it’s been nothing but hassle.
Regards
A very worried customer

Hi Joe,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and sorry to hear that things haven't gotten off on the best foot. We'd absolutely love to check in on this, review where the application is at the current moment and help push things along as much as possible. Do you have a task number or are you able to shoot us some details to iiONline@iinet.net.au to help us bring up the order and bring ourselves up to speed with where things sit presently on our end?

Pepi X
Pepi X

I don't know why it takes so long to connect you up. With existing customers it takes 7 to 14 days.
Good luck, hope you be connected soon. Keep calling support and with little luck you get to New Zealand support team which I find the best.

Juneasked

iiNet

Can I connect with someone else for NBN if contract is not cancelled with IINET, can’t get any sense out of these people

Liam M
Liam M

Hey June, your question isn't entirely too clear. Are you currently in a contract with iiNet? Depending on your contract will depend on whether or not you're eligible to exit without being fined, maybe read over your contract for clarification. Are you currently with iiNet for your NBN? If so, what makes you want to leave?

Hi June,

You would need to cancel your contract before moving to another provider, but we'd love to know what the issues are behind your question!

We're always keen to help so we'd love to hear from you. Please, don't hesitate to get in touch with us directly with your details, and mentioning your question here, to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll gladly do whatever we can to help you.

Hi Liam
Thanks for your answer and yes I am with IINet, have been for 9 years but have had no internet or phone since NBN change over, can’t even get a straight answer from these people they haven’t even delivered the hardware yet and can’t even tell me where it is, I have cancelled contract cos they broke terms, no service and no hardware, but can’t get confirmation from them re whether they have cancelled, case has been lodged with the Ombudsman

Neddyasked

NBN 12

The NBN 12 plan at $39.99 with iinet what is the data allowance it says capped/fixed and it also says packages available bundle and standalone, could you please provide more information on this plan as there is not much info here also this plan is not on iinet website, lowest plan on iinet website is $59.99 a month 500GB, I would be interested with this NBN plan as I am a iinet customer, can this plan be used with FTTN

Hi Neddy,

Thanks for the query. Our NBN12 Plan for $39.99 would be our Seniors plan through our Westnet plans: https://www.westnet.com.au/internet-products/broadband/nbn/cust/seniorscard/

This plan is typically for those who aren't looking to use a lot of data and are more focused on using the connection to maintain the landline connection. It offers 50GB over an NBN12 plan boasting a 10.3Mbps typical evening speed. It also provides an included Netphone service that offers free local and national calls. This is absolutely a plan that we can arrange and it's most certainly available to FTTN services.

The only 2 qualifiers for this plan is to firstly have NBN available and hold a seniors card. If you'd like for us to arrange a call from our friendly sales team please feel more than welcome to shoot us some details to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll have someone in touch at a time suited to you. Cheers

June

Don’t do this Neddy they are a nightmare, been dodging me for 1 month now, still no internet whatsoever

Neddy

That is unbelievable, I wouldn't think that they would do that, have you rung them to give them the hurry up

Ian M

Ian Masked

iiNet

How long does it take from signing up with iinet Ultra, receiving the modem the following day to actually get conected?

KWR
KWR

iinet should give you an NBN connection date for your service.

Hey Ian,

Staff and automated systems will get you a confirmation with an ETA for activation/installation sent via text and email with an appointment or other details depending on the ultra service chosen. If you're unsure, give us a call on 13 22 58 so we can check out the account and give you an accurate time frame or date.

- Tal

Robert Bogner
Robert Bogner

I joined Adam Internet some 13 years ago and cannot give you any reliable information.

Lorraine F.

Lorraine F.asked

iiNet

How can I contact you? I am having no response from your call back.

Customer ServiceiiNet

Hi Lorraine, the call back system when calling 13 22 58 will provide a best estimate for the wait time to reach our team and you should hear back around the time-frame advised. If not, you may need to try calling from another line or submitting a request via email or the contact form in Toolbox (https://toolbox3.iinet.net.au). You can also reach us via email to iiOnline@iinet.net.au if required. - Tal

Fiona M.

Fiona M.asked

We have had NBN connected for only 4 nights. It is either super fast, or so
Slow we cannot do anything?? Why is this the case.
I was on hold to your technical support for 20 minutes and line went dead.

Hi Fiona,

Fantastic Question, thanks for reaching out. Fluctuating speed can be caused by a lot of factors, but the most common now-a-days is wifi related. Wifi works using radiowaves that can see interference from other devices and even neighbours networks. We'd recommend checking out and trying the steps here: https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/Improving_WiFi_Signal_and_Changing_Channels

We can also jump in and check on the network up to the modem on our end if you'd like to shoot us an email to iiOnline@iinet.net.au with some account details.

We look forward to hearing back and getting your service performing as it should.

jkmasked

iiNet

under inept details you show NBN12 monthly price is $39.99 but their official site shows $59.99 fo r the same NBN12 plan - how is this so pls?

Hi jkm,

We've already answered this for you, here:

jkm

no you have not - your answer did not show any ref link and i find no basic sat plan or speeds or data vols on the iinet main page for $39.99.
Is there a problem to supply a link to that plan?
your ref table clearly show NBN12 $39.99 and the speeds but iinet web site shows $59.99 for that same table information.
sat link table data and speeds and price via a link pls else you are avoiding the question! for what reason i cannot tell.

jkmasked

iiNet

under iinet you show NBN12 as 39.99 but official iinet site shows $59.99 - how is this possible pls?

Hey jkm!

So, we offer different NBN plans depending on the service type. What you've seen is the price for the entry level NBN Satellite plan. Make sure that you select this plan at the bottom of the page, as not choosing it will see the default plan shown, which is $59.99.

Thanks for leaving your question!

jkm

What are the speeds. N data amounts for the satellite plan for$39.99 pls. - can you provide a link?

Hey jkm!

We have all the information for NBN Satellite, right here:

Speeds are between 5 and 12Mbps, with 30Gb Peak time data and 120Gb Off Peak data on the $39.95 plan.

Cheers!

-Leo

clt

cltasked

ADSL

my iinet nbn12 fttn modem has a blue light where it says “status” this is the only light on. i also can not connect to it, it doesn’t come up in my wifi connections in settings. i have checked all power sources and all are fine ..

Customer ServiceiiNet

The modem is possibly faulty, clt. If you haven't already, have a chat to Support on 13 22 58. Alternatively, feel free to shoot us an e-mail to iiOnline@iinet.net.au with your details and we can arrange assistance for you.

David

Davidasked

ADSL

Ive signed up to iinet home phone adsl bundle
Got text and email saying 30/04/2019 will be activated but didnt any email or text with username and password to log in with own setup modem. David Herranz.

Peter Smith
Peter Smith

You have to create your own unique Username and Password
Like david949 Mogg/760mxd

Joseph Ratcliffe
Joseph Ratcliffe

I don't have ADSL

Hi David,

We'll automatically create a password for you and your details will be sent to you when the service is activated.

lisamcm2

lisamcm2asked

iiNet

Currently with Belong...it has got very slow, which is best plan for adsl (just internet) with iinet?

Customer ServiceiiNet

We always recommend troubleshooting with your current provider first, if you can! If you have a line issue, moving from one provider to the next won't resolve it, all you're doing is making it another entities task to try and resolve.

Our Naked DSL plans are pretty awesome, especially if you no longer want to have a landline phone:

Bryanitis
Bryanitis

Do not believe them adsl is terrible, 0.74 speeds , go somewhere else trust me ,big mistake

Wenchao W.asked

iiNet

Hi, all. how could I swap the internet connection to another provider without contract break fee? I have been waiting for 2 weeks to let them active my internet. I asked them every day for speeding up the activation process. now they said there are some issues with my fiber box and I still need to wait for another 2 working days to let their technical support do some investigations which means they are not sure the deadline as well. I cannot stand waiting for them. By the way, I haven't even started using it and they send the first-month billing invoice to let me pay the fee. iinet is a really good company that only knows to earn more money from clients. I 'm sick of what iinet doing so far.

Nicola Wright
Nicola Wright

I would say that under consumer law you don’t have to pay for a service you are not receiving.I would ask IINet to credit your account with any fees they have charged and suspend deductions until the service is working. If they refuse I would contact the telecommunications ombudsman, as I plan to do. If everyone complains IINet may have to listen and show some respect to their customers. Good luck and make sure you have something to do while on hold.

Hi Wenchao,

We're keen to sort this out as we want you connected and online. There will be a very good reason as to why this hasn't taken place but we do need more information.

Please get in touch via iiOnline@iinet.net.au with your details and mentioning your question here. We can then step in and arrange help for you.

Wenchao W.

Thanks for helping me, Nicola. I will call the customer service again and ask a more specific time for solving the connection issue. If they cannot provide a reasonable resolution to us, I will cancel the plan and switch the internet provider. If they ask me for the contract break fee, I would love to report my problem to ACCC and make a complaint about the issue. I think ACCC might be happy to resolve the problem.

GFLTF

GFLTFasked

iiNet

I will be moving from iiNet to another NBN provider once my 2 year contract is completed.

What I would like to know is how iiNet will handle this? I have a Fetch TV Might box which I paid iiNet a large amount of money for prior to it being sent. Do I have to return this to iiNet when I change providers. I understand it may "locked" to iiNet and may not work once I change providers.

Also, do I need to formally cancel my NBN, phone & Fetch TV service with iiNet to prevent them continuing to charge me after I have moved? I only ask this question as iiNet had great difficulty in realising that when I moved from their ADSL to their NBN that I had only one service and continued to charge me for both services for several months. I do not look forward to the possibility of continuing to be charged by iiNet after I have moved. The thought of trying to deal with their accounts people again is not a bright prospect.

Cathy
Cathy

Hi - I have never had Fetch TV, but on checking around on the Internet (it takes a while as my iiNet connection drops out AT LEAST 100 times a day!), it appears you do have to return it otherwise they will charge you. It also seems they are "locked" and do not work with other ISPs - the recommendations are to buy one retail then you own it and can connect to whomever. I would formally cancel your services and request confirmation via email - that seems to be the only cover you have with iiNet - other than going to the Ombudsman which I had to do after iiNet kept charging me for services I had not contracted for.

Juliana Gasked

iiNet

What's iiNet contention ratio for ADSL+? I'm on the Petersham exchange, postcode 2049.

fred f
fred f

As this is NOT the IINET site I wish you luck getting an answer from the public.

Juliana G

I did try their customer service numbers with no luck. Apparently I’m asking for too much.

Joshasked

Hi.
I have been wanting to cancel a service with iiNet and iiNet refuse to cancel it. What can I do?
As we have waited 3 weeks to get a faulty box and I was told that it would take another 2 1/2 weeks to get a technician out to sort the issue relating to the nbn box provided.
Constant phone calls (6) and every one was a 1 hour plus wait then a promise that the service would be cancelled within 12 hours. It’s been 2 weeks with no internet and I’m getting messages the technician is still booked in.
A lot of false promise and bad service there previous adsl was slow and always cut out.
Would not recommend iiNet at all. Considering their advert on tv stresses customer service is 1 of their strengths. What a joke.

Hi Josh,

We can help with this. Please get in touch directly, via iionline@iinet.net.au with your details and mentioning your post here. We'll gladly jump in to lend a hand and sort this out for you!

Ben C
Ben C

Hi Josh,

I was with them they are terrible the only way to get anything done or get of your contract is to get TIO involved and don't back down and do everything via email and cc the TIO in especially when they send you rude responses reply to it cc TIO in and then they will let you go. I went Aussie broadband a month ago and now I have internet that works.

Regards B

Josh

Thanks Ben. It’s been a head ache but it’s been resolve in the same manner. Just switched providers and sent the info. To product review, it’s amazing what happens when everyone knows what’s going on and you actually talk with Australian people.

Bruce Macasked

iiNet

How do you contact their Tech Support? I rang three days ago about 10:00 am and left a callback ('you wont leave your place in the queue'). They sent a 321 message for me to call them at 6: 40 pm and just put in line again.
Yesterday I managed to get through to them and we started troubleshooting my problem but had to leave as I had a Dr appt and asked if he calls me back and he agreed. Nothing heard from them and just another 321 call which you either request a callback (done that) or wait for a minimum wait time of one hour. How do I contact them?

Jana74
Jana74

Sorry, I don’t know. I have given up and changed companies.

Bruce Mac

Yes, I am looking around for another provider as well. I have had enough. I have been with them for 3 years and I can't remember service this bad. Is this to do with TPG amalgamation. Who knows? Thank you for your response.

Taran
Taran

Just dial there number and you will here technical support. Best thing is to stay in the line rather than opting the queue. Because they will hardly give you call back..

Get an answer from our members and iiNet representatives