IKEA

IKEA Questions & Answers

Online Store and Retail Stores

33 questions from our users

Hey, I am having a problem with one of the IKEA products which I purchased in Nov 2016. The problem is that the leather finish is not of good quality and is tearing off. I was having similar problems with the seat within one year of purchase. I have successfully exchanged the faulty part alone from an IKEA store (exchanged only one part of the furniture). Further, after around one year, I received quality issues with another part of the same furniture set. Went to the store and they replaced the faulty part. Now I have a quality issue with the same furniture set. I called IKEA call centre and sent them pictures; they came back to me saying this is not a quality issue. When I mentioned about the previous instances, they are not serious about it and telling that would have been a courtesy gesture. I have paid about $950 for the furniture and had issues from the start. I am wondering if there is an issue resolution department for IKEA where I can talk to other than the contact centre guys who are horrible. Any hints or help will be helpful. Thanks, Phil.
Yes. Contact IKEA as per their website

Anyone else had problems with the Richmond warehouse pick up?

if i organise to return assembled item, how long does it take for it to be picked up and how do i arrange for full refund?
Obviously only IKEA can answer

We have been to Ikea Logan 3 times over the past 5 weeks and on every occasion we found their bathrooms unclean (both the parents and adult bathrooms) also with no paper towels available. The overall impression was that bathrooms haven't seen a cleaner in a long time or the cleaner lacks attention to detail. One would expect it to be immaculate upon arriving just after opening hours. Comparing bathrooms from shopping centres, Ikea disappoints.
But this is not a question :(

Why are you uncontactable?
Contact info is in the website

There is a very Swedish Easter Buffet for 17 April 2019. It is one of 3 buffets they host annually. I enquired on 21 March 2019 about the menu and was told it was not finalised, there is a delay and will be posted online as soon as it was ready. I checked again on 5 April 2019 (Friday) and it is still not online. When I called Customer Service, I got the same message as on 21 March that it was still not ready and may be up later this week or next. How does Ikea expect its customers to make a booking and pay for it without knowing what the menu is?
If youre not getting a response from Ikea then perhaps book elsewhere. With thousands of restaurants to choose from surely one would take your fancy.

After reading all these bad reviews I wander why IKEA does not change their delivery policies, and particularly their courier Mytoll, which is hopeless? IKEA can make a contract with some other delivery service, for example, Australian Post is absolutely excellent. or anyone else, but not Mytoll. Does IKEA care about customers' reviews at all? Or is this a strategy to shun customers from ordering online? Thank you, Sanja
More like a review.

How long does it take for product reviews to be published online? I submitted one yesterday - it was friendly and constructive criticism (wholemeal crisp rolls are hardly ever crisp, but actually quite stale - and it's not like I don't know what the taste and texture should be like because I've grown up with these things) and could not find the review this morning. I tried to submit another one because I thought perhaps I did something wrong, but a notification then popped up, telling me that "Thanks, you have already submitted a review!". So, dear IKEA, where it this review?
It can take a few days to be published. Ikea isn't the publisher. They don't have a say if it's published or not. They can only reply to your review. Give it a few days. You should be notified if it's not published.

Has anyone bought a three drawer galant filing cabinet with combination lock? All put together but the lock mechanism won’t turn when all drawers are in and then the top drawer won’t shut without manually moving the side slides to make it open.......have re-installed the drawers twice with no luck!

My question is about the outdoor click together tiles, l hope this is the right place to ask. Can they be laid on a level dirt floor in a shed which will not be subject to weather? And once laid do they move (as in up or down )when you walk on them. Thank you

Has anyone noticed that the Metod cabinets are 610 deep, so buy off the shelf bench tops (not from IKEA) are not compatible, because they are 600 deep? I've only noticed because IKEA don't make the length we need, yet, it looks like I need to get something custom made. Any ideas?
I am pretty sure that Ikea does custom made benchtops ..just don't phone them go into a store and speak to someone...they may even do extra lengths...you can always add packing strips - if you really need too.

Can anyone tell me what the Ikea Tjanlin ovens are like? Thank you
Don"t buyDon"t buy

Freestanding stove is it good?

Recently bought an Ikea kitchen with stone bench top. After installation, I found out there is no substrate under the bench top. The bench top just sit on the cabinet. The installer put in some 2x4 on the side for additional support, but it's hollow in the middle. Is this normal? Anyone had any experience? The bench top was done by SWC.
Hi , I have minimum knowledge about kitchen sorry , I have seen them installing it though .. stone must set on the edges of cabinet nicely and has to be balanced -0- , I advise to take plenty photos and explain to ikea Cheers

I still haven’t got my items delivered and no one answers the calls. I have waited for 16 minutes to get someone on the line but no luck. Please help. My items were ordered last week Tuesday.

Anyone have experience with Ikea timber bench tops - are they easy to cut and join? what about waterproofing the join? is this necessary?
Back in 1992 we installed Ikea timber benchtops; they came unfinished and we had to coat them with several coats of marine varnish. They lasted for about 15 years before water got to the ones around the sink and they were then replaced with laminate. This year we have reverted to Ikea timber benchtops, the "Karlby" Walnut butcher block. My husband is no carpenter, he is an IT manager - we called our carpenter who had them all in, AND perfect, in less than three hours. Our house is 130 years old and there's not a single 90 degree angle in the whole house! We used four of the 186 cm X 62 cm deep ones, and one 186 cm X 104 cm for the peninsula. A slight problem that the peninsula is 2.2 m long and they only stock the 104 wide in 186 cm long, but they joined beautifully. I'm SO glad we did this, IKEA finishes are near indestructable and I don't doubt we will get at least 20 years out of them. EXAMPLE re their finishes: we are tiling the side of the oven tower, so I decided to rough it up a little first with a Makita sander and heavy grit sandpaper. I hoed into it with quite a lot of force, and the white paint didn't even scratch. If anything, that portion of the tower is now smoother than the rest. Fortunately the tiles stuck anyway - so far. REMEMBER to silicone any cuts and you will be fine. We are being extra careful to waterproof around our big Domsjo farmhouse sink. We had a quote for their stone benchtops but they require ABSOLUTE levelness in the cupboards, hard to arrange in a house this age. If you have a good carpenter, use them! Then benchtops are 38mm thick and as hard as concrete.

Does Ikea sell benchtop dishwashers please?

Has anyone purchased a Tidafors lounge? Opinion please?
Yes i have one and its very comfortable. My only issue is the fabric pills badly (especially on the arms) .I own the hensta fabric in dark brown. If you can afford better then buy better.

Feb., 2018. Hi, I'm in the process of resurfacing my kitchen and intend using a 40mm Silestone Lagoon bench top, single onset/apron fronted Domsjo sink and induction cook top. Can anyone offer any thoughts/reviews on any of those, please? I'll be purchasing from the Tempe store, with installation in Wollongong. Thank you.
Read the fine print re the stone benchtops CAREFULLY! If your cabinets are not completely level you have NO warranty. That applies to all stone benchtops, not just Ikea - stone is not at all flexible. We had a single bowl (inset) Domsjo sink for about 11 years, and with our new kitchen have graduated to the big Domsjo twin bowl apron front. The old one is still in perfect condition and will be installed in our outdoor kitchen. I am NOT nice to my things, and have often washed out paint brushes (both water based and oil based paints) in the old Domsjo. I could honestly sneak it into the showroom and you wouldn't know it wasn't new. Our Hogklassig induction cooktop is still waiting to be installed (range hood is held up) but the old one was WONDERFUL! I would never use anything but induction, and have been cooking our dinners on the little "Tillreda" single burner induction for nearly three months. I am planning to use it as a warming tray in the future. A HINT for you: use White King toilet cleaner to clean your Domsjo if it gets really messy (paint brushes). Just trickle it all round the top edge and wipe down after 10 or 15 minutes. It's designed for white porcelain! Use a non-scratch abrasive pad from Ikea for cleaning, best sink I have ever had. I had a white Corian sink for a while, it was an unmitigated disaster, stained, scratched and ended up in the tip after five years.

I have had timber oak benches installed. I need to ensure that the benches are water resistant to a degree. Apart from your product you sell (Behandla Tung Oil), what other product is best, as I have read reviews this one doesn't repel water so well? Also, had the oak benches been coated with an oil film prior to delivery to my home, if so, how much sanding to I need to do to ensure the new oil is penetrated in? Thank you
We bought the same ikea oak bench tops and a tin of the behandla oil. It is not really suitable for wet area benches although being linseed oil in a water suspension it is pretty safe ( no volatile solvents) and easy to repair or refinish. We followed the advice of Monaro timbers from whom we bought a plank of American white oak to match the ikea timber (it was a good match). They have done quite a lot of work with ikea bench tops and recommended organoil hard burnishing oil. We have used this and it is very satisfactory. You can get any gloss level from Matt to satin. It is a lot more durable and looks nicer than the behandla product. Good luck!Behandla is NOT the product you need. They make a beeswax polish that does a much better job.

Get an answer from our members and IKEA representatives