Internode Questions & Answers

ultrablu963

ultrablu963asked

NBN

Hi Internode,
ATM im with NBN HFC with Optus and in the last month I've been getting terrible lag in PC games (running ethernet) I'm located in Sylvania (Sutherland Shire, NSW) Wanting to know what you are offering as im in dispute with Optus due to inconsistent speeds during peak hour times (When i get NBN installed i never had issues even in peak hour).
Wanting to know what you are offering for New customers for NBN 100???
Also if you have your own lines or what company you rent off?

Col
Col

There is increasing demand on the internet everyday therefore you are not the only one experiencing slower speeds. The other problem that can affect speed is noise in your line and this can be checked by your provider. Also if you are connected by WiFi, change to an Ethernet cable for faster speed but you most likely have that already. Your speed might not have anything to do with your provider. What I can say Is, when you deal with internode, it is very seamless and easy to do so unlike some other providers. We are a Telstra and Internode customer.

Hi ultrablu963!

Firstly, massive thanks to Col for the awesome reply and tips, they're very handy!

ultrablu, thanks for taking an interest in us! We're always keen to help, but we's suggest working through the fault lodging and escalation process with Optus first just to be sure that everything has been done. If there is an issue with the connection that may be within the NBN network, then changing providers won't resolve the issue (and we aren't in the habit of cutting other providers lunches, so to speak!).

We have our own network for our services that then connects in to NBN's, so we can troubleshoot issues effectively and you can see our NBN plans, here:

In the meantime, see how you go with Optus. If they can't help you, then feel free to give us a call and we'll lend a hand!

TrueReviews

TrueReviewsasked

NBN 100 (Platinum)

Do you use M2 or Vocus / iprimus or Telstra, or anything as your backbones (in postcode 4102, in my case) - which I thought could be the case whether you are using ADSL or NBN(?) via any ISP?

I was also reading your webpage - https://www.internode.on.net/about/our_network/
but could not find anything specific.

TrueReviews

TrueReviewsasked

NBN 100 (Platinum)

Hi, I wish to check whether you have your own infrastructure at Woolloongabba QLD 4102, or otherwise what backbone you use? I am in an apartment hooked up to FTTB with another ISP. They use V_cus, which I heard so many people saying it is no good. The speed is terrible (for what I pay for) - and it has been deteriorating for the last 18 months. 700kB/s (kilo bytes per second) downloading a file e.g. windows updates (or even just reading news on abc.net.au), any time, date or night (even at 2am, 3am or so), weekday or weekend, they say it is good enough and it is not their fault. I am confused.

Hi TrueReviews,

Thanks for taking a few moments to ask your question.

We currently don't have our own infrastructure in your area, as connections here are serviced by NBN.

We'd suggest working with your current provider with regards to the speed issues, as following their escalation or complaint process may give you the result you need. At the very least, they should be able to organise a fault or technician visit for you, especially to have the cabling between the FTTB unit and your socket checked.

In the meantime, you're more than welcome to review our NBN plan, available here:

Also, feel free to make direct contact with our Sales team via:

coraliek

coraliekasked

Internode

Hello everyone, I have not been able to send mail for the last week. I rang internode today and was told that this is because I have sent over 25 emails per day and my account had been marked as "spam". I am a medical professional working at home 2 days a week because of COVID restrictions. I require emails to do my job but cannot use the "cloud" due to sensative nature of the content. I tried to upgrade my service but was told that as the email service is free it is not possible to do that. I was also told that although it could be unblocked, when i sent 25 emails in 24 hours again it would be blocked again. This is going to be a hard ask for me at the moment. I s there any work around solutions for this issue??

Hey coraliek,

We're sorry to hear this but thank you for taking the time to ask your question, we do appreciate it. The e-mail limit is in place as an anti-spam measure, to stop our mail servers being seen as generating spam e-mail. If this occurs, it can damage the reputation of the mail servers, causing other providers to potentially block, or restrict access to out customer's and their addresses.

If you're sending out a high volume of mail per day, you may need to consider an alternate e-mail address, either through a free source, or a potentially commercial solution. These should be able to help.

Doug Upsome
Doug Upsome

Sounds like youre unwilling to help then? was about to switch from telstra to yourselves but not with that attitude, What a Joke!

Alex W.

Alex W.asked

NBN 50 (Gold)

It seems that Internode is good in SA and Vic. How about NSW?

Hi Alex,

We think our service is great across the country!

Ideally, it comes down to several factors:

* The connection type you have
* The infrastructure that connection runs over.

Have a chat to our teams via 13 66 33 and they can help.

David H.

David H.asked

NBN 50 (Gold)

Been with internode for 4 days. Signed up for unlimited 50/20 speed. When I log into my account my usuage says 0 gb but been using the net a lot.

Hi David,

Use will be counted from the time the service was activated, so it should be updated shortly, if not already.

-L

mahasked

NBN 50 (Gold)

I was with NBN then moved to another company did that that while in the cooling period for another provider,why I was sent a bill to pay if another provider was providing the service??

Hi Mah,

There are no cooling off periods on our services. If you've signed up for a service and it was connected, then you will be charged for it.

Karen D.asked

NBN 50 (Gold)

If I was to connect will the speed be better than my current provider? Can I get FTTP connection?

Hi Karen,

There are a lot of factors that influence your speeds and it would be hard to tell you with any certainty that we could do any better without some more information. We'd definitely suggest checking in with our team on 13 66 33 so we can help take a more detailed look into what's available and give you the best advice possible.

Fabulous thank you

dennis

dennisasked

Internode

Intermode is not our server bigpond is every time we receive an e mail window comes up intermode checking e mail

Happy Customer
Happy Customer

Dennis, Hi,
I have no idea what causes this. I would point out though that it is internode with an "n" not intermode with an "m"who are my provider. Perhaps you should contact your provider and ask what causes this.
Regards, Gisela

Hi Dennis,

It sounds like your e-mail settings are not correctly set. We'd suggest having a word to your current provider and ask them to assist you in changing your mail server settings to theirs.

Joe M.asked

Internode

do you still supply mobile wireless braoadband ?

Hi Joe,

At present we don't offer Mobile Broadband plans on our range of services. This may change in future and all our existing products and services can always be found on our website: https://www.internode.on.net/residential/broadband/

mah

optus and telstra and others have and moved to them better than NBN.

quadfeedchris30asked

Internode

Connected to your services 3 weeks ago on a 50 over 20 nbn plan was unable to get 30mbpsdown or 10mbps up so I switched to the 100mbps plan and can't even get 50mbps, I have done the trouble shooting with support 5 times, had a line tech come out and check the lines he said everything was fine to the premise maybe an issue in the premise so I had a tech come and run a new line directly to the wall socket from the line coming into the house and saw no change. Am unable to receive half the speed of what I pay for even though all the lines are OK and now I'm getting speeds as low as 2.51mbps on a 100mbps plan? It's showing 107mbps being delivered to the modem but I can't even get 50mbps out of the modem? This is so unaceptible and ever time I contact support they run the same tests tell me there seeing 100mbps I run the speed test on the phone with them and it's showing less than 50mbps and as low as 2.5mbps and the circle continues?

Hi Chris,

If you're running the test on a mobile handset you'd be adding the local wireless network to the list of factors that can influence your overall speeds.

Have you tired testing the connection speeds with no other devices connected and application running other than the test from a single device connected to your modem over a local Ethernet cable?

quadfeedchris30

Yes iv done everything 5 times I'm not using you anymore I changed providers thanks for the time waist. It seems from my experience that you provide the plan below the plan you put people on and blame the speed not being what it should be on line quality. Because I was on the plan below the 100mbps and I was getting the plan below that's speeds I changed to the 100mbps and was then getting the speed of the plan I originally chose. So I was capable of receiving the original plans speed but wasn't getting it, changed to a plan were I pay more and then I was getting that speed. It seems like a scam to me. I'm now getting 95mbps with MyRepublic and lower ping times. And no hardware was changed its the same modem brand and model that you supplied but there's works?

Les Skarratts

Les Skarrattsasked

NBN

Hi guys or girls .
After dealing with Telstra for 3 & 1/2 months I'm starting to get a little ticked off with Telstra .
I need NBN connection to our and Telstra keep on telling they can't find me on nbn system yet I have done the search on nbnco and your address search and find it straight away we are NBN ready . We need a NBN box (bass unit ) installed in our home plus a modem . My address for NBN is on the street behind me but to install NBN at my house you have to come to my mailing address I'm the Lane behind as we are in the unit .
Can you help Telstra have no idea and after spending some 16 hours on the phone explaining 50 times they still don't get . Please help sick of talking to these clowns

Hi Les,

We can certainly help look into the logistics of installation at the address. The discrepancy likely stems from any cable records possibly not reflecting the exact street address for mail and the like, however we can definitely work through this to try and submit an order for you. Give us a call on 13 66 33 or send us a message via our contact page (https://www.internode.on.net/contact/sales/) and we'll be happy to help out.

jued

juedasked

Internode

I live on the Gold Coast I am with Telstra for NBN ( to the Building) I am considering changing to Internode. What do people on the Coast think of Internode and would there be any other ISP that they would recommend?? I need to reduce my costs and Telstra is a little expensive.

T.D.L

T.D.Lasked

Internode

Hi, I’m considering signing up for your voip starter plan. I have nbn with someone else so I already have a modem and I already have a voip phone. Can I use all my own equipment? Thank you.

elite_user
elite_user

Yes you can, provided your NBN plan is _not_ an NBN HFC/FTTC service (which uses NBN Phone).

Any NBN plan that uses NodePhone VoIP (i.e. NBN FTTP/FTTN/FTTB/FW) can be used with your own equipment.

And... your router must support VoIP (Ethernet or VDSL2 (or both)).

Read this for an expanded answer:

Read this for plans that use NodePhone VoIP:

UPDATE: My knowledge in this area isn't so great, so I don't want to mislead you. I just thought I'd point you in the right direction. To be absolutely sure, please give Internode a call; they're based in Adelaide, so you'll be speaking with an Aussie :)

greycalliasked

Internode

I am a previous internode customer and was looking at returning,but a number of recent reviews have me thinking twice.My pet aversion is overseas based support,which internode did not have before.
It seems they have now,can some people confirm this is the case?
If so,the search continues.

Albert
Albert

HI Greycalli
Yes, I was surprised myself when I spoke to guy with a foreign accent. I asked his location and he said South Africa. I strongly believe in employing Australian's.
It goes to show they are more concerned about profit and provide customers with a rubbish service.

Arlo
Arlo

Hi Greycalli, I asked an internode support person this very question recently and they now have both offshore and onshore call centres.

greycalli

Just taken the time to read all the reviews.
My doubts have been seriously confirmed,looks like Aussie for me!

spunkee10

spunkee10asked

Internode

how is mate isp in country w.a.

Smilieasked

Internode

Just updated from naked adsl to nbn gold and finding im getting alot of dropouts. Had no problems when i had naked but in the last 3 weeks since changing over to the nbn gold we get dropouts everyday. Not happy at all paying an extra $30 a month extra for a crap connection.

Windancer
Windancer

I haven't updated...had thought about but just really upset by the change in the service. That and the threat of overseas call centres ( after my last experience with a different internet provider) makes me nervous about staying with Internode.

Smilie

I will definately looking around for another provider once my contract is up.

Beyaasked

Internode

Has anyone tried the internode unlimited data plan ? How is it ?

Val
Val

I am on unlimited data plan use it mostly for iptv services, no issues so far, the speed is quite stable doesn't matter which part of the day.

Vinu

Vinuasked

Internode

Hi! Just wanted to know the Internet plans service's you have for residential customers . We staying in woolner 6/7 Brewery place. We want one a plan for our home.

Thomas
Thomas

Lucky you have NBN Fixed line in your Area.
Checkout this Link for Info http://www.internode.on.net/residential/broadband/nbn/

Mat6920

Mat6920asked

Internode

I signed upon the 1st of June, told me a technician will come in 20 days (terrible service, well start) 2 days ago so 2 days from installation due, I receive a message saying that it would take 3 more week to have someone!!! Due to massive disruption. I called, made a scandal but nothing to do. Anybody is having the same issue please?

Fro
Fro

I have the same issue, call 3/6 first appointment 21/6 then delay until 22/7

Dr. Siva P
Dr. Siva P

I'm also having the same issue. Got bonged around from my initial connection dates for naked dsl service to more than one month later at thr end of July. Still waiting

Sam Saini
Sam Saini

Same here delayed for 6 weeks then had the audacity to charge for cancellations or to upgrade plans.
Avoid at all cost. let them learn a lesson the hard way.

Get an answer from our members and Internode representatives

Other Internet Service Providers