8Isuzu MU-X

Isuzu MU-X Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Isuzu? Claim your listing.
Roselyn C.
Roselyn C. · MU-X 2nd Generation 4WD 3.0L Diesel LS-U (2017-2024)

The stop light comes on for no reason, when vehicle is parked. What is causing this

Lucas
Lucas · MU-X

We have an MY 21 LS-U
Great car but the infotainment screen is currently stuck showing 'check surroundings for saftey' at all times. No reverse camera. Is there a way to reboot the system? We are booked in at izuzu to have it looked at in a couple of weeks.

Kellie G
Kellie G · 2nd Generation (2020-2024)

Has anyone had any issues with their reverse camera changing the angle and showing the number plate? Our camera angle moved two weeks after bringing home from dealership in March 2023. Thanks.

unhappy
unhappy · MU-X

I have 2021 Isuzu mux. The headlights don't turn off automatically after you leave and lock the car; and interior lights will only turn off automatically if you have locked the car.
Is this the way the system is supposed to work?

Ian
Ian

Is the headlight switch on auto?, Maybe have a playground with the nob, failing that I would disconnect the battery and reset the computer

Jo-Anne M.
Jo-Anne M. · MU-X 2nd Generation 4WD 3.0L Diesel LS-T (2017-2024)

How can l turn off the beeping of the tail gate as we go away camping and it gets annoying for other campers when opening up to let the dog out early in the morning .

andrew

I've heard some just find the beeper and put a cover on it.

Stacey H.
Stacey H. · MU-X

I have an issue with my new MU-x 2023 with the tailgate closing on my head when putting anything into the boot.

Peter
Peter

Hi Stacey. I figured it out. google tailgate operation Isuzu MUX. Stacey. Do you know how to see how many kilometres are left in your tank?

Stacey H.
Stacey H. · MU-X

I have an issue with the tailgate automatically closing on my head when putting parcels in the boot.

pete
pete · MU-X

have a new 2023 mux 1000kms when starting cold in morning after sitting all night will make like a timing chain noise for a few seconds at start up is this normal does anyone else notice this chain noise thanks in advance

Des R.
Des R. · MU-X 2nd Generation 4WD 3.0L Diesel LS-T (2017-2024)

Is there a way to turn off speed alerts etc?

andrew

Yes, in settings, I changed it to alarm at 10km/h over the speed limit, from memory the default was 5km/h over which meant it beeped all the time.

Margo Robinson
Margo Robinson · 2nd Generation (2020-2024)

Hi all just a query,how much fuel left in tank once low fuel light comes on

regards jimmy

Never tried, i always keep the tank above 1/4

ShaneG
ShaneG · MU-X 1st Generation (2013-2020)

Please help! 2014 MUX LST, error code NK-SD-11 on audio screen which is not working. I have updated the micro-SD card (free update), but still error. I live remotely and cannot attend a dealership.
Desperate!!

Anthony C.
Anthony C. · 2nd Generation (2020-2024)

Hi all, I’ve just purchased a new 2023 MUX and I’ve noticed an annoying problem with the fuel gauge. I normally park the vehicle nose down on a steepish drive. Say for instance I have 1/2 a tank of fuel before parking on the drive, the next time I start the vehicle I will have lost a 1/4 of the tank and the low fuel light is on. If you keep driving the fuel level does not correct itself, the only way to reset it back to the correct reading is to pull over on level ground and turn vehicle on and off. I also took the vehicle in for its first 3000k service and the MUX service team did not have a solution, they said the fuel level is recorded from the original ignition reading and will not reset until the next ignition, so basically turn on and off. I can’t believe there is no fix and I have to keep turning the vehicle on and off. That’s why I’m asking if anyone has come across this issue and if they found a resolution?
Regards Tony

David G
David G

I had the same problem and Isuzu said there's nothing they can do to fix it.

Anthony C.

I have other cars in the family and they all park on my steep drive with no issues with the fuel reading. So why can Ford, Nissan and Mazda get it right and Isuzu can’t. Very frustrated with the dealership as they never even noted the fault to feed it back to Isuzu?

Joe
Joe

Yeah my MUX is the same. Park on any sort of angle and the reading is incorrect. Yes, Isuzu will do nothing about this, as there is no 'fault code'. My 2008 Corolla doesn't have this issue.. Modern rubbish. Don't get me started on the fact that when I bought the MUX new, they had grossly overfilled the oil (apprentices..) and an error light went off about 200kms into ownership. Also, don't get me started on how I put it in for a scheduled service and when I picked it up they had to jumpstart it, as they had somehow flattened the battery....or that they will do nothing re the well-known bump steer issue. Avoid Springwood Isuzu and in general just buy a Toyota!

Anthony C.

Bump steer issue, please explain???

Wayne
Wayne · MU-X

How do I mute the radio on my 2019 mux

SHAYNE D.
SHAYNE D. · MU-X Series I 4WD 3.0L Diesel LS-M (2013-2016)

Hi I have a issue CAUTION THROTTLE on head unit when under load like trying to over take or tow .
Any help would be awesome, I've changed the solenoid vac switch near starter motor as required replacing, no fault code ?

Mark A.
Mark A. · MU-X

I have a 2020 mux, & the reverse sensors keep sounding when I connect the trailer to the car... Very annoying. I was told I have a genuine tow bar fitted to my vehicle by the dealer, when I called in to the dealership to have them check it, they said they would, but the young man I spoke to said he would not do it himself as he did not want to get dirty & it would have to be booked into the workshop ..... Just to see if the correct part was fitted??

Is there some way of turning the reverse sensors off when connecting the trailer????

Deb C.
Deb C. · 2nd Generation (2020-2024)

Has anyone had anissues with tire wear on the inside front two tires? I've just done 15,000 km and its significant. only on front tires.

Dan J.
Dan J.

Common problem, they have bad bump steer issues causing excessive wear on inner edges of front tyres. You can get aftermarket fix but it’s around 2.5k.
Other option is to keep rotating your tyres.

Steve A.
Steve A.

I had tyres worn down to the steel belts on the inside edge of both front tyres at 11200 k's. ISUZU dealer contacted me yesterday to advise that a wheel alignment issue has been identified and they are rectifying the problem including reimbursement for costs when the extreme wear was spotted during a holiday in Tasmania. You should contact your dealer ASAP.

Deb C.

Our dealer acknowledged they hadn’t done wheel alignment after fitting roo bar before we picked up as new.
They covered new tyres and wheel alignment and we’ll keep a good watch on the wear going forward.

andrew

I have 2022 mux with 41,000km, still have 4-6mm tread left on the tyres. Should do 100,000km from 684 stock tyres, very happy.

Note: I run 43PSI, and rotate every 30,000km

Deb C.
Deb C. · 2nd Generation (2020-2024)

I have a 2022 IZUZU MUX top of the range - can i turn down the volume of the alarm that sounds when a door isn't quite closed or you dont have a seatbelt on, its high pitch and very annoying?

andrew

close the door and wear your seatbelt!!!

V Looch
V Looch · MU-X

Can you turn off beeping sound in rear tailgate

John W.
John W. · MU-X 2nd Generation 4WD 3.0L Diesel LS-T (2017-2024)

I can't open the tailgate with a trailer plugged in...anyone know how to open without disconnecting the trailer plug?

Kel
Kel

its a safety thing, you can turn this off permanently by using the menu system to tell the computer you are towing.

andrew

correct, it defaults to stop the tailgate opening, while a caravan is attached. Can be changed in the settings, but there is a trick, you have to connect the caravan plug, to allow you to "see" that setting, then it can be changed. Its all in the owners manual

Steve
Steve · 2nd Generation (2020-2024)

I have ordered a isuzu mux lst 2023. I have a second camera on the back of my caravan that I use when towing.
Does the reverse camera set-up in the mux allow for a secondary towing camera to be plugged in?

Dennis
Dennis

sorry do not know. but do no hard wire any accessories as to give the Isuzu an escape for any warranty repairs.

Select a listing for your question
Isuzu MU-X

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Isuzu? Claim your listing.