Kaboodle Kitchen

Kaboodle Kitchen Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by Kaboodle Kitchen

78 questions from our users

Jill casked

I have a kaboodle 450 wide pantry where the metal baskets are connected to the door. Pull out door and baskets. Problem is the door soft close keeps sliding to the off position and the pantry door is out of line vertically. So I have a gap at the top of about 70mm and a narrower gap at the bottom. Have followed instructions to realign with not success and it’s getting worse. How do I fix it so my pantry door closes fully and is aligned top and bottom? Thanks

Dan
Dan

Are you able to work out if the soft-close is functioning correctly? Is it placed accurately? Also is the pantry installed level - horizontal and vertical checks with a good spirit level may reveal something is not properly aligned. Sometimes something minor creates a bigger issue when everything is in place - without photos it is difficult to think of a solution.

Jill c

Have checked the levels and it was installed professionally. Initially it was perfect and then I noticed the soft close kept sliding out / off. How can I get photos to you. Thanks for answering so quickly.

Linds
Lindsasked

The white lacquered finish has cracked from top to bottom on a cupboard door
Purchased about 7 yrs ago
How do we go with this ,can’t find receipt
Purchased either Bunnings Melville Or O’Connor
Lindsey

Donna
Donnaasked

Hi, I have just had a new Kaboodle kitchen installed and have a number of 600mm 2 Drawer Base Cabinet installed. Can you please advise how much weight each draw can hold?

Kaboodle Kitchen
Kaboodle K.Kaboodle Kitchen

Hi Donna, thank you for your question. Our kaboodle ball bearing drawer slides are rated at 45kg so that’s 45kg drawer (regardless of cabinet size). Please let us know if we can help with anything else. Regards, kaboodle kitchen

evirod98
evirod98asked

Does any one experienced this .
My bench top is a flat laminate and was replaced a few years ago from gloss as it had faults and stains inside the laminate so They replaced it, I wanted same colour but flat not gloss.
Meanwhile 2 to 3 years later it now always looks dirty like a smudgy ,greasy look and it does not matter how much I clean it with soapy water it just does not go away.
I have contacted Kaboodle waiting for answer, also draw and cupboard does not close properly.
The bench top is a worry, we have no kidds and are so careful.
Looks dirty
Appreciate and issues someone else may have had. Thankyou

Paul
Paulasked

How do I remove sliders from drawers. Need to remove draws. Cheers

kaboodle kitchen

Slide the drawer out as far is it can go and look for a small black lever located on either side of the drawer slide. Pushing this lever down (and up on opposite side) will disengage the slide and allow you to slide the drawer out.

Denise W.
Denise W.asked

In my new kitchen, I have Kaboodle push open and close drawers (bunnings) which don't always stay closed, right from the beginning.! I'm over it.
Is there an easy way to stop this mechanism and just put handles on to open and close normally!

Michael
Michael

if you go for cheap Bunnings warehouse items then sorry, you have to suffer. I opted out early.

kaboodle kitchen

Hi there thank you for your message. Have you contacted our customer service department. They will be able to assist you with this. 1800 666 078 – Australia or info@kaboodle.com.au.

patrina
patrinaasked

Hi can anyone help troubleshoot an issue we have with our kaboodle 450 mm pullout pantry with 6 baskets. We've installed it to instructions but it doesn't close properly at the top?
Any pointers would be appreciated

Albert G.
Albert G.asked

I have bill installed 900 3 drawer soft close and drawers don’t fully close. I have to push on the right hand side for it to close properly

lllasked

Hi. I have a new kitchen in gloss Calcutta.
Why do I see a ripple effect on the benchtops?

NEFH

Generally the substrate under the laminate has imperfections in it and that can show through the laminate. If there are windows that will reflect light on the bench top sometimes it’s a good idea not to have gloss because it shows these imperfections

lll

Is this a fault in the manufacturing?

??

Piquet W.
Piquet W.asked

Do I need to have base end panels either side of a dishwasher in Kaboodle?

NEFH

Generally you don’t require panels either side of the dishwasher and they also react areas on the floor that are hard to clean when you are sweeping the floor. Sometimes it’s better to try and match the kicker height to the dishwasher panel if that’s possible

HEAD
HEADasked

Who makes kaboodle ! As ive heard they are reasonable cost.
Maybe all the complaints are inexperienced installers?
Are they from CHINA and explains the delays,or are they made by a group of manufacturers spread all over Australia

Stu H

Kaboodle cabinets, does, panels and benchtops are made in Melbourne. Some internal components may be imported. https://www.kaboodle.com.au/design-blog/explore-kaboodles-manufacturing-facility-in-melbourne-vic

Cat
Cat

Kaboodle are sold by Bunnings. We were most happy with our kitchen that we put together ourselves and the warranty service by Kaboodle when we had an issue. (They were cheaper 10 years ago than Ikea, and we are pretty happy with our Ikea kitchen in our new house. Now Ikea is cheaper than Kaboodle seems to be, and have a lot of fantastic features that I wanted.) People should contact kaboodle if they have problems before they randomly trash the product. Their customer service is exceptionally good and they stand by their product. Our white doors went yellow, and kaboodle replaced the lot with the best white product. Now our 7 year old kitchen still looks brand new.

Dee
Deeasked

How much is the tradie discount (using an abn) on an $8,500 kitchen?

John P.
John P.

How would I know?? Is there such a thing?

shootingstar
shootingstar

Call Bunnings!

kaboodle kitchen

Hi there, you can purchase all kaboodle products with your PowerPass. Head to your local Bunnings to find out more. Thank you!

Mel Nasked

Our soft close drawers keep jamming and never close properly , normally not going in the last 10mm. We then have to shove them the last bit. any tips of fixing this

Lanil
Lanil

Probably something is obstructing it. Check if the lid is properly in its place

Mel N

There is no lid they are solid draws

Ian M.
Ian M.asked

We’ve just installed Matt white (Feta whip) bench tops this week. Slightest thing makes awful marks and takes a good few sponge wipes with soapy water to clean. I’ve been dreaming about my white kitchen for 10 years and now this. Not very impressed to say the least.

Sandra J.
Sandra J.asked

We are installing a Kaboodle corner wall cabinet. The hinges to the cupboard keep popping off when we open the door. It appears that the latch is not holding the hinge well. When have adjusted screws and still not working. Please help

Bill C.
Bill C.

If I understand you correctly, the bit that 'flaps' on the door is not clicking into the flat bit that you have screwed to the inside of the cupboard. You have to push that flappy bit onto the flat bit until it clicks. I have not done this for a while but you have to sort of slide it until it clicks in and then you press down like an old fashioned suitcase with the metal latches. Maybe you could adjust the screws on the top and bottom to the fullest in or out and up or down so they are the same positions top and bottom and then try it. Whatever you do, do not force it (even though you feel like it :) ).

Kay
Kayasked

What us the best product to use on a molasses bench top and cupboard doors to keep them looking as good as the showroom?

Stu H

https://www.hunker.com/13724321/how-to-clean-laminate-countertops - good advice here

Emma H.
Emma H.

get a spray bottle fill with seventy percent white vinegar and 30 percent water, plus a splash of dishwash liquid. use a lint free cloth or muslin

eduardo s.
eduardo s.asked

Is the chipboard in your kitchen benches water resistant; if so, is it identifiable by color, marks or code?

Lyn C.
Lyn C.asked

Can you buy egg white doors to cover a fridge 1700mm by 605mm or to the ceiling 2400mm?

eduardo s.
eduardo s.asked

Is the particle board on you bench tops rated as water resistant, if so how can I identify it; any code, marks or paint?. Your response is greatly appreciated as I'm considering your product for my kitchen renovation

Kassandra L.
Kassandra L.

I'm not sure unfortunately, sorry.

Anna.
Anna.asked

I have a corner cupboard. The hinges do not hold and the cupboard doors keep moving causing the drawers next to the cupboard not closing. I know I can change the hinges which I have done previously but how do you stop the problem continuing.

Get an answer from our members and Kaboodle Kitchen representatives