Kogan Internet

17 questions from our users

Amby P.

Amby P.asked

Hi There,

I want to join with Koogan, but I would like to know if installations are still okay with this lock down happening? Or is it benifical for me to wait till after. Please Im very keen to jump on with you guys.

caxmoo
caxmoo

Installations are available but be prepared for slower speeds, high jitters and hours of wait over the phone but never expect to be answered. but in any case I don't recommend using kogan internet modem as it really sux. There are other options out there consider before act.

Luckie

Luckieasked

NBN 100 (Gold)

I've connected NBN afew months now and the internet constantly drop out or not working at all. I've cameras unable to access from work to watch out for my kids getting to and from school. Very frustration... Looking to cancel the service soon.

Fired Up

Suggest you repost as a Review

Rahul

Rahulasked

NBN 25 (Bronze)

I have Huawei HG 569 modem I have called three times to kogan call centre to know How to configure it, nobody is giving reliable answer instead hung up saying" we can only help you if you buy modem from us" very pathetic customer service. now I am thinking to switch to some other provider.

Fired Up

I would agree with Kogan. Why do you refuse contacting Huawei as it is their modem ? Hope your next provider does not give the same answer.

Tia T.

Tia T.asked

NBN 100 (Gold)

I have placed an order for Kogan modem to be delivered to my new address which I wont be moving in until Monday the 25th. Can I change the address of delivery to my current address?

Natalie

Natalieasked

I have been interested in the Kogan plans. I am not IT savvy so I find picking an appropriate provider a little overwhelming. I am interested in either the NBN 50 or NBN 100 for speed. I live in postcode 2195. Kogan is affiliated with Vodafone so I thought that would be a bonus by way of being reputable with support? I am acknowledging the latest very negative reviews and am now disillusioned.

Fired Up

Why not simply ring them as this is an independent Review site?

Scammed

Scammedasked

NBN 100 (Gold)

How do they get away with this scam ?

Their help is useless. I hung up after 10 minutes of listening to advertisements.

They are great with their platitudes, but their service is less than woefull.

Novarini

Novariniasked

Hi how long is the deal going for the free modem with Silver and Gold Packages, as i will be moving in a month and will want this plan if the modem is still free by then, does it also have Ethernet ports, thanks.

joyalsaju28
joyalsaju28

Not sure but I believe it will be available for you as no expiry date is shown. You also have to stay connected for a month to be valid for the free modem if my memory is right. Yes it has Ethernet ports.

Terris Lee

Terris Leeasked

NBN 50 (Silver)

How long the internet can work after I buy the package?

Keith
Keith

From my experience, the time it can take for the NBN connection to become active is about 5 working days. A little longer if you need to get cut over from non NBN technology. The order has to be submitted to NBN Co. for activation.

Roshel

I had my NBN box installed with Kogan last Friday. Having been told that it would take until the end of the day to connect, that was revised daily until I was told yesterday it will be February 2020 because of cabling issues. Because the box was installed it has also cut the ADSL2 line so I now have nothing. This is where Kogan are really poor. They have no resolution team and just say it's not their fault. I wish I had gone with another provider. I would likely have the same NBN issue but perhaps an interim solution to get me through.

don

donasked

how to remove disc from player on tv?

Carl Millen
Carl Millen

Hi Don, I’m sorry but this question is not applicable to the Kogan internet service. If it is for a TV set that you have bought I would suggest looking for the eject button on the side of the tv.

Fired Up

Not an internet question. Check your manual

Andrew W.

Andrew W.asked

NBN 100 (Gold)

Worked in IT since 1989. Forced move from Optus Broadband to the NBN via Kogan recently and I have found that the free Modem they provide has extremely low signal strength which contributes to regular dropouts on devices further away from the Modem. Yes, I know all about positioning, signal obstruction and interference which did not occur with Optus Netgear Cable Home Network Gateway. The Kogan TP-Link Router is a real step backwards from the Netgear equipment. Is it possible to get a Modem/Router with a more powerful signal. Btw, we have a D-Link Repeater which helps a bit but connections between it and the Kogan modem are unstable. Advice appreciated.

Fired Up

Sounds like you are asking Kogan rather than the public. If so suggest you contact them directly.

Pasanasked

NBN 50 (Silver)

How long does it take to get connected for the first time? I'm waiting about a week now without a text or email other than first mail confirmation. I'm moving from Telstra to Koganinternet. Am I too late to read reviews, I feel bad when I read reviews about their service. Any idea, how long?

Fired Up

Suggest you contact Kogan rather than ask the public.

Pasan

Thanks Bert, actually I got the sms and email quickly within few days, which is good. I was bit frustrated with my past experiences with telcos. It was fine.

frustratedphone calller

frustratedphone calllerasked

NBN 50 (Silver)

For almost 3 weeks i have been calling and asking for assistance to resolve the performance issues with my NBN, which is almost impossible to use. I notice you keep billing me bit don't seem to won't to fix the issue.

Do i need to go to the telecommunications ombudsmen to get a result?

Gerson

Gersonasked

If an Item has listed as "low stock", does that mean you still have it?
Or could it be just server database delay in logistics?

How do i contact somebody to check whether an item definitely has stock?

Chong

Chongasked

My kogan Internet order Number: 2-2529937299415. When it will be shipped out the free modem? Why I haven't receive any tracking information as you promise to provide one?

Fired Up

Better to ask them directly.

V. Vivatasked

NBN

Hi:
Two questions
1) I live in Wollstonecraft NSW 2065, normally how long would it take you to connect my unit to your network after I signing up online??
2) I am now overseas and will go back to Sydney this Friday Feb 15 and stay there till Mar 6, a total of 3 weeks. I will be back in Sydney in 7-8 months or maybe a year. I plan to sign up for NBN50,
- would like to know how my billing would look like during this initiation period and a 3-week usage;
- when I leave on Mar 6, I just called you to suspend the service, pay for the period I use (but not less than one month). And reconnect when I am back and wish to resume the service. Am I correct??
Look forward to hearing from you.

V. Vivat

It has been two days. I am still waiting for the answers.

Fired Up

Pity you did not contact them directly

Doug

Dougasked

I am 86 yrs of age & looking for a plan for my computer, house phone and mobile phone. Is there such a plan. I am a pensioner & want a cheap plan.

Trace

Traceasked

Is hour nbn down in the springfield lakes are??I have spend 25 minutes on a call with one of your tech guys without any luck and now you are closed between 8pm and 8am...no support..come on guys

Get an answer from our members and Kogan representatives

Other Internet Service Providers