Launtel Residential

Launtel Residential Questions & Answers

Verifiedlauntel.net.au🏆 2024 Award
Susan B · Launtel Residential

Good afternoon, I’m looking to move from Internode (when certain email issues get sorted) and from what I’ve seen Launtel is of great interest. I have an FTTB connection and your website confirms that for my address. Could tell me please what modem/routers you sell? I’m past trying to configure one from scratch, so I want to buy one from you.
Thanks.

Launtel   DM

Howdy Susan! Thank you for your query, I'm afraid we do not provide modems/routers, however, our team will provide recommendations that are extremely easy to set and will suit what you need, and our lovely team will guide you through the entire process to reduce the pain of setting up!

We hope to see you transition over and give our service a go, we also offer a 7-day free trial - external link

Shout out if you have further questions, we are contactable at 1800 528 683 and select option 1

Susan B

Hi Zak, thanks for the very quick reply. I’ll certainly give Launtel a go, but only after the email transition process from Internode is sorted. Which may take some time……

Hilary G.
Hilary G. · nbn 100/20 Home Fast

Do you provide to Crystal Creek, NSW
Do you use the Telstra or Optus network??

Launtel   DM

G'day Hilary! Thank you for your query - We service the majority of Australia, however, it may be best to create a ticket with your address by heading over to this link external link for our team to investigate the address and answer any further queries you may have!

We use neither Telstra nor Optus as our transit/backhaul provider. :)

Andrew J.
Andrew J. · Launtel Residential

How much mouth for 25mhp

Howdy Andrew! Thank you very much for the query
It may be best to contact our awesome CS team on 1800 528 683 and select option 1 as we'll need to check your address to see what plans are available and continue from there. - Zak :)

Stavros S.
Stavros S. · Launtel Residential

hi, I am with Exetel but thinking of connecting to one of your plans and have an Exetel ZTE H1600 modem.
would that work with your service?

Launtel   DM

Hey Stavros Thanks for getting in touch. We should be able to get the device working, I'm not 100% but Exetel rarely lock their equipment. Depending on how well it's running it might be worth upgrading but we're happy to have a go with the ZTE!

Faisal N.
Faisal N. · Launtel Residential

Good day, my property has the NBN device (fibre box) installed. I have checked on launtel website my address has NBN available. What's next for me? Do I need to buy a separate NBN-supported router and connect it to Fibre box or just a Wifi access point?

Launtel   DM

Howdy Faisal! How exciting to have your FTTP installed and ready to go, to get connected with Launtel you'll need to have a router that you will connect to your FTTP box, if you require suggestions I recommend calling the team at 12800 528 683 and select option 1 and our lovely team can assist further. :)

Cymro · nbn 50/20

Are you available in Perth and at what monthly cost ?

Launtel   DM

Hey Cymo We're available all over the country! You're welcome to get in touch with our support staff to have a more in depth discussion around your needs but our nbn prices start at $3.10 per day.

Justin C.
Justin C.

They have one of those "type in your address to check your options" things:

Seems pretty accurate in my testing (so far). :)

Launtel   DM

Hey Justin, Thanks for that :)

Cymro

Thankyou, i am considering at this stage.

Launtel   DM

Hey Cymo, That's awesome! Please don't hesitate to call us on 1800 528 683 and choose option 1 for residential if you have any questions at all :)

Gyula · Launtel Residential

Hi,
Do you have services in Geelong Surfcoast area?
Cheers

Launtel   DM

Hi Gyula We provide internet all over Australia! There are some service types & wholesalers that we may not provide service over so if you'd like more specific information, please get in touch with our team directly and we'll be happy to assist

Cymro

I'm interested in changing from iiet and looking favourably at your service, Is there much hassle in changing over ?

Launtel   DM

Hi Cymro, There is no hassle at all. You can follow the below link, and we will take care of the rest
external link

cheers

Aziel A.
Aziel A. · nbn 100/20 Home Fast

Hi,

I’m looking to get Launtel in December. I have a Belong modem at the moment. Should I keep it or buy another? I’m happy to take recommendations. We have FTTP where we live.

Launtel   DM

Hey Aziel Thanks for getting in touch. You're welcome to test out the Belong router but they really aren't the best. We do have the eero 6+ available in our online store and we're happy to make some recommendations tailored to your usage as well

Feel free to pop a support ticket in for more information

Pat
Pat · Launtel Residential

Hi, I'm interested to understand, I had a terrible time when changing my previous NBN provider, they even said they couldn't find my connection and was going to charge a whole new connection fee. Took days and many phone calls to sort out. How do you provide pretty much instant connection?

Karen B.
Karen B.

Hi Pat, from what I understand every internet provider uses a D1 port and Launtel uses D2 .. I'm not heaps savvy on it but what I do know is you can do your 7 day free trial while still connected to your current provider, just need to change your modem settings whuch they can help you with. My connection was within 5 minutes! They are super nice yo deal with so if you have any concerns,give them an email or call.

Launtel   DM

Howdy Pat! Thanks for the query, just so we can provide the best advice may I ask you to raise a ticket with the address included so we can provide the correct information over at residential@launtel.net.au or contact 1800 528 683 and select option 1 for our residential side of things. :)

I look forward to hearing from you

Zak - Residential Team Leader.

dave
dave · Launtel Residential

Hi do you supply a modem with your service cheers.

Launtel   DM

Hi Dave, We don't supply any modems or routers. But you can use an existing modem/router from another provider if you have one. Otherwise, we can give you some recommendations.

I recommend calling us on 1800 528 683, pressing option 1 for residential services.
Alternatively, you can reach out via email ( residential@launtel.net.au ) with the address you are looking to connect at so we can provide you with the correct recommendations.

Donovane · Launtel Residential

Hello ive just recently applied for a 50/20 speed plan but would like much faster speeds as im a gamer on my pc and live with parents as of the moment so quite a few of us on our devices. im currently using a telstra white modem unsure of the exact one and i will be changing. on top of that my status says im active but the router is offline yet still able to recieve atleast 7 megabits per second.

Launtel   DM

Hi Donovane, Thank you for reaching out. I believe you have spoken to Nick this morning, and he was able to get you online, and then organise a time for opticomm to come out and upgrade your equipment.
If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know.

Donovane

yes that correct and best customer service i have recieved thank you all

amusivethreads
amusivethreads · Launtel Residential

Does Launtel allow customers to set up direct debit via their own bank account as opposed to allowing Launtel to direct debit the customers account.

Launtel   DM

Hi there, Thanks for reaching out.

You are able to configure an automatic recurring PayID direct deposit to your unique PayID email address provided in your portal.

It's important to note that direct debits you are referring to can only be done on PayTo and require a PayTo agreement and funds debited from your accounts.

Let us know if you require further clarification or more information on this, we'd be happy to assist :)

Kindly,

Gayan R.
Gayan R. · Launtel Residential

Hello everyone,

I recently moved to a new unit, which is equipped with OptiComm as the service provider. However, I encountered an issue where the ONT device is missing, and the fiber cable is simply hanging out of the wall. I reached out to both OptiComm and my service provider, Launtel, and they confirmed that there should be an OptiComm ONT device in my unit. Unfortunately, it is nowhere to be found.

To address the situation, I contacted the building manager who checked other units in the building. Surprisingly, all of them have the ONT unit except for mine. I then reached out to OptiComm once again, and they provided me with a form to fill out. They assured me that a technician would be sent to replace the missing unit, but it would cost $300. Unfortunately, my landlord has refused to cover the fee, and the real estate agent has been unhelpful.

I'm at a loss for what to do next. The reception for 5G broadband in this area is very poor, and I have already tried multiple providers including Optus, Telstra, and Vodafone.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Launtel   DM

Hi Gayan, Thank you for reaching out, I will be giving you a call shortly in regards to this, This is something we can definitely escalate with Opticomm from our end so that we can get you up and running as soon as possible.

Jodie L.
Jodie L. · Launtel Residential

I have a Technicolor tg789vac v3 modern from my previous provider.
Will this modern work with your services and would there be a capped speed with that modem?

Launtel   DM

Howdy Jodie! We have had previous dealings getting these units online, but it may be best to give our customer service team a call at 1800 528 683 to allow us to have a chat further as it's dependent on the previous provider.

Naomi J
Naomi J · Launtel Residential

I saw people indicating they were 'picking' their own speed and changing this as required.
Can you explain what this means in real-terms?
Do you jump between the price options depending on what speed you pick that day?

Alison
Alison

Correct! So you can choose your speed plan for the following day, each speed plan has a different daily charge. You can change it once per day and you will be billed for that day on the speed you selected. They have a great easy to use internet login page for your account - where you can change speeds, see daily costs, check usage history etc;

Launtel   DM

Hi Naomi - Alison has hit the nail on the head - This is why we have daily pricing, so that you can change the speed of your internet as you require and have total control of your daily and weekly spend. The button to change the speed is in your customer portal right next to the pause button (that allows you to easily pause the internet and costs when you are away from the house or don't need the internet on certain days).

Please contact our support staff if you need additional information or help with the portal.

Austen
Austen · Launtel Residential

A few questions:
For new customers, how long does the FillerUp discount last once you start using Launtel?
Does Launtel provide a router, or are customers required to purchase their own?
If you are required to purchase your own, are there any specific routers you would suggest, or a trusted router retailer that you could direct customers to?

Carmel B.
Carmel B.

You’d best off contacting Launtel about these questions, however I can say Launtel do not provide a modem and they have good info on their website about recommendations/what to do if you have a previous provider modem already. My old one was provided by my previous provider and was locked to the old provider, so I bought one and it was easy as pie to set up. Launtel reached out to me when there was a few hours delay between me signing up and having the new modem (I was at work being the reason for the delay) and they have been incredible to deal with. I got mine at Officeworks.

Launtel   DM

Hi Austen - Thanks for the questions - The FillerUp discount lasts for 12 months. We provide plenty of notice of the discount ending to give people the opportunity to decide on continuing with us on the normal pricing. We've also found that most people already have a router and so we let people use that one or pick one up from a local electrical store if they would like a new one. Our staff can help you pick the best make/model for your requirements and budget.
If you would like help directly, just email residential@launtel.net.au or go to our website and use the Chat facility.
Cheers,
Adam

djmc
djmc · Launtel Residential

Do they have home phone as well as internet?

Launtel   DM

Hi Djmc, Our residential offers are for internet only, we don't offer a phone service on them sorry.
If you decided to give us a go you would need to go with a stand-alone Voip provider.
If you have an existing home phone number you would need to churn the number first and then connect the internet service with us once the phone order was complete.

George · Launtel Residential

Do you get still get charged when it’s paused?

Launtel   DM

Hey George, while paused you will not be charged , regardless of how long you keep the service paused.

George

What's the standby charge?

Launtel   DM

Hey George, the standby charge is a 0/0 service that keeps the service active but at a significantly reduce cost, its main use is for users on an Opticomm service.

Pascal
Pascal · Launtel Residential

I got the $100 recredited into my account after I canceled the static IP. But i want this refunded into my bank. How do i do this?

Launtel   DM

Hi Pascal, Please contact our support team on 1800 528 683 or resi-support@launtel.net.au and our team can assist :)

Launtel   DM

Hi Pascal, Just wanting to check into see if you have managed to contact support in regards to your refund.

Nick M.
Nick M. · Launtel Residential

Advise plans

Launtel   DM

Hi Nick, Our plans vary a bit by area & technology so please contact our Support team on 1800 528 683 or Chat/Email us resi-support@launtel.net.au or enter your address here to see the plans available: external link

Get an answer from our members and Launtel representatives

Select a listing for your question
Launtel Residential

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Launtel Residential is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023, 2022 and 2021. Learn more

Mint Telecom