Leaptel Questions & Answers

Verifiedleaptel.com.au
Mel
Mel · NBN 50/20 (Accelerated)

What towers do you use for NBN plans? Telstra or Optus?

Markus
Markus

The NBN doesn't utilize towers for most connection types, except for Fixed Wireless, which relies on NBN's dedicated towers. If you are not sure about your connection type you can contact Leaptel and they can check.

Mel

Ah ok thank you, just thought to ask since when Optus was down all over weeks ago my nbn was down too.

Leaptel   DM

Hi Mel, As Markus said, the NBN network is separate to Optus and doesn't use Telstra/Optus/Vodafone towers. When Optus had its outage it did not impact Leaptel in anyway beyond us being unable to contact any customers who were on Optus mobile for obvious reasons.

I hope that answers your question but if you need any further information please let me know.

Best wishes,

Teddy
Teddy · NBN

I want to know whether the speed of opticomm of leaptel is the same as that of NbN when playing games, because I used opticomm of leaptel to Ping games is very good before

Leaptel   DM

Hi Teddy, You should expect to see a similar level of service performance on nbn as compared to Opticomm, depending of course on what sort of nbn technology type you have at your address. Whereas most Opticomm is FTTP (Fibre to the Premise), nbn has a mix of technologies deployed and performance can vary on some of them. You can read more about the nbn technologies at external link .

However Leaptel's typical evening speeds on nbn are the same or exceed those on Opticomm so in almost all cases you will notice very little difference between nbn and Opticom.

Stan S.
Stan S. · OptiComm

I LEAPTEL off line just now??

Leaptel   DM

Hi Steve, We had no issues with our network yesterday. If you're ever having issues with your internet connection please contact our support team directly. You can find our contact details and hours at external link .

Vlad M.
Vlad M. · Leaptel

Hi there I am moving into a new apartment complex in Sydney that has the Opticomm FTTP network and I was wondering how much notice we need to give you to be connected if our move in date is 30/08/2021 please? I spoke to your online support team and they said the net is available at our address. Also would a Netgear D6220 mode router be compatible with the service? Thank you Vlad

Leaptel   DM

Hi Vlad, Assuming all the equipment is installed by OptiComm, the normal activation time is within 1 business day once we lodge the order with OptiComm. You can lodge a signup with us and let us know what day you want it activated and we will line it up to go active on your nominated day.

I have checked the Netgear manual for the D6220 and I believe it is capable of supporting a PPPoE connection via its WAN port, which is what you'd require to set it up for our service. The relevant page of the manual are pages 65 and 66.
Please note however that I cannot guarantee the Netgear will work as it is not something that Leaptel has provided nor support directly.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

vahab b.
vahab b. · OptiComm

Hi. my question is about Pronto month-to-month and 250 G service. Is 250G is for 1 year or 2 years? and what is the usage limitation per month in this service.

Leaptel   DM

Hi vahab b., Thanks for your question. Our month-to-month plan is a rolling monthly service that continues for as long as you keep the service active with us. It doesn't have a expiration date.

The 250GB data limit is per month, so that means it gets 250GB of data for the month. If you exceed 250GB of data in a month the speed of the service is shaped in line with the speed shaping outlined on the Critical Information Summary (presently 1Mbps down and up).

Jan E. · Leaptel

I am overseas and want to be connected when I arrive back in Australia in April. How long does it take to be connected? My Address is Rushall Park 10 McKean Avenue North Fitzroy.

Leaptel   DM

Hi Jan, I believe I've assisted you on the correct address via private message, but if you still need assistance with this address please let me know.

Jan E. · Home Phone

I am going into a new apartment in Nth Fitzroy in April and was wondering how much notice I need to give before connection?

Leaptel   DM

Hi Jan - It depends on whether the address has the equipment installed or not. I would recommend talking to our team on livechat at external link  and providing them with your address. They will be able to advise you on the timelines for activation and about the order process.

Jan E.

Ok I will do that. I am in Italy until April so what hours could I talk to them?

Leaptel   DM

Hi Jan, Given you're overseas and the timezones could be difficult, perhaps it would be best to email our support team at support@leaptel.com.au. That way they can get back to you with detailed information.
We are however open Monday - Friday, 9am - 9pm AEDT and Saturday & Sunday 9am - 7pm AEDT.

Jan E.

I tried to contact support@leaptel.com.au and couldn't get connected.

Leaptel   DM

Hi Jan, I have sent you a private message seeking more information to sort this out for you.

Tom
Tom · OptiComm

Hi I am with Leaptel. I have not got my Netcom NF18ACV Router as yet but my service is up and running 25/5.
I would like to know when I received the Leaptel router if it is as they say simply pug and play. The kids really need the WIFI

Leaptel   DM

Hi Tom, Best to get in touch with us directly on 1300 205 327 or via livechat at external link  so that we can look up your order and check about the status of that router delivery.

We aim for the router to arrive on or before the connection goes active, but there might be a delay on the delivery of the router by the courier company. This will need to be looked into when you contact us.

Warm Regards,
Chris

Get an answer from our members and Leaptel representatives

Select a listing for your question

Extra Information