Mazda CX-9

Mazda CX-9 Questions & Answers

TB, TC
Brand Manager for Mazda? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

39 questions from our users

Mohan B.
Mohan B.asked
CX-9 TC GT AWD, 2.5L Petrol (2016-2021)

I bought a New Mazda cx9 GT FWD this August 2021 and I'm enjoying the drive and its tech. But i encountered an issue on the backup camera. The guided lines are not turning when I'm turning the steering wheel. Still my other 2019 Honda Civic basic model is having this freature.

Please reply if any one have the same model or know the answer.

Baz
Baz

No issues here, lines appear for me. Could be a settings issue, just take it back to car yard and get them to fix it

Glen G.
Glen G.asked
CX-9 TC GT (2016-2021)

Does the 2016 Mazda CX-9 GT have auto folding mirrors?

Randy D.
Randy D.asked
CX-9

hi my cx9 my wheel scratching underneath when i"m turning left and right in a loop way,have any idea to know the problem?

Randy D.
Randy D.asked
CX-9

hi,does cx9 tb series 2008 is awd or 4wd? what are the difference between awd and 4wd?

Tran
Tranasked
CX-9 TC (2016-2021)

Does the air cond work good? I have a friend, he bought Mazda CX9 Azami LE 2018. He told me that the air cond was not cold enough if your car park outside with the temperature over 35. I looking forward to hear ideas from all the people who have driven this car. Thanks a lot

Tracey A.
Tracey A.asked
CX-9

My Mazda CX-9 has 4WD mode flashing how do I turn it off?

Shan

Usually it goes off after breaking traction on the front wheels. It goes off after approx 10 seconds. If it doesn’t you have a fault. But sounds like a sensor issue

Thil
Thilasked
CX-9

Are there brake booster problems with 2019 Mazda CX-9 ?

JD Paulasked
CX-9 TC Azami LE (2018-2021)

Hi, Anybody have creaking noises coming for the center console (parts surrounding the gear shifter)??

Prav
Prav

Yes, exact same issue. Took it to the dealer twice, they put in extra padding etc but the creaking surfaces again after couple of days. Gets irritating that such a quiet ride is interrupted by creaks from the inside.

JD Paul

Man! So bloody annoying! Dealer did the same thing on mine. Put some 'foam padding' and it still creaks like there is no tomorrow! Males the whole car feel cheap because of this irritating creaking noise. Bet they've used cheap plastic bits. Also, the leather rubs against the arm rest plastic when taking a turn and it's bloody creaking again. Can't explain how bloody annoying that is - I'm thinking of getting rid of the car seriously.

Jessie E.
Jessie E.asked
CX-9

How much would this be through finance

Craig Masked

Hi,
We have a 2013 cx9 which has been great until a concern last year with severe brake vibration and shudder as we descended down Bilgola Plateau which is nice and steep.
Had it checked out by mechanic and the thought from him was a tree branch or road debris might have got caught up in the brakes but all was good.
Until last week when my wife was descending through Kangaroo Valley which again is steep and hard on the brakes and it happened again which now has her concerned about brake failure.
Braking in normal street and highway driving is the same as usual but these two incidents are proving to be a concern.
Has anyone had the same experience or any advice on the probable cause?

Shan

Get your brake pads and rotors checked. I’d say rotors are warped and need to be replaced or skimmed. Aggressive braking generally causes it.

Thanks Shan

Albert K.
Albert K.

My cx9 awd only done 4000km, was towing a trailer on a highway at 100kph, the brake pad on front driver side made a very loud clapping sound when negotiating a down hill left cornering as it reduced to 80kph. The brakes are normal on all other driving conditions. Mazda dealer advised it was the abs in action.

Denisasked
CX-9 TC (2016-2021)

My 2016,current shape, is rocking when idling, did the same 2 years ago Mazda could not find anything wrong, now it's doing it again.

Shan

Probably the engine mounts. Assuming all the servicing has been done correctly and on time.

Denis

All the servicing was done in time and at a Mazda dealership.Could have something to do with engine management system....?

Shan

is it vibration or a miss fire?

Optus peanuts
Optus peanutsasked
CX-9 TB (2007-2015)

I am looking at a 2008 CX9 with 180000 kilometres do I need to be concerned about anything

Shan

No, just your usual checks. Servicing, oils, plugs and noisy bushes/bearings.

Andrew
Andrew

No? You're kidding?
If it's the AWD model Google
"Mazda CX-9 Transfer Case"
"Mazda CX-9 water pump failure"
"Mazda CX-9 Brake Booster"
All major issues. All thousands of dollars to repair. You should be especially concerned buying one with higher kms.

Carol L.
Carol L.asked
CX-9

Sunroof has a rattle any suggestions

Carol L.
Carol L.asked
CX-9

What would cause the sun roof to rattle

Ryiu
Ryiuasked
CX-9

Hi, I bought Mazda CX-9 FWD couple of years ago but realising now that I should have bought AWD. Is there a kit that I can upgrade to from FWD to AWD?

Mick
Mick

Hi Ryiu
not 100% if a kit would be available try a call to Mazda , But i think the cost would not be practical i think it is a $5 upgrade from new so getting one retro fitted would hurt the wallet .
all the best

Ali
Aliasked

Hi guys
I bought a Mazda CX-9 one month ago, the gearbox is broken I took it to the mechanic. My car is in the garage of mechanic. Unfortunately I don’t know is it AWD or FWD! I asked the mechanic he didn’t know too. What can I do?

Take it to a new mechanic.
If he doesn't know this then he is not a very good mechanic.

Jo Taps
Jo Tapsasked

Hi,
I recently bought a 2011 Mazda CX-9 FWD with Sat-nav, ive noticed the map is really out of date (new roads, changes not pick up), any experience of updating the DVD navigation at less expensive dealer update? Thanks.

Micko
Mickoasked
CX-9 TB (2007-2015)

Can i turn off 4wd on my cx9 so its 2wd consant?

Viv
Viv

It’s not a 4wd. It’s an AWD. No you can’t turn it off

T.G
T.Gasked
CX-9

My mazda cx9 2009 2009 model is consuming fuel excessively what could be wrong and how can I fix it ?

iryinna
iryinna

what type of fuel do you go for ?..I do premium in mine and it does awesome .saves me a lot !

Boris Yasminsky
Boris Yasminsky

98 Octane. Around town 18.7L/100kms and highway 12.8L/100kms. Remember SUV's are trucks over 2T, not little hatchbacks that use 6-10L/100kms wherever they go.

Shan

I average about 11.8-12.8L/100kms on mine. I do baby/coast a-lot. However, if I open it up or drive a bit zippy, it drinks and goes to above 15l/100kms

Minatiasked
CX-9

Can I install a front sensor to CX-9 (Canada model-2017, signature trim)?

Prabakar
Prabakar

Yes, it is possoble

Minati

Do you mean the independently available sensors or the ones for Mazda as is available in Australian models !

Mazda CX-9