Mazda CX-9

Mazda CX-9 Questions & Answers

TC (2016-2019) and TB (2007-2015)

28 questions from our users

I am looking at a 2008 CX9 with 180000 kilometres do I need to be concerned about anything

Sunroof has a rattle any suggestions

What would cause the sun roof to rattle

Hi guys I bought a Mazda CX-9 one month ago, the gearbox is broken I took it to the mechanic. My car is in the garage of mechanic. Unfortunately I don’t know is it AWD or FWD! I asked the mechanic he didn’t know too. What can I do?
Take it to a new mechanic. If he doesn't know this then he is not a very good mechanic.

Hi, I recently bought a 2011 Mazda CX-9 FWD with Sat-nav, ive noticed the map is really out of date (new roads, changes not pick up), any experience of updating the DVD navigation at less expensive dealer update? Thanks.

Can i turn off 4wd on my cx9 so its 2wd consant?
It’s not a 4wd. It’s an AWD. No you can’t turn it off

My mazda cx9 2009 2009 model is consuming fuel excessively what could be wrong and how can I fix it ?
what type of fuel do you go for ?..I do premium in mine and it does awesome .saves me a lot !98 Octane. Around town 18.7L/100kms and highway 12.8L/100kms. Remember SUV's are trucks over 2T, not little hatchbacks that use 6-10L/100kms wherever they go.

Can I install a front sensor to CX-9 (Canada model-2017, signature trim)?
Yes, it is possobleDo you mean the independently available sensors or the ones for Mazda as is available in Australian models !

Hello. Just thinking of buying a new CRV 7 seater or cx9. Just wondering what sort of mileage you guys getting with cx9? Thanks in advance.
I'm not really sure but I have had my car for 2+yrs and my reading is 13.1litres per 100km - on the high side.Around town 18.7L/100kms and highway 12.8L/100kms. Remember SUV's are trucks over 2T, not little hatchbacks that use 6-10L/100kms wherever they go.

Price of Mazda 3 x 9 please?
My CX-9 Touring was $46,300.mazda cx9 ,2017 signature trim 44000$ (auburn napa leather seats,navigation,...etc )How much is masda 6 plese

Hi, We test drove CX-9 GT a few weeks ago and while the car seems really nice we had a couple of concerns. We drove the one with black leather seats and it was quite dark and stuffy even on this sunny day which I guess it is due to CX-9's tiny sunroof and lack of third-row air vents. Any owner wants to share their experiences? Does the Ivory leather seats make it any brighter inside? Thanks in advance, Neil
I had a Honda CRV with beige leather seats so opted black leather seats on my new CX9. I'm really happy with it, as it blends well and doesn't show off the dirt. With the third row, I don't use them often, but you are right, the absence of air vents is a little disadvantage.Sunroof is tiny compared to kia sorento's large Moonroof , but i'm still happy with it.We have the black interior and don't find it dark and stuffy at all. In fact having children I much prefer the black.try the cx9 signature 2017,auburn leather seats ...awesome!!!!

Hello Everyone Bought CX9 Alamo last week drove 700km Today the navigation screen doesn't load up and shows message "loading navigation" Any suggestion why?
Just try eject and re insert the SD card. It should do the trick.

Hi All. We are considering CX-9 sport FWD and was wondering about real world fuel consumption especially in city driving conditions. Given that past Mazda models have a history of poor fuel efficiency it would be really helpful to know what owners experience in real world. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks
Hi Manny. I drive out to Amberley from Brisbane almost daily. The average consumption as indicated on the dash is about 9l/100km. Which is not too bad for an SUV of this size. But if you will be doing mostly town driving, I'd say that it may go to 11L/100km. But comparing this 2.5L Turbo petrol engine to the competition (Kluger, Sorento all have 3.3/3.5 V6 engines, Santa Fe has 2.2l petrol version but nowhere near the performance of the CX-9), the consumption you get from the CX-9 is really good. The start-stop feature for the engine also helps with consumption, don't ever switch this off if you want to save on some fuel. I personally think that it is good for a company to have a history, good or bad. They learn from it and boy, did Mazda ever learn. Hope this helps.Hi Manny, We purchased the new CX9 back in Jan2017. A little bit disappointed with the fuel consumption. We get on average around 13.5/14.5L every 100km which mostly includes driving in Sydney traffic. The reading improves once on the motorway (get around 9-11L every 100km) so overall not happy with fuel consumption. I have asked two other owners of the new CX9, thinking there was something wrong with my car but they have said the same thing (ie around the 13.5L every 100km). Not sure how Mazda can get away with claiming their fuel consumption figures. Anyway, other than that the car goes great, more that enough power and very easy to drive for such a big car. Hope this helps.

Hi there. We have purchased the cx-9 touring FWD and I was wondering how everyone felt about it not having front sensors? I'm just worried as the bonnet is so long! Any tips would be appreciated on how to navigate the front without damaging the front, I almost had a heart attack driving it in an underground car park. Love it but it's huge!
I think it is something you get used to over time. Previously I had a Mazda 3 so it is definitely a big difference to park and navigate around car parks, but I'm aware of how much bigger the car is and find an appropriate spot for it.

Hi just a wanna know the 2013 Mazda CX-9 Luxury TB Series 5 Auto 3.7 engine is front wheel drive or 4×4 ? If it's 4×4 then in the websit says front wheel drive?
The 2013 Mazda CX9 came in both an AWD and 2 wheel drive version (which is front wheel drive) so you would need to check with the seller.Thanks mateI have the 2015 luxury model which is front wheel drive only. The grand touring edition is 4x4 I'm not sure about the 2013 model sorry

could anyone help me I'm looking at the 2016 Mazda cx9 touring AWD wanting to know if the sound system in the car is bose speakers ? and if its any good?
hi there yes all Mazda have Bose speakers i cant speak for the new cx9 model but our 2015 bose speakers are fantastic!In the new Mazda CX-9 only the GT and Azami models have Bose speakers. The Sport and Touring models do NOT have Bose speakers but they are good enough for me.

How do i know if my Madza Cx-9 Sports Utility is a 2wd or a 4wd.. i need to know for my routers and brakes
It will be on your registration paperwork. Pretty sure all CX-9's are All Wheel Drive (awd).Look in your purchase paperwork

Hi guys! I am interested in buying 2008 cx9 luxury, the car has done 110000 kms. The car looks in perfect condition but just a bit scared of buying this old car. Please help!
Hi, Can't advise you about that specific car but I bought mine new 7 years ago, and it has now done 110,000km. So far not one problem. Love the car. No intention of trading it till the kids are grown and I no longer need 7 seats. Hoping not to have to worry for at least another 5 years. Good Luck with your decision :).I have a 2009 which pretty much the same car and it has been flawless to this point. Only done 100,000 though so still a baby really. I'll be hanging on to mine for another 4 years I'd guess. Dam good car for my needs (4 kids).I'm going to be objective here and give advice based on the facts you stating. While I love my CX9 and hope I drive it till the wheels fall off. Its worth noting the what you looking it is over 100k in mileage and is 8 years old. Cars can be appear in immaculate condition but unless you a mechanic there is no telling what you buying or whether the previous owner actually looked after it or not. Have you considered buying a certified used Mazda CX9. While it may cost you more upfront it may offer you re-assurance / save you money down the line. Deals will alway come up so don't feel pressured to buy something based on a limited time offer. Good Luck

Having said that I got a quote of 49K for Luxury, just can't make up my mind between CX9 or Nissan pathfinder. i am worried on fuel with CX9, any suggestions?
Hiya, just wondered if you had made a decision? We are in the same boat, deciding between the CX9 & Pathfinder! Fuel economy worries me with the CX9.That's right I'm with u, I saw 7 seater fiat crossroad all fully loaded in 40k still confused huge saving 10k to 15k saving what u think?

Get an answer from our members and Mazda representatives

Similar listings