Mazda CX-9

Mazda CX-9 Questions & Answers

TC (2016-2019) and TB (2007-2015)

31 questions from our users

Jessie E.

Jessie E.asked

CX-9

How much would this be through finance

Craig Masked

Hi,
We have a 2013 cx9 which has been great until a concern last year with severe brake vibration and shudder as we descended down Bilgola Plateau which is nice and steep.
Had it checked out by mechanic and the thought from him was a tree branch or road debris might have got caught up in the brakes but all was good.
Until last week when my wife was descending through Kangaroo Valley which again is steep and hard on the brakes and it happened again which now has her concerned about brake failure.
Braking in normal street and highway driving is the same as usual but these two incidents are proving to be a concern.
Has anyone had the same experience or any advice on the probable cause?

Shan

Get your brake pads and rotors checked. I’d say rotors are warped and need to be replaced or skimmed. Aggressive braking generally causes it.

Thanks Shan

Denisasked

CX-9 TC

My 2016,current shape, is rocking when idling, did the same 2 years ago Mazda could not find anything wrong, now it's doing it again.

Shan

Probably the engine mounts. Assuming all the servicing has been done correctly and on time.

Denis

All the servicing was done in time and at a Mazda dealership.Could have something to do with engine management system....?

Shan

is it vibration or a miss fire?

Optus peanuts

Optus peanutsasked

CX-9 TB

I am looking at a 2008 CX9 with 180000 kilometres do I need to be concerned about anything

Carol L.

Carol L.asked

CX-9

Sunroof has a rattle any suggestions

Carol L.

Carol L.asked

CX-9

What would cause the sun roof to rattle

Ryiu

Ryiuasked

CX-9

Hi, I bought Mazda CX-9 FWD couple of years ago but realising now that I should have bought AWD. Is there a kit that I can upgrade to from FWD to AWD?

Mick
Mick

Hi Ryiu
not 100% if a kit would be available try a call to Mazda , But i think the cost would not be practical i think it is a $5 upgrade from new so getting one retro fitted would hurt the wallet .
all the best

Ali

Aliasked

Hi guys
I bought a Mazda CX-9 one month ago, the gearbox is broken I took it to the mechanic. My car is in the garage of mechanic. Unfortunately I don’t know is it AWD or FWD! I asked the mechanic he didn’t know too. What can I do?

Matthew9929
Matthew9929

Take it to a new mechanic.
If he doesn't know this then he is not a very good mechanic.

Jo Taps

Jo Tapsasked

Hi,
I recently bought a 2011 Mazda CX-9 FWD with Sat-nav, ive noticed the map is really out of date (new roads, changes not pick up), any experience of updating the DVD navigation at less expensive dealer update? Thanks.

Micko

Mickoasked

CX-9 TB

Can i turn off 4wd on my cx9 so its 2wd consant?

Viv
Viv

It’s not a 4wd. It’s an AWD. No you can’t turn it off

T.G

T.Gasked

CX-9

My mazda cx9 2009 2009 model is consuming fuel excessively what could be wrong and how can I fix it ?

iryinna

what type of fuel do you go for ?..I do premium in mine and it does awesome .saves me a lot !

Boris Yasminsky

98 Octane. Around town 18.7L/100kms and highway 12.8L/100kms. Remember SUV's are trucks over 2T, not little hatchbacks that use 6-10L/100kms wherever they go.

Minatiasked

CX-9

Can I install a front sensor to CX-9 (Canada model-2017, signature trim)?

Prabakar
Prabakar

Yes, it is possoble

Minati

Do you mean the independently available sensors or the ones for Mazda as is available in Australian models !

Carvaan

Carvaanasked

CX-9

Hello. Just thinking of buying a new CRV 7 seater or cx9. Just wondering what sort of mileage you guys getting with cx9? Thanks in advance.

Sharon Reid
Sharon Reid

I'm not really sure but I have had my car for 2+yrs and my reading is 13.1litres per 100km - on the high side.

Mandyasked

CX-9

Price of Mazda 3 x 9 please?

Illusion22

My CX-9 Touring was $46,300.

iryinna

mazda cx9 ,2017 signature trim 44000$ (auburn napa leather seats,navigation,...etc )

How much is masda 6 plese

Praxad

Praxadasked

Hi,
We test drove CX-9 GT a few weeks ago and while the car seems really nice we had a couple of concerns. We drove the one with black leather seats and it was quite dark and stuffy even on this sunny day which I guess it is due to CX-9's tiny sunroof and lack of third-row air vents. Any owner wants to share their experiences? Does the Ivory leather seats make it any brighter inside?

Thanks in advance,

Neil

Aravind

I had a Honda CRV with beige leather seats so opted black leather seats on my new CX9. I'm really happy with it, as it blends well and doesn't show off the dirt. With the third row, I don't use them often, but you are right, the absence of air vents is a little disadvantage.Sunroof is tiny compared to kia sorento's large Moonroof , but i'm still happy with it.

Illusion22

We have the black interior and don't find it dark and stuffy at all. In fact having children I much prefer the black.

iryinna

try the cx9 signature 2017,auburn leather seats ...awesome!!!!

Naysar

Naysarasked

Hello Everyone
Bought CX9 Alamo last week drove 700km
Today the navigation screen doesn't load up and shows message "loading navigation"
Any suggestion why?

Aravind

Just try eject and re insert the SD card. It should do the trick.

Manny

Mannyasked

CX-9 TC

Hi All. We are considering CX-9 sport FWD and was wondering about real world fuel consumption especially in city driving conditions. Given that past Mazda models have a history of poor fuel efficiency it would be really helpful to know what owners experience in real world. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Flat White
Flat White

Hi Manny. I drive out to Amberley from Brisbane almost daily. The average consumption as indicated on the dash is about 9l/100km. Which is not too bad for an SUV of this size. But if you will be doing mostly town driving, I'd say that it may go to 11L/100km. But comparing this 2.5L Turbo petrol engine to the competition (Kluger, Sorento all have 3.3/3.5 V6 engines, Santa Fe has 2.2l petrol version but nowhere near the performance of the CX-9), the consumption you get from the CX-9 is really good. The start-stop feature for the engine also helps with consumption, don't ever switch this off if you want to save on some fuel. I personally think that it is good for a company to have a history, good or bad. They learn from it and boy, did Mazda ever learn. Hope this helps.

Dave
Dave

Hi Manny, We purchased the new CX9 back in Jan2017. A little bit disappointed with the fuel consumption. We get on average around 13.5/14.5L every 100km which mostly includes driving in Sydney traffic. The reading improves once on the motorway (get around 9-11L every 100km) so overall not happy with fuel consumption. I have asked two other owners of the new CX9, thinking there was something wrong with my car but they have said the same thing (ie around the 13.5L every 100km). Not sure how Mazda can get away with claiming their fuel consumption figures. Anyway, other than that the car goes great, more that enough power and very easy to drive for such a big car.
Hope this helps.

amylee

amyleeasked

Hi there.
We have purchased the cx-9 touring FWD and I was wondering how everyone felt about it not having front sensors? I'm just worried as the bonnet is so long! Any tips would be appreciated on how to navigate the front without damaging the front, I almost had a heart attack driving it in an underground car park. Love it but it's huge!

Danielle
Danielle

I think it is something you get used to over time. Previously I had a Mazda 3 so it is definitely a big difference to park and navigate around car parks, but I'm aware of how much bigger the car is and find an appropriate spot for it.

Ehsanasked

CX-9 TB

Hi just a wanna know the 2013 Mazda CX-9 Luxury TB Series 5 Auto 3.7 engine is front wheel drive or 4×4 ? If it's 4×4 then in the websit says front wheel drive?

Anthony
Anthony

The 2013 Mazda CX9 came in both an AWD and 2 wheel drive version (which is front wheel drive) so you would need to check with the seller.

Thanks mate

Miranda_83

I have the 2015 luxury model which is front wheel drive only. The grand touring edition is 4x4 I'm not sure about the 2013 model sorry

khan

khanasked

CX-9

could anyone help me I'm looking at the 2016 Mazda cx9 touring AWD wanting to know if the sound system in the car is bose speakers ? and if its any good?

Miranda_83

hi there yes all Mazda have Bose speakers i cant speak for the new cx9 model but our 2015 bose speakers are fantastic!

Snoopy
Snoopy

In the new Mazda CX-9 only the GT and Azami models have Bose speakers.
The Sport and Touring models do NOT have Bose speakers but they are good enough for me.

Get an answer from our members and Mazda representatives