18 questions from our users

Pollyasked

I am considering changing to Medibank travel insurance and have a couple of existing medical issues. I have gone through the application process and have answered honestly and am happy with the addition cost. I have looked at some of the comments and wondered if there are issues when say being hospitalized overseas if you have declared pre existing condition's.

Alan Hogarth
Alan Hogarth

Polly,
I have not been hospitalised overseas however I would expect Medibank travel insurance will cover your pre existing conditions. May I suggest you call Mredibank travel insurance and ask them the question, as they are most helpful, and can give you a positive answer.
Cheers Alan

Hi Polly,
Thanks for getting in touch. We'd love arrange for someone to look into this for you. I just sent you a private message.
Thanks,
Anna

John G

John Gasked

Quote please?

Hi John,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today.

To get a quote on Travel Insurance, please follow the link here: https://travel.medibank.com.au/ .

If you have any further questions or enqiuries please don't hesitate to let us know.

Martin T

Martin Tasked

I have a quote already. How to proceed it?

Hi Martin,
Thanks for getting in touch, please send us a private message with your quote details and we will help you with that. Alternatively, please don’t hesitate to contact our Travel Insurance team on 134 190 from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday & Saturdays 9 am to 4 pm (AEDT) for assistance.
Thanks,
Anna

Dave

Daveasked

Got a quote for travel insurance as my yearly paid insurance had expired.
The quote had gone up about 15% from the previous year I queried what i thought had been an excessive increase
Got no reply
Emailed a second time asking for the information to be forwarded onto a supevisor
Still no reply Been waiting a very long time
Need to speak to or email someone that can actually do something
Dissatisfied.
Dave

Hi Dave,

We are terribly sorry to read that you have not received the customer service you deserve.

Can you please send us a private message with your full name, date of birth, address and email address?

This will allow us to further investigate this for you.

We look forward to your reply.

Rolf P

Rolf Pasked

Please review assessment 12116872 Policy number 7180 00 64 4189.as I have previously being accepted with same conditions
If not covered for these conditions , cancel and refund $299.20 as within 15 day,s cooling off period
Rolf pahlke [email removed]

lloyd
lloyd

I would love to help but I think this question is directed to Medibank, I do not have access to the policy nor could I offer advice on what to do with a particular claim.

I will say I have now moved my health insurance away from Medibank and I have found I have better travel insrance cover free when I use my ANZ credit card to purchase major components of the trip. In fact ANZ cards paid my claim that Medibank denied in full without excess.

Hi Rolf,

Thanks for reaching out with your assessment enquiry.

We would definitely like to help investigate this further for you.

Can you please send us a private message with your full name, date of birth, address and best contact number?

We look forward to hearing from you and further assisting with this matter.

Shaida K

Shaida Kasked

We going to USA .Will we be covered with medibanks comprehensive insurance if we miss a flight and have to buy another ticket?

Erwin De Leon

Erwin De Leonasked

How much is a travel insurance 2 months ?

SheenaMedibank

Hi there, the price is going to depend on a few things. You can get a quick quote by visiting this site here: https://travel.medibank.com.au/ - if you need any further help, please call us on 132 331. Happy travels! Sheena

Louiseasked

Hi, my son has been in Europe studying in Germany and traveling throughout Europe this year. He has travel insurance with you guys which covers all of Europe, Asia and the Middle East until 20 December 2017. He is now going to do charity work in Uganda until mid December and I am wondering what I can do to include Uganda on his travel insurance. I would appreciate your advice on this. Many thanks Louise Marshall

Medibank P.Medibank

Good morning Louise, it sounds like your son is having quite the trip! We’ll just need a little extra information to be able to help with your enquiry, you can contact our travel team either over the phone on 1300 362544 or via email at medibank@travelinsurancepartners.com.au where we’d be happy to help however we can. Kind Regards, Brett

Louise

Thanks Brett. Spoke to a very helpful guy at your emergency contact last night. I'll get onto this once your office opens at 10:00am today. Again, thank you for your reply! Louise :)

Caro60

Caro60asked

I have already purchased travel insurance from Medibank, however, I still have some concerns. Should the area I am travelling be deemed unsafe by DFAT will Medibank cover cancellation of tour, accommodation and flights or cover the cost of alternative tour/flight options? The fine print is very confusing and I would just like a simple answer.

netgeekette
netgeekette

It would not be covered if it becomes unsafe due to terrorism or any government action this is listed under Section 2: Cancellation and Amendment fees. Only time it may be covered is if it was deemed unsafe due to a natural disaster.

Say Kean Yong

Say Kean Yongasked

Hi,we have signed up to for an annual travel insurance from you. I have read reviews, realise you don't cover flight cancellations. Can you explain what area you cover in this scenario?

Dee
Dee

Will not ever use Medi Bank travel insurance again and will not recommend if in doubt please check with as many other companies and or use a broker which is what i will do to source the best policy in future. They have everything looking enticing and lucrative however when you are stranded overseas and need to claim you are left dangling and grasping at straws. Very unreliable, read everything very carefully they say one thing and deliver another.

Erin Gregg
Erin Gregg

Change your insurance if you have not flown. Read the comments about Medibank Travel. They are disastourous. Look at other options. They will deny your claim at every turn and then you are up for excess after excess for things that are out of your control.

Kokoro

Kokoroasked

I have domestic flights booked departing tomorrow night & returning Monday night that I need to cancel/reschedule due to employment reasons. For the flights I am unable to change immediately, is that something I can claim on our Annual Multi Trip insurance?

Hi Kokoro

Under a Medibank Travel Insurance Policy, we offer the benefit Cancellation and Amendment Fees.
There may be provision to claim however, without full details on the cause of the claim and an assessment of the overall claim we are unable to provide you a definite answer.

We are more than happy to assist you in this matter and would appreciate if you could email your membership details to feedback.complaints@medibank.com.au so that I can investigate further for you

Sathya Ramanan

Tessa Marie

Tessa Marieasked

I am travelling to Europe & Africa!!
No idea which travel insurance to pick however my main concern is that I WILL be evacuated from Africa with any serious illness.. Also travel delay & or interruption?? Any ideas please?! :)

Hi Tessa Marie,

Thanks for getting in touch!
When purchasing a policy, we request that you select the country in which you will be spending the majority of your time.
The only exception to this rule is if you will be travelling to Area 1 (the Americas or Africa). Should this be the case it is compulsory for you to select Area 1 if more than 20% of your trip will be spent in this area.
Please note that selecting a specific Area of Travel does not mean you will not be covered for travel to other destinations. It is important to note that the policy will still provide cover for travel in other destinations where the appropriate Area of Travel has been selected.
Should more than 20% of your trip duration be spent in Africa an Area 1 policy will need to be purchased. However, should less than 20% of your trip be in Africa you are able to purchase an Area 2 (Europe, Asia and The Middle East) policy which will also provide you with cover for Africa.

Please note that evacuation, should it be deemed medically necessary by our Emergency Assistance Team, would be considered an additional transport cost.

As such, these costs would be assessed under the Additional Expenses benefit in the event of a claim. Please note that the Additional Expenses benefit is an $Unlimited benefit under our International Comprehensive Plan.

For any pre-existing medical conditions, a medical assessment will also need to be completed.

Please let us know if you any further questions & we’ll be happy to help :)

Cheers – Belinda

hungster

hungsterasked

I've been with Medibank Private insurance for hospital and extras covers for over 20 years now... and about to buy a travel insurance to go on a South Pacific Cruise... but after reading all these comments, it really puts me off, why such a reputable company does this to jeopardise their image ?????...

I'm looking at moving to another Private Health Insurer all together...

HT

Jodie
Jodie

I can say that I have since been paid out my claim, I was still charged the excess though! I thought that could have been waived on this occasion. I too have them as a health insurer, so it concerns me in the event of any medical claim in the future. The service and more importantly length of time was not good enough and I can say I will not get travel insurance through them again. Just not worth the hassle and stress, especially given mine was very straight forward and all legitimate medically. It is dissapointing.

Medibank P.Medibank

I am sorry to hear you feel this way. We certainly aim to deliver quality products and assist all of our members to choose the best suited cover to their needs. If you do have any questions about our travel insurance products please do not hesitate to contact us on 132 331 ADST Mon-Fri (8.00am-8.00pm) we'd be happy to help. Thanks, -Ane

MH48
MH48

Dear Hungster, from an insurance lawyer (yes, we get treated badly like the general public), based on my personal experience of this insurer, go elsewhere.

Rina Tuohy

Rina Tuohyasked

How much time do I have to buy the travel insurance after the quote?

Medibank P.Medibank

Hi Rina, Thank you for your enquiry. Travel Insurance quotes are valid for 14 day, however if you have had a birthday and your age bracket changes, there has been a product or a price change or the travel dates have already started these can affect the premiums that you will pay. If you have any further enquires about travel insurance please do not hesitate to contact us on 13 41 90. Thanks, Meagan

Neil Robertson

Neil Robertsonasked

Does this travel insurance cover atrial fibrillation in a controlled condition?

Medibank P.Medibank

Hi Neil, Thank you for your question. Please contact our Customer Care Line on 132 331 (Monday-Friday 8am-8pm ADST) and we will be happy to assist with all your travel insurance related enqujiries. Thanks, Meagan

Bob Austin

Bob Austinasked

I had coronary artery bypass grafts x 5 and defibrillator implant five years ago at age 61. I wish to travel to England February 2015 returning end of March 2015. Can I arrange suitable comprehensive Travel Insurance including full health cover for this pre existing heart condition?

Jill
Jill

Hi Bob, I can't answer that question, you will have to speak to the Medibank Travel Insurance Team or whoever you decide to go with before you take up a policy as that condition was not something I had to discuss with them, thankfully. Good luck and have a great holiday. Jill

Medibank P.Medibank

Hi Bob, Please contact us on 134 190 and we will be happy to discuss any travel insurance enquiries you have including any information about pre-existing conditions. Thanks, Meagan

rhonda
rhonda

Sometimes an insurance broker is the way to go when you have significant medical issues. I also had an icd & am now a <3 t/plant tevipoent

judith gibson

judith gibsonasked

I am a medibank private member, does this cover me when I am overseas?

Morsie
Morsie

Sorry to see you haven't received an answer. I'm waiting for an answer to it as well.

Carolyn Pedrola

Carolyn Pedrolaasked

can i get travel insurance to cover flight if we are unable to make it.

N McNaughton
N McNaughton

I don't know but I would not recommend them

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives