Mitsubishi Pajero

pros and cons of mitsubishi pajero diesel 2004 model

Monty K.

Monty K.asked

Pajero NS

Hi guys, I really have a big problem with my 2006 NS pajero. There are a very banging noice in the front of the car when you drive it. Specifically when it's a hot day. I don't have this in the winter, but will start if I drive a long road. I took the car in and they replace all the suspension bushes. It didn't work. I really don't know what to do next. Is it the steering rack or the engine mountings. Please help Monty

Mary R.

Mary R.asked

My 2006 Pajero just started a grinding noise when I was driving...then stalled at the stop light. What could be the problem?

LENORE

LENOREasked

Mitsubishi Pajero 2003 NP Diesel 3.2L blowing grey smoke on startup - no power
Put secondhand injector pump in car with new injectors. Have checked timing on pump x 2 - all correct. Cleaned carbon build up from inlet manifold. Decarb engine. Primed fuel pump. Now blowing grey smoke on startup and minimal power. Checked for leaking injectors (even though new) retested all good. Checked turbo, waste gate, egr. Checked cam timing all good. Any ideas ???? Twin cam.

kristopher85

kristopher85asked

2002 pajero exceed,
Wondering if the hazard button has a light behind it.

Wade C

Wade Casked

Pajero NM, NP

I have an 06 VRX turbo diesel Pajero that will just shut off randomly.
You could be driving at 80km down the highway and it shuts off, you could be sitting at the lights, or driving slowly...there is no signal that it is about to shut off!, There is no warning... it just dies!
However, As soon as you pull over and put the car back in park and turn key off and back on the car will start again and run. That being said you could get 5m and it shuts off again. So far my record is 21 times shutting off in a 8km distance!
We have put a brand new battery in it, replaced the fuel filter and given it a full service but it won’t ‘fault’ for our mechanic so we are out of options...
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be? Or has anyone else experienced this?

Hey, from my personal experience..you could easily solve this problem by simply ckeaning your radiator and refilling it with fresh coolant. I do this with my car every time I get this symptom

Raymond P.

Raymond P.asked

Pajero NM, NP

Icant locate the relay unit or the fuse for the petrol pump looked every where.Sorry its a 2002 Pajero v6 NM.

Julie S.

Julie S.asked

Pajero NM, NP

I have a 2004 Pajero NP DIESEL 240,000 kms. Just had injectors done for the second time. Done only 3 days ago. Started car and it started reving high I thought nothing of it. But today when I started car it didn't feel right, had a vibration throughput the car very strange. Drove about 3 kms pulled over turned off car, but kept running making a loud grinding noise like something under pressure and then stopped
I waited 5 mins said a prayer a restarted car and it was back to normal, no shaking or noise.
Coild this be injectors haven't been done right or the pump?
The injectors were diagnosed with a scanning tool by a mechanic
Please help with advise.

Fong L.

Fong L.asked

Will a nx engine fit in to a ns model

Kristopher M.

Kristopher M.asked

Pajero NS

How do you know if there a ecu software update and how often you are required to do it?

Gerret K.asked

1999 pajero

Hi. Drove the car yesterday with 0 problems. Trying to start the car today but wont start. Thought its the battery and connected cables from other battery but still the same. When i turn on ignition the gearbox makes weird sound on Parking and drive. Nothing on other gears. The 4wd lights are flashing on dash at the same time and whistling noise under the car

ian
ian

It's best you call a mechanic,tks .

Gerret K.

They told me to bring car there but it wont start and there is no close by tow service wbere im located

Diannedjh

Diannedjhasked

wanting owners manual for 2003 Pajero Exceed

Tamara B.

Tamara B.asked

Hi,
I’ve just purchased a 2004 np 3.2lt turbo diesel Pajero. Upon test drive partner discovered it had a surge when it gear however never mentioned that to me. He’s since left and now I have a car that I can’t use because I have no knowledge about the vehicle.
Some diesel mechanics have mentioned it could be the intake metafold or egr. Can someone enlighten me with what it could be.

rob x.asked

looking at buying a 2008 Turbo Diesel 4X4 7 Seater Pajero VRX with 300,000 kms and full log book history. to me it looks very well looked after. what is the life of the motors in these I service all my own and this still being on log book im thinking of buying any real help would be great? Regards Rob

John

No idea on engine life although I have a 2011 RX Diesel 200000 km and has not missed a beat. Then again I Service at 10000km not 15k intervals and after every long run say Sydney/Darwin
Use Penrite oil

rob x.

Thanks for the reply John.
Although the one I have been looking at seems to have a soot and catalytic blockage issue as they grow older costing around 1500 to repair. I have a 80s series landcruiser and was hoping for a change. I'm the same only use penrite oil and mine is done between 7k to 10 000kms.

Steve W.asked

Pajero NM, NP

Hello just brought a Mitsubishi pajero 2005 3.2 diesel auto can you tell me the best 3 synthetic oils to use and a good quality oil filter please #so many different forums and lots of answers just done over 210 thousand klm cheers steve

John

I use Penrite. Have no idea on filters as I rely on my service tech whom I have used for 25 years. Most likely “Ryco”

Steve W.

Thanks for you reply john appreciated cheers

Dale Robert

Dale Robertasked

Pajero NM, NP

2002 NM 3.2 aircon stopped working as well as the the thermo fans . Was regassed and cleaned condenser 2 years ago was working great now only blower fan works .

John

Summer taxes AC systems and a refrigerant leak could be the problem. However have a look on the Pajero Club Victoria Forum

Darren masked

My np v6 pajero winds over but does not start

John

I really have no definitive answer. It could be anything. I would take No1 plug out reattached lead, ground plug and see if there is spark. If not it could be the coil, engine immobiliser, no fuel or a fault in the ECU.

Check the Pajero Club Victoria web site. There is a good forum there

Darren m

Cheers John thanks for your ideas!

gary m

gary masked

Pajero NM, NP

just finished engine rebuild on 6g74.. added extractors and torque cam . cant find cause of engine vibration 2,100 to 2,600 rpm. harmonic balancer is good , compression is even, injectors and coils ext good, new after market engine mounts, any ideas.

John

Go to The Pajero Club of Victoria Check out the gen 4 thread on this prob it appears there is a MM fix but still a common problem on later pajeros. Have not had a chance to drive mates NP yet will let you know how he went with his converter exchange re vibration.

ShAv P.

ShAv P.asked

Pajero NM, NP

Can any one please tell me the location of the fuel pump relay on 2001 Mitsubishi pajero exceed nm.

John

Have a look on the electrical diagram in the User Handbook

Kath D

Kath Dasked

Pajero NM, NP

Does the NH 2000 model have anchor points, and if so, where are they located?

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi representatives