Moose Mobile Questions & Answers

4.7 from 1,483 reviews

135 questions from our users

LindaplusJames

LindaplusJamesasked

I have got Apple watch, can I use apple watch celluar with this on the 12 months contract?

Temekaasked

Hi Moose
I am looking at signing both my children up to Moose but I would like to know can I manage their data from the app? At the moment I am with Vodafone and my daughter is on my account so I am able to turn her data availability on and off when required. I also do not want the possibility they may go over their use with exorbitant bills to follow. Is there a setting via the app to prevent data usage once you have hit the 100% allowance?

happyMatt
happyMatt

Hi Temeka, from my experience I don't think you can. However, I get alot more data for less cost than I did at Vodafone.

Temeka

Hi Matt thanks. I am hoping it wont be too much of an issue but just wanted to check. My sim plan at the moment with Vodafone isnt too bad but I just want to move away from the big telco companies for a trial and error process for the next 12 months. Have you been with Moose long? Have you tried other companies?

Hi Temeka,

While you'll be able to keep an eye on your children's usage through our app, you won't be able to remotely switch off their data. Due to the nature of a post-paid service we can't switch data off at exactly 100%, but we do send SMS and email usage notifications when a service's data hits 50%, 85%, and 100% of its usage. This information can be delayed by half an hour, so it's handy to slow down usage once the 85% notification comes in.

If you want to completely stop data at a certain point, the best way to do this is using a third-party data counter app, like 'My Data Manager'. Since these apps track usage on the actual phone instead of on the network, you can configure them to cut off data at whatever value you set.

There are a few other tips and tricks to manage data, but with our usage notifications and a data counter app it's very difficult to go over your data unless you intend to.

If you had any other questions about our service we'll be more than happy to answer them.

Claudia W.asked

Can i use my own iphone 7 plus? It does not have a sim card?

Hi Claudia,

You'll definitely be able to use your iPhone 7 Plus with our service. We'll send you a new SIM which you can insert into your phone. Your phone will have a small SIM tray on the side that you can eject using a pin or something with a small pointed end.

If you have any issues you can always give us a ring and we can provide any technical assistance you might need.

Claudia W.

Do you know if your service works well in 73439 area? We have Sprint service now and phones work in house except people on other end of call can not hear us . Then call drops?

Jes Jes

Jes Jesasked

I notice that a lot of reviewers are on the $15 8G post paid SIM plan.
Why isn't this being offered anymore?
Instead there's a 24month promo at $14.80 for 6G/mth.

ScottmoosemobileMoose Mobile

Hi Jes Jes that was one of our old promotional plans which is not available anymore.

Jes Jes

Jes Jesasked

How good is the network coverage in Ranelagh/Huonville TAS please?

hasan
hasan

Not sure about tas. Just give them a call mate. Their answering time ia super quick and accurate

Hi Jes Jes,

Coverage in your area appears to be excellent based off our coverage map. You can take a look yourself by visiting the link below and putting in your address.

If you required any further assistance please don't hesitate to ask. We're always happy to help.

Neil E.asked

I have sent 3 emails over the past few weeks, without reply.
Is Moose still in operation.
If so, if I had an issue with the service, How long would one wait for a reply ?

Hi Neil,

Apologies for the delayed reply. We're definitely still in operation, and it's odd that you haven't received a response back from our online ticketing team regarding your emails. I can definitely look into this for you, so I've just sent you a private message to see if we can track down those emails.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Neil E.

Moose Mobile Support....Ticket 74009...received a reply to my 3 previous sent Questions.
My previous emails, were sent by my looking and sending at the Moose site on the Internet over the past 2 weeks....had thought you may have closed due to Covid 19.

Two answers fine...third, where I wanted to pay 12 months, $8.80, a Total of $105.60, I am advised to pay $8.80 for first month to create an account....then top up ?

A One off payment I proposed of $105.60, would seem simple ..than 2 separate payments.

Hi Neil,

Thanks for confirming that you got a response for your recent questions.

Regarding your third question, we're more than happy to take a payment for any amount of months in advance. However, due to the nature of our website, we can't charge you for a custom amount when you first purchase the plan, since it costs exactly $8.80 to purchase initially.

Once you have purchased online we can take further payments on your newly created account with us, and you can pay for as many months as you wish.

Gilly44asked

I’ve been trying to activate my sim since Friday. I have sent emails and no response except given a ticket no. I have rung twice and both times I have been told it’s in the process. I have an active number with Telstra. So I don’t know what the problem is. Any help please.

Chris S
Chris S

Current COVID-19 environment is probably not helping. Must have a backlog of activations to process. Suggest you reply again to the email as well as ringing customer service and advise you have been waiting for your activation since Friday. Hopefully they will get to it on Monday.

Remember to reset you Network Connection to ensure everything connects correctly.

Gilly44

Thanks. All sorted now Monday am. Working just fine. I expect delays were due to what you said.

Hi Gilly,

Good to see your transfer eventually came across to us. Sometimes there can be delays if there are a large number of services being transferred, and the current situation with Covid is slightly affecting these timeframes as well.

Thanks for your patience during this time.

Pickleslips

Pickleslipsasked

If I get a sim and activate it, can I then port my number later? I dont want to port away from Telstra until I know that coverage is good enough in Tasmania.

Hi Pickleslips,

Once a service is active on your SIM card, you won't be able to change the number affiliated with that exact SIM card. However, what you can do is sign up to a service with a new number which you can use temporarily while you decide what to do with your existing number. Then, when you're ready to transfer your number you'll need to sign up to a new service that will come with a new SIM card with which we can begin the transfer process.

It's a bit of a workaround, but this should allow you to use our service while preparing to move your number across at a later date.

Please let us know if you had any more questions about this process. We'll be happy to assist.

vee

veeasked

Hello are you providing any support in the form of extra data (so we can stay connected) during this Convid-19 pandemic?

Hi vee,

As of yet we haven't been allocated any extra data by Optus to provide to our customers, but we are in the middle of negotiations with them at the moment.

We'll be sure to let our customers know should we get any extra data to distribute from Optus.

Catherine

Catherineasked

The Moose Mobile app says it hasn’t been updated in at least a year. Is the app actually functional?

I was able to upload it and use it and I have only been with them 3 weeks

Hi Catherine,

Our app is completely functional at the moment. The reason why it isn't updated regularly is because it loads data from our website in app form, which means any changes made on our website will also reflect on our app.

As a result, anything you can do on our app can also be done on our website, so it's not strictly necessary to use it if you would prefer to check your data or make changes to your account by logging in to the website normally.

Please let us know if you had any more questions or issues. We'll be happy to help.

reelmick
reelmick

I find it easier to check it online

Heleneasked

Hi all, do Moose plans include calls to mobiles for free?

Denny
Denny

Hi Helene, the plan that we signed up for includes Unlimited Calls to Aus mobiles and landlines. Unlimited SMS and MMS. Unlimited voicemail retrievals and 18GB of data.
Looking their website, most plans do

Thanks Denny.

Hi Helene,

Denny's correct. Only one of our plans has a limit to the amount of calls you can make to other mobiles in the country, which is our $8.80 month to month plan. The rest of our mobile plans will give you unlimited calls to any landline, mobile, 13, 1300, or 1800 number in Australia.

micheleasked

Hi I have Coles /Optus prepaid I get with a $20 recharge 35 days 3gb unlimited call/text how does this compare to Moose say per month
Michele

drfloz

Have a look at the Moose mobile plans on their website, all the comparative information that you need is there. Moose, looking at those above rates looks to be a better proposition. 14.8$ per month and 8gb, self explanatory. Is it common for Michele to be spelled with 1 L? ))

Hi Thankyou drfloz
That does sound like a better deal I’ll definitely consider that. No Michele is usually with 2 L’s
my mum spelt my siblings and my myself slightly different I love it Occasionally u might see it

Heleneasked

Hi I have been on a pre-paid with Optus and have run out of credit. I want to take up a month to month plan with Moose but can't call to activate the plan. Can I do this process without making any phone calls?

Brad McAlpine

Yes go to the app and log into your account there is an activate tab up the top right if its layed out like mine.

Helene

Can you download the app when you receive the SIM?

drfloz

Use the Moose mobile website to order the sim and plan you want. When it arrives stick It in your phone and go to the active sim page on the Moose website. Choose to keep your number or opt for a new one. Took a couple of hrs to get up and running but it’s pretty straight fwd. I don’t need to use the app at all.

Jamie V.

Jamie V.asked

My new Moose sim has been activated for a few days now. Yet I still can't activate facetime. When I put in a telstra sim, it activates instantly. Does Moose mobile not support facetime? This sim was for my grandmother and solely for facetime to communicate with people because of Covid-19.

Amanda Ball
Amanda Ball

Hi Jamie, I'm sure if you contact the great staff at Moose they will be able to resolve this issue. Safe save.

Hi Jamie,

That sounds like an odd issue. Since Facetime uses your data, it should be functioning as long as you have an internet connection with your phone. This can be done either through your home WiFi if you have it, or through the mobile data with your service.

Either way, we can have a look at your service to make sure all the data components are working correctly for your grandmother's service. Simply give us a ring or email us at admin@moosemobile.com.au to request technical support for your issue.

We look forward to hearing from you.

MOOSE MOBILE PLAN

MOOSE MOBILE PLANasked

I am considering transferring to your 1G 12 month contract. What happenes if you exceed the data in a month?

Hi there,

Once you've used your monthly data allowance, customers are able to keep using data at an excess rate of 1.5 cents per MB (roughly $15 per GB). However, if you want to prevent using excess data on your service you can make use of our app which tracks your data usage. Additionally, we send out automated usage notifications at 50%, 85%, and 100% of your usage to help you keep your data in check and avoid going into excess.

Please let us know if you had any other questions or queries regarding our service. We'll be happy to assist.

nel

nelasked

Is there a way I can track how much data individual devices are using on my wifi or is there a compatible program/app I have a NETGEAR.

Roger GordonB
Roger GordonB

Moose is just for phones, not wi-fi. The site allows tracking of usage for each number listed on your account.

Hi nel,

We'll only be able to tell you how much data gets used on each of your services should you have one with us. If one service is used to deliver internet to a number of devices through tethering or WiFi sharing, then we won't be able to let you know how the data is divvied up, as we can only see how much data we've sent you, not where it goes.

If you had any other questions, please let us know. We'll be happy to help.

Richie Bikelane

Richie Bikelaneasked

Hi
I want a sim plan for my son , so I do not want him to go over the amaount of data on the plan. Am I able to cap his data usage?

Hi Richie,

Due to the nature of our post-paid network we're not able to cut off a service at exactly 100%, but there are a number of tools you can make use of to prevent your son from going over the data usage on his phone.

We'll send out 50%, 85%, and 100% usage notifications via email and SMS, and you can also make use of a third-party data counter (such as 'My Data Manager') to granularly track your usage and make sure you don't use any excess data.

Additionally, you can prevent any mobile data from being used directly on the handset by switching off the mobile data option in the settings. This will prevent any internet connection of the mobile network while still allowing calls and texts.

Please let us know if you had any additional questions on our service. We'll be happy to help!

Whitelegsasked

is there an actual call centre with real people to talk to - I am with belong (still trying to get it set up and frustrated) and the ph number they provide is loop and no option ever to speak to anyone no matter what, though they keep saying to call the number..

Louis
Louis

When I rung to activate my SIM I went direct to an individual who spoke very clear and fluent english. - Yes real people.
SIM was activated in under 2min for a number transfer.
Ordered a SIM online it arrived NSW from QLD the net morning on my doorstep...
Their network coverage is under Optus (very good I've experienced), their customer service is swift, their prices are incredibly reasonable.
After horrid experiences with Telstra I've honestly been blown away, I find it almost unbelievable to be singing praises to a telco in Australia given all my rubbish experiences.

cheers

Hi Whitelegs,

We certainly do have real people you can speak to by ringing our customer service number. We pride ourselves on our short hold times and efficient customer service over the phone. Our call centre is open from 9AM-8PM Mon-Fri, 10AM-6PM Saturdays, and closed on Sundays.

If you ever have any questions or concerns about our service you can contact us on 1300 566 673 or by submitting a support ticket online at https://moosemobile.com.au/contact. We're always happy to help!

oliveraasked

hi moose if i signed on lets say 12 months plan how is ur coverage at 3174 vic and if i choose to update to higher plan if i was on 14$ and need more data go higher plan there is 19.90 with 15 gb i think is that per months says after 12 months u go back to 4gb is under montly deals but say after 12 months regards billing since credit card is for set up account if i want to change to bpay how i do after order sim and how much is sms to croatia mobile and also calls to landline croatia and is there flagfall and is it any hidden charges in 12 months plans like i seen some reviews of mobiles barred and more issue with bills and coverage and do u have app to check usage and if issue with coverage what can be done if u are in 12 months and u dont have good coverage

Hi Olivera,

There's a few questions in there, so I'll break down the answers as best as I can to help you out.

The Optus coverage in 3174 Victoria is considered excellent, so you'll have no issues with reception in your area. If you decide on a month-to-month plan you won't be in a contract, so you're free to change to another plan if you'd like. However, this excludes our currently running promotional plans of $14.80 6GB and $19.80 15GB, which are only available for new service connections. Those promotions are also month-to-month, so you're free to change off of them, but you'll receive some bonus data for the first 12 months of your connection. Afterwards the data inclusions for these promotions revert to 2.5GB and 5GB respectively.

Regarding payments, you'll need to make your first month's payment online using a credit or debit card, but once you've connected your service you are free to turn off the direct debit with us and opt to use Bpay or Auspost BillPay instead. Please keep in mind that there is a $1 handling fee for any Bpay payments.

If you're looking to contact Croatia using SMS and calls, it will cost 35c per SMS (75c per MMS) and $2.25 per minute to call. There isn't a flagfall for international calls. If you plan on making regular international calls we highly recommend purchasing a plan that has international call credit included. This way you can avoid any excess charges from calling internationally.

We don't have any hidden charges, and everything you need to know about your plan can be read in the short two-page critical information summary for each plan, which includes any potential charges you can receive (excess data, international calls, roaming, etc.).

We do have a phone app that you can use to check your usage so you can track your data more granularly. Additionally, you can also login via the website to use the exact same data tracking tools made available on the Moose Mobile app.

In the event that you don't receive adequate coverage (coverage in your area is excellent), then we'll be more than happy to organise a refund for the service under certain circumstances. We generally recommend customers start with a month-to-month service to try out our service, and then switch to a 12-month contract once they're comfortable using our service.

Please let us know if you needed further clarification on any of the points above or if you had any other questions or concerns. We're always happy to help.

olivera

hi moose was bit confused with the option of 14,80 and 19.80 since is month to month but shows for first 12 months if is month to month i guess that good but if i wanted to get 12 months plan what is best plan and also how is ur internet data plan

Hi Olivera,

It can be a bit confusing, but those promotional plans are indeed month-to-month and aren't in a lock-in contract, so you can leave at any time. They simply come with bonus data for the first 12 months of your connections should you choose to stay for that long.

We generally recommend trying a month-to-month plan to see what our service is like before plan changing to a 12-month contract, but if you did want to get a 12-month contract then the best plan will depend on your needs. If you are looking to call internationally, then the $29 30GB, $36 50GB, or $46 80GB 12-month plans are your best bet since they come with $200, $400, and $400 worth of international calls respectively.

If you're just after data then that's what our data-only plans are for, and they'll function very similarly to a mobile plan, but without the capability to make calls. The data speeds are identical to a mobile service, but you'll get a lot more data for your dollar with our data-only (mobile broadband plans).

Yakub S.

Yakub S.asked

Hi, how much time do i have between the time i purchase a new Moose plan and activating the new sim card? Also, the post-paid billing will only start after the activation, right?

Hi Yakub,

After purchasing your SIM online you'll need to wait for us to send the SIM card to you in the mail, which can take 1-5 business days depending on whether you opt to use express post or not.

Once you've received your SIM you simply go to our website or give us a ring to request your activation process to start. If you're getting a new number, this activation process is very quick, but if you're transferring a number from an existing provider then it can take 1-4 hours for Telstra & Vodafone based services or 4-12 hours for an Optus based service. Importantly though, your old service will continue to work as normal while the transfer is taking place from your old provider, and you only need to swap to your new Moose SIM when your old service stops working.

Regarding billing, you're correct. We'll only start billing you once your service is active with us. You can wait as long as you want before activating your service with us without getting billed (excluding promotional plans which need to be activated within a month of purchase.

Please let us know if you had any other questions or queries about our service. We'll be happy to assist.

Get an answer from our members and Moose Mobile representatives