Moose Mobile Questions & Answers

4.7 from 1,075 reviews

101 questions from our users

Hugh, Brisbane

Hugh, Brisbaneasked

Can I keep my number if I switch from Telstra?

Ron
Ron

yes there is no problem doing this

Hi Hugh,

You can definitely keep your number if you want to join Moose. 90% of our customers transfer their old number, and it's a seamless process with no downtime. Once you receive your SIM you put in an activation request with us and we transfer your number from Telstra. Once the transfer is complete your old Telstra SIM will stop working and your new Moose SIM will start working. It's really easy!

Please let us know if you had any other questions about our service. We'll be happy to help!

Jo-Anne H.asked

I have a Huawei B315ws-607 modem will your Home Broadband SIM work in this?

Hi Jo-Anne,

The only modem that will work with our Home Broadband Product is the Huawei B525 modem. However your modem will work with any of our Mobile Broadband SIM cards, which you can browse using the link below.

If you need any further information about our broadband services please let us know. We'll be happy to help.

Jo-Anne H.

Thank you. Due to this feed back I decided to buy the B525 modem outright. I was travelling at the time and on returning home I went online to sign up and the deal had disappeared (200mb $45/month now 250mb $59/month).....I am very disappointed and was wondering if you could place me on the old deal due to the fact that I had made enquiries before it's removal?

Jo-Anne H.

I followed this advise up with Optus and they have assured me that their SIM will work on a B315......I have it in writing.

Ian G.

Ian G.asked

Is it possible to restrict data usage on Moose mobile account once the monthly data limit has been reached to prevent additional charges?

Hi Ian,

Our systems will always restrict a service at around 3GB of excess usage, but if you're looking to stop data usage completely at around 100% then you'll need to do this manually on your phone.

If you're using our Moose App, you can keep track of your usage up until it reaches 100%. At this point, you can switch the 'mobile data' option on your phone off, and this will prevent any further data from being used. Due to the nature of our post-paid plans there will always be a slight delay in usage notifications, so we're not able to cut your data off at the exact 100% mark.

If you do end up going a little over your monthly allowance, you won't be seeing a large bill like with some other providers. While other providers will charge you for a whole GB at once if you do go over, we only charge at the KB increment. What this means is that you'll only get charged for what you use, so if you go over your allowance accidentally by 100MB then you'll only be charged an extra $1.50.

Please let us know if you had any more questions about your data usage and how best to track it. We'll be happy to assist.

Felisa G.

Felisa G.asked

Hi I am currently with Optus but lookin to change over to Moose. I am also considering purchasing an Apple cellular watch. Does Moose work in this watch and if so would it be combined with the plan I purchase with my SIM card or would I need to purchase another sim and plan?

Hi Felisa,

Good question. Unfortunately you won't be able to use one of our SIMs with your Apple Watch. However, you can connect your watch to your phone's mobile data via a personal hotspot. If connecting to your phone's data is all you need to make use of your Apple Watch's functionality then you shouldn't encounter any issues.

INQ001asked

Hi I noticed in the plans lately there are no longer unlimited free international SMS why is that? As you don’t have free international calls to selected countries that was a good alternative now we might have to reconsider switching over when our contract finishes with our current provider.

Hi INQ001,

You're correct about our international SMS and MMS changes, as we no longer provide these messages for free on any new services. If you're currently on a plan with international SMS and MMS included, you will still receive these for free. It's only if you change your plan that you'll be included under the new policy.

Importantly, if you're on a plan with included international call value then this monthly amount of international credit can also be used to send international SMS and MMS messages, so they won't be charged in addition to your monthly access fee.

The reason we've had to change this is due to the misuse of these services by a handful of customers who were using SIM boxes and similar technology to send out hundreds and thousands of SMS and MMS messages overseas.

Please let us know if you had any other questions or queries regarding this recent change. We'll be happy to assist.

INQ001

Thanks for your response I am currently with another mobile phone provider which I will soon need to leave as they will cease operations in 2020. I thought that was the case about the free international SMS and MMS user abuse penalises everybody else. If you had let’s say a $20 value limit on this would may address the abuse. My current plan with my mobile phone provider has $50 monthly credit for international SMS and MMS. Let’s hope Moose mobile can come up with something similar for the cheaper plans.

Judith Benders

Judith Bendersasked

Does moose use voice to text for voicemail messages?

A Moose Convert
A Moose Convert

That's above my tech limit - we only use it via messagebank - check with them - sorry I couldn't assist

Hi Judith,

Good question. Unfortunately we don't have that feature at the moment. Currently you get all the usual perks of voicemail, but we're not able to convert voicemail messages into a text message.

Dan

Danasked

does Moose havewifi calling yet

Hi Dan,

Unfortunately we don't have access to WiFi calling as of yet. Should we receive the feature from Optus in the future then we'll be sure to let our customers know ahead of time.

Mumasked

My contract with Virgin/Opus expires in 2 month ,what do i have to do to keep my existing phone number,I want to come over to Moose?

Garland Anderson
Garland Anderson

Contact the Moose

Hi (somebody else's) Mum,

If you're interested in transferring to Moose once your Optus contract is done then you'll be happy to know that it's quite easy.

When you sign up online you simply let us know that you'd like to keep your current number during the checkout process. Then, once you've received your SIM card in the mail you give us a ring and we start the transfer process of your number from Optus to Moose. This will take 4-12 business hours, but your old SIM will continue to work until your new Moose SIM is 100% connected. Then, once your old SIM stops working you simply swap the SIM cards out and you're ready to go.

As Garland said above, if you ever have any questions or queries regarding our service you can give us a ring on 1300 566 673. We're always happy to help!

Hi Max, Thanks for your reply,looking forward getting on to MOOSE

Queage

Queageasked

I’ve been asking Moose via email but all they did is paste their template responses and doesn’t clarify anything at all.

When I first signed up for the $19 plan I paid the $19 upfront on 22 May. Upon receiving it I connected my SIM card on 29 May so my May bill is only for 3 days totaling over a dollar - which I paid using my credit card. So the next billing cycle is June and I exceeded a bit of data totaling $20.88 - this was also directly debited from my account. This means that the initial $19 I paid was for nothing! As opposed to what they stated on the FAQs that this initial payment would be for the first invoice, there was no adjustment at all. Can anybody explain this?

Hi Queage,

When you first signed up with us you would have paid $19 as you said. This amount acts as a credit on your account, which would have then been used to pay for that small prorated bill at the end of May. Most of it should have been left over for the June bill, but it's possible your June excess data was more than expected, which resulted in a further outstanding amount.

The best way to find out exactly what was owed and payed each month is to give us a ring on 1300 566 673. Someone in our customer service team will be able to go through your account and make sure everything is working as it should. We'll need some further details from you in order to take a better look.

Dayemon U.asked

Hey I just got my new moose sim card today and so far I'm impressed.

Only issue I dont know how to check up on my data usage and stuff and the website wont let me sign up for an account to use the moose mobile app

Help!

Hi Dayemon,

If you've made a purchase with us online then you should already have an account with us that you can use to log in to and check your usage. When you were checking out you could pick a password to use for this purpose.

Your username will be your email address associated with the account, and your password will be the aforementioned password you chose when purchasing your SIM.

If you're still having trouble accessing your account you can call us on 1300 566 673 for further assistance. We'll be able to reset your password for you so you can check your usage online or on the app.

Dayemon U.

Sweet thanks for the help

Lenny

Lennyasked

I am Looking for mobiles for both my husband and myself ,since our provider Virgin I’d leaving Australia

Hi Lenny,

Since Virgin Mobile will be closing down soon then another Optus provider such as Moose is probably a good choice for your next mobile plan. This is because we'll carry the same network that you're used to.

If you're looking for mobile phone handsets specifically, then you won't be able to purchase any from us. We only do mobile phone SIM plans.

If you're like to learn more, just head to our website linked below to learn more.

www.moosemobile.com.au

Please let us know if you had any questions or needed any help with signing up.

Scammed

Scammedasked

will i be able to continue with my current mobile number? i am currently with optus

Grumps
Grumps

Yes. I carried my number over from Telstra.

Max K.Moose Mobile

Grumps is correct. You can bring any number you'd like over to Moose when joining us. In fact, 90% of all our customers choose to do so.

When you sign up you simply let us know that you would like to keep your number. Then, once you have received your SIM card in the mail, you request for us to activate your new service. We'll get in contact with your old provider and transfer the number to Moose. This generally takes 4-12 hours to complete if you are transferring from Optus.

Once the transfer is complete, your old SIM will stop working. At this point you simply swap out your old SIM for your new Moose SIM and you're ready to go!

Kissy Chrissy
Kissy Chrissy

Yes definitely, it’s so important to be able to keep your old number and with Moose it’s no problem

Vanessa K.

Vanessa K.asked

With regard to moose wireless home broadband month to month data packages, when do I begin being charged? From the date of purchase or when we’ve finally received SIM card and begin to actually consume data? Also what is the turn around for delivery of sim?
Additionally, I have a small Optus dongle model: HB434666RBC is this model completely compatible with moose sims?

Hi Vanessa,

When you first sign up you pay for the first month in advance and any hardware costs involved. After that, you'll only need to pay again two months later, at the end of your second month with us (because your first month is paid already). From then on you pay after each month passes.

Delivery of a SIM can take 3-5 business days with regular post, and 1-2 days with express post at an additional cost.

Regarding your existing dongle, it should work with our Mobile Broadband plans, but not with our Home Broadband plans. Our Home Broadband product is designed for use in a Huawei B525 router, and won't work in any other dongles (even if they are Optus branded).

Please let us know if you had any other questions or needed further clarification. We're always happy to help.

Sandipkumar P.

Sandipkumar P.asked

hello i have question that does moose provide 4g plus network while you are on call?
im using iphone 6splus

Laura1967
Laura1967

Yes it does. My downloads and browsing are fast

Hi Sandipkumar,

Laura's correct, we do provide the full extent of the Optus 4G Plus network. This means you'll get identical coverage to an Optus service with any Moose Mobile plan.

Please let us know if you had any other questions regarding our service. We'll be happy to help out!

Richard S.

Richard S.asked

Hi, will Optus prepaid mobile phones work with your monthly no contract plan?
Thanks,
Richard

Hi Richard,

Yes, definitely. Any Optus branded phone will work with our SIM cards since we ourselves make use of the Optus network. So you won't have any issues in using our SIM card with your phone.

Wendy L.
Wendy L.

does that include internet as well

Hi Wendy,

It does also include internet. Any service, whether it be internet, texting, or phone calls, on an Optus phone will work with any of our SIM cards.

Ken Andrewsasked

How do I purchase a sim card ?

Ken Andrews

How do I purchase a sim card?

Hi Ken,

To purchase a SIM card from Moose, just visit our website at:

moosemobile.com.au

From there you can browse our plans and go through the online checkout process. We then send you your new SIM card in the mail. Once you've received your SIM card you simply go online or give us a ring to activate it. It's really easy!

Please let us know if you had any other questions about our service. We'll be happy to help.

DuckOnTheDam

DuckOnTheDamasked

When using Product Review there is a category which asks what carrier used. Moose Mobile comes up under Telstra and Optus. Is that correct?

Hi DuckOnTheDam,

Moose Mobile only uses the Optus network, and we have no business relation to Telstra at all. It is half correct, but I'll see if I can follow this up with Product Review to clarify what they mean by that selection.

In the meantime, you can still select that option if it's the only available selection as it doesn't affect your review in any way.

Maddie

Maddieasked

Can i keep my existing number if i swap to your company ? Currently with optus but want ti keep my number

Hi Maddie,

100% you can keep your number when transferring to Moose. In fact, 90% of our new customer bring their old number from a previous provider. When you purchase your plan you just let us know that you'll be bringing a number from Optus while going through the checkout steps.

Then, once you've received your new SIM in the mail, you give us a ring or activate online to start the transfer process. It's really easy!

Please let us know if there were any other questions or queries you had regarding our service. We'll be happy to help.

judi

judiasked

I am with Telstra at the moment on a prepaid no plan can I change to optus with out any hassles with a sim card with out letting them know

Ross Lambert
Ross Lambert

Yes you can so long as you don’t have a contract as stated. just contact Moose Mobile they take care of it all and send you a new sim in the mail in a couple of days you keep your number. Once you have the SIM card you activate it per instructions pay your last Telstra bill and that’s it.

Hi Judy,

Thanks for the question, and thanks to Ross for answering as well.

Ross is correct. Once you've requested a number transfer from us we do all the work for you. We contact Telstra and organise the transfer of your number to us. Once they've given us your number they will close down your account with them and send you any final bills they might have.

If you're ever after more detailed information on how the transfer takes place, just give us a ring on 1300 566 673. Our customer support team will be happy to assist!

Roni

Roniasked

I ordered 2 SIM plan for $29 (15GB + $300 International credits). And after few days of activation, I couldn't call overseas, it says I don't have this service. Why?

Deb Tod
Deb Tod

Hi Roni.
We dont use our plan to call overseas.
Is ir possible you went through the $300 without realising it? International fees can be tricky. You should be able to log into account for usage breakdown. If reason not obvious just message Moose. I had probs with international roaming charges a few months ago and they had heaps of advice.

Hi Roni,

There's a small chance your international calls might not have been turned on correctly when you activated your SIM. The remedy is simple, and we'll just need you to give us a ring or send us a message on the contact page on our website, which I'll link below.

Once we've confirmed your information we can get those calls turned on right away for you.

Alternatively, you can private message us over Product Review with your phone number and we can go from there.

Get an answer from our members and Moose Mobile representatives