Mwave Australia Questions & Answers

99 questions from our users

H N.

H N.asked

Mwave Australia Online Store

Was just wondering around how many days orders are gonna be 'processing' amongst the whole pandemic. I've read it'd take 1-3 days until it's ready to be picked up if the products are in stock in store. I've placed my order to get picked up last week and all the products were stated to be in stock in store. I understand if there are delays of course.

Adam L.
Adam L.

Dont bother with them, just order from scorptec or PLE, youll have your item delivered to your door faster than Mwave can even respond to a query.

Sam S.

Sam S.asked

Mwave Australia

What is the condition of the refurbished acer desktops. Is there any picture i can use as a reference

Hendo
Hendo

I don't know about their refurbished equipment, but I can tell you that if there is an issue, you will not find any joy from mwave. I am waiting for a refurbished unit I ordered on Amazon, I ordered it from them because if there is a problem I know I will get a refund (unlike mwave)

Aankit

Aankitasked

Mwave Australia

Hi, I bought a Zephyrus G14 laptop with GTX 1650ti from Mwave last week, would I be able to upgrade the laptop from 1650ti to RTX2060 variant. I bought this primarily for work and after using it for a week I realised that it wasn't powerful enough for the use case.
Would there be any additional charges if I wanted to replace it excluding the price difference?
Cheers

Hey guys,

Purchased a new motherboard from Mwave a week ago picked up from store and only got to start my build this Saturday just gone and doesn't work I've built many PC's before this is the first time motherboard doesn't work checked all the parts with a different board and all works this is DOA what can I do

Patrick M.Mwave Australia

Submit a warranty ticket and drop it off for the team to test.
We do not provide tech support for DIY builds.

Patrick M.Mwave Australia

Please submit a warranty ticket via your Mwave account

manichahal
manichahal

Yeah.. do that online warranty and keep waiting for years like i do.

Markasked

Mwave Australia

Hello. I live in Bowen Mountain, up from North Richmond in the Hawkesbury. I am thinking of purchasing a laptop from you. If we needed after sales help, do you have authorised dealers for repairs near us? Penrith or Windsor, for example?

Patrick M.Mwave Australia

You can visit the manufacturer website to see where their service centres are located in Sydney.
Usually it’s under the Support tab

Ok. Thank you.

Mwave Australia Physical Store

Kevington
Kevington

I suggest you return the motherboard to Mwave for their technicians to check it out. One of the problems associated with DIY computer assembly is taking adequate antistatic measures. From your question I have no information of how experienced you are with PC assembly. If the board is genuinely DOA, I would think that under Australian computer law you would be entitled to a replacement or a refund.

Shariffe H.

Thanks Kevington I'd like to think im very experienced ive built many PC's in the past and this is the first time I've encountered this problem i just hope they are willing to help

Shariffe H.

Its weird it doesn't boot. I've checked all components on a different board and all works fine so not sure what the problem could be

flukemcasked

Mwave Australia

I have placed an order 2 days ago and paid via PayPal. How long can I expect to wait until it is processed and ready for shipping?
It is a motherboard and cpu. I love mwave and always prefer to use it. I bought my last pc from the Logan store.

Derek R.
Derek R.

I ordered my SSD for my laptop on Thursday last week and it processed Yesterday, Monday the 25th of May and I received it this morning.
So expect it to arrive sometime this week, however it just depends on what postage you chose, I went with AUSpost and the $12 postage.

flukemc

I believe I went with startrack. But you've set my mind at ease. Thanks for the response!

Goolie Schoolasked

Mwave Australia

I am calling from Gooloogong Public School (in NSW) I am having trouble trying to order 2 x webcams online. Would you be able to contact me for help please. My number is 02 63 44 8307.
Ann-Maree

Patrick M.Mwave Australia

Please email corporate@mwave.com.au and the Corporate team will assist you.

Emailing you now

Natasha B.asked

Mwave Australia

Hi there - Thought I'd try here as some people seem to have luck getting through. Order No. SO01432480 - Has the H510i (SKU #AC24908) arrived? Checked today to see if there was any progress on my order as I saw that a lot of your NZXT cases that were unavailable were changed to "In Stock at Mwave". I was one of the customers waiting on your shipment with the NZXT cases in it. Since you've received a bunch and they're now in stock, I thought I'd check my order to see if my case had been changed to 'Allocated'. Instead, I find that the ETA has been pushed back yet again to 21.5.20. Please tell me that this is because it's generated automatically by your system. Have you got my H510i (white) case in stock and allocated it to my order and just haven't updated its status? Please let me know. Thank you.

Hi Natasha,
It seems the team have just responded before I was able to reply.
The original case 510 has arrived but not the 510i - ETA is late next week..
Do you want to revert back to the original?

Hey Patrick

Thanks for the reply here. I just checked my mwave account and I could see their message. I'll continue with the ticket/message chain on my mwave account. I was worried because the ETA for the H510i was pushed from 15.5.20 to another week later on 21.5.20. But if you guys are still expecting it next week though, happy to wait.

Thanks again

Natasha. B

Hi Natasha,
I have just been updated that the container lands into our warehouse on the 18/5, so by the time its unloaded, checked and finally booked into the system would be around the 20/5.
So realistically the 21/5-22/5 is close to accurate.
This does not take into account any delays at the docks, customs etc which then push dates back again.

Aaliyabasked

Mwave Australia

When will the Mwave E100i gaming pc come back in stock because I have been waiting 3 weeks

Patrick M.Mwave Australia

Due to component shortages and unconfirmed ETA of when new stock will arrive, we do not have an ETA for when this R2G will be back in production/available.

Can you guys give a 100 dollar discount on all gaming computers

Patrick M.Mwave Australia

Prices on website are the best we can do.
This is a very low margin industry and we do not sell at RRP like HN and JB

Alan Dasked

Hi There,
Can you tell me if you have the following product in stock & the lead-time for delivery to Melbourne post processing.

Dell P4317Q 43" 4K UHD IPS Multi Client Professional LED LCD Monitor
Thanks Alan

Patrick M.Mwave Australia

The monitor is now discontinued and no longer available through Mwave.

Alan D

Could you recommend something similar even if it was 38”

Patrick M.Mwave Australia

Please review these on our website as monitor stock is continually changing due to high demand caused by LFH and WFH.
We recommend purchasing items listed as "In Stock at Mwave"

Daniel F.

Daniel F.asked

Mwave Australia

Hi, I am about to build my first PC and was happy to see some cheaper prices on some products compared to Scorptec. After reading their recent reviews it seems they are not coping to well with the pandemic and they are happy to continue using it as an excuse. I'm not to worried on waiting a bit extra, I am more concerned on receiving damaged goods due to negligence. Can anyone please report on damaged boxes or products in the past month?

Patrick M.Mwave Australia

Please note that there is currently a high demand for custom PCs due to LFH and WFH (COVID19 - as everyone seems to need an upgrade to their current systems.
Depending on the type of system, we have advanced packaging solutions to mitigate damage in transit as best we can, however how the system is handled in transit is beyond our control.
Damages do occasionally occur and no retailer or freight carrier is able to 100% guarantee that no damage will occur in transit. Some other delivery options can be provided if you are local in Sydney
If it arrives damaged then we need to provide a remedy for you - replacement or refund.
Hope this helps.

archicatgamingasked

Mwave Australia

When will you reply to my order change? I requested fans to be put into my system, and bought them as a separate order. The system is SO01418854 and the fans i purchased are SO01420062. I requested the fans to be put into the system, and put up a message to the customer support, which still hasn't responded, what is the usual time for customer service to answer?

Patrick M.Mwave Australia

Your fans have been added to your order.
You are looking at 7-10 dyas before your system is built and tested before its despatched to you due to the current queue for custom build systerms.
Customer support responses are 2-3days behind due to increased volume of enquiries.

Ash D.asked

Mwave Australia

How is this allocation actually working if you're allowing people to order the items and it showing as "in stock at mwave" yet we check 24hrs later after we place the order and it has not been allocated to my order which then holds up my entire order?

I suspect it will also be another 4-5 days before I get a response by your ticket system at this stage as well.

SO01419600

HI Ash,
You have ordered the last unit of the Corsair Cooler which has not been scanned to your order as yet.
Warehouse will search for this Saturday to finalise your order as it seems it may not be in location.
Note our warehouse is running 2-3 days behind at the moment

Thanks Patrick,

I got my ticket answered yesterday by some helpful staff. I was very concerned after seeing the "Not in stock" and didn't want my order held up for days waiting for it.

Thanks hopefully it gets shipped by Tuesday/Wednesday

kent f.

kent f.asked

Mwave Australia

Have waited a week and order is still being processed, all items were in stock.
Emails have not been responded to.
SO01410361.

Kent

Patrick M.Mwave Australia

Despatched today on 5QAZ50244922 with Startrack.
Delivery most likely Tues next week(maybe be tomorrow)

angusasked

Mwave Australia

I just ordered a new system from you order number SO01414351. I've always enjoyed ordering from Mwave before and have recommended you lots of times to other people however on your Facebook page you aren't answering any of the customers who are saying they haven't had their computers in weeks. You've also switched off your phone system so customers can't even speak to you about their orders. I'm nervous now and I can't afford to lose over 2k at this time. Every component I ordered said it was in stock at Mwave and I paid via Paypal. Can someone from Mwave please call me on Monday to confirm that my order is in stock as stated on the website. I think you are making a mistake not having a phone number your paying customers can speak to you on. You are the only company doing that and doing so will create a lot of distrust with your customers & ruin your reputation. The government is giving plenty of initiatives now for businesses to retain staff. Is your phone not working because you've laid people off? If so that is shamefull and you should be hiring if you are this busy.

Hi Angus,
Thanks for the enquiry.
We have temporarily closed our phone lines as it was getting congested with a huge influx of calls and our staff could not answer all the incoming calls,(as well as answer all other emails, tickets, chats promptly) also creating anxiety with customers who’s calls could not be answered.
We have decided to dedicate resources to focus on emails and tickets in order to provide quicker responses.
A few Teams are working from home to mitigate risk of the virus spreading as required by the Aust Govt. Our risk policies are also active - ie. if you are sick then you are to stay at home; if someone is sick in your household then stay home; if someone(as well as household) has recently transited domestically/international then self quarantine is required.
These decisions I am sure you are aware of and should be able to understand the obvious as it is heavily publicised in the media/press.
We are functioning as usual on a much busier scale than Black Friday but with reduced capacity in some depts.
Ideally we would like to double our workforce but we potentially could double our risk as health screening and training timeframes will be longer.
Our competitors or other retailers may not be following stringent standards like Mwave are however we are taking the welfare and health of our staff very seriously as well assisting in trying to reduce the spread.
Unfortunately this has created delays however we are trading as usual and have not seen a downturn in business if you are concerned we are closing altogether.
Our warehouse teams have been working longer shifts as well as weekends to push out as many orders as we can.
PC Production is impacted due to everyone including businesses wanting PCs for WFH or for in-home entertainment whilst in isolation/lockdown.
Your order will commence allocation of stock as of Monday as all items are in stock then will be added to the builds queue but completion will be sometime of week starting 13/4.
Apologies for the inconvenience we may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding in this unprecedented time.
Patrick

angus

Thank you for replying. I’ve been a happy customer for a number of years and I completely understand those reasons now you’ve explained them. I think you’ve done the right thing in protecting your staff. The messaging on Facebook and your website should be updated though to explain what you just explained here. Everyone is really worried about their futures right now and the increase in orders is because people are restructuring their lives to deal with this new reality. The phone thing I understand - you have to get the work done to get the orders out and if it makes the operation more efficient that’s fine and more staff might be more risk so that’s cool also. I think there’s a difference though between people making general enquiries and people needing to check their orders are okay. In my case I’m need of this workstation and it’s literally all my spare money so I’m worried about my family. There are also a few things about my system I needed to check through. I’m sure that most of your other customers are in similar circumstances at this time. Anxiety is very high, maybe you could split the difference and put some extra messaging out on Facebook and on the website letting customers know you’ll call them to discuss their build once the order is in place so you don’t have reviews on Facebook sitting there with customers saying they paid for systems only to find out the order was delayed weeks because of one component. It’s really hard not to be anxious about placing an order of thousands of dollars without at least a little personal contact. Think about if you were buying something you needed and you paid for it then couldn’t speak to anyone at the company, how would that make you feel? Protecting your staff and being responsible is great, you also need to make sure you re-assure your customers because they are also part of your family and are also suffering from factors like anxiety and stress from these times. You should make the messaging on the website a little more reassuring, especially that you will call people to sort out different parts of any individual component holds up their order. It’s only going to get crazier over the next few weeks. Reassuring people is really important at this time.

Hi Angus,
Thanks for the reply.
We have posted many updates/notices on our website as well as on socials.
A major update has just been posted on FB this morning.
Please email any questions regarding your CPC to techsupport@mwave.com.au and the tech team(all WFH atm) will be able to provide advice etc on your build.
Patrickk

Baileyasked

Mwave Australia

I've seen on your twitter that you have a bit of a delay on the processing but i was hoping to have a bit of a guide line because i ordered something on Thursday and i haven't heard anything since

Patrick M.Mwave Australia

Please advise your order number? Our warehouse team is currently 3-4 days behind in processing

Bailey

I’ve been told that my motherboard was going to take 2-4 days before arriving to your warehouse and it’s 4 days now. My order number is SO01396529

Hi Bailey,
Our primary supplier we had an order in with has sold out and we are trying to source from an alternative but stocks are depleting or have depleted due to COVID19 and manufacturing delays from China.
We would suggest choosing an alternative we have in stock to avoid any further delays.
Please email the team at sales@mwave.com.au to have this modified if you wish.

Kenji Camporedondoasked

Mwave Australia Online Store

On 26/12/19 I bought 9 parts for a new pc build which all were in stock at mwave with the exception of 2 parts which both said it would dispatch within 24 hours at the time of when it was bought.

I would like to know when Mwave will dispatch it as I am worried that my order has been missed.

My order number is: SO01336997

Thanks.

Cameron Z
Cameron Z

The 2 parts that needed to be dispatched from different suppliers may be from 2 seperate suppliers and the 24 hours that it states doesn’t account for the time it takes to deliver the parts to the showroom. Mwave also occasionally checks the parts as a curtesy to you too see if they are compatible or if any damage has been sustained and if there has been, they will need to order a replacement which will take longer. If you have made a big order like you said, there is no way they will “forget” about it. Hope this helps

It did help. Thanks for the information C:

Troyy B.

Troyy B.asked

Mwave Australia

Hey was just wondering is in the F21i gaming pc, if the 9400f was worth it (or should I find a pc with a 9600k) Also if the rgb was removable spot save some money?

Get an answer from our members and Mwave Australia representatives