MyRepublic Questions & Answers

88 questions from our users

Shane M.

Shane M.asked

MyRepublic

just sign up ,all the connections is correct but still have no internet,tried to make contact ,all i get is online chat.i would rather have phone contact with a person

Hi Shane,

Your feedback is important in helping us create a better experience. We aim to make the activation process as quick and pain-free as possible - so we're sorry to hear you're having a rough time getting connected. We would like to take this as an opportunity to investigate and resolve this matter as soon as possible. We have sent you a private message, kindly check your inbox.

EMGasked

MyRepublic

MyRepublic says you must call to cancel your contract but they do not provide a number that’s connected.
Their Chat says they do not have the number - which I do not believe. They then provide you a link simply stated to contact the same Chat and which also doesn’t list the number. A perfect circular reference to nowhere.
When you trawl their website for a phone number, it’s obscured by formatting errors. Peering through the text it appears to be - 1300 282 600 - however, upon dialling, it rings twice and then automatically terminates.
Please advise how I terminate?
I DID NOT sign up for life!!

EMG

Why are MyRepublic answering other’s later questions and not this one requesting the correct phone number to cancel an account????

MyRepublic A.MyRepublic

We always aim to deliver a great experience. We are gutted when we miss the mark! Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn’t happen again. As we continue to evolve and adapt to more efficient customer service, we have transitioned to Live Chat, EMG.

Mick M.

Mick M.asked

MyRepublic

is my republic an australian company? whic country is the call centre for customers in australia?

Wayne
Wayne

I think they are from Singapore. I used the online chat support to great effect. I think I did talk to someone from it Melbourne also. There support processes worked very well for what turned out to be a complicated connection. NBN had to lay new wires into the house.

Singapore is correct

MyRepublic A.MyRepublic

MyRepublic is a Singapore based company providing services to customers across Asia Pacific region (Australia, New Zealand and Singapore ). We deploy our Customer Support across the region. Cheers, Jan - Socials Team Leader

Shanasked

MyRepublic

Is there reviews for Lismore heights

Shanasked

Are there reviews for my area Lismore Heights NSW

Shan

Do I get my money back if the service is no good! Drop outs ect:

Shan

I am interested but would like a response in reasonable time

Drizzt

Drizztasked

NBN

why does there customer service team have no knowlegde of there pproducts

Hi Drizzt,

We appreciate the feedback and we're sorry if your experience didn't match your expectations. We would like to know more about your enquiries and answer those for you. We have sent you a private message, please check your inbox.

Xr8

Xr8asked

MyRepublic

Hi, I have recently signed up for nbn. That was 7 days ago. I have had no feedback as yet.

Hi Xr8,

We regret to read about your poor experience with our company thus far. We would like to review the order and provide you with an update as soon as possible. We've sent you a private message, kindly check your inbox.

Richard Sasked

MyRepublic

is there a transfer fee if you change address ?

Richard S

still no answer should i look else where?

Richard S

too slow looking elswhere another lost customer

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the feedback. We have sent you a private message for us to address your enquiry. For an immediate response within operating hours, you can engage in our main interaction channels such as Live Chat, Email, or Social Media.

Frank

Frankasked

MyRepublic

We are currently with another provider but are building a new house and considering a new provider when we shift. What is recommended to line up the connection run smoothly when the house is available? The house has been made nbn ready. Can you also give me all the fees and expenses in starting up a new service, there is only 2 of us and are small users but was thinking nbn25.
Frank

Brita Y.
Brita Y.

Hi Frank..our start up fee was around $200 mark I believe. We built our house as well and it was nbn ready. Our Monthly bill is $62 for unlimited but I wouldn’t recommend this company. It’s always slow and watching Netflix or even YouTube on the TV lags and is always loading.

Hi Frank,

We appreciate your interest in MyRepublic products and services. We would like to get more details from you so we can provide you with more accurate answers. Our Sales Team would like to contact you on how we can proceed with the request. We have sent you a private message, kindly check your inbox.

Charlie B.asked

MyRepublic

Can u get help o out of hrs

Charlie B.

Y is there no help out of hrs from this crap

MyRepublic A.MyRepublic

Hi Charlie! We would like to learn more about your specific situation and help you with your concern. Please send us a DM with your account details. Regards, Cathy

dazza

dazzaasked

NBN 100 (Premium, Gamer Pro Premium)

Can you guarentee speeds over 80 in my area,on the 100 speed bundle, I am hesitant on paying over $100 a month for something I won't be getting.

Hi Dazza,

We appreciate your interest in MyRepublic products and services. We'll definitely check that for you. We sent you a private message, kindly check your inbox.

Kathy Z.
Kathy Z.

According to them the minimum delivery speed for me 100/20 is 60mbps, not the 80mbps+ I should expect as I was told by the NBN technician that came to our house to install it.

Josh

Joshasked

MyRepublic

Reviews seem to be mixed if I go with you as my isp and the speeds are not what is expected. What are my options?

Hi Josh,

We appreciate your interest in our products and services. We were actually ranked the fastest for average download speed (delivered during the busy peak hours of the day 7pm-11pm) by the ACCC in the August 2019 Broadband Performance Data Report when under-performing services are excluded. You can find more info on our website with the link to the ACCC article. https://myrepublic.net/au/personal/nbn/

If the connection issue arises, our consultants are fully equipped to address them quickly. We'd like to discuss more options for you. We sent you a private message, kindly check your inbox.

Newby2407asked

MyRepublic

I have been with you clowns for 9 months now and experienced slow speeds, dropouts, stalling etc for the last 7 months.
every time i go on live chat im told to do the same things im getting the same results yet nothing has been done to fix my service.
And heres the big thing. lately ive been complaining more and have gotten upset and angry at a couple of your so called techs who dont listen when i tell them ive done all these tests many times already nor do they read the previous records of my calls and low and behold the service has got worse with more frequent douts and even more inconsistent speeds and connectivity.

MY REPUBLIC your company is a disgrace-and after reading through all the complaints here im definitely changing provider.
Seriously, how the hell havent you been shut down yet?

Hi Newby2407,

We are extremely sorry to hear about this and even more sorry to disappoint a customer. We'd like to discuss the matter further with you and see how we can make things good. If you give us the chance, we will definitely win you back. I sent you a private message, please check your inbox.

Best regards,
Sarah

Newby2407

I replied to your private message but it doesnt seem to have appeared on here. Did you get it?

Hi Newby2407,

We haven't received any response. If you are experiencing any issues. You may send us a private message directly on our Facebook page. Cheers, Sarah.

Lynne D.

Lynne D.asked

NBN

What happens if i change my mind and cancel my order

Hi Lynne,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to know more about your situation and assist you with your order enquiry. We have sent you a private message. Kindly check your inbox.

Dante S.asked

MyRepublic

Why does the internet run so slow at night

Hi Dante S,

The reason for slow speed can be a lot of things and I would like to assist you further to resolve the issue as soon as possible. I sent you a private message so we can work on this. :)

Dante S.asked

MyRepublic

Why does the internet slow down at night

Hi Dante S,

Dante S.

Where do I see the message?

Hi Dante S.,

We can see that you've already replied to us. Moving forward, we'll discuss account specific information via private message.

Arthur H.asked

NBN 100 (Premium, Gamer Pro Premium)

Has anyone been slapped with a Subscription Fee of$39.66 on their last invoice for My Republic for July?

MyRepublic A.MyRepublic

Hi Arthur, that is unusual. Please hop on our Live Chat support team so that we can investigate the recent bill that you have. Thanks! Cheers, Churchill

5 days and NO contact from My Republic... disgrace

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would certainly like to look into this billing matter for you and have sent a personal message to investigate. Kindly check your inbox.

John G

John Gasked

NBN 50 (Essential, Gamer Pro Essential)

So how do I get on to your service. What will I need as far as hardware.

Hi John G,

Thank you for your interest in MyRepublic products and services. The service availability depends on the exact address and NBN technology type. With regards to the hardware, you will need a modem that's compatible with MyRepublic network. Please do not hesitate to visit our websites Live Chat which operates Monday-Friday between 8:00am-8:00pm AEST so we can discuss further details. Alternatively, you can contact our Sales team at 1300 130 888 available Monday-Friday between 8am-10pm AEST.

Cranky

Crankyasked

MyRepublic

what type of modems do you use? I-Select are recommending you but said there are 2 different modems, one is better in a bigger house.

Hi Cranky,

Thank you for showing interest in our service.

Yes, we have two modems. We have our Wi-Fi Hub+ Modem which is recommended for small to medium houses and can connect up to 10 Wi-Fi devices simultaneously and Halo Modem which is recommended for medium to large houses. It has MU-MIMO and Beamforming Technology for enhanced wifi connectivity. It can have 20 wi-fi devices connected simultaneously.

Here's the link for more details: https://myrepublic.net/au/personal/nbn/modems/

I can also arrange a call back from one of our Sales Team to answer any questions that you may have. :)

Jamie

Jamieasked

MyRepublic

Pretty frustrated with the service. My partner swapped over, was highly recommended by my brother, but since connecting, we have had nothing but dramas. Connection issues constantly. Get the solid red light on the @ symbol all the time on the modem. We will be watching something, then suddenly it would start buffering but would not load anything. Not even Facebook on the phones. Having that issue as I type, again. Tried resetting the box, didn't solve it. Turned the nbn box off, waited 5 minutes and turned it back on. Turned the modem off, at the same time, but gave it another extra 5 minutes. Reconnected and still the red light and has been like that for 30 minutes. This has happened well over 20 times since joining. It's a joke. Our older provider was slow but atleast we had internet constantly

Hi Jamie,

We regret to hear about your poor experience attempting to resolve your ongoing connection issues. It does appear that you may have experienced a fault on the network in which we have a great process to work in resolving these issues upon the first contact. Kindly hop on our Live Chat support on the website that is available from 8 AM to 8:00 PM on weekdays. Alternatively, you can call us at 1300 130 888 for further inquiries.

Newby2407

Hey there Jamie im having the same issues with them. ive wasted many hours checking all sorts with them. they never fix it. Im changing providers. Constant streaming problems. Dropouts. Stalling. Same thing every time i contact them and they treat you like a fool.

Get an answer from our members and MyRepublic representatives

Other Internet Service Providers