Orbit Homes Questions & Answers

Sallyjane W.
Sallyjane W. · Brisbane

Can u tell me what Color the tiles are on 12 Victoria drive pacific pines

Orbit Homes   DM

Hi, I'm not too sure what address this is.

CHIRAG T.
CHIRAG T. · Brisbane

I have chosen design which have no Alfresco in it. After that, I thought it would be great if I would have alfresco in my home. So , I have added it additionally. Now, after considering my budget, I am moving to original design by removing Alfresco. Technically, I am moving back to Bellevue 247 which has no Alfresco and which will have 6 star energy rating as per advertising. So, My question is how I have to pay extra or we have to work out with energy rating if I go back to original design?

Orbit Homes   DM

Hi Chirag, I will need to find this out for you. Are you speaking with a New Home Sales Professional?
^Monique

Mario L.
Mario L. · Orbit Homes

Can you guarantee a set start and completion date and how much you offer for liquidated damages?

Orbit Homes   DM

Hi Mario, We do offer guarantee site starts, and completions are noted in the HIA contract when issued. We do offer liquidated damages.
Is there anything else I can help you with?
^Orbit Homes Team

Iftikhar A.
Iftikhar A.

what are the single story timelines in Melbourne based on the current statistics?

Orbit Homes   DM

Hi Iftikhar, it depends on the size of the home you are building as well as Facade.

Bec
Bec · Victoria

Hi, just wondering if you could tell me the name of the carpet used in your Sorrento 398 at Newhaven in Tarneit please

Orbit Homes   DM

Hi, I will need to check with our interior team. So bear with me, while we look to find out the name :)

Max
Max · Victoria

How long you guys take to build single story home?

Orbit Homes   DM

Hi Max, it depends on the home designs & location, but approximately (pending no delays) 150 Days.
^Monique

Abhay S.
Abhay S. · Victoria

Hello there- do you provide a formal quotation to construct the house?

Orbit Homes   DM

Yes we do Abhay, you can view the journey you will take here Building in VIC external link
Building in QLD external link

Peter
Peter · Victoria

Do you usually take 7-8 months to complete a single storey home or is it just with my case? If you take this long for a single storey how long do you take for a double storey little bigger home?

Orbit Homes   DM

Hi Peter, it depends on the size of the single storey home. It can take between 8-10 months for a double storey home - again depending on the size and design details.

Janu
Janu · Orbit Homes

Hi! Just wondering my finance has been declined by bank. I am thinking of Cancellation. I have paid $3000 to Orbit as a deposit. At this stage Survey has not been ordered yet and Orbit haven’t done the soil test yet. So can you please clear me how long does it take for Cancellation process and how much will be the refund?Thank you

Tiara1234
Tiara1234 · Orbit Homes

Hello, did anyone add a shower niche and an extra shower head ? If so, how much did orbit charge you?

Maria
Maria

Hi we added both and it was cheap under $500

DON Kuruppu
DON Kuruppu

Provide a secondary shower set to the shower compartment including additional

plumbing, a Dorf Enigma mixer tap and Caroma Pin Shower Rail -$815

Niches 400x400 - $415

snipersid
snipersid · Orbit Homes

My driveway has been built with the wrong rocks, I have all the proof. Do I have to pay them for the driveway?

S. Bhullar

Well first thing, when say wrong rocks, was meant to be meet the guidelines of land contract?

If you got all the proofs, I think they will be liable for all the costs. But if it's your misunderstanding then you have to pay or just live with it. I hope it helps

Leanne Carroll
Leanne Carroll · Orbit Homes

Hi I am looking at whether to build with orbit or Metricon and am confused about the extras with each. Orbit seem to have a few of the extras with Metricon included in orbit .

Did you find that there were a lot if extras after you signed and is there anything I should look out for .

What house did you build by the way ?

Very confused

Hi Leanne

We built Balwyn. We just got extra pack with kitchen. It's was extra $2500 I think and in that we got big canopy range, westing house oven, stone bench, splash back, caroms taps. So I think that's all I need for kitchen. We were referred by a friend so we got free 700 w air con free. Orbit is really good with communication, the quality and delivery time and aftercare for another 3 months with any issues. One thing keep in mind go to any builder but don't go to a new builder. Don't believe on too much display house. Try to find if you can see the built by that company. Because display just attraction. Hope it helps

Brett D
Brett D

The display home will NOT be what the base contract is for. it will be with ALL the options and sometimes some modifications. This is true of all builders. It never hurts to as for more than they are offering, we did and got an additional "lifestyle" pack for free. If one builder is offering something the other isn't ask for it, $2K-3K is 1% or less of the contract cost so they won't blink at that. The base price for our build was $168k but the final house was $220k with the changes we wanted. allow about 20-30% of the price for "extras" no matter who you build with.

Malcolm Lee · Orbit Homes

What is presite clarifications and generator charges? How come water is leaking 7 places at my house at the roof. But no emergency team working on weekend. How can water leaking for 2 days inside the property?

Cool_Chicadee
Cool_Chicadee

Not sure about pre-site clarifications. The generator charges would be for the hire of a generator of power should it not be available (we had to pay this as the electricity wasn't connected because it wasn't installed properly the first time and they didn't want to hold up the carpenters)

If your roof is leaking (and it is indeed due to a fault by the builder) I would contact them immediately or a plumber and send them the bill. We had handover on Friday and our site supervisor told us if we had any plumbing issues to call a plumber as they were closed over the weekend and we would be reimbursed, thankfully we had none.

Lisa F
Lisa F

I had no water issues, but they did miss placing to extra drains in the back yard, but this has been rectified now... so no flooding when it rains. I would also get a plumber out and send the bill to orbit. Let them figure who pays for what..you've entered into a contract.... these issues should be covered in the contract. Sorry can't help further

mpchick
mpchick · Orbit Homes

We were about to build with Orbit homes, but now on reading all these reviews, we have changed our mind. Who does everyone recommend as a good quality, reliable builder with affordable prices, similar to Orbits?

Ezzy_13
Ezzy_13

If you look at every company they have bad reviews. I wouldn't Change from orbit. Just be mindful if you go with Simons get your slab raised! I have seen 5 houses in my street flood as they were "dug" in. Good luck go with who your comfy able with and trust your gut feeling.

Malcolm Lee

Good decision, not choosing orbit, you are so lucky.

Get an answer from our members and Orbit Homes representatives

Select a listing for your question