Pennytel Questions & Answers

Graham C.asked

Does Unused data Rollover too the next 28 days

jan r
jan r

Don’t know because we NEVER used it as they could NOT give us the number we wanted to transfer over and then bugged us for 3 months threatening us with debt collection for 30$....even though we didn’t open the account and told them so many many times...shocking company , don’t do it....plus they said all Aussie company but we constantly got Asian people on the phone who 1. We couldn’t really understand and
2. They NEVER did a follow through with our request to cancel even though they said they would.

Thanks Jan r I read something similar earlier I think I will give them a miss

Ella M.Pennytel

Hi Jan, once again we are sorry for your less than great experience. I hoep we can swiftly clear up this misunderstanding that has occurred. If you would like to provide us with either your account or ticket number, we will be sure to look into this for you. Thank you

Kind Regards,

Graham C.asked

Does unused data rollover

Bob W.
Bob W.

No. It wouldn’t matter what company you sign up with. Think of it as an allotment of of data you could use for the money

Ella M.Pennytel

Thanks Bob for your response, and yes you are right. Graham, unfortunately we do not have data rollover, however, we offer great prices on our plans https://pennytel.com.au/plans if you are interested.

Jenette

Jenetteasked

Do you sell mobile phones? If so can existing pennytel sim go straight in to phone? And if you do sell them can they be paid off as part of existing plan? Thanks. Jenette

Hi Jenette,

Great question and yes we do sell mobile phones, here is the link to our page https://pennytel.com.au/phones. You can purchase the phone outright along with one of our great value plans on a month to month no contract plan. If you have any further questions, please feel free to call through to our friendly team on 1300 232 888.

Kind Regards,

Andrew-Jan Robinson

Andrew-Jan Robinsonasked

can pennytel users use telstra air

RTFM
RTFM

I think you should ask Pennytel.
Pennytel is a Telstra retailer and uses all of Telstra's wholesale product range but I cannot say for sure that it allows use of Telstra Air wifi.

Lindsay B.

Lindsay B.asked

Can I transfer my existing names and numbers over to a new phone or
do I have to start all over again. thanks Lindsay.

Gael
Gael

You can bring your phone number with you. I did

Ben F.asked

My daughter has a prepaid Telstra phone (Nokia 2.1). Can we change sim card to pennytel as it's telstra, or are we locked exclusively to Telstra?

Graeme Bull

Hi Ben, I had a prepaid with Telstra and changed to Pennytel, keeping the same number, so I believe you should be able to. Best decision I ever made, saving me heaps.

Ben F.

Thanks Graeme, it sure will save alot. Glad I can do it. Cheers.

andy

andyasked

can i phone australia from england using pennytel and are their extra charges?

Graeme Bullasked

On the $10.99 monthly contract can you do premium mms eg: 55c competition numbers

Eckart

Eckartasked

will I be advised when I;v used the data before Im charged for the next gig

Alan
Alan

Yes, you can manage all this from your pennytel account, there is no automatic top-up, you get to choose what you want to do,

millos65

millos65asked

How do you pay the bill

Michael J.
Michael J.

direct debit each month. they email the invoice beforehand

Heater R

Heater Rasked

how to turn off voicemail

Tony R

Tony Rasked

Hi - if we bring both my wife's and my mobile over from Telstra, can we have a shared data plan? We're thinking of one of the 1GB plans and one of the 10GB plans between us ... Tony

joy671
joy671

sorry I cant answer this. you will have to call pennytel

Clint
Clint

There is no data sharing on the same account totally separate

Vera

Veraasked

Are Mobile calls (to Mobile numbers) included in free calls.
Barry

Tina
Tina

John WB

John WBasked

I note that Pennytel use the Telstra Voicemail. Telstra charge for that but also provide a free alternative that sends a text message of a short voice message if left by caller, or if no message just advice of missed call and no message.
Do Pennytel do the same? If so what is your charge for the Voicemail?
John WB.

Ron Wolf

Ron Wolfasked

My mobile is with Virgin. How do I cancel and change over to Pennytel

Dazasked

Does the Pennytel plans include a voicemail service? There is no mention on the website including costs?

Henderson
Henderson

Pennytel does not include a voicemail service of its own. However, as Pennytel uses the Telstra network, you use the normal Telstra voicemail service. This is fairly easy to set up, allowing you to record your own personal greeting, not just a synthetic voice.

Thanks for info

kevin d.

kevin d.asked

I would like to know if my ZTE ZIP BLADE 110 is a compatible set to use with a Penntytel plan. KD.

Anthony W.

olfella

It is for my mobile and includes all calls and messages with 1gb data

Razz

Razzasked

Does the Pennytel network use exactly the same as Telstra? My aging Dad lives in the bush, and needs the Telstra network to get calls.
I have heard that some telcos on Telstra's network don't get full coverage.
Thanks.

Hi Razz,

Great Question!

Pennytel uses parts of the Telstra Mobile Network that covers more than 98.8% of the population with 3G and 97% of the population with 4G.

Telstra does provide more coverage in some areas so if you have tried other providers on the Telstra Network and they have not worked for you, then you may experience the same issues with us.

We’d recommend using the coverage checker on our website to see what we are able to provide for you. We have provided the link for this below.

Kind Regards
The Pennytel Team

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives