Pennytel Questions & Answers

52 questions from our users

Stephen A.

Stephen A.asked

Hi can You port my number over to the new sim as I have had the existing number with Telstra for 30 years and don’t want to lose it. Also can I also change my iPad over to Pennytel with a data plan?
Thx Steve A

Hi Stephen,

Porting your existing number is fine but we don't have Data only plans.
Free feel to contact the sales team on 1300 232 888 who can explain the porting process to you.

Cherie Sommerville

Cherie Sommervilleasked

Hello,
I need to change my mothers mobile phone provider, can you tell me if i change her over will it not change until she gets her new sim card and activates it?
Cherie

Leanne

Hi Cherie, yes that is right - nothing will change over until you receive sim card from Pennytel but ring them as soon as you get it, as I put sim card in and then rang them and was told to take it back out and put old one back until phone was 'not working'. I changed to Pennytel late last year and just changed my Mother's over and Pennytel gave us both $30 credit !! Kind regards, Leanne

Leanne

Also, Pennytel will let the old provider know too, so all you have to do is ring Pennytel and they do the rest.

Thanks Leanne I appreciate you taking the time to answer the question for me. Did you know you can get a discount if you have a seniors card to!

Richard H.

Richard H.asked

Why cant I enter sunrise competition from my pennytel accountt

JohnS

JohnSasked

Do you Bank with a Credit Union is that why payments take so long to be transferred to you from us?

Patrick Hines

Patrick Hinesasked

I already subscribe to a Pennytel prepaid plan. Where I live, I have a Cel-fi mobile booster installed which gives excellent signal strength in the main house. However, the signal in a granny flat situated ±20m away is very patchy. (1 bar max). Does Pennytel support Wi-fi calling? If not, can you suggest an alternative means of improving the signal strength in the granny flat?

Bob Leonard
Bob Leonard

Sorry Patrick, I know nothing about any of that as we only have a sim from Pennytel.
Rergards
Bob

Peter M.asked

Hello,Will I be able to use free wifi at home when I start a plan?

Paul
Paul

I don't have any problems using WiFi connected to my home internet.

Peter M.

Hi Paul,I am about to join on a $10 cheaper plan.I dont use alot of data and I dont make many calls.Will my monthly bill be around $10 or will I have extra fees?

Peter M.asked

Hello,I am about to switch from vodafone to Pennytel.I have used free wifi at home to contact friends on messenger .Will I still be able to do that?

Kriss
Kriss

Yes, definately, all plans seem to come with data (like wifi but direct to your phone). Messenger doesnt require a lot of data so you should be good regardless of the plan you choose.

Peter M.

hi Kriss,I I am going to start with the cheapest plan $10. I dont make alot of calls.Will i be paying close to $10 each month or alot more?

hugh m.
hugh m.

You will only pay $10 a month even if you make 1 call or 100 ,this is a top provider ,no wishy washy setup.

ACDC

ACDCasked

Hi does pennytel support wifi calling

Ella MPennytel

Hi there, we don't support WIFI calling at this stage.

Case Van Tatenhove

Case Van Tatenhoveasked

I am on a Kogan plan which expires in two weeks. I dropped my phone and need a new one plus I want to keep my number Can you help or suggest

Russ Grayasked

G'day, very interested in bringing two mobile numbers to Pennytel, we have our own handsets. 1) after agreeing with you on packages what else do we have to do ? 2) can we change packages at any time ? 3) whats involved in arranging international roaming? 4) do you accept Amex card ?. Thanks. Russ.

GregP
GregP

Ask Pennytel !!!

Thought I had?????!!!!

Hi Russ,

Please contact our friendly team on 1300 232 888 and they would be able to answer all of your questions.

Alanasked

How do I sort out a problem when the phone dos not work and I cant log in and your password reset dos not work

Hi Alan,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues.

If you are able to send us a message with your account details and a short description of the issue, we’d be happy to look into this for you and see what we are able to do to resolve this for you.

Alan

I have no 3G connection I can not receive or make calls. I can not call you to fix the problem, I can not reset my password. I have been waiting now for over 26 hours and have finally received a response telling me to weighting over an hour a go now. I have a Telstra booster displaying 4 to 5 bars and none on my phone I have tried a different phone, same crap. I have a 91 year old mother with miled dim ensure 2200 km away that I have not been able to ring for 2 weeks and I don't know whether she is alive or dead. I have a business that has ground to a stop and I get no response to fix the problem.

account 735956

Kerrie

Kerrieasked

I wish to switch our mobile plans over to Pennytel. Can we be assured the sim card will suit our phones as they are both quite different?
Thanks Kerrie

Hi Kerrie,

Great question! Welcome to the Pennytel family.

All SIM cards come triple punched with these sizes available: Standard SIM, Micro SIM and Nano-SIM.
More information can be found below.

olivera

oliveraasked

hi pennytell if i want to buy one of nokias on your website as i have pennytel sim do u offer payment plan via after pay or instalments that would really help customers get new phone and will u introduce some more range of different models and compnies

Hi Olivera,

Thanks so much for your question.

If you are purchasing a phone through our website, then it does need to be paid upfront.

We are always thankful for suggestions from our customers on how we can improve in the future!

Ian

Ianasked

Does pennytel support WiFi calling?

Hi Ian,

Great question!

Unfortunately at this stage, this is something we do not support.

We are happy to take your question as a suggestion for future improvement.

Len C.

Len C.asked

Can I pay the 12 months fee in advance?

Hi Len,

Thanks for your question.

You do have the ability to pay your bill in advance, it will just appear as a credit on your invoice and will accrue in your account.

Kim C.

Kim C.asked

why can't I receive sms from uzbekistan?I can send with no problems and can receive sms on telstra but not pennytel.

Hi Kim,

Thanks for getting in contact with us. Sorry to hear that you are having issues.

We’d recommend contact our support team on 1300 232 888 and they will be able to look into this further for you.

Barry casked

Do you offer plans greater than 20gb?

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your question.

The largest plan that we offer is the 20GB plan.

Thank you.

richard

richardasked

can i cancel my order

Phillip B
Phillip B

Can I cancel or return my order/delivery?
You can cancel your order as long as you do this prior to receiving or activating your SIM. If you wish to cancel your service after you have activated the SIM you will not receive any credits and there are no termination fees.

To cancel your Pennytel order or return your unwanted SIM card, please contact our Accounts team on 1300 232 888.

Ben N.

Ben N.asked

Does a Pennytel sim work on a locked telstra phone?

Hi Ben,

Thanks so much for your question.

Although we use the Telstra Network are a separate entity so you would need to ensure that your phone is unlocked to use our Sim Cards.

We’d recommending contacting Telstra to discuss your options.

The Pennytel Team

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

Other Mobile Phone Service Providers