Pennytel Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by Pennytel

79 questions from our users

Gavin L.
Gavin L.asked

On pre-paid SIM only services, is data usage cost calculated per Mb? What is Pennytels rate for August 2022?

Heather Casked

I have been notified I have used all my data with 5 days to go.What happens now?

Barbara B.
Barbara B.asked

Do you have an NBN plan

Carmy A.
Carmy A.asked

Hi Pennytel
I’m strongly considering coming across to Pennytel, but I have some questions for you. Is your service capped through out the day? At this moment with Belong, my service is forever dropping, sending and receiving messages are delayed. Phone calls don’t go through or aren’t received and Internet access and streaming are at its worse. Will this happen with your service?

Thanks,

CA

Mark
Markasked

Hi
How and were to find the pennytel mobile app, I can’t find it the App Store .

nothingwmnasked

Hi, Belong is forcing its current 1GB plan customers onto the more expensive 3GB plan in April, so I am thinking of switching to Pennytel. In your CIS I have seen "PAYG rates apply for MMS Video In Australia to AU mobiles"—does this mean I won't be able to text animated gifs or videos without extra charges? Also, it is unclear what happens if I go over my monthly data limit, do you automatically apply a top up and charge me for it? Cheers

nothingwmn

Thanks Pennytel for the reply! Just one last query—if I go over and choose not to top my data up, am I just capped at a very slow rate, or do I simply not have service after that point?
Cheers

valentina p.
valentina p.asked

Hi Pennytel how much you charge for a few day late payment thanks

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Hi, thanks for reaching out.
No late payment fee is applied. However we advise calling us on 1300 232 888 and get an extension on your Bill.
Regards,

Rhona C.
Rhona C.asked

I'm thinking of changing my provider I've read some reports are they genuine?

lee c.
lee c.asked

does Pennytel allow for 19 numbers for text.
with respect

Oz Travellers
Oz Travellers

I don't know, suggest you contact Pennytel, real easy to talk to.

DLVR2U
DLVR2U

When u say "allow for 19 numbers for text" do u mean can u send the same text msg to 19 different numbers all at once ?

Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.asked

We have had no ph service for 2 weeks , and had no satisfaction from the numerous calls we've put into pennytell?

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Hi Jennifer, thanks for reaching out. We're here to help! We have sent you a message to assist.
- Pennytel.

Not happy customerasked

Why can’t I send pictures using my iphone 8

Peter
Peter

I know very little about smart phones, but my Nokia does send photo's.

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Thanks for reaching out. This may be a setting on your phone, we can assist with troubleshooting this for you.
We have sent you a message to get your Pennytel mobile details.

- The Pennytel Team

Grahamasked

Hey guys,

I don't want to write a negative review yet, but I've had nothing but problems with the sim card. Keep freezing and reloading Everytime I try and make a call or cuts me off during a call. It's not my phone as previous sim card with a rival worked. I've put in a ticket request but I didn't get a reply.

Graham

Also my internet freezes over and over and over.

Barb
Barb
Graham

Definitely not location I live in. I'm not that far from the CBD really. It never happened with my previous Sim. Sim card error message comes up and affects everything unfortunately.

Jaklyn H.
Jaklyn H.asked

Hi, just wondering if the 1GB plan covers MMS as well as SMS?

Barbara A
Barbara A

Yes, all texts both MMS & SMS are unlimited provided they are made in Aust to Aust mobiles.
Hope this helps you make a decision.

Not happy customer

It isn’t working for me on my
iPhone 8

Wozasked

I want to swap both my phone and my wife's phone over to Pennytel. Any discount and how do I go about it?

Jennybee
Jennybee
Woz

What is their phone number, Jennybee?

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Hi Woz, thanks for reaching out. We're here to help you get started!
You can speak to our team on 1300 232 888

Kevin S.
Kevin S.asked

Why is me service disconnected when ihave not received a nill

Pennytel PennytelSend a private message

Hi Kevin, we have sent you a message to assist.
- The Pennytel Team

Steve H.
Steve H.asked

Do I have to cancel my current provider when I changeover

Rick M.asked

Is there a model of Cel-Fi Repeater which will work with Pennytel 4G SIMs on the Telstra wholesale network in Sydney?

Rick M.

- at around AUD 1000 it's an expensive way of improving cellular signal. I'd be REALLY bummed if I went down that path only to find WiFi Calling was made available shortly afterwards!

PeterD
PeterD

I moved from Pennytel to a Vodaphone provider (iiNet). Immediate signal strength improvement and probably cheaper than Cel-Fi.

Squizzy
Squizzyasked

Hi, Telstra have advised the 3G network will be shut down in 2024. At my location my Pennytel Sim only has access to 3G even though the tower I access has 3g, 4g and 4gx. When will Pennytel have full access to the 4g network and also VOLTE

LEE SHARMA
LEE SHARMAasked

Do pennytel cover 5g

HAK
HAKasked

Just wanted to know about the Max internet speed Pennytel offers, given all conditions are optimum?

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

Other Mobile Phone Service Providers