Pennytel Questions & Answers

LEE SHARMA
LEE SHARMAasked

Do pennytel cover 5g

HAKasked

Just wanted to know about the Max internet speed Pennytel offers, given all conditions are optimum?

HAKasked

Does Pennytel use voice over LTE (VoLTE)?

Ben
Ben

Don't know - why no ask them?

HAK

I tried twice to get in touch via CONTACT US "https://pennytel.com.au/contact/sales-contact". However, didn't hear from them since April 2021 - most likely because of the popular demand which resulted huge volume of inquiry leading to case by case response, maybe!!!

Peter C.
Peter C.asked

Hello are calls on the $15.99 plan charged per minute?
Thanks.

Hi Peter,

Calls within Australia are Unlimited.

Regards,

Peter C.
Peter C.asked

Hello, I` looking at your $15.99 3gb plan.Are calls charged per minute?

Hi Peter,

Calls in Australia are Unlimited.

Roger
Rogerasked

I am currently with Telstra. ? If I change to Pennytel can I still have a post paid service. Billed monthly and auto-deducted.

J Marsh
J Marsh

I receive a post paid service with pennytel. Billing can be set up in lots of ways, but mine is auto deducted.

BTW, I love how you can ring and speak to a person if you want to change plan size.

It is easy to log into your account online to check your plan, data usage etc

So glad to have moved from T******

bcollieasked

When will Pennytel make WiFi calling available?

Alison P.
Alison P.

Sorry can't help you with that question. I don't use it for that.

bcollie

I thought there Pennytel reps on this page

Hi Bcollie,

This is something that the big boys have to release into our systems. We are currently aiming to have this complete sooner rather than later.

We will announce on our socials once it is available.

Regards,

Josephasked

I have got 2 Galaxy A71 4G, living in Caspian Circuit, Point Cook, Victoria and I have got lots of problems (call drops constantly inside or outside the house) with other Telco that operates under Optus.
I already contact Samsung support and they told me phone is fine.
I would like to know if is a problem with the distance from the towers or I live in the black spot and doesn't matter with company I'm with I got the same problem. Do I need any Booster?
I know Telstra got the best coverage. Could you please tell me your opinion?
Joseph Lobo

Hi Joseph,

According to our coverage map we have full 4G coverage there. You could purchase one of our low end plans to trial this if you would like. My advice would be to trial first and see if the Telstra tower has better coverage than the current Optus sim. This does happen and is more common than you think - If that is still a problem then putting a booster in the house definitely helps. I personally live in a little bit of a black spot and used a booster on my roof and have not had any issues since.

Let me know if you need anything else Joseph.

Cheers,

Hi Brendon
Thank you very much for your response.
I will follow your advice and I'm going to contact Pennytel.
Kind regards
JLobo

Hi Brendon
Thank you for your information, and I would like to inform that all the problems I had with my Galaxy A71 stopped since I change the network.
Now I am with PENNYTEL and I m very happy. No more drop calls and the voice is clear. My 2nd phone is now waiting for a PENNYTEL SIM card.
JLobo

Chris H
Chris Hasked

I live in Cairns would it work up in the north or only for big cities. ?

Hi Chris,

Apologies on the delayed response.

We use parts of the Telstra 3G/4G network so we most definitely work in Rural areas.

Cheers,

Stephen A.
Stephen A.asked

Hi can You port my number over to the new sim as I have had the existing number with Telstra for 30 years and don’t want to lose it. Also can I also change my iPad over to Pennytel with a data plan?
Thx Steve A

Hi Stephen,

Porting your existing number is fine but we don't have Data only plans.
Free feel to contact the sales team on 1300 232 888 who can explain the porting process to you.

The Pennytel Team

Cherie Sommervilleasked

Hello,
I need to change my mothers mobile phone provider, can you tell me if i change her over will it not change until she gets her new sim card and activates it?
Cherie

Leanne

Hi Cherie, yes that is right - nothing will change over until you receive sim card from Pennytel but ring them as soon as you get it, as I put sim card in and then rang them and was told to take it back out and put old one back until phone was 'not working'. I changed to Pennytel late last year and just changed my Mother's over and Pennytel gave us both $30 credit !! Kind regards, Leanne

Leanne

Also, Pennytel will let the old provider know too, so all you have to do is ring Pennytel and they do the rest.

Cherie Sommerville

Thanks Leanne I appreciate you taking the time to answer the question for me. Did you know you can get a discount if you have a seniors card to!

Richard H.
Richard H.asked

Why cant I enter sunrise competition from my pennytel accountt

JohnS
JohnSasked

Do you Bank with a Credit Union is that why payments take so long to be transferred to you from us?

Patrick Hines
Patrick Hinesasked

I already subscribe to a Pennytel prepaid plan. Where I live, I have a Cel-fi mobile booster installed which gives excellent signal strength in the main house. However, the signal in a granny flat situated ±20m away is very patchy. (1 bar max). Does Pennytel support Wi-fi calling? If not, can you suggest an alternative means of improving the signal strength in the granny flat?

Bob Leonard
Bob Leonard

Sorry Patrick, I know nothing about any of that as we only have a sim from Pennytel.
Rergards
Bob

Peter M.asked

Hello,Will I be able to use free wifi at home when I start a plan?

Paul
Paul

I don't have any problems using WiFi connected to my home internet.

Peter M.

Hi Paul,I am about to join on a $10 cheaper plan.I dont use alot of data and I dont make many calls.Will my monthly bill be around $10 or will I have extra fees?

Peter M.asked

Hello,I am about to switch from vodafone to Pennytel.I have used free wifi at home to contact friends on messenger .Will I still be able to do that?

Kriss
Kriss

Yes, definately, all plans seem to come with data (like wifi but direct to your phone). Messenger doesnt require a lot of data so you should be good regardless of the plan you choose.

Peter M.

hi Kriss,I I am going to start with the cheapest plan $10. I dont make alot of calls.Will i be paying close to $10 each month or alot more?

hugh m.
hugh m.

You will only pay $10 a month even if you make 1 call or 100 ,this is a top provider ,no wishy washy setup.

ACDC
ACDCasked

Hi does pennytel support wifi calling

Ella MPennytel

Hi there, we don't support WIFI calling at this stage.

Case Van Tatenhove
Case Van Tatenhoveasked

I am on a Kogan plan which expires in two weeks. I dropped my phone and need a new one plus I want to keep my number Can you help or suggest

Russ Grayasked

G'day, very interested in bringing two mobile numbers to Pennytel, we have our own handsets. 1) after agreeing with you on packages what else do we have to do ? 2) can we change packages at any time ? 3) whats involved in arranging international roaming? 4) do you accept Amex card ?. Thanks. Russ.

GregP
GregP

Ask Pennytel !!!

Thought I had?????!!!!

Hi Russ,

Please contact our friendly team on 1300 232 888 and they would be able to answer all of your questions.

Pennytel

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

Other Mobile Phone Service Providers