Pennytel Questions & Answers

38 questions from our users

Ian

Ianasked

Does pennytel support WiFi calling?

Len C.

Len C.asked

Can I pay the 12 months fee in advance?

Hi Len,

Thanks for your question.

You do have the ability to pay your bill in advance, it will just appear as a credit on your invoice and will accrue in your account.

Kim C.

Kim C.asked

why can't I receive sms from uzbekistan?I can send with no problems and can receive sms on telstra but not pennytel.

Hi Kim,

Thanks for getting in contact with us. Sorry to hear that you are having issues.

We’d recommend contact our support team on 1300 232 888 and they will be able to look into this further for you.

Barry casked

Do you offer plans greater than 20gb?

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your question.

The largest plan that we offer is the 20GB plan.

Thank you.

richard

richardasked

can i cancel my order

Phillip B
Phillip B

Can I cancel or return my order/delivery?
You can cancel your order as long as you do this prior to receiving or activating your SIM. If you wish to cancel your service after you have activated the SIM you will not receive any credits and there are no termination fees.

To cancel your Pennytel order or return your unwanted SIM card, please contact our Accounts team on 1300 232 888.

Ben N.

Ben N.asked

Does a Pennytel sim work on a locked telstra phone?

Hi Ben,

Thanks so much for your question.

Although we use the Telstra Network are a separate entity so you would need to ensure that your phone is unlocked to use our Sim Cards.

We’d recommending contacting Telstra to discuss your options.

Darren John

Darren Johnasked

I switched from A Telstra (20yrs++) mobile customer to Pennytel (4wks) mobile, and cost saving is impressive:)
Live in Rural / Southwest WA - coverage at home is 1 to 2bars outside and 1 to SOS inside the house.
With Telstra Direct, VOWiFi, my business & personal mobile calls a Breeze :), Clear and Contactable 24/7
1st 3weeks with Pennytel - VOWiFi worked perfectly :) 24/7
Someone? Pennytel?? Turned off / Flicked a switch - and my Account/ Mobile no longer can access VOWiFi and my Mobile life at Home - has turned upside-down, customers, family and friends - call, go straight to Voice Mail / MSG and awaiting my return call (Standing on Lawn Outside) in effort to get Coverage:( :( :(
Changing SIM to friends OPTUS or Telstra SIM - my iPhone XS works perfectly inside house, using VOWiFi - so 100% not a Hardware / Settings issue - is Carrier / Pennytel systems Issue :( :( :(
Have contacted Pennytel Customer / Technical support multiple times / ticket#s and informed that System Techinian will email shortly - 7days later and still awaiting answers/ solutions :( :(
Very, Very disappointed PENNYTEL :( :( :(

Desmond
Desmond

Have similar problems in trying to get a refund as they could not provide the service as stated. A very deceptive company to say the least and blatantly lie about their responses. Think catrefully before subscribing to this company
Desmond Muir

Hi Darren,

Our sincerest apologies for the delayed response and for the customer experience you have had. We absolutely understand your disappointment.

If you are still experiencing these issues, please send us a message with your account details and we would be happy to look into this further for you to try to get this issue resolved.

lynne daly

lynne dalyasked

how do you call 1977077 on pennytel mobile

Hi Lynne,

Thanks for getting in contact with us.

Regarding your question, we'd just wanted to clarify are having issues finding where you make the calls or are you experiencing issues when making your call?

janis
janis

I have no idea what this is about. what sort of number is it anyway. only 7 numbers

Hi Janis,

We have had a look at this number for you. It looks as though this is the number for the Sunrise Cash Cow and can only be accessed via message.

Wed recommend looking at their page for more information.

Say Kean Yongasked

Hi I am a senior, currently with TPG on Voda phone carrier. If I change over to you do i have to pay extra to keep my current phone number?

Cate
Cate

Not sure about TPG, i was with Telstra when i transfered to Penytell & i kept the same mobile number (no extra cost) plus i got a refund cheque in the mail about 2 weeks after the switch from Telstra for unused credit.

Hi Say Kean Yong,

Thanks for your message and thank you, Cate, for your reply.

You absolutely can transfer your current number to Pennytel. We call this Number Porting. There is no cost to port your number to Pennytel, however, if you are in a contract with your current provider or have a plan with them, wed recommend speaking to them to see if there are any fees applied.

If you would like to discuss how to switch to Pennytel, you can contact our friendly team on 1300 232 888.

I

Val Kuliwaba

Val Kuliwabaasked

Can I use my Alcatel Model 4055T Android version 6.0 mobile phone to change to Pennytel , I currently use the Vodafone pay as you go service on my phone.

Hi Val,

Great question!

We don't believe that you would have any issues, wed recommend speaking to our sales team to make sure though.

You can contact them on 1300 232 888.

Ros H

Ros Hasked

Hi
Just wondering if Pennytel covers rural South Australia e.g. Barossa Valley, Murraylands and Riverland districts
Regards Ros

Hi Ros,

We recommend checking our coverage map listed on our website.

We have listed this below for you.

Alternatively, you can choose our smallest plan for one month and trial our services in your area. Our plans are available month-to-month, with no contract and no cancellation fees. So, it's easy to return to your former provider if you do experience any issues.

Rob B.

Rob B.asked

I live rurally in NW Tasmania and wondered if you have a similar coverage as Telstra. I am ready to change provider. Rob

Kanga
Kanga

Hi Rob,
I am finding Pennytel quite adequate compared to my previous Telstra experience. I remember there was tool on the Pennytel site that gave a picture of Pennytel service in my area which is coastal area of Sutherland shire in Sydney.
Pennytel is worth a shot at the price to see if it is viable in your area.
I certainly find their service good!

Peter Jasked

Can we use the same mobile phone numbers that we have with Telstra if we were to swap to Pennytel?

L.Schulz
L.Schulz

From the Pennytel home site.

Can I keep the same number when I switch?

Yes. If you decide to move to Pennytel, youll have the choice to keep your Australian mobile number, or get a brand new one.

Graham C.asked

Does Unused data Rollover too the next 28 days

jan r
jan r

Don’t know because we NEVER used it as they could NOT give us the number we wanted to transfer over and then bugged us for 3 months threatening us with debt collection for 30$....even though we didn’t open the account and told them so many many times...shocking company , don’t do it....plus they said all Aussie company but we constantly got Asian people on the phone who 1. We couldn’t really understand and
2. They NEVER did a follow through with our request to cancel even though they said they would.

Thanks Jan r I read something similar earlier I think I will give them a miss

Ella M.Pennytel

Hi Jan, once again we are sorry for your less than great experience. I hoep we can swiftly clear up this misunderstanding that has occurred. If you would like to provide us with either your account or ticket number, we will be sure to look into this for you. Thank you

Kind Regards,

Graham C.asked

Does unused data rollover

Bob W.
Bob W.

No. It wouldn’t matter what company you sign up with. Think of it as an allotment of of data you could use for the money

Ella M.Pennytel

Thanks Bob for your response, and yes you are right. Graham, unfortunately we do not have data rollover, however, we offer great prices on our plans https://pennytel.com.au/plans if you are interested.

Jenette

Jenetteasked

Do you sell mobile phones? If so can existing pennytel sim go straight in to phone? And if you do sell them can they be paid off as part of existing plan? Thanks. Jenette

Hi Jenette,

Great question and yes we do sell mobile phones, here is the link to our page https://pennytel.com.au/phones. You can purchase the phone outright along with one of our great value plans on a month to month no contract plan. If you have any further questions, please feel free to call through to our friendly team on 1300 232 888.

Kind Regards,

Andrew-Jan Robinson

Andrew-Jan Robinsonasked

can pennytel users use telstra air

RTFM
RTFM

I think you should ask Pennytel.
Pennytel is a Telstra retailer and uses all of Telstra's wholesale product range but I cannot say for sure that it allows use of Telstra Air wifi.

Lindsay B.

Lindsay B.asked

Can I transfer my existing names and numbers over to a new phone or
do I have to start all over again. thanks Lindsay.

Gael
Gael

You can bring your phone number with you. I did

Ben F.asked

My daughter has a prepaid Telstra phone (Nokia 2.1). Can we change sim card to pennytel as it's telstra, or are we locked exclusively to Telstra?

Graeme Bull
Graeme Bull

Hi Ben, I had a prepaid with Telstra and changed to Pennytel, keeping the same number, so I believe you should be able to. Best decision I ever made, saving me heaps.

Ben F.

Thanks Graeme, it sure will save alot. Glad I can do it. Cheers.

andy

andyasked

can i phone australia from england using pennytel and are their extra charges?

Get an answer from our members and Pennytel representatives

Other Mobile Phone Service Providers