Petsy Pet Insurance

Petsy Pet Insurance Questions & Answers

Vet Select Pet Insurance, Cats Insurance, Puppies Insurance, etc...
Listing monitored by Petsy

5 questions from our users

Miffy
Miffyasked
Pet Insurance

I have a French bulldog puppy (10 weeks old) and can’t decide if I should go with the Vet Select plan or puppy plan (which has routine option). Can you please recommend which plan is better for the French bulldog puppy?

Archanaasked

Hi,
I would like to know what percentage would the premiums hike the following year. Could you please tell me the hike amount? I have a 1 year old staffy with no major issues.

Hi Archana,

We have the following answer to your question:

Will my premium increase every year?
Yes, your premium will increase each year. Regardless of who you choose, insurance premiums will generally increase year on year. This is for two main reasons:

Reason #1: Just like humans, the older our pets get, the more likely they are to have health hiccups. Cats and dogs age faster than we do, which means that their likely veterinary treatment costs go up rapidly each year too. As a result, the cost of insuring your pet will also increase as they get older.

Reason #2: Advancements in Veterinary Treatments.
The overall cost of medical treatment for pets has increased in recent years due to the increased availability of medical treatments and technology-enabled services and ongoing demand for these services. The treatment options and advancements in technology are providing us with great opportunities to give our pets a great quality of life for longer.

While this is great news for the care of our pets, these treatments come at a significant cost. Year on year treatment costs increase, and this is factored into the cost of pet insurance.

Hope this Helps,

Thanks,

Benny

Archana

Thank you for the update. Would you be able to tell me the % of increase?

Hi Archana,

There isn't a set percentage increase as such, any changes in your premium will be based on your individual pet and details and we are unable to see what that will be upfront. However, at the end of your policy period (12 months), you will receive a renewal letter that will state what the new premium will be before your policy renews.

One of the increases that we do notice many people forget about (whether it is with us or from another provider) is when a large discount or promotion code was used, for the first year's premium. Please remember that an introductory discount is usually, to say thanks for choosing that provider and they hope it's a long term ongoing relationship in protecting your fur baby.

I hope this helps but please feel free to reach out to us directly at hello@petsy.com.au if you would like to discuss this in more detail or you would like more information.

Kazu
Kazuasked
Pet Insurance

My cat has pre-existing condition (bladder infection) but it hasn't happened more than 12 month. He has nothing problem about health now.
Can he take an insurance ? and also , Will its pre-existing be covered by insurance in the future? He is still 4years old.

Hi Kazu,

Thanks for getting in touch. To determine whether or not your cat's bladder infection condition will be covered under a pet insurance policy will be determined on whether the condition is temporary or chronic.

If it is temporary and has been resolved with treatment, it will be removed from your policy as an exclusion if your cat hasn’t shown signs of that condition for 18 months or more.

If the bladder infection requires ongoing care, is more prolonged in nature or is chronic, and your cat displays signs of this prior to the purchase of a pet insurance policy or its waiting period, it will not be coverable under a pet insurance policy.

To have a temporary pre-existing condition on your pet insurance policy reviewed, we can also provide a form for your vet to fill out to verify that your pet has been symptom-free of the condition for a minimum continuous period of 18 months. If this is approved, you will be able to claim for future bouts of bladder infection in future.

It's worth considering that your cat is still able to take out insurance and will still have cover for all the other conditions as listed out in the Product Disclosure Statement during your policy period.

I hope that helps to answer your question but please let me know if there is any additional information we can provide. If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please feel free to contact us on 1300 952 790 and we'll be more than happy to assist.

Terese Kerlin
Terese Kerlin asked
Pet Insurance

Hi I just joined up and just wanting to know when I will receive an email about all the info and I hadn't finished with direct debit fee. If you can contact me thanks. Terese Kerlin [Email Removed]

Maha
Mahaasked
Pet Insurance

What do you mean by consultation fees and why aren’t they covered?

Hi Maha,

Consultation fees refers to examinations performed by or under the examination of a vet in relation to covered conditions and treatments. Certain products such as the Vet Select and Vet Basic products will not cover consultation fees as they generally cover a higher percentage of your eligible costs up to applicable limits. However, the Puppy, Dog, Cat and Indoor Cat policies will cover up to $300 in consultation fees for eligible costs.

If you would like more information about our products, please send us a private message with your details and one of our team members can contact you.

Get an answer from our members and Petsy representatives

Petsy Pet Insurance