171 questions from our users

Jenna

Jennaasked

Plush Furniture

I am looking at purchasing 2 x 2.5 seater sofas and I don't want to purchase them if they are made in China. Are there any made in Australia?

Hi Jenna,

Thank you for your query. We have trusted suppliers in both China and Australia, our online or showroom team will be able to guide you through your choice and any concerns you have regarding manufacture.

Tone
Tone

Be carefull from my experience these reviews can not be right read them properly and you won't find many praising the quality of the furniture and if a bad review pops up it doesn't last on the first page for long very crafty at hinding bad reviews

KBM

KBMasked

Plush Furniture

Where are the couches made? (Country)

Roo

Originally Europe, but I think some are now manufactured in china. Pity!

Hi KBM,

Thank you so much for your query. Plush has been open for twenty years with the same five trusted suppliers. Three of our main manufacturers are located in China, and we also have two manufacturers located in Sydney.

Faye

Fayeasked

Plush Furniture

Is there anything available to deter cats from scratching/climbing onto furniture? I love your designs but am reluctant to upgrade until i can solve this problem

Hi Faye,

There is nothing we can recommend to deter the cat from scratching the sofa or wanting to try out the comfiest spot in the room. We would recommend you consider one of our tight weave fabrics such as Warwick Macrosoft. While the feline member of your family may still want to scratch it, the fine fibre and polyester composition will help to minimize the impact of any clawing. Macrosoft is also has inbuilt antistatic treatment which will make removing any fur or hair very easy. Our sofa specialists will be happy to show you our cover possibilities that will best suit your family.

Annika
Annika

The best thing in my experience is to keep a spray bottle of water handy and spray the cat with a fine mist if they start scratching. I only had to do it a couple of times, and after that I just had to pick up the bottle to deter the cat (without actually spraying it). Then before long she stopped scratching the couch altogether.

It also helps to have something else the cat CAN scratch that doesn't resemble the couch too closely.

Meg.c.casked

Hi,

So we are all set to make our purchase (expensive purchase) from plush but there are aoooooo many negative 1 star reviews about poor quality and customer service. But then they have 4.8 out of 10,000 over all.
Is this a good company? We saw the leather lounges in real life and they look beautiful, but should I look elsewhere?

Dicko
Dicko

I'm sorry Meg, I can only go by my experience. We bought a $13011.00 suite on a day where there was a big sale saving us $6616.00 in total. We bought the best leather available at our request, made changes to the standard item, purchased additional warranty and paid for delivery from Ballarat to Bacchus Marsh. We couldn't have been happier with the service we got. We only went in for a look and came out with a fairly big purchase.
Maybe not all stores are this good and maybe we had the best service available, but we got what we wanted and are happy with it. The people who rated their experience at one star have only their experience to go by. This one was my wife and my experience.

Thanks Dicko,
Glad it was good experience for you.

Roo

We loved in shop service and were happy with our first purchase. Latest purchase appears to be of an inferior quality and we have had several problems. After service is limited with 'normal wear and tear' covering many reasons they are unable or reluctant to cover faults with their 10 year warranty. Good luck.

Sudhir

Sudhirasked

Plush Furniture

hi i am confusd on choosing a couch .. its a big family room with full brick (red back drop) , flooring is white tiles .. can you please help?

Clarissa
Clarissa

If you can go into a Plush store Or email with pictures of your room and colours they have an abundance of swatches and sofas, my main issue was getting the best and most serviceable having dogs in the house so went for leather, I love the Zara, has deep seating and comfy!!

Steve Fraser
Steve Fraser

Definitely go to a store

Mel C.

I'd highly recommend reading all the one star reviews on this page prior to purchase. These lounges definitely are not the high quality anymore.

David

Davidasked

Delivery Service

I recieved msg from plush saying order is on its way 27th may last time i spoke to plush staff they said it should be scheduled for delivery in the next Couple of weeks i have left msges to call me back could as noone is maning the phones could someone call me let me know where our lounge is

Mary Sakris Beik

Mary Sakris Beikasked

Furniture Repair Service

Fit my couches call me 0431378870 they are getting cracks on the top only bought 1 year ago please do something ASAP

Deniseasked

Plush Furniture

We're having trouble getting an answer from Plush customer service to our complaint about our new sofa and I was wondering if they respond better after a complaint to the state consumer affairs people?
The sofa we've received doesn't look like it is pictured on the website.....the images are very misleading!! All they've said so far is that we got what we ordered which we did but it doesn't look the same as the website photos:-(

Mel C.

I thought Plush had the "love it or your money back guarantee"!? [Potentially Defamatory Content Removed].
Good luck with Plush customer service. They have no after sales service and they ignore any complaints with their product. I am speaking from personal experience. Read the one star reviews on this page and you will see that most people with issues have to take their issues to consumer affairs as Plush refuse to deal with any negative feedback on their products. Plush has began ignoring any one star reviews and negative questions on this page. Plush lounges have an expensive price tag yet the quality you receive is more like budget furniture and most lounges begin falling apart after twelve months. Good luck they are the absolute worst company to deal with!

Denise

I'm wishing we had read more of the 1 star reviews before purchasing!! I'll get writing my complaint to consumer affairs !

Mel C.

There are so many of us in the same position. A lot of reports going to consumer affairs! Good luck!! I hope you get a good result and get a lounge you are happy with.

Emily b.asked

Plush Furniture

Is there some sort of trick to getting in touch for the Plush Sheild protection? I have tried emailing, filling in a form online and calling (to which I was told they would email me then never did). Not sure what else to do but start a complaint because I literally can't get my claim looked at. For the money we paid for this we are very disappointed in the service.
Please let me know how we can have our claim looked at.

Mel C.

Plush after sales customer service is terrible when you have a warranty issue or Plush Shield protection issue. Read all the one star reviews on this page and you will see their customer service is dismal at best. Plush head office pretty much ignore all emails and online forms, I am speaking from personal experience. Go back to the showroom where you purchased they might be able to get into contact at someone at head office for you. Or keep calling everyday and don't let them push you off the phone like they usually do until you have a resolution. Good Luck!

Emily b.

I'd rather just save myself the time and call consumer affairs if they're not going to honour something I've paid for. I've got it in black and white the service I should be provided and the time lines I should expect.
Finally got them to email me and then they havent replied. I'll be letting them know tomorrow the next step is consumer affairs if they don't refund me or provide me with the service I have already paid for.
What a disgusting way to treat customers.

Mel C.asked

Plush Furniture

Just some questions on the Plush process for technician reports;
• Why are the technicians photos different to customer photos of the damage?
• Why do technicians not complete a full assessment of the lounge?
• Why did the technician say one thing in our home and then send a completely different thing in their written reports?
• Why has Plush edited the original report from the technician to now include photos?
• In my case why did the technician not review the inner composition of the couch and take off the covers to complete his inspection?
• Why does the technicians photos only show one cushion of the lounge? There are four cushions on the lounge, each with two covers. Why did the technician only inspect one cushion on the lounge and review inside one case? Additionally there are two sides to the cushion why did the technician only inspect one side of the cushion? On the basis of probability (4 cushions, each with two sides each, each with two covers) Why did the technician only inspect 6.25% (1/(4*2*2) = 6.25%) of the lounge? and 0% inspection of the issues raised in the warranty claim?
• How can a 6.25% inspection of the lounge constitute a through review of the lounge? Vs customer inspection which the warranty claim and photos are based on 100% review of the lounge.
• Plush customer care also advised me that they "refine and edit" technician reports. Why does Plush need to do this?

Chantelle

Sounds like the same quality of report i received for my sofa.
The technician said completely different things to me than what was written. The report was poor quality and contained lota of subjective comments.
It took Plush 2 months to get a technician out to even look at the lounge. Technician proceeded to have to slide under the lounge to find a tag (i would never even know was there) that outlines customer care for sofas and then write in a report i have not had it professionally cleaned to treat the stain. I thought thats what the Plush shield warranty was for, 'peace of mind'!

Mel C.

We aren't the only ones with false reports like this. There are many others in the same situation as us. This is why I have asked Plush this question both publically and privately as there are many many others in the same situation as us. Plush have repeatedly chosen ignore it though. Just like they have started to ignore every one star review on this page. Customer service is non existent at this company!

Emily b.

Is anyone else taking them to consumer affairs? Sounds like unlawful activity to me. Hopefully if enough people report them they will get shut down

JOey

JOeyasked

Plush Furniture

Do you guys deliver to tasmania

Hi Joey,
We can arrange delivery to Tasmania - please contact one of our Sofa Specialists in our Richmond or South Wharf showrooms, they will be able to assist you further with this.

Jo-anne T.

Jo-anne T.asked

Hi
I’m about to buy the estate sofas in 2 and 3 seaters anyone have these are they really comfy ? Also comments from those who have the estate Thankyou

Hi Jo-anne,

Great choice! Our Estate Sofa is a classic for comfort, with deep seating and foam for a really luxurious "sink-in" feel. If you would like more information, head into your local showroom or chat to a Sofa Specialist at plush.com.au today. Don't forget all of our Sofas come with a 10 Year Peace of Mind Warranty® and Love it or your money back guarantee!

Plush - Think Sofas

Rakesh R

Read the 1 star reviews first , u can find lots and lots of complaint even with their products which is not even 1 year old,before buying anything from plush read the negative reviews, their after sale care is shocking and 10 year warranty claim is a joke ,I am claiming this from my personal experience, they won’t honour their warranty.

Chantelle

Stay away from plush sofas. They have lovely people in the showrooms but once you have the lounge it will deteriorate quickly and you will get no customer support or service to fix it.
The plush shield warranty is false advertisement. Its not 10 years, its too the cost of your lounge and given the poor quality of the lounge you use this money very quickly.
They block you from posting and negative comments on their facebook page so looks like they get glowing feedback.
My worst purchase ever.

Jpoppu

Jpoppuasked

Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing the Archer 2.5 sofa bed (modular chaise), and was wondering if anyone else has purchased it. If you have, how it it holding up?

Hi Jpoppu,

Thanks for your question. The Archer is a good choice for versatility as the chaise can be moved from left to right. All our sofas are covered by our 10 Year Peace of Mind Warranty. Whilst our sofa beds are extremely comfortable we recommend that the bed be used for occasional (approx. 100 nights a year) use only.

Mel C.

10 year warranty does not exist. My lounge fell apart after six months and plush refuse to refund or fix the couch. Don’t buy!

Chantelle

Im with Mel, avoid Plush sofas. Ive had mine 6 months and it's such terrible quality.

Robert

Robertasked

VIC, Preston

Hi, do you stock electric recliners? of a very good quality?

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your question,

All our recliners are covered by our 10 Year Peace of Mind Warranty and we predominantly use the Leggett and Platt mechanism which is highly regarded in the furniture industry, some of the designs have a different mechanism where the Leggett and Platt won't fit. Our models can be either manual or electric, and you can also purchase rechargeable battery packs if electrical cords are going to be an issue. Our sales team both online and in the showrooms will be happy to talk you through your choices and make sure you get the perfect fit for you.

D J P

Before you buy from PLUSH read all of the complaints.....you have been warned. They DO NOT honor their warranties.

Rakesh R

I do agree with this comment take time and read the 1 star reviews ,all these reviews are about how plush tried to avoid the warranties in the name of normal wear and tear.,I bought the Lyly electric recliner ( $5000) in June 2019, hardly getting 1 year old now and suddenly one day I realise the recliner mechanism is hitting the base timber and not folding fully in. I applied warranty claim and a technician came last week and after inspection he said he will fix this issue and after trying something for 30 mins he said he cannot fix it as the recliner mechanism is faulty and he think someone might be jumped on the recliner( he thinks probably my kid jumped on it-18 months old kid 10 kilos) really ,I was surprised how the technician looking for excuses and really the technician wanna say the recliner is that fragile that Can’t handle weight of 10 kilos.Anyways he said he will send a report and I will receive a call from plush customer representative in 2 weeks and I am waiting for the reply and I am pretty sure they will come up with same dialogue NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR. Their 10 YEAR Peace of Mind warranty is a Joke(10 year warranty on leather, base timber ,recliner mechanism blah blah...). I do agree 5star when u go to the showroom they will feel you like a celebrity, but after sale forget it.Actually I was really shocked by reading these negative reviews , wish I have read it before spent my hard earned money for this crap.I think I have to go the same way others went in this Plush complaint Club - seek help from ACCC.Cant let them take my money so easily.I will update about the outcome and enter my review once I hear from them.
Rakesh Rajan
Claim no-128462

Joanne B

Joanne Basked

VIC, Highpoint

We are going to purchase 2 recliner chairs this week and would like to ask if Plush accept GE Creditline for payment. We already have this set up and don't want to set up a new institution. Thanks,

Hi Janne,

We may be able to help with a 6-month term on GE. If you are looking for longer, we have great options with Zip and Skye Finance. The Highpoint team will be happy to discuss this with you.

Bridgid Vanessa D.

Bridgid Vanessa D.asked

NSW, Prospect

Do you sell double beds, please?

Hi Bridgid,

We only sell sofa bed's sorry, these are available in a double bed size.

Regards

Omi

Omiasked

Hey there!

I went to plush showroom and really liked zephyr sofa. We are thinking of buying a 2.5 seater in tan leather and a 2 seater with one backrest, also in tan leather. I have a few questions and needed information before my purchase.
1) I read everywhere that plush provides 10 years warranty on all of plush furniture. Does this include cracks/tears from normal usage, due to sweat/body oils?
2) is it a full grain or top grain cowhide leather?
3) is the leather same on all of sofa or different on contact/non-contact areas?

I read really good reviews for plush furniture but also read a few bad reviews for plush leather, which is why I am being cautious. Could you please help me with the above questions?

Thanks!

Hi Omi,

Thanks for your great questions. We love the new Zephyr with that very clever back.

1) Our 10 Year Peace of Mind Warranty covers manufacturing faults and defects. We recommend regular cleaning and nourishing with our Plush Care products to keep your leather looking and feeling great. Damage to leather due to body oils or sweat is not covered by the warranty. You can find full details of the warranty on our website.

2) All our leather is 100% cowhide. Depending on the leather you choose it may be full grain or corrected grain.

3) Again depending on the leather you choose the sofa may be upholstered with full grain all over or top grain on compression areas and split leather on the backs and sides. Split leather is 100% cowhide that has a firmer finish and is not to be confused with bonded leather which is a polyurethane based product. Our sales team both online and in the showroom will be happy to guide you through your choice to ensure you get the best leather for your home environment.

Steve Sasked

Plush Furniture

Am thinking of buying the Softy Sofa from Plush ... any comments would be appreciated.

Mel C.

Do not buy from Plush. Filter for the one star reviews on this page and you will see why. You will notice many photos of what happens to the couches after less than twelve months. The quality is appalling and the after sales service is non existent. Purchase from a competitor is my advice! Good luck in your sofa hunt.

Steve S

Thank you for answering Mel. What a shame this has happened. An expensive item like this should last for years. Sorry to hear your issues. Kindest regards .. Steve

Chantelle

I had the same experience as Mel. Terrible company.

Joy W

Joy Wasked

Furniture Repair Service

I have a leather 3 seater lounge which is less than 10years old. The foam in the seats have sagged and the lounge is extremely uncomfortable to sit on to the point that we can no longer sit on it and instead sit on cane chairs. I have looked to see if the cushions can be removed for re-stuffing, but they are completely sealed. I am no longer happy with the lounge and would be reluctant to purchase or recommend plus furniture to anyone.
My question is - is this repairable

Plush Think SofasPlush Furniture

HI Joy W, we are sorry to read you are unhappy with your Plush sofa, in order for us to offer the right advice we need to be able to identify the sofa in question. Please can you send your contact details and showroom of purchase to contactus@plush.com.au

Warm regards

D J Pasked

Plush Furniture

Has anyone been able to contact plush customer care on their phones, very strange... They are answering the positive posts but not available for customer support. And certainly not responding to emails. Help please?

Chrystal
Chrystal

They are only open Monday to Friday during business hours. If you left a message, they will get back to you

HI DJP
We do apologise for the delays in answering your calls, we have been experiencing longer wait times due to the Covid19 situation and staffing levels. We endeavour to be fully operational in 5 business days. During this period we ask for your patience and understanding.

Warm Regards

Julie B.
Julie B.

I had no problems with contacting them via email. They responded within a couple of days.

Get an answer from our members and Plush Furniture representatives