Rawson Homes Questions & Answers

92 questions from our users

Mouris

Mourisasked

Rawson Homes

Hi this is Mouris Biterdawood. Director of PROSCAPE LANDSCAPES based in Sydney New South Wales. I'm just wondering what's the proccess of taking work projects from Rawson homes? Thank you.

Ph: 0451141176
Email: Mouris.b@hotmail.com

Shruthi S.asked

Hi,
I was in the process of getting a home and land package at Kellyville. The plan given to us during sales was quite different to the one we got at the tender presentation, it was much smaller. With this issue that cropped up right at the beginning, we decided to pull out of the deal. However, despite a lot chasing up, we haven't been refunded the $2000 deposit. No one is responding to my emails or texts either. Please assist.

Shruthi S.

Thank you, Rawson Homes, for promptly responding and addressing my concerns. Thank you

Umesh M.

Umesh M.asked

NSW, Leppington (HomeWorld)

After fix out completion how long it will take for practical completion? It is In Leppington emerald hills.

Harleen
Harleen

Hi Umesh,
For us it’s almost 3 months and might take another 1 to 2 months for handover.
It’s not at Leppington but we sign contract at leppington. House is actually at The Ponds.

Ume

Umeasked

NSW, Leppington (HomeWorld)

Want to know about Handover date ?

Raj

Rajasked

NSW, Kellyville (HomeWorld)

Hi its Raj here
I have got 357 m2 in Schofields. Trying to build double story with $270k to $310 k . Please suggest me.

Connie19

Connie19asked

Rawson Homes

Hi I’m finalising drawings with Rawson. My tender experied 26.6. We were not warned by Rawson that this will be a problem. We received first set of drawings on 30.4. And our first appointment was scheduled for 16.5. I would like to ask why I need to pay $5000 to extend my tender. Is this normal procedure ?why I need to extend it till October? We are close to finish all the drawings - we had 6 weeks only to finalise all our changes. Which I don’t think it’s enough time.

First home

First homeasked

NSW, Rhodes

How do I respond to Rawson in private message?

If I respond to their comments with typing my message, is it private message or visible to everyone?

Gutted

With a lawyer and a lot of money

6fann

6fannasked

Rawson Homes

I’m wanting to know if anyone has built with Rawson in Botany-Pagewood-Malabar-Matraville area & your experience

Nathan

Nathanasked

Rawson Homes

Does anyone know who Rawson use in NSW Hunter region for solar installation? Specifically the Powerwall?

Joel

Joelasked

Rawson Homes

Has anyone constructed the Ellerston home design with Rawson's and/or your experience with this company?

R MAI

R MAIasked

Rawson Homes

I am worry and scare. The service and speed of response is so poor. I paid the $1200 for tender request for Kingston 33 on 10 Feb 2019. So far no one contact me. Not too sure what is the next step. Just wait. I just wonder if I have made the right decision. It not too late for me to change direction. I really love the Kingston 33 and it has all my requirements. The cost is comparable to other home builder. Not too sure if Rawson can deliver what I am looking for. I need construction to start as soon as possible (Aug 2019). Should I cut my cost and get out?

Jessica

Jessicaasked

Rawson Homes

Hi, looking at doing quite a large build with Rawson in the North Parramatta area, Sydney. Would love to hear anyones experiences building with Rawson in this area! Its such a big decision and it would be much appreciated! Thanks

Don't!!!!!!

Mrs Foggy

Mrs Foggyasked

Rawson Homes

Hi, has anyone recently built with Rawson in Googong? How long did it take for construction to commence once plans had been given to Site Manager?

Gutted

Hi, pre construction took 6 months. Construction a further 12 months. Defects a further 13 months and counting. There are massive issues with the trades being used in the Canberra region. Googong falls under this. Add to that the site management is near non existent, you get an end product that reflects it. I'm sorry but I cannot recommend them at all. Forfeit your deposit!

CReed

This is very concerning to hear we started construction in October 2018 I agree that you cannot get a hold of the site manager no replies calls etc. Contacted the canberra office all week to escalate and still no call back

CReedasked

Rawson Homes

Has anyone built the Balmoral MK34? How long was the build? RH says 8-12mths we have started building 2 months ago really hoping to be complete this time next year

L C

L Casked

Rawson Homes

Is it typical for a standard build in the ACT to take 2 months past the end of contract date to finish?

Oakura

I am under heavy stress due to 3 months delay in completion. Site managers had been changed 3 times since 9 months construction. They have many excuses to cancel jobs at last minute such as the contractor had flu and death of the carpenter's family member. Also cancel site inspections at last minute due to site manager illness and his car broken down on the way...etc. The delay is due to their bad management and unrealistic design (eg. Window facing to backyard 1.7 meters above the floor in master bedroom)

JMc

That's what happens when you build with Rawson.

They have a lot of fake reviews on this site & give incentives for positive reviews, but people really need to pay attention to the negative stuff because that is the real side if the story.

Others (like yourself) need to actually rate them as opposed to posting (somewhat) meaningless questions.

Wait until you get to the warranty period & they start attempts at rectification (they actually start damaging your house more!).

Good luck with the rest of the build.

Disgusted

Try 16 months since the slab was laid, now we are looking at a further three to four months minimum to rectify sub standard workmanship!!!

Nicloe

Nicloeasked

Rawson Homes

My house is one and half years new in schofields, and the roof of the garage is leaking now and getting worse, I can't find the builder now, I think it still in warranty, who I should call, anyone can help me? thanks

Rawson H.Rawson Homes

Hi Nicloe,
Sorry to hear about your experience. Thank you for answering our direct message with your details, our warranty department will be in touch with you.
Kind regards

shome

shomeasked

Rawson Homes

Hi, is there anyone build Evoke 25/30 from Rawson, if yes, howz your experience? After seeing good and bad reviews in here, what are the key things we need to consider during the process of signing up with Rawson (i.e how to avoid pitfalls).

Oakura

Never go with Rawson Homes as they cannot fulfil their commitments. I am under heavy stress due to 3 months delay in construction and completion. They don't care you and ignore your needs once you have signed up with them. Skip Rawson Homes if you want to avoid pitfalls.

JMc

Simple - Rawson homes are dodgy!

Why would you even consider doing business with such an unethical/immoral company?

We thought that we had considered all of the pitfalls etc, but don't forget you are up against a company that specialise in this area. The regulators won't help when things go bad as they need dodgy companies like Rawson to build houses during periods of growth like we are currently experiencing.

I hope you find a better builder to do business with.

Pennie Lasked

Rawson Homes

How long has it take for everyone who built with Rawson from the time land registered to actually starting? We will be at 6 months before our file is even handed to the construction manager then it will just about be time for them to stand down for Christmas etc. I'm getting really frustrated. We were told when we first signed up we would be in by Feb, then it extended to May, even though our land registered early, now it looks more like September. It took just under three months with our last build with Eden Brae and we already see 11 houses going up in our release of the estate. Just need to know if this is normal for Rawson??

JMc

It was around 12 months for us & plenty of deliberate delays from Rawson.

Pennie L

Update, after 11 months we finally have a construction manager. The contact clause 18 states construction should start with 20 working days of all documentation, that was yesterday. We had first contact from construction manager today. Wish we never signed with Rawson

JMc

I wish you all the best Pennie L as from our experience things only get worse.

Please come back & give a genuine rating once you have completed construction or gone through the (destructive) warranty period.

I would say see a lawyer now, but Rawson also know that will end up costing you a fortune.

eric

ericasked

Rawson Homes

Could anyone tell me normally how much will cost (approx.) for the site cost by Rawson Homes, the block is 10 x 32 and it is in Schofields, Altrove?

Leigh T
Leigh T

Run for the Hills Eric - forget any quoted price and prepare to spend the next two years consoling your crying partner who can't sleep at night because the quality of your dream home is so disgusting you can't even sell it on because it doesn't meet standards! Find another builder.

No Lucky

Absolutely agree with Leigh T. I regret going with Rawson for my new home. Rawson cannot be trusted. I paid $62,000 for the site costs on my almost flat land (15m x 28m). They put many styroform boxes to fill up underneath the concrete slab.

No Luckyasked

Rawson Homes

The construction has already come to a complete standstill for over 2 months now due to the inappropriate window at 1.7 meters above the floor of the master bedroom designed by Rawson. The construction is still in a complete standstill due to the carpenter has a death of his family. Last time the carpenter had a flu for 2 weeks and no work at all. My question is how come there is only one carpenter working? Surely if one person cannot work, the other can, unless there is only one carpenter working for the construction manager ?

Rawson H.Rawson Homes

Hi, from our understanding we have provided the rear window to the bedroom as per the plans and elevations. As the owner of the property was not happy with the height of the window, we agreed to change the window at no cost to the owner, as a gesture of goodwill. We could not continue with the house as the scaffold needed to be left up for the window and brickwork modifications. This scaffold went through the lower roof which then made it impossible to complete the lower roofs. We couldn't do anything until the new window arrived. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact your site supervisor.

Kind regards,

No Lucky

Would people who are not taller than 2 meters be happy with the rear window at 1.7 meters above the floor in the master bedroom?

None of my family members, relatives and friends is happy with the rear window at 1.7 meters above the floor in the master bedroom designed by Rawson. I am not told how high each window above the floor on my contract. The rare window at 1.7 meters above the floor is due to the structure of alfresco roof attached to the master bedroom wall. I cannot open the rear window without a chair and cannot see out the window to the backyard Therefore Rawson has to change the window at no cost to owner. Raswon should rectify this appropriate window to avoid the construction delay in the future otherwise NOT recommend people to choose the Huntley 31 plan with Rawson.

JMc

Rawson use "gesture of goodwill" so often when they attemp to rectify dodgy work.

Get an answer from our members and Rawson Homes representatives