Rawson Homes Questions & Answers

99 questions from our users

Ben

Benasked

Rawson Homes

Cracks are everywhere on the slab, Is that OK.

Bony Malik

Bony Malikasked

hi There
i lost the papers for the home build by Rawson back in 2016-2017, can you please tell me how to get the duplicate papers for builder warranty and handover.

thanks.

Rawson H.Rawson Homes

Hi Bony, Can you please message us with your contact details and address so we can get in touch?

Donna

Donnaasked

Rawson Homes

We have been quite happy with our new home from Rawson that was handed over in late 2017 but now that we have a major issue occurring they have no interest ?? The entire back half of our home has the floor shifting so badly there are dips and holes , it is incredibly noisy and bounces around when walked on. The bathroom shower has dipped so badly the shower no longer drains at all and you have to manually sweep it into the drain. I put in a warranty claim and I have just heard that this is all not covered???? Clearly its a structural issue and who knows how bad it is going to get ? I cannot believe they say its not their fault ,

They built the house and proudly state : Rawson Homes provides a 6 year structural guarantee.
A structural guarantee is a necessity of any building company with merit. This guarantee is your peace of mind if anything should occur to the structural integrity of your home. The company and its insuring body will honour this guarantee in the event that the structural member or members are found to be faulty.

Surely a house built less than 3 years ago should not be falling down already ????

Rawson H.Rawson Homes

Hi Donna, Thanks for letting us know. We're disappointed to hear that you haven't had the best experience. Please email us at customercare@rawson.com.au with your concerns and we will be in touch. Kind regards, Rawson Homes

xiaoyu H.

xiaoyu H.asked

Rawson Homes

I would like to know how many years normally warranty Rawson Homes bathroom waterproofing is ,thanks.

Raj

Rajasked

Hi,
I am thinking of building my first home with Rawson Homes. I love the new design of Corrima 36. However, the review of the Rawson Homes is terrible in the number of cases.
I haven't seen any comments from disappointed customers that the issues have been resolved yet. I am in dilemma, should I choose this builder or not?
I know there are some satisfying reviews as well but who knows I might be another victim in the future.

Can anyone from Rawson Homes assure me, that I can trust you?
I wouldn't have asked this question if I haven't seen Corrima 36. I could have simply chosen another builder.
Thank you.

Rawson H.Rawson Homes

Hi Raj, Thanks so much for your enquiry. Can you please message us your best contact details so we can get a representative ring you to discuss your concerns?

Di Hasked

Hi I built with you and handover was sept 2017
How long is warranty and builder defects. The rain this weekend has exposed some issues. I dont want to give a bad review on here yet as hopefully you will be replying and following up Monday Morning. Please could you PM me or get someone to call

Rawson H.Rawson Homes

Hi Di H, We are dissapointed that you have had this experience. May we request for your job number and location via pricate message?

Di H

how do i Private message?

Rawson H.Rawson Homes

Hi Di, I have sent you a private message which you can respond to.

alexasked

Rawson Homes

Hi Rawson homes, I love your work and home but have some issues with a new house that I’m building with Rawson in box hill NSW. I don’t want to go public and ruin everyone hard work. I have few questions/issues to raise with Rawson . Can some help me out

Rawson H.Rawson Homes

Hi Alex, Thanks for letting us know about your recent experience with Rawson Homes.
We take feedback like this very seriously and are sorry to hear of your concerns. Can you please private message us with your build number, location and best contact information so we can get in touch?
Kind regards

thanks, How do I submit a private message

L BZ

L BZasked

Rawson Homes

With these reviews, am scared of building a home. What can make someone trust?

Shruthi S.asked

Hi,
I was in the process of getting a home and land package at Kellyville. The plan given to us during sales was quite different to the one we got at the tender presentation, it was much smaller. With this issue that cropped up right at the beginning, we decided to pull out of the deal. However, despite a lot chasing up, we haven't been refunded the $2000 deposit. No one is responding to my emails or texts either. Please assist.

Shruthi S.

Thank you, Rawson Homes, for promptly responding and addressing my concerns. Thank you

Umesh M.

Umesh M.asked

NSW, Leppington (HomeWorld)

After fix out completion how long it will take for practical completion? It is In Leppington emerald hills.

Harleen
Harleen

Hi Umesh,
For us it’s almost 3 months and might take another 1 to 2 months for handover.
It’s not at Leppington but we sign contract at leppington. House is actually at The Ponds.

Ume

Umeasked

NSW, Leppington (HomeWorld)

Want to know about Handover date ?

Raj

Rajasked

NSW, Kellyville (HomeWorld)

Hi its Raj here
I have got 357 m2 in Schofields. Trying to build double story with $270k to $310 k . Please suggest me.

Connie19

Connie19asked

Rawson Homes

Hi I’m finalising drawings with Rawson. My tender experied 26.6. We were not warned by Rawson that this will be a problem. We received first set of drawings on 30.4. And our first appointment was scheduled for 16.5. I would like to ask why I need to pay $5000 to extend my tender. Is this normal procedure ?why I need to extend it till October? We are close to finish all the drawings - we had 6 weeks only to finalise all our changes. Which I don’t think it’s enough time.

First home

First homeasked

NSW, Rhodes

How do I respond to Rawson in private message?

If I respond to their comments with typing my message, is it private message or visible to everyone?

Gutted

With a lawyer and a lot of money

6fannasked

Rawson Homes

I’m wanting to know if anyone has built with Rawson in Botany-Pagewood-Malabar-Matraville area & your experience

Di H

I built in Maroubra with them. It was stressful and behind schedule but i love my house and think you might have that with most companies. Happy for you to come see it. However 2 years on this weekend with rain i have a lot of leaks so will be intetrested to see how they respond.

6fann

Thanks for your info & offer. Am definitely interested to have a look some time & what response is regarding leaks. Keep me posted

Nathan

Nathanasked

Rawson Homes

Does anyone know who Rawson use in NSW Hunter region for solar installation? Specifically the Powerwall?

Joel

Joelasked

Rawson Homes

Has anyone constructed the Ellerston home design with Rawson's and/or your experience with this company?

R MAI

R MAIasked

Rawson Homes

I am worry and scare. The service and speed of response is so poor. I paid the $1200 for tender request for Kingston 33 on 10 Feb 2019. So far no one contact me. Not too sure what is the next step. Just wait. I just wonder if I have made the right decision. It not too late for me to change direction. I really love the Kingston 33 and it has all my requirements. The cost is comparable to other home builder. Not too sure if Rawson can deliver what I am looking for. I need construction to start as soon as possible (Aug 2019). Should I cut my cost and get out?

Jessica

Jessicaasked

Rawson Homes

Hi, looking at doing quite a large build with Rawson in the North Parramatta area, Sydney. Would love to hear anyones experiences building with Rawson in this area! Its such a big decision and it would be much appreciated! Thanks

Disgusted
Disgusted

Don't!!!!!!

Mrs Foggy

Mrs Foggyasked

Rawson Homes

Hi, has anyone recently built with Rawson in Googong? How long did it take for construction to commence once plans had been given to Site Manager?

Gutted

Hi, pre construction took 6 months. Construction a further 12 months. Defects a further 13 months and counting. There are massive issues with the trades being used in the Canberra region. Googong falls under this. Add to that the site management is near non existent, you get an end product that reflects it. I'm sorry but I cannot recommend them at all. Forfeit your deposit!

CReed
CReed

This is very concerning to hear we started construction in October 2018 I agree that you cannot get a hold of the site manager no replies calls etc. Contacted the canberra office all week to escalate and still no call back

Get an answer from our members and Rawson Homes representatives