Rawson Homes

Rawson Homes Questions & Answers

ACT and NSW

85 questions from our users

I’m wanting to know if anyone has built with Rawson in Botany-Pagewood-Malabar-Matraville area & your experience

Does anyone know who Rawson use in NSW Hunter region for solar installation? Specifically the Powerwall?

Has anyone constructed the Ellerston home design with Rawson's and/or your experience with this company? Thanks

Hi, looking at doing quite a large build with Rawson in the North Parramatta area, Sydney. Would love to hear anyones experiences building with Rawson in this area! Its such a big decision and it would be much appreciated! Thanks
Don't!!!!!!

Hi, has anyone recently built with Rawson in Googong? How long did it take for construction to commence once plans had been given to Site Manager?
Hi, pre construction took 6 months. Construction a further 12 months. Defects a further 13 months and counting. There are massive issues with the trades being used in the Canberra region. Googong falls under this. Add to that the site management is near non existent, you get an end product that reflects it. I'm sorry but I cannot recommend them at all. Forfeit your deposit!This is very concerning to hear we started construction in October 2018 I agree that you cannot get a hold of the site manager no replies calls etc. Contacted the canberra office all week to escalate and still no call back

Has anyone built the Balmoral MK34? How long was the build? RH says 8-12mths we have started building 2 months ago really hoping to be complete this time next year

Is it typical for a standard build in the ACT to take 2 months past the end of contract date to finish?
I am under heavy stress due to 3 months delay in completion. Site managers had been changed 3 times since 9 months construction. They have many excuses to cancel jobs at last minute such as the contractor had flu and death of the carpenter's family member. Also cancel site inspections at last minute due to site manager illness and his car broken down on the way...etc. The delay is due to their bad management and unrealistic design (eg. Window facing to backyard 1.7 meters above the floor in master bedroom)That's what happens when you build with Rawson. They have a lot of fake reviews on this site & give incentives for positive reviews, but people really need to pay attention to the negative stuff because that is the real side if the story. Others (like yourself) need to actually rate them as opposed to posting (somewhat) meaningless questions. Wait until you get to the warranty period & they start attempts at rectification (they actually start damaging your house more!). Good luck with the rest of the build.Try 16 months since the slab was laid, now we are looking at a further three to four months minimum to rectify sub standard workmanship!!!

My house is one and half years new in schofields, and the roof of the garage is leaking now and getting worse, I can't find the builder now, I think it still in warranty, who I should call, anyone can help me? thanks
Hi Nicloe, Sorry to hear about your experience. Thank you for answering our direct message with your details, our warranty department will be in touch with you. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Hi, is there anyone build Evoke 25/30 from Rawson, if yes, howz your experience? After seeing good and bad reviews in here, what are the key things we need to consider during the process of signing up with Rawson (i.e how to avoid pitfalls).
Never go with Rawson Homes as they cannot fulfil their commitments. I am under heavy stress due to 3 months delay in construction and completion. They don't care you and ignore your needs once you have signed up with them. Skip Rawson Homes if you want to avoid pitfalls.Simple - Rawson homes are dodgy! Why would you even consider doing business with such an unethical/immoral company? We thought that we had considered all of the pitfalls etc, but don't forget you are up against a company that specialise in this area. The regulators won't help when things go bad as they need dodgy companies like Rawson to build houses during periods of growth like we are currently experiencing. I hope you find a better builder to do business with.

How long has it take for everyone who built with Rawson from the time land registered to actually starting? We will be at 6 months before our file is even handed to the construction manager then it will just about be time for them to stand down for Christmas etc. I'm getting really frustrated. We were told when we first signed up we would be in by Feb, then it extended to May, even though our land registered early, now it looks more like September. It took just under three months with our last build with Eden Brae and we already see 11 houses going up in our release of the estate. Just need to know if this is normal for Rawson??
It was around 12 months for us & plenty of deliberate delays from Rawson.Update, after 11 months we finally have a construction manager. The contact clause 18 states construction should start with 20 working days of all documentation, that was yesterday. We had first contact from construction manager today. Wish we never signed with RawsonI wish you all the best Pennie L as from our experience things only get worse. Please come back & give a genuine rating once you have completed construction or gone through the (destructive) warranty period. I would say see a lawyer now, but Rawson also know that will end up costing you a fortune.

Could anyone tell me normally how much will cost (approx.) for the site cost by Rawson Homes, the block is 10 x 32 and it is in Schofields, Altrove?
Run for the Hills Eric - forget any quoted price and prepare to spend the next two years consoling your crying partner who can't sleep at night because the quality of your dream home is so disgusting you can't even sell it on because it doesn't meet standards! Find another builder.Absolutely agree with Leigh T. I regret going with Rawson for my new home. Rawson cannot be trusted. I paid $62,000 for the site costs on my almost flat land (15m x 28m). They put many styroform boxes to fill up underneath the concrete slab.

The construction has already come to a complete standstill for over 2 months now due to the inappropriate window at 1.7 meters above the floor of the master bedroom designed by Rawson. The construction is still in a complete standstill due to the carpenter has a death of his family. Last time the carpenter had a flu for 2 weeks and no work at all. My question is how come there is only one carpenter working? Surely if one person cannot work, the other can, unless there is only one carpenter working for the construction manager ?
Hi, from our understanding we have provided the rear window to the bedroom as per the plans and elevations. As the owner of the property was not happy with the height of the window, we agreed to change the window at no cost to the owner, as a gesture of goodwill. We could not continue with the house as the scaffold needed to be left up for the window and brickwork modifications. This scaffold went through the lower roof which then made it impossible to complete the lower roofs. We couldn't do anything until the new window arrived. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact your site supervisor. Kind regards, Rawson HomesWould people who are not taller than 2 meters be happy with the rear window at 1.7 meters above the floor in the master bedroom? None of my family members, relatives and friends is happy with the rear window at 1.7 meters above the floor in the master bedroom designed by Rawson. I am not told how high each window above the floor on my contract. The rare window at 1.7 meters above the floor is due to the structure of alfresco roof attached to the master bedroom wall. I cannot open the rear window without a chair and cannot see out the window to the backyard Therefore Rawson has to change the window at no cost to owner. Raswon should rectify this appropriate window to avoid the construction delay in the future otherwise NOT recommend people to choose the Huntley 31 plan with Rawson.Rawson use "gesture of goodwill" so often when they attemp to rectify dodgy work.

Dear Rawson, The construction has already come to a complete standstill 2 months now, even the tile roof has not been finished at the back dwelling. You ask me to private message the page with my job details, how to send you a private message? Thanks
Hi, please email feedback@rawson.com.au with your job details. Kind regards, Rawson Homes

Does it make sense that the construction has to come to a standstill for over one month while the scaffolding is up because of waiting for the inappropriate windows to be replaced?
If I understand your situation correctly,rawson are replacing windows that you are not happy with after you have signed off your final plans, during your final selection meeting rawson explains the windows on your plans as well as providing you with a sheet that explains the codes of the windows on your plans (every window on the plans has this) ie. ASD2146...this is a sliding door that is 2.1m high and 4.6 wide so by signing off your plans you have accepted your window sizes, if rawson have agreed to change them they have gone out of their way. The reason for the delays can vary, as you have changed windows your plans need to be reviewed and re-certified , windows also affects your ERR rating and also needs to be reviewed. While waiting for new windows the scaffolding can’t come down and many trades can’t work till they have come down or till the windows have been replaced, think gyprock, Carpenter needs to do architraves and so on. Rawson would have provided you a schedule with high level completion dates for the jobs, you can see if you are still within the set schedule for completion date, if it were me I would be cutting rawson some slack and let them get on with it and focus on quality rather than timings.Hi No Lucky, to be able to answer this question we will need you to provide further information. Can you please private message the page with your job details? Kind regards, Rawson HomesHi Matt, Thanks for your better explanation why the construction comes to a standstill. Both timing and quality are very important to me. Where in the signed constitution plans does it state how high each window was above the floor? I was told each window size but never been told how high each window was above the floor. Anyway, I thanks Rawson will solve their inappropriate window 1.7 meters above the floor of the master bedroom which is unacceptable height.

We have just had our DA appoved at council. Just wondering if anyone can answer the approximate build timenonce this is done please? Cheers Mac
Hi Leah, thanks for your enquiry. It’s best to talk to your pre-construction administrator as they will be able to give you an accurate prediction based on your finance and specific circumstances. As a general indication, it would be about 4-6 weeks before you’re ready to be released to site. Kind regards, Rawson HomesFor two weeks, nothing done in my house. Just one washing machine moved from sitting area to Laundry. I was checking every day on the way home from work about the progress..You will probably have several birthdays before you get handover. Just talking from experience!!!

I very regret to go with Rawson Homes for my new home. Their staff never told me the plan Huntley 31 I like is not suitable on my land (15 meters frontage of 469 square meters). The internal area is much smaller than I expected. It has totally wasted my land with wide frontage. My new home is still under construction and expected to be completed in November 2018. The big awning window of the small study room opens nearly on the floor (it will be replaced after my request). There is only one window in master bedroom and it is as same as the en-suite bathroom window. I cannot open and see through the window without a chair since the window is higher than my height. Does it make sense that bedroom window installed from the floor is 1.7 meters? I ask for lowing the window...very frustrated. I am now not interested in moving to my new home...
Hi Lucky, thanks for getting in touch with us. The Huntley 31 fits a 12.5metre wide frontage so your block of land should be suitable for the design. As you are due to be completed in November, it may be hard to get an accurate idea of size until all the internal walls have been completed. The window location may be due to council requirements. Please provide more information via personal message so that we can assist you with your other concerns. Kind regards, Rawson HomesThanks for your response. Huntley 31 has only 188 square meters as internal area and I still have room of 45.7 square meters to build a granny flat as per Bayside Council emailed me. This means Huntley 31 does not fully utilise my land. No wondering all bedrooms, lounge, kitchen, bathrooms and rumpus are smaller than I expect. My land frontage is 15 meter wide. My new home has 1.5 meters wide left aside on one side and 3 meters left aside at the garage side. I will have to spend extra money to build a carport next to the garage to balance my house on my land. Two big rain water tanks located just behind the garage wall causes difficulty to build a granny flat behind the garage. I had a meeting with the site manager this morning on 27/6/2018. He did not give me a positive response to lower the window in upstairs en-suite. He told me to get a chair to open the window (ridiculous solution!) This window is facing to the backyard (i.e. nothing to do with privacy requirements). I feel like I live in the prison room that I cannot see through the window to my backyard. Why can other brand new houses in my area (one block away from my land) under the same Bayside Council have big sliding windows facing to their backyard? Why am I forced to use all awning windows for my new home? Does it make sense a chair is required to open the window 1.7 meters above the floor in the bedroom? Rawson Homes should lower the window in the bedroom at the back of the house or change it bigger that I can see out my backyard without a chair. Huntely 31 obviously has a inappropriate design for windows!! No people would accept the window at 1.7 meters above the floor in the bedroom at the back of the house. By the way, I paid $62,000 for the site costs but it seems to be over charged for the slab of Styroform boxes. I am very disappointed and very unhappy with my new home built below the street level. It could have built the same street level or a step higher than the street.

Hello to the people who are building or have built with Rawson Homes in the Southern Highlands region. We have a block of land at Mittagong NSW and we are currently evaluating the suite of project builders in the area. The questions are: 1. Has anyone out there in the Southern Highlands built with Rawson and what have you experienced? 2. If you have built with Rawson in this area, have you made modifications to the standard Rawson plan? Of course any other info, intel or insights are always appreciated. It's such a huge step so I thank you in advance for your time and effort in responding! kind regards
Never go with Rawson Homes again. I am very very regret to go with Rawson Homes for my new home.I chose the wrong builderI'm not sure if you found the answer you were looking for, but the quality produced by this company is a complete disgrace and in many areas does not meet industry standard. You will be waiting years for results, be fed lies by the entire company, have multiple supervisors abandon your site, and then be intimidated into making payments when work has not been completed or professionally finished. Industry professionals come to our house just to get their daily giggles. Happy to show you through if it helps you find another builder!

Please contact Dominic Rego [contact detail removed] New build at 34 Victoria St Malabar NSW 2 storey 4 bedroom rear lane double garage and granny flat. Scope: Knock down existing fibro house and new build DA approved plans by architect Looking for a reliable competitive builder Modern design with lightweight building materials Aim to start building end of 2018 Please let me know if this fits your scope ? [email address removed]
Hi Dominic, Thanks for your enquiry, we have a shop front in Sylvannia that you can visit, our sales consultant Claire will be able to help you with your enquiry. Alternatively you can call 02 8522 7100 or 1300 223 345 and someone will get back to you.

For Rawson, Can anyone tell me please when does the 43 weeks building period actually start ? The contract is confusing as building works commencement date is not clear ... Does it start from surveyor peg out or it actually starts when the fence was put up and excavator started levelling the block (which happened two weeks before surveyor peg out)?

Get an answer from our members and Rawson Homes representatives