2Redilight

Redilight Questions & Answers

Verifiedredilight.com.au
Debra Kelly
Debra Kelly

Our nighttime light on our Redilite isn't working. Would that just be the globe not working? Thank you

Redilight   DM

Hi Debra. The Redilight doesn't have a globe to be replaced. Please contact our office on 1300 55 99 86 to discuss. Thanks.

Harry Wetherall
Harry Wetherall

Can a 75 w solar panel power 1 24w and 1 48w light?

Redilight   DM

Hi Harry. Yes it can. However, we would recommend using the 150 watt solar panel for 72 watts worth of light, this way you will getter better light performance in low sunlight conditions. Alternatively, we can reduce the wattage on the 48 watt light down to 36 watts, meaning you will only be using 60 watts on a 75 watt panel. Both will work. Hope that helps?

Lou

We are moving into a unit that has some Illume solar lights.
1. We will be installing additional solar lights and would like to use Redilight. Can we use your solar panels to run both Redilight and Illume lights or will we need to retain the Illume panel?
2. Can plants grow with mainly solar lighting?
Thanks. Louise

Redilight   DM

Hi Louise. Thanks for the question. Unfortunately you can't integrate our system with Illume. Redilight is classed as a 24 volt system whereas Illume is a 12 volt system. You would need to install a Redilight solar panel with Redilight lights and keep the Illume system seperate, this way you can also keep the Redilight industry leading warranties.
As for plants growing under LED lighting, there has been a number of studies conducted that support this, a simple Google search can help you decide. For reference, our LEDs are either 3000k or 5000k Colour temperatures.
If you require more help or a quote, please email us on info@redilight.com
Thank you.

Lou

Thanks for your reply. I found this article which may be helpful for others with the same question.

The Redilight company data sheets states that their lights are 5000kelvin which according to the above article is suitable for leaf growth.

Hi wanting to add lighting to my enclosed 80 m2 22 degree pitched Veranda
1/ what area in m2 would 1 redilight cover
2/ I have solar can it be wired into a existing solar panel
3/can unit be wired for night use

Redilight   DM

Hi Fran. Thanks for your questions. 1. Our largest 48 Watt Redilights are suitable for an area of around 20-25sqm.
2. Unfortunately you can't use your residential solar system as they are different voltages.
3. Yes, we have a Day/Night Option available.

Could you please email us on info@redilight.com so we can provide more information and a quote. Thanks

Fran

Hi thanks for your response
Veranda is L shaped 22 degree pitch approx 21 l/ m long and 3.8 m wide
fully enclosed, l would like to think 3 x 1.2 x300 redilight will do what are your thoughts

Redilight   DM

Hi Fran, Could you please provide me with your email so I can arrange a quote. My email is info@redilight.com . I can then provide you with full pricing and more product information. Thanks.

Geoff
Geoff

Have redilight installed but they stopped working all of a sudden. Is this normal or should I contact the installation manager

Redilight   DM

Hi Geoff. That does sound odd for them all to go out. The first point of contact should be your installer. If you installed them yourself, please call us on 1300 55 99 86. Thanks

Soler sky light I want 2 one 400 And one 600

Price on Soler skylight 400by400And 600 by600 do have one quote

Redilight   DM

Hi Dianne. Thanks for your question here. Could you please provide me with your email as we don't supply quotes on this platform. If you want to keep your email private, you can email me directly - info@redilight.com and attention to Joel. Thanks

Glenn
Glenn

Can these be installed downstairs of two storey home, if so how is it done usually

Redilight   DM

Hi Glenn. Yes this can be done as long as you can get a cable from the solar panel on the roof to where the light needs to be installed.
I suggest contacting one of our distributors. You can fine your closest one on here external link
Alternatively, if you know a local electrician or handyman, they should be able to help.

Michael D
Michael D

Hi wondering about placement of solar panels... idea is to make kitchen (on westerns side of house) brighter in the morning. Presume eastern roof slope will be best to mount panel? Does that mean light will fade as sun slips to the west?

Redilight   DM

Hi Michael. The best position for the solar in Australia is on the northern facing roof. If you place it on the eastern roof, the light will be slightly less in the afternoon and the opposite if you install the solar panel on the western roof. Hope that helps.

Angela
Angela

I have a small windowless toilet downstairs and ensuite upstairs both South facing. Can I install skylights in both running off one solar panel or do I need two? I want a dual switch in the toilet to use power at night. Also do I have to position the solar panel on the North facing side of the roof?

r012245
r012245

Yes, you can run two lights from on panel. North is the best position, but you can place it on the western side.
I spoke to Mark Hawley from Redilight and he was very helpful.

Redilight   DM

Hi Angela. Yes, you can run 2 lights off the one solar panel (north facing will get optimum performamce) and we can use 1 x day/night kit to power both of these lights. Your electrician will just need to wire the switching. We can help with wiring diagrams if needed. Thanks

sheryl

hi. just wondering if anyone could help me. i live in melbourne and just wondering where i can buy this redilight skylight alternative please and can i do it diy to install or does need a certified electrician?thank you

Redilight   DM

Hi Sheryl. What part of Melbourne do you live in? We have a number of distributors in Melbourne. Alternatively you can purchase the product on our online shop and install it yourself or use a local handyman / electrician if you wish. The product doesn't require an electrician unless you are installing the Day/Night kit. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

sheryl

hi..i live in the western suburbs..what is the website please. cheers

Redilight   DM

Hi Sheryl. We Have Moorabool Skylights in Geelong (Ph: 03 5229 6187) or any of the Hire A Hubby Franchises (Ph: 1800 803 339). Or contact us on 1300 214 981 if you need any help. Thanks

Angry CS

HI, can I have the contact for the dealer in Gold Coast please ? we would like some prices for supply and install for 2 areas. Thanks.

Maggie3029
Maggie3029

1300 559 986

Hi. What area are you in? And I will send you the installers details. Thanks

IN upper coomera

We have 2 options in that area. Allan - Live Lighting Solutions - 0420 389 710
Aaron - HOMEFIVE-O - 0450 502 997
Both will be happy to assist you with your requirements.
Thanks.

Carahq
Carahq

Is there a dealer in Canberra?

Redilight   DM

Hi, Yes, you can contact the following company.

Skyvac Skylights

P: 02 4871 3800

E: info@skyvac.com.au

Alternatively you can contact our head office on 1300 55 99 86

Kerry H
Kerry H

Will they work off solar panels already installed on the roof??

Redilight   DM

Hi Kerry. Unfortunately our REDi-lite system is a system that operates on it's own and can't be integrated into your current solar system.

Ian D
Ian D

Can you provide more information about the day/night kit. Does this mean that you can switch the lights on at night? Also - can you switch them off during the day if you want some darkness.

Redilight   DM

Hi Ian. Thanks for your question. Yes, the day/night kit is a power supply that is a manual changeover switch from the day (solar) feed to the night (AC) feed, which allows you to use the same light fittings for night time use. Yes you can switch these lights off whenever you want on this kit.

Regards - Joel

Freddy

Hi Can i use your driver between My solar panel 40 W and 2 of 12 v led light .15 w each .How much $ driver and where I get it ?.thanks

Redilight   DM

Hi Freddy. Thanks for your question. Unfortunately we don't sell our drivers seperately. REDi-lite is sold as a complete kit only.

Srinivas
Srinivas

Hi

I was exploring the tube less skylight options for my house. We live in Chicago, USA. I searched all over the google to find dealers for your 24 watt Surface Oyster Light model. could you please suggest how can i get it this to my home in chicago, i can reached @ 001-6303472251 or a630372@yahoo.com

Best Regards

Srini

Redilight   DM

Hi Srini. Thanks for your enquiry.

I will email you directly.

Gunster
Gunster

Would you please send me a brochure on Redilite tubeless solar light for a living room? Please supply prices and installers in this area - Port Macquarie. I have looked at other brands eg illume 350 mm, but your reviews are better. My address is Unit 4, No 92 Greenmeadows Drive, Port Macquarie. NSW 2444 and my email is ; kamcgunn@gmail.com Thanks.

Redilight   DM

Hi, Thanks for your question and interest in REDi-lite.

I will send you a direct email this evening with a few questions and then I can send you a price.

Thanks again.

Hi

What warranty does your product have please?

Redilight   DM

Hi Leonie. Thanks for making contact. Our REDi-lite SkyFixtures (LEDs) have a 7yr warranty, the light driver, which is manufactured in Brisbane has a 5yr warranty and the solar panel has a 20yr performance guarantee.

You can find all of our warranty details on our website external link  or give us a call if needed. Thanks.

Brad Don Geary
Brad Don Geary

Where can I find prices?

Redilight   DM

Hi Brad, Thanks for the question. What suburb do you live in? Can you please send me your phone number and email address?

Joel - REDi-lite

Lyn Wallace
Lyn Wallace

Hi

I purchased mine from NSW. Email David Boland david@ketch.com.au. Takes a couple of days to arrive in Melbourne. My builder installed them - very easy and gives magnificent light. I have 4 lights - kitchen, meals area, lounge and hallway.

Regards

Lyn

Get an answer from our members and Redilight representatives