2Richtek

Richtek Questions & Answers

tln58yd7
tln58yd7

Is Richtek CUSTOMER SERVICE +1 (805)-3O8 OO4O Richtek PHONE NUMBER +1 (805)-3O8 OO4O ??

clare v.
clare v.

When will I receive a refund for $328:95 for services not rendered? This was paid 27/04/2022.
I have documentation supporting my claim for non compliance. This matter is now lodged with ACCC.
Clare Van Velzen-McGregor

grant beattie
grant beattie

You have to take bank or legal/CAT action. They will not refund. Found out the hard way. Still waiting for my refund from October.

W Smeets

Does anyone know of any action currently against Richtek??? It seems they are laughing at the system and getting away with it. I have an ongoing problem also with them.

Will

KAM
KAM

Not that I know of but hope someone can do something as they certainly like to handle the truth carlessly.

Nat

I am going to Consumer Protection on Wednesday to file a complaint and have file a transaction dispute through my bank. Hopefully some thing will come out of this.

W Smeets

Hi Nat! I will give any support you need..... it is the old case of "numbers" - if enough people complain ... and are prepared to go the distance we can shut them down. i'm with you....... consumer protection are mostly just toothless tigers .... i have dealt with them a few times with fairly poor results. can you imagine how many "little old ladies" out there have been stung by richtek and never complained???? let's do this together... we need numbers to acknowledge this letter ..... and be active!!!!

Nat

OMG! You are right Will. Consumer Protection is toothless useless waste of time! They are handballing this matter for me to go to Magistrate Court. Nothing can be done they said. As nothing written on the invoice nor the quote on the dates of when the jobs to be done. I cannot believe this! This is why they can get away with ripping people off. Going to see legal aid lawyer. Not sure what will come out of this but I just want justice to be done.

W Smeets

Keep me in the loop - my story can add to the pressure. What we need is for several other complainants to jump on board.............. READ THIS PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Nat

It is so unfair. I made appointment to see legal aid lawyer to see if I have a leg to stand on if I decide to go to court. Mr Richardson phone number is a scam too. Tried to ring him. No reply. Also, why the audio being removed from 6PR Radio show?

Nat

I have also filed a complaint to the ombudsmen.

W Smeets

He may have changed the number... I have spoken to him several times on the number that is listed in the product reviews... DON'T GIVE UP...

W Smeets

The number I have is 0412 351885..............

Jill Cass

I would add my support to any complaint to Consumer Protection and possible investigation.
I submitted a review Dec 11 2021 on this page.

ajklaver
ajklaver

My 93 year old grandmother got scammed by these mongrels l… charged her 450 to replace a fan.. we supplied the fan !!! Absolutely disgusting !!!!

W Smeets

When we get enough complaints we can take some collective action......... next year. I have several people on board now......

Es Jay W.
Es Jay W.

Count me in

Latasha
Latasha

Count me in too please. I have also written to the Consumer Protection and to the finance company they arranged for me

Dr MD Abdus S.
Dr MD Abdus S.

I have been robbed by them. My water heater problem could be solved by changing the circuit with not more than $200. Without doing anything they said I need a new water heater with $2700+. I did not check. I paid and later I saw I can get new one with installation around $1100. They are simply trickster. They installed different type of heater than quoted. I withhold the money and told to take the one installed and give e the quoted one. They tried to offer me $300 concession. I did not accept. I told them to install the correct one. Is there any way I can cancel their jobs because they install wrong one.

Margaret Seats

Just had a call out and Jack arrived to check out my kitchen tap due to dripping he suggested installing a new one. I, being alone and 89 years of age, and not having any knowledge at all re kitchen taps, was shown some examples and I chose the lower priced one $506.00. - first was $944.90 and beyond my means being a pensioner. I only hope I have done the right thing in choosing the $506.00 item as I am inclined to feel a little apprehensive now, maybe I should have had someone with me to advise the best way to go. I have already paid half the amount owing, $250.00.
Sincerely,

Margaret Seats

I, Margaret Seats submitted this complaint.

Margaret Seats

I have contacted Richtek and spoken to the receptionist, then [Name Removed] last Saturday and today Monday I was able to speak to [Name Removed] indicating I did not want him to call out that I had cancelled the new tap that he had suggested. Also stated that I expected to receive my deposit of $250 (which I paid in cash) and asked that a cheque to be posted out to my home address to cover that, He indicated this would be done. I must remind you that there is a cooling off period, and also the deposit for the tap job should have been 10%, and not half the amount. All I wanted was to have a dripping tap in the kitchen fixed. actually [Name Removed] did not even bother to check that out, but did ask to look at the bathroom taps which I thought strange. Please acknowledge with your reply via my email address. [Contact Details Removed] You do have my home address.

Sincerely,

Trevor Dodd
Trevor Dodd

you need to get 3 quotes to make sure you get a fair price. I googled the product e.g the tap, and found out the price. Provided you know what make and model of tap required. Make sure you get a quote from a local to your area, as i find they are the most reasonable. Unfortunately you may have not required a new tap at all, and it may have just needed a washer changed, or maybe a reseat and washer. Margaret i would have died if someone wanted over $500 dollars for a tap. Must be a flash tap. The deal is done by paying the deposit, so you need to do your homework before you buy. I made the same mistake when they charged me the earth to change my 91 year old mothers hot water system. I could have bought the hot water system online delivered for $680 and they charged my mother $2663. I thought it was a bit RICH. I think you are only supposed to pay 10% for a deposit as well. Damage done ,lesson learned. I would not recommend them.

Mary
Mary

Unfortunately Margaret I agree with Trevor’s comments above. I believe that they target the elderly. They quoted my father over $3000 for electrical work that didn’t need to be done when the actual problem was a faulty dimmer switch. We had a very difficult time getting any money back. I believe that they are very dishonest. Always get 3 quotes, we learned the hard way as well. I would strongly recommend no one uses this company.

Lindsay B.
Lindsay B.

This company needs to be shut down. They are clearly scamming the elderly people and profiting from people's misunderstanding of electrical and plumbing processes. We should not be tolerating this type of thing and the Government Consumer Watchdog needs to investigate this fraudulent company as soon as possible. I was one of the lucky ones who suspected the quote for my job from these people was exorbitant and unreasonable. Not everyone is a retired tradesperson like me who can detect dishonesty. This practice of deceit needs to stop.

M.Crouch

This company (Ricktech Electrical) treats its customers with total disregard. How is consumer affairs not involved? What else can be done? Surly a company should not treat customers this way.

John K
John K

Yep. Exactly. You tell me !!
It is nothing short of disgusting

M.Crouch

Decided to have our day in the Perth Magistrates court. It’s less about the money and more on principle. They give tradies a bad name

Susan L.
Susan L.

This company will not be around for long, they are being investigated as we speak. Absolutely terrible consumer complaints.

Quarter Acre
Quarter Acre

Perth plumbing company deny allegations of ‘dodgy dealings’

Nat

They still here. Only because no law seems to protect consumers. Sadly. I learnt the hard way. Never ever give your money before job is done. Always ask for email confirmation of when the job is to be done. Your words against the BIG business will never win.

Get an answer from our members and Richtek Plumbing representatives