Rinnai Enviroflo Heat Pump

Rinnai Enviroflo Heat Pump Questions & Answers

Thomas O.
Thomas O.

I'm looking at HP units in Melbourne. The Rinnai seems a confusing mix of similar models to me and the short warranty is a concern. I was hoping for something local and good but not feeling convinced anymore. Has anyone recent experience over the past 1-2 years now ?

John D
John D

Hi Thomas,

I have the V2 EHPA315VMA. This is the latest model with 315L capacity.

The unit is fine, quiet when running but is relatively dumb, lacking features of other competitors such as wifi/programmable controller which makes it less effective when you're trying to save $ on running costs by soaking up excess solar generation. Instead it runs whenever it feels like it such as 1am.

From a Rinnai point of view. Their customer service was frustrating. The unit had an issue causing it to turn off after 20 seconds. A rep they sent out couldn't work out what was wrong leaving me without hot water for 2-3 days. After lots of phone calls and mucking around, in the end the unit couldn't handle higher voltage from the solar system. A part was replaced and its worked since.

If i were you I'd check out EvoHeat, Siebel Etron as alternatives.

Rinnai   DM

Thank you for your enquiry, Thomas. The current range of Heat Pumps from Rinnai varies with our two smaller litre options (180L & 215L) that come standard with wifi sourced internationally and our two larger options (250L & 315L) made in Australia that is available with & without wifi. The sizing of the Heat Pumps will depend on the number of people living in the home. Our warranty applies to our cylinder, refrigeration components, other components & parts & labour with our Australian Made Heat Pumps receiving an extra 2 years warranty on the cylinder.

A local distributor can be sourced via the below link:

Regards,

Ant
Ant

I'm researching for a new heat pump HWS and found that Rinnai is the top most confusing ones regarding smart capabilities. How the hell can I tell if the model comes with or without wifi when they just using the same model number?
Most plumbers don't know if you ask them, and they don't even care. They just get the tanks and install them. How about make wifi standard across the board? Otherwise I'm just simply not going to waste my time to find out 'which one comes with wifi'.

Juan S.

I have a Rinnai Enviroflo EHPA315VMA installed 10 months ago, from the manual (EHPA_A Heat Pump Wi-Fi OM Version MNAy 2022) it looks this model should be able to be connected to Wi-Fi and access the Enviroflo app.
However, I wasn't able to do it and when contacted Rinnai by phone I was advised that only the models ending in W has that capability and suggested install a timer switch which is totally against what is written in the operational manual (https://postimg.cc/9zkPSJx6)

From the manual, the board circuit (https://postimg.cc/1fLHgJwG) has definitely the port, can I buy the Wi-Fi module/controller from Rinnai to retrofit it?

Rinnai   DM

Hi Juan, Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Sales Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 1).

John
John

Hi Did you manage to get the module?

Rinnai   DM

Hi John, Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Sales Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 1).

adam h.
adam h.

Just answer the question .. id like to know too

Rinnai   DM

Hi Adam H, We have sent a private message to discuss the matter further.

Juan S.

What about a answer for everyone, I'm still keen to get/retrofit the wifi module.

Rinnai   DM

Hi Juan S, We have sent a private message to discuss the matter further.

Leigh M.

Has a wifi module been released to refit these? I’ve called Rinnai a few times late last year and gave up after kept getting told it’s coming soon.

Rinnai   DM

Hi Leigh M, Hi Juan, Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Helpdesk to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Leigh M.

Hi Rinnai, as mentioned. I’ve already called a few times already starting September last year. Juan has been asking for nearly a year as well.

When you call they don’t know and tell you to call back in a couple of months.

Max N.
Max N.

Any luck? Ive seen people talking about having it replaced, so it should be a spare part, Wether they will sell to an end user or not is another issue.

gary m.
gary m.

The Rinnai enviroflo heat pump seems to have a very poor review rating.
I am in a place where I can only get a enviroflo E series at Trade Link, which has not got a review that I can find.
Would I be better off going else where?

Rinnai   DM

Hi Gary M, Thanks for the question regarding the Enviroflo Heat Pump, you can purchase these from any Rinnai Stockiest, please refer to the below link to locate your nearest store:

K.D

What is the best model of hot water system unit
I read many review and all complain about hot water delay,
We don’t want any delay
Do you suggest any model gas / electric

Rinnai   DM

Hi K.D., Thanks for your questions, our hot water selector can help with the model that would best suit you, it is available on our Rinnai website here:

external link

By filling in the relevant information, the selector can recommend the best hot water for your needs. If you would like more information the Sales team can be reached on 1300 555 545 option 1.
As a manufacturer we do not sell direct to the public so we cannot advise pricing for the hot water products, but we do recommend contacting a couple of retailers to ensure you are getting the best price. There is a store selector on the Rinnai Australia site to find your closest stores.

Hi
Unfortunately on website doesn’t match any models
I live in perth, I need storage hot water and also gas heater sapphire classic bronze
Thanknyou

Rinnai   DM

Hi K.D., Thanks for the question regarding Rinnai Storage Hot Water and Gas Heater Sapphire Classic Bronze, you can purchase these from any Rinnai Stockist, please refer to the below link to locate your nearest store:

oversize

Hey KD - talk to Solargain and get an I-store. there are two models to choose from small and large depending on the size of your house. They are far better for the environment than gas hot water and help your home get off gas so you dont have to pay ongoing connection fees. Hot water typically represents 30% of household energy use so paying 4x less by using free energy in the air to heat water is a winner.

is it in perth?

Munaver G.
Munaver G.

Hi can anyone tell me how many hours it takes to heat the water up as I would like to use my solar energy during the day. Would 4 hours be enough in Sydney to heat 310 litres

Rinnai   DM

Hi Munaver G, Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

oversize

Rinnai dont allow you to do this with their models - they must be connected to a permanent supply of electricity. Pick a unit that the manufacturer has experience with solar too. i-store has a 5V-GND trigger which means your solar inverter with energy management relay (fronius has this not sure about other models) can turn on when set production values are met.

Ross M.
Ross M.

Hi. My BASIX assessment requires a hot water service with STC of 31 or greater. The 300L Rinnai reports an STC of 29. Why is the STC lower for the Rinnai heat pump, compared to evacuated pipe solar if the heat pump efficiencies are greater? Is there a heat pump with an STC of 31 or greater? Thanks in anticipation,

Rinnai   DM

Hi Ross M, Thanks for the question. The STC number is an measure of the amount of non renewable energy saved by the system with a prescribed usage.

For the heat pump, electricity is used when the heat pump is producing electricity, and in some cases directly from an electric element.

For a pumped solar hot water system, the pump that circulates water to be heated in the collectors, only uses a small amount of electricity. The bulk of the non renewable energy is from back up water heating.

In both types of systems many variables affect the performance of the overall system.

Matthew B
Matthew B

Hello Cris, do you mind saying how much you paid? We are looking to do a 'knock down rebuild' and the project buillder sources their (gas) HWS only from Rinnai. I was told we'd have to be happy with whatever Rinnai supply. Unfortunately the project builder is not used to dealing with people who insist on an all electric house, but I am delighted with the specs for the Enviroflo and that it is made in Australia. I think when we meet the salesman tomorrow we will have a little more information that he does. The Enviroflo downloadable brochure says one would be eligible for a STC rebate of around $1,000 in Zone 3. I wonder if the builder is prepared to pass that on or factor it into the cost!

Rinnai   DM

Hi Matthew, Please refer to our store locator link for assistance external link

As we don't set as recommended retail price, it is a good idea to get a quote from a couple of different places.

Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives