3.6 from 1,126 reviews · View Details

118 questions from our users

GCollins

GCollinsasked

SkyMesh

Hi we have recently subscribed to skymesh. We also purchased a dlink router from skymesh. We can connect to internet with playstation but cannot access online gaming. Is there a setting stopping this access.

Mister H
Mister H

I had trouble with Chromecast not working properly and got Wi-Fi extender and that fixed it. The router was in another room .

Hi GCollins,
Thanks for reaching out to us! We'd recommend getting in touch with our Technical Support team if you're still experiencing issues. You can contact our friendly team 7 days a week on 1300 759 637. Support lines are open 8am to 8pm (AEST) Monday to Friday, and until 5pm over the weekend.
Cheers, -Erin

Judy H.
Judy H.

Can we forward our emails from skymesh to gmail account while we are away

Deb A

Deb Aasked

SkyMesh

How do I add Extra folders, so I have options to reorganise same emails into correct Folders for easier access?

Good Afternoon Deb,
Apologies for the delayed reply to your question.
To add additional folders in your SkyMesh email, you'll need to log into the webmail service at https://webmail.skymesh.net.au/. In your webmail, on the bottom-left corner of your browser window, you'll see a settings icon (shaped like a cog). Click on the icon to open up the email settings menu, and select Manage Folders.

Once the page loads, you should be able to see a Create Folder button (a plus-sign), on the bottom-left corner of your browser window. Click the plus-sign to make a new folder! Should you need to remove a folder, you'll find that option by clicking the cog icon beside the plus-sign.

Please note that if you are not using the Webmail Service to access your emails, and are using another program such as Mozilla Thunderbird or Outlook, you'll need to check the help resources for those specific programs in order to add more folders. Should you need any further assistance, please give our friendly Support team a call on 1300 759 637. We're available 8am to 8pm (AEST) weekdays, and until 5pm over the weekend to assist.

Kind Regards,
Erin, SkyMesh Customer Service

don.asked

SkyMesh

my i pad will not hold sky mesh signal even after logging it in with password / it does for couple of secs , any ideas ps signal is usually 8 to 10 mbps /

Kristy
Kristy

Hi Don,
What type of router do you have and what speed plan are you signed up to ? Is your sky muster provider skymesh ?

don.

hi kristy , router is d link dir 853/ it is signed up to sky mesh , and im on a plan of 20000 mb ? hopefully yours don .

don.

sky mesh itsself is great including service calls

Stu

Stuasked

SkyMesh

I am looking at this for a houseboat on the murray. Can this system be mobile?

Cathy Lummis
Cathy Lummis

Hi Stu
Skymesh are a great company to deal with, they will have answers to all your questions
We would not have communication service if it wasn’t for their help
You need a power connection source for the modem and something stable for the dish to be mounted on
Please it’s worth a call to the Skymesh team

Hey Stu,

Unfortunately, we are unable to install this service as a mobile system. - Thanks, Ben.

Summerasked

SkyMesh

Hello We have Skymesh at our rural property, but when I am away schooling the kids I have Belong NBN. I want our skymesh email account as our main one, but I cannot configure as Belong do not have an email service. I can receive skymesh emails, but not send. Can you please help?

Hi there,

I have contacted Skymesh at this email address rt@SkyMesh.Net.AU

Bluyu2
Bluyu2

I think that a good option would be to setup an account, say with Gmail etc, which you should be able to access from either NBN service. And you should be able to setup Gmail to check your skymesh email and/or have your skymesh emails forwarded to your gmail account. This also gives you some protection against viruses, spam, etc.

Summer

Many thanks. I think that’s the way I’ll have to go.

Adrian D.

Adrian D.asked

SkyMesh

Hi, We live in a rural area & tether using our mobile phones. The kids do the same with there phones for gaming. This becomes expensive & is quite slow. I have checked & your fixed wireless is available to us, Can you supply an unlimited service fast enough for gaming, downloading & casting etc.......
Cheers
Adrian

Hi there, we also live in a rural area and are happy with sky mesh for internet. But have had our landline removed and are each paying $10.00 pm for mobiles with Belong plus $5.00 per month for unlimited calls to uk. We have no extra costs, the service is good. But we use our phones for calls only. I can highly recommend both Skymesh and Belong. I hope this helps.

I think your question was meant to be sent to Skymesh?

Adrian

Skymesh speed will allow streaming, but gaming may be a problem. Check download speeds on each of the Skymesh options.

bod

bodasked

SkyMesh

how do I block individual emails

Brian G

Brian Gasked

SkyMesh Fixed Wireless

What is the initial setup cost if I switch from Telstra adsl to Skymesh at baffle creek 4674

SkyMeshSkyMesh

Hey Brian, all our plans come with free setup and a free standard installation. Your first bill is just your chosen plan, plus a Wifi router if you opt to purchase one. I checked a few addresses in baffle creek and they were serviceable by Sky Muster satellite, but to accurately ascertain service availability at your property for Fixed Wireless specifically, please call our friendly sales team on 1300 759 637 and they'll be able to confirm this in minutes.

We hope that helps.

Pamela
Pamela

I already had a Skymesh satellite and needed it replaced because of the nbn. Telstra was not an option for me as they only do it through your mobile phone connection and I have poor, intermittent signal at home. $119 was all I paid for a new wifi router, everything else for Sky Muster was free. Jill

Sue S.

Sue S.asked

SkyMesh

Hi, we are considering taking on a role on Flinders Highway - (50 kms from Hughenden in one direction, and 50 kms from Richmond coming from the west) in QLD outback. I will need to have good service to do online trading - the risk is horrendous if the connection drops out. My husband likes to be online to play poker, and stream videos. We will not make the move if we can't have reliable internet. thanks for help in knowing what to expect. Sue

SeanC
SeanC

I found their service to be totally unsatisfactory! Download speeds in the evening often went as low as 1mbps, which is virtually useless for anything other than emails and very basic browsing. Streaming is not really viable in the evenings and if you require a VPN the service is worse than useless. I trade CFD’s and it’s ok for that but it wouldn’t do for interactive gaming etc. Latency is also an issue! So, unless you have no other alternative, stay away from a Satellite service.

Raelene W.

Raelene W.asked

NBN 50 (Standard Plus Evening Speed)

Hi I live in a rural area and need to change providers, is this 50 plan 50gb? how much is it per month

Faye

Fayeasked

SkyMesh

If I go over to SkyMesh can I take all my net and phone needs e.g. 2 Mobiles. NBN.?
We have a landline we do not use its only there so we can use the nbn will this still be needed?
Also we have netflix and foxtel what would we do so we can keep these to services?
Regards
Faye and Graham Bignall
fayebignall@bigpond.com

SkyMeshSkyMesh

Hey Faye, unfortunately, we don't offer mobile services, but we offer both landline and VoIP phones. - Thanks, Ben

Alan N R

Alan N Rasked

SkyMesh

We are with Harbor at the moment and the service is ok ,but reviewing our options were wondering what would be involved if we changed to sky mesh in a technical way?

J Simpson
J Simpson

I have fixed wireless now and was satellite , I could have used same router but was like six years old so got new one that has voice for phone calls if wanted . Got a revamp one for $90 but they are only $160 new. plans are not fixed . Netflix is metered but not included in data !!! Brilliant. I bought a better router but you could probably use existing one if you own it and if you ask them about it in tech phone call how to change it to skymesh. Fast and helpful and will price match ANY other provider if you see a better deal.

Gini

Giniasked

SkyMesh

Why does dish drop out in bad weather and can it be fixed? We are Dundee Beach NT.

Marianne Turkington

Marianne Turkingtonasked

SkyMesh

Hi Can I add a voicemail feature to our Skymesh VOIP service, or is it only available via the Landline plan @$6/mth?
With thanks!
Marianne

Les R

Les Rasked

SkyMesh

Can I run my skymesh equipment off an inverter connected to a12volt battery charged with a solar panel

Keef
Keef

You can. It draws about 60 watts.
If you have only a small solar setup there is no problem with switching it off when you are not using it even though the company might advise against it.
It takes about 5 minutes to power up again.

Majo

Majoasked

SkyMesh

What technology is used by SkyMesh? It looks like it's just pure 4G or very similar and NO it's not a satellite you are connecting to because everyone should have that option but my address is not showing up, so what is it?

SkyMeshSkyMesh

Hey Majo, thanks for your question. SkyMesh currently offers services via the nbn network, Satellite, Fixed Wireless, and Fixed line, as well as our new 4G mobile broadband services. We would be more than happy to check your address and see what services we can offer to you. If you would like to do our 'desk check' we be more then happy to help - Thanks Ben

SkyMesh Desk Check: https://www.skymesh.net.au/desk-check/

Brenda H

Brenda Hasked

SkyMesh

Can I forward my skymesh email to another account and if so how? thanks

SkyMeshSkyMesh

Hey Brenda H, Thanks for your question. You sure can forward you SkyMesh email address. You can do this by logging into your MySkyMesh, Click "Email" across the top taps, then "Redirect mailbox".

- Thanks, Ben

aldo

aldoasked

SkyMesh

I keep having the message " skymesh out of date" flash on the lower right hand quarter of my monitor What does it mean? What does a 90year old male do to clear it?

Dave

Daveasked

SkyMesh

I am a SkyMesh customer in WA. What time locally to me, ie WST is my off peak usage starting and finishing.

Hey Dave,

Thanks for your question. All Anytime (peak) and Off-peak data times are in your local time zone.

- Thanks, Ben

Frosty

Frostyasked

SkyMesh

Hey I am trying to change my plan online as you are closed on the weekends. I have run out of internet and have been buying data blocks and its too expensive now. the change plan page you have opens but has no options of plans as your help page shows. Its like it is not loading properly. I would like to change my plan now and I cant. Any help?

Get an answer from our members and SkyMesh representatives

Other Internet Service Providers