Smartleasing

Smartleasing Questions & Answers

Verifiedsmartleasing.com.au
jason c.
jason c.

How to make claim for smartleasing

U.Monaghan
U.Monaghan

Could you please employ more people to answer the phone? Every time bar one have I been told that you are "currently experiencing longer than expected wait times" which often exceeds 30 minutes. Your website does not give the information I require and my time is just as valuable as yours.

Polly H.

Yes salary sacrifice and tax deduction sound great! But have you compared it to the cost of taking a loan from the bank? Smart leasing charges a much higher interest rate compared to other car loans. Depending on the car you purchase, you might end up paying more for the car. I just did my calculation. For the car I want to get, I would end up paying almost 5000 dollars more via smart leasing than going through a bank car loan over five 5 years! Their quote is deceiving as it only tells you how much tax you would save if you pay the amount you pay them, but does not compare to the amount you would pay by taking a bank loan. So make sure you do your math before you sign up!

Polly H.

Also, quite a few of my colleagues concluded the same. It's not worth it. Maybe because my office doesn't deduct the entire amount of the car and running cost, but only a partial one. Still do your math before signing up!

D. Sydney
D. Sydney

Can you please advise how long the current settlement time is. I signed an agreement with a delivery date of 31/3/20 and am still waiting, apparently on the bank.

No replies from my Settlement Manager since 1/4/20 and am currently ringing the Customer Service line everyday receiving the same answer, "we're waiting on the bank." No one can answer if my Settlement Manager is even chasing the lender up or at what stage of process it is at. Furthermore, the dealership is also ringing your company every second day regarding the extended delay.

I understand the unique environment currently, hence my patience, however surely you could at least give an estimate delivery date - this delay is costing me hugely as I'm requiring a hire car in the meantime for work.

Escalating to Fair Trading will be my next stop.

Smartleasing
Smartleasing   DM

Hi there, Thank you for your message and we sincerely apologise for the delay. Unfortunately due to business shutdown over COVID-19, our financier has limited capacity to process the settlements. However, we are working with the bank to resolve all the backlog as soon as possible.

We have sent you a private message, if you could please kindly send through your account details and we can investigate your settlement further.

Thank you kindly.

Laura L.
Laura L.

Has anyone found their lease package included 6 extra insurance products and services that were not fully disclosed? You would discover that the principal finance amount is around $6-7k more than the actual cost of the car. The principal financed amount is found deep in page 3 of the Lease Quote within the Terms and Conditions, and you may find it is more than you recall the car costing. If so, I'd be interested to hear about your experience. I have realised it has happened to our two current leases, 1 and 2 years old, but if you call now for a quote now (post Royal Commission?) that the same products are disclosed.

Graham Allcock
Graham Allcock

They all do it . They get kickbacks from the insurance companies. Shifty dogs will push anything into you. The extra 6k would be interest at an undisclosed percentage. This mob want you to sign a fake quote then do a finance application before you can see how much the car will cost

Get an answer from our members and Smartleasing representatives