Southern Phone Mobile

Southern Phone Mobile Questions & Answers

Verifiedsouthernphone.com.au
Missyblue
Missyblue · Southern Phone Mobile

Hi will my southern sim work in my optus locked phone?

robinyoungs
robinyoungs

No Southern Phone uses telstra sims.

Southern Phone   DM

Good morning, Missyblue. We provide both Telstra and Optus SIMs. We can swap you to an Optus plan if you're on one of our Telstra plans. If you're already on an Optus SIM, it will work. Alternatively, you can unlock your Optus-locked handset to use a Telstra SIM.

Southern Phone Company.

Peter P. · Southern Phone Mobile

How do I set up voicemail?

Jason
Jason

Try dialing 321 and follow the prompts.

Peter P.

I tried that it doesn't work.

Glenn
Glenn

I had the same issue for six or more months, I couldn't set it up, they couldn't set it up.
The eventual fix was to churn to another provider!

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Peter, I have directly messaged you in regard to this.

Hannah

CFM
CFM · Southern Phone Mobile

How is it that after years of being a Southern Phone customer, when I ring up (131464) to change my Credit Card details, you do not even have my phone number?? Your Indian call agent asked me to send him an image of my drivers licence, Medicare card and credit card. He made out that he could not find ANY of my details! I have been with Southern for many years! (I had to get a new CC, hence my call to Southern.) Is this a sophisticated scam, or just unbelievable incompetence? What is going on there?

Southern Phone   DM

Hi there, I have directly messaged you in regard to this one.

Natasha.

Richard T.
Richard T. · Southern Phone Mobile

Can I divert calls to my mobile number to another mobile number?

Southern Phone   DM

Hello Richard, Sadly, we do not offer this service.
Charlie

Bram Kal · Southern Phone Mobile

Please how can I send you a new credit card number. I got a new card because of a scam. Can I call you and on which number?
Regards, Bram

Bram Kal

I understand you don't need a credit card nr.
Everything is okay.
Regards Bram

Southern Phone   DM

Hello Bram, If you ever do need to contact us this can be done by calling 13 14 64.
Charlie

Robyn K.
Robyn K. · Southern Phone Mobile

I have received an email telling me that my account is now overdue. I have tried many many many times to get online to check my account as I do not believe this to be true but my login details keep getting denied and it tells me that no such account number exists. I have tried to register again numerous times but I keep getting denied. how the hell am I supposed to check what I owe them when their own webpage does not work. Their webpage has not worked for months and I have now gotten to the end of my tether and am actively looking for a new carrier - sort it out guys or you will be losing another long term customer

Walid
Walid

Better not to bother
Dodgy carrier nothing works with me through them

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Robyn, I am so sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing trying to review your account online to verify your bill. Please call our team on 13 14 64 so they can assist with fixing your online access as well as verify the bill amount with you.

emz
emz · Southern Phone Mobile

if my new phone was sent on the 1st february , when will i receive it ??

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Emz, We do advise anything in the postal system can take up to 2 weeks to receive it. It is sent by courier so is often received earlier. Please contact our team if you still have not received it.

Ian R.
Ian R. · Southern Phone Mobile

What would you think of Samsung who changed the format to answer the phone so that it is not usable. they gave no instructions for the new format. I could not answer on my old phone or my new phone. Then they blew out my data with updates. I only want to do calls and texts but they cannot manage this.

joanne w.
joanne w. · Green Plans

I have just purchsed plan. 30min ago still no confirmation email.
Kind regards
Jo

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Joanne, Can you please check your junk/spam folder as our emails are often automatically redirected to these folders by email providers?

ADV · Southern Phone Mobile

Southern Phone outsources its service to Optus. Where is the comms from Southern Phone on whether its customers are also impacted from the Optus data hack? Surely, they should have said something by now!

greg rowlands
greg rowlands

No information whatsoever from Sothern Phone, why not

Southern Phone   DM

Hi, I do apologise for any confusion that this situation has caused you. I can confirm that the cyberattack which affected Optus only impacted their customer platform, it did not access their network. Our customers have not been affected at this time, your information is secure.

ADV

Thanks for your prompt reply. Where is your Corporate Comms team at a time like this? It should be an automatic reflex to issue a public statement given you outsource to Optus. At least I know the situation now. Thanks, ADV

Southern Phone   DM

You are welcome for the response. I have passed your feedback along to our team.

phi
phi · Southern Phone Mobile

Hi how do I turn off my voice mail box

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Phi, If you are wishing to turn off your voicemail, you can contact our Customer Care team on 13 14 64 option 1 for assistance to request this.

Yourfriendlylocal
Yourfriendlylocal · Southern Phone Mobile

I applied for a phone and I haven't heard anything back. Never got a letter in the mail either. Why is this?

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Yourfriendlylocal, Thanks for reaching out to us today! We have responded to your private message with some more information, feel free to check that our for more help regarding this issue.

Yourfriendlylocal
Yourfriendlylocal · Southern Phone Mobile

People are being too hard on this company. The responses have been very kind, so they certainly have that down right at least. I am just wondering how long it takes to be approved for a phone once the application has been done online. I submitted mine and I haven't even got a confirmation email. Thank you

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Yourfriendlylocal, Thank you so much for your positive words, we do really appreciate your feedback!
Can I confirm when you ordered the phone? You should receive email confirmation once the order has been confirmed and the credit check passed.
Can I also confirm which method you ordered the phone? Was it via the website or through one our Sales team members over the phone?

Hillviews · Southern Phone Mobile

Been with Southern Phone many years and no problem but every year i get an internationall call added to my account ...i havnt and never had need to call inter and the numbers are so long one would know if they made a mistake...why does this happen...if you do it to every client once each year you will be getting more revenue

Southern Phone   DM

Hi, This would most likely be a scam call that has been charged as International as sometimes the calls do come from out of the country.
I am really sorry that this has occurred and for the inconvenience that has been caused by this.
If you can please send through your Account Number we can remove this charge for you.

Hillviews

ACC195178...i have never disputed it because its not worth the time but it has shown up again this month

Hillviews

Can you acknowledge you received my account number..i will follow this for your reply...

Southern Phone   DM

Hi, Thank you for sending this through.
It is showing up as an International SMS, this is most likely a charge that has come from a scam number that has sent you a message.
I have applied a credit to your account for this charge, this credit will be applied on the next invoice.

Hillviews

Thank you...i am very vigilant on what comes thru my phone...trying to only answer or open from those i know but on occasion when you are waiting on something from a person not in your contacts you may open oro answer the odd one...i dont remember anything on that particular day as the 11th as it was an important day for me and i knew who was contacting me... but yes they do slip thru... thank you for your help .. Sue

Southern Phone   DM

Hi, No worries at all, please if you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us.

Ghenet  Gebrelul
Ghenet Gebrelul  · Southern Phone Mobile

Hi I have new mobile plan with this companies my I have problem text and receives messages what can I do now an

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Ghenet, Thanks for reaching out. I am really sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with your mobile service! I know how frustrating it can be when your service doesn't work properly so I am really sorry that you have been dealing with this.
So that I can assist you, can you please respond with your account number? I will have a look into this right away.

Hermit · Southern Phone Mobile

Is there a way to move on from customer service to another department that acts as dispute resolution?

I ask because I was lumbered with an invoice (#1809544) totalling $30 that should amount to $10. The additional charges are made up of a 10 dollar refund I never asked for nor received and a 10 dollar late payment fee for invoice #1312314 that was the result of the mysterious refund.

An examination of the emails Southern Phone sent me since the start of April should make it perfectly obvious that Southern Phone made an obvious mistake, but the customer service person I talked with appears to be incapable of doing that.

My latest invoice is due to be paid on 03/06/2021. If no resolution has occurred by then I shall pay the actual amount of $10 due and await further developments.

My account number is ACC167544 and the customer support case number is 1183985.

Southern Phone   DM

Hi there, Thanks for reaching out.
I am really sorry that this has occurred. I can see that the agent you spoke to has agreed to credit the extra $20 off the account and is also following up with a supervisor to see why this occurred in the first place.
I will be following up with the agent you spoke with to see what the outcome has been and let you know once I have a response.
Again, I am really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks, Shelby.

When you follow up would you please ensure that Southern Phone sends me an amended bill with a note to the effect that it replaces the previous one?

Southern Phone   DM

Hi there, Unfortunately, because the bills are generated in bulk I cannot have one individually re-printed to reflect this. I will apply a $30 credit and get the billing back to what it should be without any further late payment issues occurring on the next statement.
The next statement will show the credits I have applied. Please just pay the $10 normal account as you normally would and the next account should just also be $10.

Hermit

Fair enough and thanks again, Shelby.

Southern Phone   DM

Hi there, Thanks for getting back to me. I have applied the credits on to the account and they will be reflected on your next statement. Please let me know if you have any further issues with this. I am so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Well done, Shelby.

Unfortunately I cannot check my account out just now because your software does not recognise my account number. I've reported it, but nobody has reacted to the report yet.

Southern Phone   DM

Hi there, I have just sent you a registration link to the email that we have on the account. Please ensure you also check your spam/junk folders if you do not receive this within half an hour!

Hermit

Yep, that works again now. Thank you. The bill adjustments don't show up yet, but I guess that will be fixed by the time the next billing cycle comes around.

Now, let me try my luck with another item, please. I noticed you have a mobile plan that works out at $10/month once a permanent discount has been applied. There is a 2GB data allowance included instead of the 0.5GB allowance I currently have. Can you transfer me to that plan at $10/month?

Southern Phone   DM

Hi there, Thanks so much for letting me know.
As the plan you are looking at is on the Optus network, and your mobile currently runs on the Telstra network, we will need to organise a network swap with a new sim for this to occur.
You will need to get in touch with our Sales team on 13 14 64 and select option 4 so they may organise this for you.
Please let me know if you have any issues with getting through :)

Hermit

Thanks for the info, Shelby.

I don't envy you your job. Nobody speaks to you unless they have a problem with Southern Phone, and with 1.4 stars out of 5, where the worst possible result is 1 star, you probably have to deal with mountains of complaints. I appreciate how you handled the issues I lobbed your way. Well done, and thanks again.

Southern Phone   DM

Hi, Thank you for your feedback, i will pass this along to Shelby once she is back in the morning.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Hermit

An adjustment has been made to my account balance, but it it is still incorrect. According to my invoice history at Southern Phone's portal I owe $20. It should be $0 since I made a $10 payment, receipt of which has been acknowledged by Southern Phone per email on the 1/06/2021. It said that my $10 payment has been processed on
28-05-2021 and the receipt number for this payment is PAY1314061.

The sorry saga began with an error by Southern Phone some time in April, when a duplicate payment was purportedly made (I never sent it), for which a refund was allegedly made (I never received it). The balance has been out of kilter ever since. The error was reported to me by Southern Phone via an email on the 27-04-2021. In case you can't access it I'll quote it now in full:

"******, important update to your account

Hi ******,

On your account we've noticed a BPay payment that was duplicated in error. This means that you may have seen that your account had received two payments of the same value, but your bank account showed only one.

The duplicate received amount has been removed from your account. However, it may take 48 hours to reflect the correct balance on your account.

We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you and appreciate your understanding in the matter.

For any further assistance, please contact our friendly team on 13 14 64 or via Live Chat.

Southern Phone"

In light of the several hours I have spent researching the problem and trying to have it resolved, unsuccessfully so far, I am considerably disappointed about the way Southern Phone has been mismanaging the issue, and so displeased with it that I am considering possible paths for monetary compensation.

Please get this fixed already.

Thoroughly Dissatisfied Customer

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Stefan, I can confirm that a credit has been placed through for this, it will appear on your next invoice. Due to the credit only being placed through last week it was not uploaded to the latest invoice. I am really sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused by this.

Thank you, Dakota.

Is Southern Phone still working on its portal's functionality? I am asking because details of my two most recent invoices are not available. Also, the credit is not reflected in the billing history, nor is the payment for INV1418797 Southern Phone processed on 28-05-2021. When Southern Phone's billing portal was run by Utilbill I could see near realtime data concerning phone calls and internet data usage. NONE of that is available any more.

What on earth is AGL doing with its subsidiary? I have not had a single problem with Southern Phone in the more than 10 years I've been its customer. Looking at the reviews it is getting on this site (167 out of 192 with the lowest possible rating, and most of them flooding in since AGL's takeover) gives an impression that AGL is intent on destroying it.

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Stefan, Yes we are still working on the portal unfortunately not all details are loading in to the portal. The credit will not appear in the portal until next month.
I am really sorry for the experience you have received in the last couple of months, this is something we are working on resolving as soon as possible.

Hermit

Southern Phone has updated my Account Billing Overview some time during the last couple of days. It now reads that my latest invoice has been partially paid, and that there are $20 outstanding.

The balance should be $0. Could someone fix this, please? I'm getting a bit fed up with Southern Phone's bookkeeping mistake still not being corrected.

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Stefan, Thanks for reaching out. The $30 credit I have applied with be applied to the account once the bill has been generated. Your billing cycle refreshes on the 17th June 2021 and the bill will be generated around this time. The $30 will then be taken off the owing amount.

Hermit

Thanks, Shelby. I was afraid something still was out of kilter when my billing history WAS refreshed a couple of days ago when the payment of my most recent invoice was finally acknowledged, but the balance was still wrong. I thought the system would correct the balance at the same time it refreshed the payment status.

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Stefan, I totally understand! Unfortunately, the credits don't apply until the bill has been generated. I am so sorry for any confusion.

Hopefully. :)

Thanks again, Shelby

Jeanette M. · Southern Phone Mobile

Hi
I placed an order for a new mobile and SIM card and was told I’d receive an email with the delivery information and account number was just wondering when I’ll get that email

steve
steve

hmmm,im with them,they are not to bad,they say 5 days for simm,card,work on eight,im on the telsra,system,it will drop off many times,but thier price is good ,but dont rely,on alot of customer service,good luck with that,waited 9 days for a sim card once,they do have many excuses.

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Jeanette, Thanks for reaching out. It can take between 5-10 business days for the equipment to arrive. However, there is an embargo period at the moment due to the holidays so this may be delayed slightly. May I ask when you placed the order?

I placed the order on the 31/12/20 I have a reference number it’s ACC259074

Jeanette M.

I’ve tried to get in contact with someone several times and I’m not getting any response

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Jeanette, Please be aware that there has been an embargo period up until today so some orders may be delayed with arrival. A sim can take 5-10 business days. I can see that you have been in touch since and have been advised that the order was not processed and a letter will be sent to you explaining the reasons.
I apologise for the inconvenience.

Kerry · Southern Phone Mobile

Hello
My optus mobile is not working. Message is "not supported on network". I tried to get to chat on your website but no chat support. I can not call you as calling is not working. I would like you to check the number. I have two $9 per month sims. The one in question is my work and personal number and it is urgent that is works. I can not use the other one as it is for my 90 year old mother and she had a problem with hers a week ago which has righted itself.. My number ends in 137 and it is the only means I have. I do not have a landline.. My account number is ACC209519. This is the only way I can get in contact with you so I hope you get back to me quickly through here is necessary or my em,ail which you have on file. Thanks...Kerry

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Kerry, I know how frustrating it can be having a service that is not working properly, especially at the moment when
we need to stay in touch now more than ever. I am sorry that you have been dealing with this. Before we investigate any further, can you please make sure that you have performed a power cycle of the device?
This involves just turning the power off for 10 minutes and then back on again. If this does not seem to help, can you please confirm if this error is appearing when calling, SMS or both? *Darian

Kerry

Thanks for your quick reply. All well now. Working fine. Much appreciated.

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Kerry, That's great to hear! Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Heather
Heather · Southern Phone Mobile

Today I posted a question with my AGL voting right for their annual meeting on Wednesday, asking do the board who bought SP realise how utterly pathetic the company has become ,if not they might like to read just some of the reviews published here and then they should hang their heads in shame! I personally have had many apologies, which mean nothing when nothing is done , still waiting to speak to someone “higher up” as promised over a week ago, sorry just realised I forgot to ask “which week” but my experience pales when I read what some other customers have gone through, how is this company allowed to operate? Heather.

Ian T.
Ian T.

Dear Heather thank you for your response to my problem and many others. It would be wonderful if AGL would acknowledge the problems and lack of services that southern phone is delivering. I get better service from my internet and home phone provider that is supported by foreign call centers. Good luck and thank you, Ian.

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Heather, As hard as reviews like this are to read, we really do appreciate your feedback so thank you for taking the time to contact us on this platform! Making you feel confused or pushed aside is the last thing we want to do and I'm sorry to hear that we haven't been more transparent with our information regarding your internet and billing issues. We have one of our Team Leaders reviewing your account at the moment and they will be in contact with you shortly to discuss the summary of events and the outcome you're after.
I completely understand and respect your decision to raise a question for the AGL AGM and I hope that you find their response beneficial. Please feel free to reach out if I can be of any more assistance!
*Shelby

Hilton M. · Southern Phone Mobile

Is the Customer Portal still being worked on? I can log in but not getting any information. For example under Monitor Usage I get this:
Note that it may take up to 2 hours for your usage to be reported. Usage balance, including charges and data usage may not be taken into account plan inclusions, discounts or adjustments. Refer to your bill for a full breakdown of charges.
I've set my router to reset every 24 hours and have been using the internet with this account for over a week. But cannot see how much data I've used on the portal.
Please let me know if the portal is the issue or is it my account.

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Hilton, I can confirm that the portal is still undergoing some work which is why not all the information is appearing. I am sorry if this is affecting your services. If you need any help with your service, please do not hesitate to respond with your account number or call our team 13 14 64.

Hi Shelby,
Thank you for your reply. I notice that another Southern rep has also responded. But they say that the portal is currently being worked on.

Southern Phone   DM

Hi Hilton, Apologies, I did not see the response. I noted that most services should be fully operational on the online portal now, however, some services are still being worked on. Apologies again for the misinformation.

Get an answer from our members and Southern Phone representatives

Select a listing for your question
Southern Phone Mobile