2.8 from 2,327 reviews

50 questions from our users

Gary

Garyasked

NBN

My mum signed up for Spintel NBN a few months ago and could not get her account activated. She tried to call and email Spintel but did not receive a response. Now I have also tried to contact them but also cannot seen to get hold of anyone at Spintel. It is almost like Spintel customer support has completely disappeared.

Can somebody at Spintel please at least respond so that I know that I am not going crazy here?

Andy H.asked

SpinTel

Hi I signed up to Spintel NBN100 and billed pro data couple of days after activation. My connection was connected on the 17th April and I am still getting speed of 45mb,I spoke to the a staff and was advised it take a full day for the speed to change to full speed. Why am I paying for NBN100 package at NBN50 speed? Please advise ASAP.

Con G.SpinTel

Hi Andy, not sure where the full day has come from. Your nbn access type might be the issue. What is the technology of your nbn?

Con

Andy H.
Andy H.

Hi Con, FTTN. Can you confirm if I am can 100mb on this technology? I can send you my account details?

Andy H.

Con, I have PM you my account details. Can you please check.

Helga T.

Helga T.asked

SpinTel

Can you bring your existing number?

Anoop M.SpinTel

Hi Helga, Yes you can port in the number along with the service.

Glenn L.asked

SpinTel

I am having issues with the supplied router, (Netcomm NF18ACV).
Connection problems, WiFi and Wired across several devices.
Cannot access the Web Interface for the router without rebooting it.

Already contacted Spintel, but they didn't seem to understand the problems, so was not helpful

Contacted Netcomm, (Casa Systems) who's only response was to update the firmware.
This is not possible as the Spintel Firmware does not have the Update Firmware option.

I'm at a loss!

Hi Glenn,
Kindly request you to provide your SpinTel account number so that I can look into your issue and will try to provide a resolution.

Glenn L.

How should i send the Account number?

Glenn L.

Please do not tell me that my connection is OK, I know, The internet connection is NOT THE PROBLEM.

The problem is the Local Network connections have intermittent issues, Both wired and wireless. The Biggest issues is I cannot access the web interface regularly unless is reboot the router. I have internet connection during this time.
I cannot update the Firmware, (Netcomm recommendation) because the Spintel custom firmware has prevented that.

Jaimi

Jaimiasked

SpinTel

I got my modem delivered, plugged it in like it said and it says it’s connected through wifi but then when I go to use the internet it won’t work. I’m being charged for this and no one is answering my phone call

Anoop M.SpinTel

Hi Jaimi, Could you please respond to my private message with your Spintel account number so that I can look into your issue.

Andy
Andy

Hi Jami,
If you use your account log in and then book through your account for technical service call back. They will call you back the next day.

daryl cunliffe

daryl cunliffeasked

SpinTel

Hi, If I have just signed up for the nbn100 speed package is this speed now guaranteed to within reason to the distance from internet node or will I be changed to the lower cost nbn50 speed package. I did not think nbn100 speed was able to be advertised if it cannot be truly provided as this is what happened when I signed up with MyRepublic.

Hi Daryl,
If your NBN technology is FTTN, FTTB or FTTC, then please find the below details which will affect your internet speed.

Optical Fibre leading to - a node in your street or a nearby street, a building basement, a small node in the telecommunications pit or mounted to the pole outside your premises with a final stretch of copper to your wall socket inside your premises. Factors affecting nbn maximum line speed include:

1.Length of the copper line from your premises to the node
2.Quality of copper line from your premises to the node, including corrosion and joint quality.
3.Weather conditions, including heavy rain.
4.Quality and layout of in-premises cabling
5.Internal and External electrical interference
6. Network Coexistence

If you can share your address or the SpinTel account number if you already placed an order with us, we will check what nbn technology is used at your address, and we can check for some of the factors that we can review before connecting the service and let you know.

Thanks & Regards,

Rocky N.

Rocky N.asked

Wireless Broadband

Anyone know the meanings of SpinTel's wireless plans also come with 14 days risk-free guarantee. ?

I purchased the 200GB broadband internet service on 03/Dec, paid for the $160 modem and delivery cost. Try for 7-10days, I was not satisfy, I called spintel to cancel the internet and I will return the modem. I can claim the $160 modem cost back after they receive it as long the modem in the prefect condition. I called Spintel to closed the account and service on 13/Dec. but I received a invoice , and they said I have to pay $25.14 ( 03/dec-12Dec activation fee ).

I believed trial period means no cost of anything.

Hi Rocky,
For our 4G Wireless Broadband service, the 14 days risk-free guarantee means if you are not satisfied with the Wireless Broadband service you can cancel the service anytime in between those 14 days and return the modem to us. Once we received the modem, we will refund the modem charges to your card/account. If there is usage on that period you need to pay for the service (Prorata charges of the selected plan) from the activation date to the cancelled date, this is to avoid the misusage of our service during the 14 days risk-free period.

SPARKY

SPARKYasked

NBN

can i use a telstra gen 2 modem with spintel?

Anoop M.SpinTel

Hi Sparky, Telstra modem can be used with SpinTel service, but you need to login to the modem and change the PPPoE /Internet Username and password. https://www.comparebroadband.com.au/.../how-to-configure.../ https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2778465 https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/.../Telst.../td-p/815522

Ty G.
Ty G.

The above pages are not active

Robinasked

SpinTel

You are about to get a very uncomplimentary review from me. Your billing is wrong every month in your favor of course. No one will respond to requests to fix it. If I call, your staff argue with me and say the computer is right. I get no response to emails or account queries online. About to put this to the TIO. Sick of wasting my time with Spintel's incompetence and arrogance. This is the latest ticket to which I expect no response 1775028. Read the whole sorry file and knock yourself out. Better still fix it so it doesn't happen every month. The whole process of dreadful transfer from previous provider, wrong billing and restricted speed have made for a most unpleasant time with Spintel.

Rick
Rick

Not sure why I am asked to answer this. I don't work for Spintel. I just switched to them from iinet. I am currently happy with their service and the contract is for 6 months. I will have to see what happens after that period, but they have been charging me accordingly.

Hi Robin,
We are currently working on the concern you have raised and will revert you on the ticket 1775028.

Robin

They have since debited my account for an extra $10 beyond the correct fee. Now I have to try and get that back from them too. This is called "working on it". This was fixed last month but again wrong this month. Nothing to work on. Stop changing it to your favor every month and charging an extra $10. This is just lip service. I'm off to the TIO again. What a dreadful waste of their time (and mine) on such a simple and stupid issue.

Zoontag

Zoontagasked

SpinTel

Best speed during the day is 28 mbps download but during peak evening at always slows to 5mbps, I am on the 50/20 contract and this crawling evening NBN speed is unacceptable and clear grounds for cancellation of contract without penalty.
I have made complaints twice about it and nothing seems to have been done.

Anoop M.SpinTel

Hi Zoontag, I highly recommend you to call our support team and perform troubleshooting of the network. Once they have done the troubleshooting, we will raise a fault ticket with nbn for fixing the internet speed issue. If you have done all these things and still have the speed issue, please provide your SpinTel account number through a private message so that I can look into your issue.

Regards!

The E.asked

SpinTel

Hi! If I get the wireless broadband plus VOIP, using the Netcomm modem, can I port my existing landline number to the VOIP service? Cheers, Simon

Priyantha B.
Priyantha B.

When I moved houses, Spintel told me they can allocate the same landline to me.....I hope they can and will help you on this...

Anoop M.SpinTel

Hi The E, Wireless broadband service is clearly dependent on the coverage of our network. So we recommend you to use the wireless internet first and if you are happy with the service(Speed and connection), we can port your landline number after that.

Thanks & Regards!

The E.

That sounds perfect Anoop!

Stephen W.asked

NBN 12 (Basic 12)

Can you tell me what the process is in detail, for changing from adsl to nbn? Do I cancel the current plan first or wait until the nbn is connected. How long does it take for a hfc connection ect.

Hi Stephen,
For changing the service from ADSL to nbn, please check the nbn availability in your area (https://www.nbnco.com.au/connect-home-or-business/check-your-address). If it shows available, you can call our support team and place an order for the nbn connection.
The ADSL and nbn HFC connections are not linked to each other, and they are independent. You can have both ADSL and nbn HFC connection at the same time till the Telstra deactivates the ADSL line in your area.
So we recommend you to get the nbn HFC connection first and test the connection for a few days and then cancel the ADSL connection. This way there will not be any downtime for your internet service even though you pay some extra dollars for the ADSL service.

Thank you for that.

You are welcome.

Karebear3asked

Mobile Broadband

Hello, I have been with Telstra for years and am quite frankly fed up with them. Would I get better service by going with Spintel. I am looking at a dongle, no contract, 5Gb+and live in Cunningham Qld. Thank you for any info I can get. C Coles

Hi Karebear,
Kindly request you to provide the full address so that we can check our coverage for the Mobile Broadband service.

Regards!

Evadne
Evadne

Hello, Of course I cannot promise anything, but I was with Tellstra a long time and found their service to be very bad. I had Spintel when I lived in Tweed Heads, now in Victoria, I have found that they are pretty good at fixing any of my crashes, not that I have many. It is fairly safe to say that Spintel will give you better and quicker service than Telstra and, at a lower cost. Good Luck!

Thank you. Very Helpful.

Brian P

Brian Pasked

Mobile Broadband

Are you Optus or Telstra?

Arthur R.
Arthur R.

Spintel is on the Optus system

Con G.SpinTel

Hi Brian, we use the Optus 4G Plus network for our mobile broadband service.

Thanks CG

John

Johnasked

Mobile Broadband

Hello..I am still waiting for my $100 you took from my credit card.

Still no return phone call, call back or email from anyone at Spintel.

Fast too charge me, then knock me back due too Credit Rating but still my money is in your pockets. any help?

john

Thank you for contacting us. This is an automated response confirming the receipt of your ticket. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible. When replying, please make sure that the ticket ID is kept in the subject so that we can track your replies.

Account Number: NA
Ticket ID: 1694468
Subject: Re: SpinTel Customer Reference #152552 - Credit check fail
Department: Orders
Type: Issue
Status: Open
Priority: Normal

You can check the status of or update this ticket online at: https://service.spintel.net.au/index.php?/Autologin/TicketLogin/ViewTicket/040vcydqahktq43eas/

Kind regards,

Hi John,

We checked your account with the SpinTel and we couldn't find any Payments received from your account/card.

Could you please send your account/card statement which shows the money has been debited from your account to complaints@spintel.net.au so that we can action further.

Regards
SpinTel Complaints Team

Tsehainesh T.

Tsehainesh T.asked

SpinTel

Could you send me the international calls in which countries have working,especially in east Africa?

Anoop M.SpinTel

HI Tsehainesh T, if you're looking for mobile plans, please click on the below link and check for the International call rates after selecting the country.

Regards

karl

karlasked

SpinTel

How do I pm the company that I wrote a review about. with many thanks. Karl

Nimisha S.SpinTel

Hi Karl, if you want to private message, you can go to the home page of the product review website and there should be an option for you to private message .

Goldiegrumps
Goldiegrumps

I don’t know Karl, I couldn’t work it out so I used live chat. They have been brilliant with my problem, calling me every 2 days as we try different things.

JemmRen

JemmRenasked

SpinTel

Re: Spintel..If your monthly bill is $26.99 phone credit ,why are you charged $39.99 for the first month if there are no other charges or costs owing ? I bought 2 extra 1000mb data the first month which I paid for plus an extra $2, which is $26 then they sent me a monthly bill for $63.99 when in fact it should be $52.99. What is the extra money for ???

Nimisha S.SpinTel

Hi JemmRen, to understand what are these charges are for, I would like to have a look at your account. Could you please private message your account number so that we can have a look

Lukeyasked

SpinTel

I cancelled my order a couple of weeks ago and I still have not been credited to my account so where is it please can you refund it ASAP to my account today?

Nimisha S.SpinTel

Hi Lukey, could you please private message your account details so that we can have a look at the issue.

Lukey

I have no spintel acc detail but my bank details are bsb 083 663 794123001 I expect the money you took out back I my bank today or I will get legal advice

Nimisha S.SpinTel

Hi Lukey, could you please confirm your first and last name

wasm

wasmasked

SpinTel

Currently with Spintel ADSL and looking to go to NBN FTTN which became active a few months ago.
The sign up nominates a modem to be supplied but I currently have a Draytek VDSL unit which also has configuration for DNS and routing for home server, automation etc.
Can Spintel provide general settings for manual update by myself, and also save $49?

Get an answer from our members and SpinTel representatives

Other Internet Service Providers