SpinTel Internet

67 questions from our users

Emmie K.
Emmie K.asked
Mobile Broadband

I'm currently with another provider for my landline, which has Priority Assist due to my heart issues. Can I keep my landline? ( ie not wanting VOIP phone). Also, I get variable speeds where I am - seems to be a bit of a black spot for mobile signals. It's not unusual for my download speeds to be around 1 Mbps, yet upload speed can be 14 to 15Mbps. My current provider has not been able to offer a reason for this. Obviously the speeds are worse (pages time out, server can't be found, etc etc) during peak usage times.

Official RepSpinTel

Hi Emmie, I believe that you are currently having a Mobile broadband service with a different provider and you want to change that mobile broadband to SpinTel. If so could you please tell me which is your current provider/carrier so that I can assist you better with your queries?

Leon.
Leon.asked
Internet

Is it necessary to get a SpinTel Modem or can I use my own? Regards Leon.

Stephanie
Stephanie

I used the one I had & the setup was fast, although I don't recommend them as per my review. Iprimus is a much better service.

Official RepSpinTel

Hi Leon, for the NBN connection you can get your own modem, but make sure that your modem is compatible with NBN connection type at tour address.

J Mark
J Mark

Hi Leon,
If you are using an NBN connection that as they have said you can use your own compatible NBN router. However, if you want to use the Wireless Broadband, that you have to use the provided Spintel 4G or 5G Modem. They actually quite expensive. Regards,

Dagabix
Dagabixasked
Wireless Broadband

Is Band 40 on Spintel's wireless broadband modems throttled by Optus like it is on Exetel's modems? Just need an honest yes or no answer, thanks.

Official RepSpinTel

Hi, Our modems for the 4G wireless broadband services are not throttled. the plans we currently offer have no throttling on them they are getting what the network can provide in your coverage area. If you share your address through the private message I can check further about the area coverage and can provide an overview of what speeds the 4G wireless broadband service can achieve.

Please see more details about the plan: https://www.spintel.net.au/home-internet/wireless-internet

There are two plans available for 4G wireless broadband:
1) 200GB Data for $49.95 /mth and Speed Up to 100Mbps
2) 500GB Data for $59.95 /mth and Speed Up to 100Mbps

The 4G Service has a '14 day coverage guarantee'. If you cancel your service within the ‘14 day coverage guarantee’, you agree to the following;
1. The returned modem must be in as-new condition with no damage to the unit. It must be returned with all included cables, power adapter and in the complete and original packaging. Failure to return all parts including all packaging will prevent us from being able to refund the cost of the modem.
2. The 14 days will commence from the day that your Wireless Broadband Modem is delivered.
3. Any refund will not include the shipping cost to receive or send back the modem.
4. Any service charges from when the service was activated to when the modem was returned will not be refunded.
5. You must contact us within 14 days of when your Wireless Broadband Modem was delivered to cancel the service if you are not happy with the coverage/speeds.

Hilary B.
Hilary B.asked
NBN 25/5 (Standard 25)

Does this service provide free phone service from landline to local phone services and mobile phones

Official RepSpinTel

Hi Hilary, If you have an NBN service with us and you want to add/choose a landline service along with it, you can get Unlimited Local & National Calls to the landline number across Australia. If you want UNLIMITED calls to Australian local, national and mobile numbers you need to add a $10 plan (VoIP/Phone) along with your NBN plan.

For More details: https://www.spintel.net.au/home-internet/nbn

EMH
EMHasked
Wireless Broadband

Currently with AussieBB fixed wireless, rural setting central Vic. Been on NBN since 2014. Since traffic has increased in area speeds running at 5mbps. Pathetic, especially since the price went up by 22%.
Looking at Spintel. Is the promised speed of 50mbps real and guaranteed?

Colin H.
Colin H.

I m on there 12mbps plan only been 5days and it's running about 6mbps ..like any of they then nothing guaranteed.

Official RepSpinTel

Hi EMH, As you told that your NBN connection type at your address is Fixed Wireless and you were getting a speed of 5mbps, so the tower that your service is connected to is currently congested. Unfortunately, this is an issue you will experience regardless of which ISP you choose as the issue is on the nbn network.
For more details please check on this link

You can check your address on our website - https://www.spintel.net.au/home-internet/wireless-internet/4G-plans for a 4G wireless broadband coverage and if it's serviceable you can try our 4G wireless broadband service for better connectivity. If you address I serviceable we can send you the modem and you can test the connection as the 4G Service has a '14 day coverage guarantee'. If you do not get a proper 4G connection speed you can cancel your connection and return your modem.

Official RepSpinTel

Hi Colin H, Kindly request you to respond to my private message with your SpinTel account details so that I can investigate what went wrong in your case and will try to provide a resolution.

Romina
Rominaasked
NBN 50/20 (Plus 50)

Can the person who responds to these reviews please provide me with assistance via a private message regarding my installation today?
The people I have been speaking to via WhatsApp and also via Phone have been no help in assisting with my queries, but the person responding here seems to know what they are talking about.

Official RepSpinTel

Hi Romina, I have sent you a private message for the SpinTel account details so that I can check your order and assist your further.

Thanks,

Sure.R
Sure.Rasked
Internet

I am an existing customer of another internet provider. How long It will take for transition period?

Official RepSpinTel

Hi Sure.R, If you already have an active NBN service with another provider, the service transfer will happen mostly on the same day once you signup with us. (Note: hopefully your modem is not locked with the current provider and you can access modem GUI to change the NBN credentials currently configured in the modem with the new one)

Sure.R
Sure.Rasked
Internet

I am an existing customer of another internet provider. How long It will take for the transition period?

Con G.SpinTel

hi there, if you are already on nbn and have everything setup, it generally takes about a day. It also depends on if you're transferring a phone number from another service provider, and if you are going to continue using the modem you currently have, or ordering a new one from SpinTel.

John r
John rasked
Internet

how good is it in Thredbo?

Official RepSpinTel

Hi John, What service you are looking for in Thredbo?

If you are looking for an NBN service, please use this link to check the NBN availability in your area - https://www.spintel.net.au/home-internet/nbn.

If you are looking for a 4G wireless broadband service, please use this link to check the availability in your area - https://www.spintel.net.au/home-internet/wireless-internet/4G-plans.

If looking for a sim only mobile plans, please use this link - https://www.spintel.net.au/home-mobile/4G-plans.

Mike R.
Mike R.asked
Mobile Broadband

We've been with Spintel for a while now and generally speaking, have had no issues and are quite happy.

We did note that Spintel reported data usage and our device reported usage always seemed to vary by approx. 10-15GB each month. Whilst I'm fully aware that the device is not going to be 100% accurate, it was always spot on with the previous providers reported usage - Optus. The device is an Optus Mobile Broadband modem and approved by Spintel for use on their network.

I painstakingly downloaded three months of data usage reports from Spintel's website and noted an alarming issue - nearly 57 hours overlap of recording periods. It also roughly matches the discrepancy we noted in the device usage (which could be a coincidence).

I've approached Spintel on several occasions, who tell me that their records are correct. Concerned, I raised the issue with the TIO, who passed the concerns on to Spintel and again was met with an "our records are correct" response and an abundance of passive-aggressive replies from "Travis".

I've requested an explanation for the nearly 57 hours of overlaps for the reporting periods, however, they have not and appear to not want to acknowledge that it even occurs or provide an explanation.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Official RepSpinTel

Hi Mike, The question you have raised is concerning us. Kindly request you to respond to my private message with your SpinTel account details so that I can investigate what went wrong in your case and will try to provide a resolution.

Geoffrey
Geoffreyasked
Official RepSpinTel

Hi Geoffrey, If you looking for product 5G home Broadband, then please use the link below to check the availability of the 5G home broadband service in your area and signup.

tasha h.
tasha h.asked
Internet

My flat mates and I are moving into a new property in Taringa, QLD 4068 and were wondering if Spintel would be good option for us.

We’re thinking the NBN unlimited plus plan for $59 (then $64.95) / month at 45 Mbps as we’re doing online classes at Uni, netflix streaming, etc.

We already have an ASUS modem (DSL-AC55U AC1200) but we’re not sure if the new property is connected to the NBN or if we’ll have to organise installation.

Any help would be recommended!
Thanks !

Terry

Do a search on NBN website to confirm the type of NBN available, then check the address on the Spintel site before going any further. This is to confirm that NBN is available at your address and that Spintel service that area. NBN Co are the people who actually do the connecting and it is common for connection problems to occur due to improper technician work or faulty NBN Co equipment. Many complaints are misattributed to the provider and not the installer (NBN Co), although you have to contact your provider to get action from the installer (NBN Co).
Also a consideration needs to be made about the actual attainable rate of the type of connection you will have. Some plans by providers are limited in data rate due to the limitations of the physical line (or satellite service if remote) as the maximum NBN rate can't be achieved.
The ASUS modem/router appears to be compatible with all NBN types so it should do a good job. If you know how to configure it then great, otherwise search for information from Spintel and perhaps Whirpool Forums well before you have the install done. It is too late to complain afterwards about a "faulty" service due to user misconfiguration.
Good luck with it all.

Terry

BTW: the provider you choose will organise the connection as required and give a time/date for the NBN technician to attend if needed - someone MUST be in attendance. Some fees may be involved so check to see if address is classified as 'new' or currently not on the NBN service directory but in an area that is serviced.

Official RepSpinTel

Hi Tasha, Kindly request you to enter your address in the link (https://www.spintel.net.au/home/nbn) to see what NBN service is available in your area. If the NBN is available in your address, kindly request you to signup with the NBN plan of your choice, so that we can process your order and get you connected with our NBN service. With the modem details provided, it seems that you can use that modem for our NBN service, so while placing the order please select 'BYO' under choose your gateway option. For more details of the modem requirements please click on this link - https://articles.spintel.net.au/en/articles/4205626-nbn-byo-modem-requirements.
For modem configuration, you can refer to this article - https://articles.spintel.net.au/en/articles/4205613-setting-up-your-nbn-byo-modem.

If you need more details please get back to me so that I can organise a call from our sales team to assist you further or even you can contact our sales team on 132210.

Mark mills
Mark millsasked
Wireless Broadband

Why is my spintel not working I ring the help line just get cut off ...not happy !

Official RepSpinTel

Hi Mark, It is really concerning to hear about your recent experience with us. Not being able to get in contact with our team is really unacceptable. Please accept my sincere apologies for the frustration this has caused. Please respond with your SpinTel account details, I would be happy to investigate this further for you.

Livyoga -.
Livyoga -.asked
Internet

Does Huawei HG659 NBN Modem / Router work with spintel?

Official RepSpinTel

Hi Livyoga, Yes, Huawei HG659 modem will work with our NBN connection unless it is not locked to the provider it was purchased from.
If your modem was supplied by another ISP or Provider, then please make sure that it is not locked to that provider it was purchased from. In that case, you can contact that provider and get the modem unlocked so that it will work with any ISP or provider.

You can refer to the below link for more details.

Peteasked
Internet

I'm with Exetel NBN in Bondi Beach and the service has persistent outages. The last one was for 3 whole days and we are off the air for a hour or more regularly. Exetel's customer service is appalling. They say get a business service!! Yet the low end business services have the same "best endeavours" service standard. Interestingly during the full lockdown we had a perfect service. I put this down to the relaxed pricing that occurred at the wholesale level to make sure ISPs could meet the demand. Is there any objective data for Spintel's outages in the Bondi area? Everyone is focussed on speed - it is irrelevant if the service is not actually available.

Official RepSpinTel

Hi Pete, We can't provide any data on the unplanned NBN outages. As you are aware that new nbn installations and the connections are managed by nbn directly and not something we, or any other re-seller, have control over. If your NBN service is down, we can raise a fault with the NBN team, so that they will analyse the fault and will send NBN technicians if necessary to fix the issues. Mostly in the normal case, all the NBN faults will be resolved within two working days.

SpinTel NBN plans - https://www.spintel.net.au/home/nbn

I can see people going to 5G wireless as the phone system is more robust

Official RepSpinTel

Please check with your address for the availability of 5G service in your area and if its available you can signup for one of our 5G wireless broadband internet plans.

Jeff
Jeffasked
rick
rickasked
NBN

why do you advertise $49.95 for standard 25 when it shows $59.95

Hi Rick,

The Price difference you mentioned is due to that data allowance on the plan.

Below is the different options on our NBN Standard 25 plan.

Contract: Month to Month

Contract: 6 Months
Data: Unlimited
Offer: $15.00 Credit added to first bill
Price: $59.95 / Month

For all our plans below is the modem/gateway options:

BYO Modem (NBN compatible) = No cost
Standard NetComm NF10WV = $69.00 Gateway + $20.00 Postage
Advanced NetComm NF18ACV = $110.00 Gateway + $20.00 Postage

Gary
Garyasked
NBN

My mum signed up for Spintel NBN a few months ago and could not get her account activated. She tried to call and email Spintel but did not receive a response. Now I have also tried to contact them but also cannot seen to get hold of anyone at Spintel. It is almost like Spintel customer support has completely disappeared.

Can somebody at Spintel please at least respond so that I know that I am not going crazy here?

Andy H.asked
Internet

Hi I signed up to Spintel NBN100 and billed pro data couple of days after activation. My connection was connected on the 17th April and I am still getting speed of 45mb,I spoke to the a staff and was advised it take a full day for the speed to change to full speed. Why am I paying for NBN100 package at NBN50 speed? Please advise ASAP.

Con G.SpinTel

Hi Andy, not sure where the full day has come from. Your nbn access type might be the issue. What is the technology of your nbn?

Con

Andy H.
Andy H.

Hi Con, FTTN. Can you confirm if I am can 100mb on this technology? I can send you my account details?

Andy H.

Con, I have PM you my account details. Can you please check.

Helga T.
Helga T.asked
Internet

Can you bring your existing number?

Official RepSpinTel

Hi Helga, Yes you can port in the number along with the service.

Thanks,
Anoop

Get an answer from our members and SpinTel representatives

SpinTel Internet