2.7 from 1,924 reviews

42 questions from our users

Robinasked

SpinTel

You are about to get a very uncomplimentary review from me. Your billing is wrong every month in your favor of course. No one will respond to requests to fix it. If I call, your staff argue with me and say the computer is right. I get no response to emails or account queries online. About to put this to the TIO. Sick of wasting my time with Spintel's incompetence and arrogance. This is the latest ticket to which I expect no response 1775028. Read the whole sorry file and knock yourself out. Better still fix it so it doesn't happen every month. The whole process of dreadful transfer from previous provider, wrong billing and restricted speed have made for a most unpleasant time with Spintel.

Rick
Rick

Not sure why I am asked to answer this. I don't work for Spintel. I just switched to them from iinet. I am currently happy with their service and the contract is for 6 months. I will have to see what happens after that period, but they have been charging me accordingly.

Hi Robin,
We are currently working on the concern you have raised and will revert you on the ticket 1775028.

Thanks,

Robin

They have since debited my account for an extra $10 beyond the correct fee. Now I have to try and get that back from them too. This is called "working on it". This was fixed last month but again wrong this month. Nothing to work on. Stop changing it to your favor every month and charging an extra $10. This is just lip service. I'm off to the TIO again. What a dreadful waste of their time (and mine) on such a simple and stupid issue.

Zoontag

Zoontagasked

SpinTel

Best speed during the day is 28 mbps download but during peak evening at always slows to 5mbps, I am on the 50/20 contract and this crawling evening NBN speed is unacceptable and clear grounds for cancellation of contract without penalty.
I have made complaints twice about it and nothing seems to have been done.

Anoop M.SpinTel

Hi Zoontag, I highly recommend you to call our support team and perform troubleshooting of the network. Once they have done the troubleshooting, we will raise a fault ticket with nbn for fixing the internet speed issue. If you have done all these things and still have the speed issue, please provide your SpinTel account number through a private message so that I can look into your issue.

Regards!

The E.asked

SpinTel

Hi! If I get the wireless broadband plus VOIP, using the Netcomm modem, can I port my existing landline number to the VOIP service? Cheers, Simon

Priyantha B.
Priyantha B.

When I moved houses, Spintel told me they can allocate the same landline to me.....I hope they can and will help you on this...

Anoop M.SpinTel

Hi The E, Wireless broadband service is clearly dependent on the coverage of our network. So we recommend you to use the wireless internet first and if you are happy with the service(Speed and connection), we can port your landline number after that.

Thanks & Regards!

The E.

That sounds perfect Anoop!

Stephen W.asked

NBN 12 (Basic 12)

Can you tell me what the process is in detail, for changing from adsl to nbn? Do I cancel the current plan first or wait until the nbn is connected. How long does it take for a hfc connection ect.

Hi Stephen,
For changing the service from ADSL to nbn, please check the nbn availability in your area (https://www.nbnco.com.au/connect-home-or-business/check-your-address). If it shows available, you can call our support team and place an order for the nbn connection.
The ADSL and nbn HFC connections are not linked to each other, and they are independent. You can have both ADSL and nbn HFC connection at the same time till the Telstra deactivates the ADSL line in your area.
So we recommend you to get the nbn HFC connection first and test the connection for a few days and then cancel the ADSL connection. This way there will not be any downtime for your internet service even though you pay some extra dollars for the ADSL service.

Regards,

Thank you for that.

You are welcome.

Karebear3asked

Mobile Broadband

Hello, I have been with Telstra for years and am quite frankly fed up with them. Would I get better service by going with Spintel. I am looking at a dongle, no contract, 5Gb+and live in Cunningham Qld. Thank you for any info I can get. C Coles

Hi Karebear,
Kindly request you to provide the full address so that we can check our coverage for the Mobile Broadband service.

Regards!

Evadne
Evadne

Hello, Of course I cannot promise anything, but I was with Tellstra a long time and found their service to be very bad. I had Spintel when I lived in Tweed Heads, now in Victoria, I have found that they are pretty good at fixing any of my crashes, not that I have many. It is fairly safe to say that Spintel will give you better and quicker service than Telstra and, at a lower cost. Good Luck!

Thank you. Very Helpful.

Brian P

Brian Pasked

Mobile Broadband

Are you Optus or Telstra?

Arthur R.
Arthur R.

Spintel is on the Optus system

Con G.SpinTel

Hi Brian, we use the Optus 4G Plus network for our mobile broadband service.

Thanks CG

John

Johnasked

Mobile Broadband

Hello..I am still waiting for my $100 you took from my credit card.

Still no return phone call, call back or email from anyone at Spintel.

Fast too charge me, then knock me back due too Credit Rating but still my money is in your pockets. any help?

john

Thank you for contacting us. This is an automated response confirming the receipt of your ticket. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible. When replying, please make sure that the ticket ID is kept in the subject so that we can track your replies.

Account Number: NA
Ticket ID: 1694468
Subject: Re: SpinTel Customer Reference #152552 - Credit check fail
Department: Orders
Type: Issue
Status: Open
Priority: Normal

You can check the status of or update this ticket online at: https://service.spintel.net.au/index.php?/Autologin/TicketLogin/ViewTicket/040vcydqahktq43eas/

Kind regards,

Hi John,

We checked your account with the SpinTel and we couldn't find any Payments received from your account/card.

Could you please send your account/card statement which shows the money has been debited from your account to complaints@spintel.net.au so that we can action further.

Regards
SpinTel Complaints Team

Tsehainesh T.

Tsehainesh T.asked

SpinTel

Could you send me the international calls in which countries have working,especially in east Africa?

Anoop M.SpinTel

HI Tsehainesh T, if you're looking for mobile plans, please click on the below link and check for the International call rates after selecting the country.

Regards

karl

karlasked

SpinTel

How do I pm the company that I wrote a review about. with many thanks. Karl

Nimisha S.SpinTel

Hi Karl, if you want to private message, you can go to the home page of the product review website and there should be an option for you to private message .

Goldiegrumps
Goldiegrumps

I don’t know Karl, I couldn’t work it out so I used live chat. They have been brilliant with my problem, calling me every 2 days as we try different things.

JemmRen

JemmRenasked

SpinTel

Re: Spintel..If your monthly bill is $26.99 phone credit ,why are you charged $39.99 for the first month if there are no other charges or costs owing ? I bought 2 extra 1000mb data the first month which I paid for plus an extra $2, which is $26 then they sent me a monthly bill for $63.99 when in fact it should be $52.99. What is the extra money for ???

Nimisha S.SpinTel

Hi JemmRen, to understand what are these charges are for, I would like to have a look at your account. Could you please private message your account number so that we can have a look

Lukeyasked

SpinTel

I cancelled my order a couple of weeks ago and I still have not been credited to my account so where is it please can you refund it ASAP to my account today?

Nimisha S.SpinTel

Hi Lukey, could you please private message your account details so that we can have a look at the issue.

Lukey

I have no spintel acc detail but my bank details are bsb 083 663 794123001 I expect the money you took out back I my bank today or I will get legal advice

Nimisha S.SpinTel

Hi Lukey, could you please confirm your first and last name

wasm

wasmasked

SpinTel

Currently with Spintel ADSL and looking to go to NBN FTTN which became active a few months ago.
The sign up nominates a modem to be supplied but I currently have a Draytek VDSL unit which also has configuration for DNS and routing for home server, automation etc.
Can Spintel provide general settings for manual update by myself, and also save $49?

Kiran

Kiranasked

SpinTel

Hi...I have a new ADSL2+ Connection. For whatever reason I am not getting a speed of 1 Mbps upload when I am checking with a speed test. Is there any way you can help me fix the problem? Please connect back on [email address removed]. Many Thanks.

MLY75415
MLY75415

Spintel buy the cheapest and slowest data from wholesalers (eg; Telstra, Optus) - hence the cheap price of their packages. Please refer to correspondence I have had with Spintel regarding the pathetic ADSL2 speeds I am now receiving from Spintel - upload speeds are only averaging between 0.32 and 0.44Mbps making it almost impossible to send large email files. No mention is made in their T&C of their slow speeds other than the "acceptable" speeds outlined by Spintel in their distance from exchange section in their T&C.

Correspondence sent to Spintel offshore complaints;
Please refer to the document I have attached outlining SPEEDTEST results for my internet service, these results cover both the last two months that I was with Telstra prior to switching to Spintel, and the one month I have been using Spintel.
I strongly urge you to read these results carefully as they show a definite slowing of my service speeds since joining Spintel - if my internet service is not returned to the speed I was receiving from Telstra (average speed of 4.36Mbps) I will be forwarding these results to and lodging a complaint with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman here in Australia, and I will most certainly be considering my options regarding my Internet Service Provider.

I formally request that this email and the accompanying Speedtest report be forwarded to Spintel’s Compliance Manager for their perusal.

When I signed up to Spintel I asked the sales representative if my speeds would change from those I was receiving from Telstra and I was assured that they would not differ (refer to the recorded conversation) - my speed with Telstra was averaging 4.36Mbps - my speed with Spintel is now averaging 1.69Mbps - do not tell me that suddenly this is now due to my distance from the exchange.

ramasked

SpinTel

I'm on Spintel and came back from short holiday. During the holiday, the wifi password was reverted to original password and my entire home automation got screwed-up because of that. I believe the only reason is due to some update initiated at Spintel end without notifying me. What actually the problem?

Con G.SpinTel

Hi Ram, there is nothing we did that would have changed your WIFI password. Did you do a factory reset on the modem by any chance at any time? Can you shoot me through a private message and i'll dig into it a bit deeper?

JGlobal
JGlobal

The same thing happened to me, and then they charged me for 2 fees for services and said it had nothing to do with passwords. When we listened to there recording you clearly heard my private technician tell Spintel what the issue was but Spintel still charged me $300. Then when I called to cancel my account, they wanted to wave the charges. Total scam of a company! On the phone, the technician keeps telling us to change the password? Like she was guessing or something.

ram

Spintel you need to invetigate this, people stay with you for reliable connection, please be reminded the NBN connection is backbone to house security & alarm system for many of the customer. Why would or how how i factory reset when nobody at home?
Dig as deeper as you could!

OceanEarth

OceanEarthasked

SpinTel

I'm thinking of switching my NBN FTTN service from my current ISP to Spintel. I work from home and my business absolutely relies on an internet connection. What sort of downtime can I expect during the changeover? Best AND worse case scenario's please.

Con G.SpinTel

Hi there, there shouldn't be any downtime if its already active on nbn. Can you please email social@spintel.net.au with your address please and I can check and confirm? thanks CG

Sparasked

SpinTel

thinking of a landline only connection any thoughts?

Hi Spar, can you please elaborate a little please? Thanks CG

Derek
Derek

We have a landline bundled with the broadband. It's set up and ready to go but we haven't used it yet - we just use our mobiles - so can't speak to quality or anything like that.

Thanks Derek
It is for my inlaws they dont use the internet and there are lots of reviews on broadband thats all.

Mark

Markasked

SpinTel

Why do I consistently lose my internet? since having SPINTEL NBN connected I have had to get wifi amplifiers so I can stream on a TV that is 10ft from the modem, that seems to be fixed, but I am still suffering periods of several minutes where the internet disappears?

Con G.SpinTel

Hi Mark, can you please private message me your account details and i'll check if we're seeing the dropouts on our end.

Jesster
Jesster

They tell you till the cows come home that its at your end. They'll charge you for a technician. They'll say it a faulty modern which they'll make you pay to replace. They have bandwidth issues, cant handle the traffic. Had all of the above & more problems with them. My complaint is with the ombudsman. Once I changed back to Belong who was with before, all problems automatically resolved & working as it was when I left them for Spintel. Sorry I did, cost me $$ for nothing.

Willasked

SpinTel

Hello, I tried to set up an internet service 3 weeks ago, I haven't had internet since, but the phone line works. I now have 2 modems from spintel - neither of which work. I have patiently been talking to the activations team for 3weeks with no success. How long am I supposed to wait without internet?

Con G.SpinTel

Hi Will, can you please private message me your account number/phone number so I can find/review the situation and see what's gone wrong? Thanks CG

Will

Hi spintel, i don't know how to private message but my number is 0754424978. Thanks.

matey
matey

I don't know what brand your modems are, but if they are netcomm, they are junk. The capacitors inside are cheap and do not last due to the heat generated by the modem.
Try to avoid netcomm branded modems.

Damaro

Damaroasked

SpinTel

Do spintel have unlimited Internet service?

Hi Damaro, yes. All of our broadband plans have an Unlimited option. Thanks CG

Christine29
Christine29

You can get unlimited data, but the service isn't reliable, and if you're thinking of signing up, read the fine print.

Amanda L
Amanda L

We have unlimited internet with Spintel but good luck ever using it. After 8pm at night we have 0.5Mps!

lachie

lachieasked

SpinTel

I recently emailed Spintel, asking why I was supplied an Optus Metro sim card? My mobile phone would not operate with the sim,and I contacted the local Optus Store and was told I needed a rural sim card. As expected I have not received an email answer from Spintel.

Con G.SpinTel

Hi Lachie, I saw that question come in earlier and it was replied to promptly. I even remember seeing an acknowledgement from the person who sent the question? Unless there were 2 people asking the same thing which would be very unusual as it's the first time i've seen that question in many years.

Answering the question here though, there is no such thing. There is no "metro" and "regional" SIM cards. All SIM cards operate in all areas where there is coverage (Optus network).

Thanks CG

Get an answer from our members and SpinTel representatives