SpinTel Internet Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Leanne P.
Leanne P. · Internet

Good morning, we joined Spintel NBN and Mobil phone on Friday the 1st of June. Since then we have had nothing but trouble with the WIFI dropping out constantly. It dropped out 6 times while watching a movie. Also 3 times whilst done work modules. Do you recommend a solution. Leanne P.

Simon A.
Simon A.

I would suggest contacting Spintel support. We used our existing modem and have not had any problems with the wifi dropping. The first step would probably be to restart the modem to see if that fixes it.

Phil
Phil · NBN

NBN 600 is advertised on the Spintel web site. When will it be available. I’m on NBN 250 and NBN 600 does not come up in the option to change plan.

jozhuang.au
jozhuang.au · NBN

I have FTTC connection and would like to choose SpinTel Home Superfast 250 from you. But there is no any mention about the free upgrade to FTTP like other providers in your website.

Wendy W. · Internet

Dear Sir or Madam, I am interesting the plan Standard 25. I am going to change the NBN provider to Spintel.
Could you please tell me the procedure to change NBN provider to Spintel.

SpinTel   DM

Hi Wendy W., Thank you for your interest in our Standard 25 plan, and we appreciate your consideration in choosing Spintel as your new NBN provider.

To facilitate the process of changing your NBN provider to Spintel and signing up for the Standard 25 plan, you can visit our website (https://www.spintel.net.au/) or contact our sales team (13 22 10) to sign up for the Standard 25 plan. Provide your details, including your address and contact information, to initiate the process.

If you require any further assistance or have specific questions about the procedure, our customer service team is available to assist you throughout the process. You can reach us by phone or email, (https://www.spintel.net.au/contact) and we will be happy to guide you and address any concerns you may have.

Thank you again for choosing Spintel. We look forward to providing you with reliable and high-quality NBN services.

Wendy W.

Hi Belle, thanks for your reply. If I want to connect the NBN on 16th of April, when will I need to apply? now or later? Regards! Wendy

SpinTel   DM

Hi Wendy W., You can apply anytime at your convenience as it would depend on the type of NBN technology at your premise. It would be best to talk out to our Sales Experts at 13 22 10 so you can be given the best possible option to fit your needs.

Thanks Belle. I will call the Sale Expert. Regards! Wendy

SongSparra · Internet

Considering using SpinTel, what are honestly the drop out rates, problems with contact (seen a few complaints for help and days to weeks of the net being down) as I am house bound with cancer and am reliant on the internet for all daily needs. Thanks for any help on this, I can't afford my current provider now but I can't afford to be off line.

Hamed
Hamed

To be honest I'm happy with the speed I have. I have no problem and my most concern is the support which they care about me always

SpinTel   DM

Hi SongSparra, Thank you for considering SpinTel for your internet needs. We understand the importance of reliable internet access, especially given your situation, and we're here to provide you with honest insights into our service.

While we don't have specific statistics on dropout rates, SpinTel is committed to providing reliable and consistent internet service to our customers. We continuously monitor and optimize our network to minimize downtime and disruptions. We strive to offer prompt and effective assistance to all our customers. While we acknowledge that there may be occasional challenges or delays, our team is dedicated to resolving issues efficiently and ensuring that our customers' needs are met.

If you have any further questions or if there's anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to reach out at external link .

SongSparra

Hi and thank you Belle, signed up and will transfer over the next few days. Thanks again for the information and here's hoping all goes well :)

Steve · Internet

Hi Team it would be nice if you could respond to messages left when requesting a call when number left.
2 days without Internet is not good enough
First call today was 8.39 am.
I got a ring back about 1 hour later telling me I was next in Queue and they said wait and all I got said was { Check to see if you can get N B N etc.
N B N as far as I can determine means No Bloody Network.
[N B N is so unreliable as averages about interruptions about every 6 week. ] SPINTEL then goes on with other waffling on and then it said heavy call delay press 1 to get call back for a second time. NOW 2.35 pm.
I now am still waiting for over 1 more hour for last callback.
Come on Spintell. Keep customers informed by text as some other providers do would be a good idea.

SpinTel   DM

Hi Steve, Thanks for getting in touch.

Please send me a direct message with your SpinTel account number or phone number on file so we can take a look at this for you.

Belle
Please supply me with valid email address so task can be completed.
Can't see any reply button for direct contact

Steve

Update. Spinel contacted me not long after yesterday's post and we went through all the settings on Router and Password etc.
Turns out they can't find anything wrong with my equipment and sending out Someone to check N B N outside etc.
But they advised it will be the 10 th January 2024 and N B N technician booked in for that date. So that's about no internet for 2 weeks.
Nothing to do with Spintel.
Just slow service from N B N.
I hope Spintel can compensate for time service unavailable.
P.S using my Alias name here on this forum.

SpinTel   DM

Hi Steve, Thank you for your response.

Please send me your details at complaints@spintel.net.au so we can work this out with you until we get to a resolution.

We look forward to your response.

Steve

Thanks email just sent to email address given.

SpinTel   DM

Hi Steve, Thank you for your response.

This is to confirm that we received your email and it is now with me to case manage your service until we get to a resolution.

Let's continue discussing the details from there for more concrete details about your case.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Raymond
Raymond · Internet

Does anyone ever pick up the phone? 60 mins last night, 30 mins so far today.

Also trying WhatsApp, no response there either.

Long time customer here...

Nella
Nella

Use the chat facility on their website....I find it works best! :-)

Hi Raymond, Thank you for getting in touch with us,

We apologise for the inconvenience, Our hours of operation are from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm on Weekdays
1300 303 375
Weekends:
Chat

Richard

Steve

Here we are 2 weeks later and still no Internet.
They did say restoration date 10th January but no updates.
After communication with Spintel I advised I need compensation for no Service. And mobile data used as well. And don't expect a bill until restored.
They advised me there would be no bill until service's are restored.

Guess what the dishonest lot did was sent me 2 bills for Internet for this Month.

No deduction for 2 weeks already lost without service.
Could not ring today as Sunday and phone service only during week days.
I would of contacted them directly tomorrow if they had been honest about it.
P.S I might add I'm not the only person without internet in this area.

I'm less than 2 km from major shopping mall.
Not like I'm in some remote area needing service.
I did note NBN van in street during last week and stopped for short time across road.
Makes me wonder if parts needed for repair have to come from China.
I realize the NBN is different matter than billing from my ISP.

Clarry
Clarry · Wireless Internet 5G Unlimited

Can I have my landline with my same number connected, how long will it take to port over and how much will it cost and the cost of phone calls including international to UK and USA please. Also can I still use my fetch service, thank you.

SpinTel   DM

Hi Clarry, Thanks for getting in touch.

You can definitely keep the same landline number so long as it is still active to be transferred to us. Depending on the technology in your area it may take 24 hours to 5 days if there is already an existing NBN line are your premise. You can check the plans we offer for our NBN services at external link . The Voip service comes with PAYGo for 10cents per call on local and national numbers while mobile calls costs at 20cents per minute. International calls to UK is 3¢/minute Capped to $1.98 for the first hour and calls to mobiles is 26¢/minute while in the USA is the same for landlines but 4¢/minute. For your fetch service, as this is an application on your mobile, it will work with any internet service or mobile data.

If you need assistance over the phone, please do not hesitate to ring us at 13 22 10.

Jeff M.
Jeff M. · Internet

Now that Spintel is owned by Superloop, is there a reason why you don't offer the same Phone Plans?? Regards, Jeff

SpinTel   DM

Hi Jeff M, Thank you for reaching out. We're an independent ISP in Australia. and we are not owned by superloop. I hope this information helps.

Maria

Tim S.
Tim S. · Wireless Internet 4G Unlimited

Hi
What is the model number of the SpinTel supplied modem please?

SpinTel   DM

Hi Tim S., Thanks for getting in touch.

We supply modems for the Wireless Broadband Service and the NBN service. If you want to know more about hardware we provide, you can check out the details at external link  or external link .

Ivan
Ivan

NetComm Wireless NF18ACV

Hi Tim S., Thanks for getting in touch

For the Wireless Broadband service, the model number will be Huawei B628.
For NBN service we have TP-link VX230 and TP-link HX220.

Richard

Tim S.
Tim S. · Wireless Broadband

Hi
What model of modem do you supply please with the 4g wireless broadband offer please? Is a wired lan port on board for a pc that doesn’t have wifi?

SpinTel   DM

Hi Tim S., Thanks for getting in touch.

We supply two types of modems for the Wireless Broadband service. At the moment we have the Huawei B628 which is Wired and Wireless LAN, Not portable. And the second option is the Netgear AC800S which is Wireless, Portable. To know more about the details and specifications of the modem, feel free to check our website at external link .

William  Tomalin
William Tomalin · Wireless Internet 4G Unlimited

We are pensioners . Curently with Optus ` Ultra 50/20 at around $82/month. Would we be better off withSpintel Wireless and A Netgear AC800S router?

SpinTel   DM

Hi William Tomalin, Thanks for getting in touch.

We also have Optus as our carrier network for our mobile plans. At the moment these are the plans that we offer for our Wireless Broadband Service, external link .

You can also check on the link to see the coverage in your area for the network. With the Netgear AC800S router, so long as this is compatible with the Optus SIM, all you need is a SIM from us to get connected.

Feel free to call our Sales team for some great offers at the phone number 13 22 10 on
Weekdays: 8:00am to 8:00pm AEDT and Weekends: 9:00am to 5:00pm AEDT. You can also reach us thru chat or email, external link .

Georgia C.
Georgia C. · NBN

Why are you still sending me monthly bills after you closed my account what the fk am I paying for now????????

SpinTel   DM

Hi Georgia C, Thanks for getting in touch.

Please send me a response with your SpinTel account number or phone number on file so we can take a look at this for you.

Terence G
Terence G · Wireless Internet 5G Unlimited 225Mbps

I am looking at cancelling a VDSL2 service with iinet which gets up to 80bps at peak because iinet has gone downhill with more outages this year then the previous 4 years. How does this compare as far as reliability in Canberra? (Called and can get the service) What has been the experience. I really just want stable internet.

Terence G
Terence G · Wireless Internet 5G Unlimited 225Mbps

SpinTel   DM

Hi Terence, Thanks for getting in touch. You may contact our sales team at 132210 for us to be able to check the serviceability in your area. They are available on Weekdays: 8:00am to 8:00pm AEDT & Weekends: 9:00am to 5:00pm AEDT

Regards,

Denise
Denise · NBN

Hi
I recently moved into our new house in Melbournes outer northern suburb of Donnybrook 3064 and would like to enquire about nbn connection here please.

Kind regards
Denise

SpinTel   DM

Hi Denise, Thank you for reaching out. You can check out our latest offer in our website external link . Alternatively, you may call our sales team at 132210 Weekdays: 8:00am to 8:00pm, Weekends: 9:00am to 5:00pm

Regards,

gayndahpastrycafe
gayndahpastrycafe · Wireless Internet 5G Unlimited 100Mbps

Hi, I would like to install the landline phone and internet for our future business, Im looking at this 100MBPS, please advise for the total Payment for landline and internet per month. Thank you

SpinTel   DM

Hi there, Kindly check our available business plans in our website external link  or contact our sales team @13 22 10
Weekdays: 8:00am to 8:00pm Saturday: 9:00am to 5:00pm Sunday: 9:00am to 5:00pm

SickOfIt
SickOfIt · Plus 50

Hi guys, looking to switch to SpinTel, question, do SpinTel cancell the other provider etc?

SpinTel   DM

Hi there, Thank you for reaching out. If you are transferring from another provider you remain liable for obligations and charges billed by them, which may include cancellation charges. That is why, it is important that once the service is transferred and/or active with us, you must contact your previous provider to make sure your account or service is cancelled with them.

LLY
LLY · NBN

Do they have POP in WA? What is the latency during Speedtest in PERTH?

tanyaandkerry
tanyaandkerry · Internet

Does location affect internet? I am from regional victorian location and Im not familiar with spintel? We are unable to get NBN without satellite and I am reluctant to do that so have to rely on broadband but need unlimited as we have 3 teenagers who go through data

SpinTel   DM

Hi, Thank you for reaching out.
Depends on what type of internet service available in the area. If you are using Wireless broadband, it depends on the 4G coverage you're getting in your area.
Can you provide the exact service address so I can check serviceability?

Maria
Complaints Officer

Get an answer from our members and SpinTel representatives

Select a listing for your question

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

SpinTel Internet is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023 and 2022. Learn more