Sunbank Solar Batteries Questions & Answers

11 questions from our users

Sophia Kotsapasasked

Hi why is the “com “ light on my battery flashing?? I keep trying to call sun bank but no one is calling me back

Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Sophia, thank you for your question. I would be more than happy to follow this up immediately for you. I have sent you a message to obtain the order number from your purchase with us so that I can find your customer file and let our technical resolutions team know about your case. In the meantime, please feel free to contact us at hello(at)mysunbank.com.au any time.

Sophia Kotsapas

Where do I find my order number?

Brenda Martinasked

What if my meter boxes already inside my licked gate and the new battery is put next to it
Can I get a message before authorised people come to check it

Philip Long

Firstly they have to notify you if they wish to enter your property and secondly they monitor the battery condition performance remotely so they should not have to enter your property unless there is a problem.

Brenda Martin

Thankyou I was reading the conditions part of the paperwork

mickwillasked

I would like to hear from anyone who has battery installed by Sunbank and is part of of a VPP plan. I am particularly interested as to what savings they are earning and what their payback period is.
I have installed A$9000 battery but cant get any help or info out of Sunbank, Members Energy or Energy Locals.
Mick Williams

Philip Long

Mick, My name is Phil Long and we have recently fitted an Eveready battery pack (5kw )to our solar system( It has 20 panels - 6kw system ). We have only just switched over to Members Energy and as yet have to receive an account from them. Our last account from Red Energy for the last three months was reduced by approximately $58.00 as the battery system was only operational for the last month. There are only two adults living at our residence and most days our battery is 95 to 100% full by evening and still has 4 to 8% capacity by next sunrise so our house is not drawing power off the grid thereby saving us money during the night. Daytime the system is set up to run off the solar generation. Reading our Red Energy bill from 26th July to 24th October 2020 we were credited with 1125kw at $0.102/kw giving us $114.75 credit. Usage off the grid amounted to 392kw at $0.28459 giving us a cost of $111.56. Our battery pack has only been operational since the beginning of mid October and we will not receive a Members Energy Account until January which will reflect our savings by employing a battery pack in conjunction with our solar panels. That $58 saving mentioned above is only an estimate. Members Energy returns have been estimated to be from $0.17 to $0.24 / kw depending on when they take power from our system be it from the battery or direct from the solar system as they said the higher returns are in peak load periods but they stated that they would not flatten the battery and always leave 5 to 10% capacity. Hope this information is what you are looking for, Phil Long.

Hello Phil,
Thanks for taking the time to answer in such detail, it has really helped me.

Your situation is much the same as mine. Your figures match mine almost exactly.

The problem I had was in getting some idea of what return I'd get from the VPP scheme

Just this morning I rang Sunbank and had a long, fruitful discussion with Ian Sinson.
He gave me some much needed info on the buyback frequency and earnings. The real important NEWS was that the buyback of the excess energy from my system comes from BOTH the battery and whats being recorded from my panels by the smartmeter at 30 mins intervals, I was originally informed in writing that this would be from the battery ONLY.

I'll let you know how I get on after getting my first account.

Thanks again

Mick Williams

Margo d.

Margo d.asked

Does anyone know what type of batteries are on offer

Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Margo, our full range of batteries available can be seen here - https://mysunbank.com.au/solar-batteries/.

Kate

Kateasked

Hi, I have been trying to speak to someone all week and have had no response to any of my phone or email messages. I'd appreciate a call back asap please.
Regards, Kate

Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Kate, thanks for your message. I have sent you a private message for your contact details to have someone get in touch with you ASAP.

John Moro

John Moroasked

Good morning, could you tell me when the "virtual power plant" will be on line. I was told it would be up and running on the 1st of August.

Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi John, thanks for your question regarding the launch of our Energy Plan. Our intention had been to launch our Energy Plan on August 1st however we are experiencing some slight delays due to the COVID-19 and the further lockdown restrictions in Victoria. We are now in the final stages of completing the Energy Plan which we hope to launch late-August. If you have signed up to the pilot program already, you will receive an update email in the coming week, so keep an eye out for that. If you have any other questions please feel free to get in touch with us on 1300 28 29 30 or email us at hello(at)mysunbank.com.au

kazasked

can I get a rebate on a battery system if I already had the rebates on my solar panels?

Elizabeth Macrae
Elizabeth Macrae

My rebate for my solar panels was from the federal government so I was able to get a rebate on my batteries as it was a state rebate. So it depends on whether or not your solar panels were federal or state.

both

Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Kaz, thanks for your question. If you have received a state rebate for a panel system already you won't be able to then claim a state rebate for a battery, for example in Victoria you can only claim on rebate as part of the solar homes program. As Elizabeth says though you may be able to claim rebates if one was federal and one was state. If you would like to discuss your eligibility or what you may be able to claim, feel free to call us anytime on 1300 28 29 30.

Maximus B.

Maximus B.asked

Hi Guys,
I have had a mail in the post regarding a solar battery energy plan. Is it possible for me to know what sort of rates you have for a Tesla PW II?
I understand this could be of case to case, if I am a resident in Berwick (3806) and I have a 6.6 KW system what sort of prices am I looking before any rebate being applied.

S L Rasked

I received a letter today re the battery program. How many of the 1,000 battery offers are still available and what is the exact discount. If I receive an unsolicited offer, I want details

AngusM
AngusM

Please contact Sunbank Solar directly at the number listed in the letter you received.

S L R

As I said, no thanks without any details.

Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi SLR, thank you for your question. The cost and discount for an installation will vary depending on your individual installation, as not all solar systems are the same. We'd be happy to give you a quick quote, we've just sent you a private message, so at your earliest convenience, we'd love to hear back from you.

RhysM

RhysMasked

Hi guys, I just received a letter in the mail regarding solar batteries. I already have a 6.6kw solar system on the roof but I am keen on the idea of a battery as well.

I have a few questions though.

What size is the battery that you are offering?
Is it an upfront payment or is it available through financing?
What is the price and expected payback period?

Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Rhys, thank you for your question. The cost and size for an installation will vary depending on your individual installation, as not all solar systems are the same. We'd be happy to give you a quick quote, we've just sent you a private message, so at your earliest convenience, we'd love to hear back from you.

Patricia Lauder

Patricia Lauderasked

Hi There, are your solar panels made in China or Germany ??

Customer ServiceSunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Patricia, thank you for your question. We supply and install various brands of Tier 1 solar panels, it would depend on what brand you were after. You can find out more about the various solar panels we install here - https://mysunbank.com.au/pv-solar/string-pv/.

If you would like to have a discussion about the location of manufacture for any products we supply and install, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 28 29 30, or email us on hello(at)mysunbank.com.au.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbank Solar Batteries representatives