3Sunbeam Torino Espresso Machine & Grinder PU8000

Sunbeam Torino Espresso Machine & Grinder PU8000 Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPN:PU8000
AMD

Sunbeam Torino Espresso Machine PU8000 - STUCK in CLEAN..
After 4 Hr and Many liters of water and trying many of the suggestions; Am still with a CLEAN warning.

Have done the Hot Water and the Group head and they appear to work, BUT still the Clean Message. So 5 times I have tried the STeam and last time let it run for two full tanks of water and another 1/2 tanks instead of 2 min.. AND tried any number of methods mentioned.

WHAT do I need to do to GET RID OF THE MESSAGE !!!

Mortda
Mortda

I have also now of the same problem below that was also posted by an Alexandera A of Sydney 2 years ago and I very much like to sort out this proble Cheers Mortda
"Clean will not come off LCD, despite completing the coffee clean and descaling on multiple occasions, with correct sunbeam tablets.
The manual was followed 100% accurately.
Please confirm if there is buttons I can hold and press together, in parallel, or in sequence, to remove ‘clean’ from the LCD and return to ‘Ready’."

Stashu

Sadly my machine is 9 months old and this has only came up yesterday after a clean cycle came up. My machine wouldn't release pressure on the clean cycle - I had to turn the machine off . Clean message will.not come off the screen even after another attempt at a clean cycle - pressure is very slow to release during cycles . Looks like a warranty issue I will have to chase up.

What was the FIX

Mark S.

Hi, I have just completed a clean of the machine both coffee and steam. I have done both 3x now and when I switch the machine back on the window still says CLEAN. How can I resolve this please

Louise O.
Louise O.

I’ve just had the same thing happen. Did you find a resolution to this?

Hi Louise,
Sorry, No not too date…
Still waiting
Kindest regards

What was the FIX

richardcoleking
richardcoleking

Hi

My sunbeam Torino has lost pressure gradually over the last few days. It now doesn’t matter how fine the grind is, I can’t get a decent espresso out of it - just murky pond water. It just runs through as if I’ve got little to no coffee in the basket. I can’t make heads or tails of this. I’ve descaled (both) and I’ve changed the group head gasket. How can it run through so fast when the grind is SO(!) fine? Historically, it just doesn’t run through or drips slowly if the grind is too fine.

Thanks,

David D.

Hi, every time I switch my coffee machine on it does its normal heat up function, then it would normally say ' Ready' on the LCD screen however every time now it instantly starts running hot water for a reasonable amount of time, after that it is fine but it shouldn't be doing this. Does anyone have a quick fix for this? its under warranty but Sunbeam want videos, bar codes, production dates, invoice etc and to email it back... just hoping someone has a quick fix here. Thanks

Stashu

Sounds like a warrenty repair .

Mat H.
Mat H.

Check your manual pour lever is in the off position

David D.

Hey you were right with the manual pour lever, after a further check it was in the off position according to the where the handle was sitting but there appears to be a spring broken or loose that connects to the handle so thats what needs a repair, at least it will be easy for me to explain what's happened, under warranty so off to the shop it goes and back to buying a coffee again lol, thanks for your input.

Elyse
Elyse

Having an issue where the water is pooling in the group head rather than filtering through. Need a new rubber seal?

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Elyse, please give us a call at 1300 881 861 between 10am to 6pm - Monday - Friday AEST and our team can help you resolve the issues you have with our Torino Coffee Machine.

LindyLou

Sunbeam Torino Espresso Machine steam wand has stopped working - we have run 2 descaling cleaning sessions for the 'ST CLEAN' and still no go. The Steam wand isnt heating up. How do we fix this?

Steven Coote
Steven Coote

I seem to have zero pressure to texture milk in my Torino. When I take the tip off the steam wand there is an unusual thick plastic line that seems to run the length of the steam wand.

Can this plastic tube be removed? It seems to be an enormous blockage to getting quality steam flow.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Libby
Libby

Hi, our Torino was bought second hand, and it makes great coffees. Until it doesn’t - the switch sometimes does not turn on, and then, sometimes, it does not turn off, in both the manual and the timed modes. Is there an easy fix for this?

Terry

Hi, I have just completed 2 clean cycles of my Sunbeam Torino Espresso Machine after the Clean command appeared. It didn't disappear after completion of the first cycle - so I did another one! When I switched the machine back on again after cleaning the window still says CLEAN. How can I resolve this issue? Can anybody help please?

endofthebitumen
endofthebitumen

I'd like to know as well! It would be nice to receive a reply or is this question too hard Sunbeam??

Terry

Hi. I ended up having to send my machine back to Sunbeam and they fixed it. No explanation as to why the fault happened. I have not had to put it through a clean cycle sionce I had it returned so it will be interesting to see if the fault happens again - I am hoping not!

LindyLou

Hi - After you have finished the steam descaling clean, Press the CLEAN button for a few seconds, and the machine will return to READY mode on the LCD display. This online manual has loads more details like this in it!

German P.
German P.

Hey there, I recently serviced by sunbeams here in Australia the machine is working ok, but sometimes when I turn it on the screen gets a bit crazy and then start beeping, it only goes off until I unplug it from the power point, also recently the screen went blank and is not showing the seconds or anything it just keep the lighton but that'sit, I don't know what should it be?

Richard V.
Richard V.

The steamer on my Torino machine has no "bite" - that is it runs out of puff after a minute and doesn't have much oomph compared to my old Breville and I'm sure this isnt right

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Richard V, The steam wand may be blocked due to scale. Scale is a surface build-up of minerals that naturally occur over time in all appliances that are involved with the heating of water. Therefore the espresso machine will require occasional descaling. It is recommended that the espresso machine is descaled every 4-6 months; this will vary depending on the frequency of use and the water hardness in your area.
Get full details on Steam Thermoblock Descaling from our product manual attached on pages 31 - 32 external link

Heath W.
Heath W.

Good morning
Just got my torino home and filled the water tank
The machine doesnt appear to be drawing any water from the water tank.
It just makes some obnoxiously loud noises whenever i try to engage the group head, steam wand and hot water tap.
Any suggestions ?

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Heath W, It sounds like its an air lock. Try running the hot water, coffee & steam on & off alternating between all 3 & the water will eventually flow through the line. Also try pulling the tank on & off this will hopefully solve your issue.

Ian
Ian

I too have the same problem with the Clean indication not cleaning after cleaning. This is the second time so it seems that it is a common design fault with Sunbeam. Last time I spent over $400 having a new circuit installed and it has failed again after just 2 years...nott very happy!

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Ian, Have you completed both clean cycles meaning the machine & the steam wand? If you haven't you need to do both when you get to Step 12 of the steam clean just leave the machine it may take 10 to 25 minutes but the machine will eventually go back to the ready state. Please make sure the water tank is also full. Let me know if this helps you. I have attached the manual for you if you could refer to page 31 external link

Eileen

I have cleaned my sunbeam Torino and it still says clean and I am at a lost at what to do next! I want it to get back to ready

Susie

We have the same problem!

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Eileen & Susie, Have you completed both clean cycles meaning the machine & the steam wand? If you haven't you need to do both when you get to Step 12 of the steam clean just leave the machine it may take 10 to 25 minutes but the machine will eventually go back to the ready state. Please make sure the water tank is also full. Let me know if this helps you.

Susie

Thank you, we have tried all of the above but still says ‘clean’ on screen

Eileen

I’ve also followed the instruction manual and looked at you tube videos and done the complete group head and steam wand clean. And it still says Clean.

Eileen

Hi Susie, I reran the whole clean process but when it came to descaling the steam wand I didn’t stop it I just kept it going and I had two container on standby to swop over and it went on for a long time. Unlike it stopped itself and it says ready so I would say I’ve done this process 4 times! Cleaning the group head with cleaning tablets and the steam wand with descaler

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Ladies, You need to follow the instructions quiet strictly make sure firstly your tank is completly full & just use clean water (don't worry about the cleaning tabs as you have already done this) when you get to step 12 just leave it on & let it do its thing it will convert back once its completed if you could try it again & let me know what happens.

Annie
Annie

I had the same problem after cleaning and it stayed on. I fixed by doing another clean with no tablet and let it finish, when the clean sign just stayed on again, I turned it off at the main, waited for about 30 secs and then turned it back on and at the switch and it went back to normal

Giffin1
Giffin1

hi,
We are having the same experience with growing frustration as Annie, Eillen Susie and Tom but without the success of Annie..:).
We have used tablets and then fresh water as you recommended with no success.
Are the instructions vague to whether we are to turn off the steam tap or the machine during the process?

Hi,
I've had the Torino for 18 months or so. I understand it is still under warranty...
After being away from home for about 4 weeks I can't get the steam wand to work. Hot water - OK. Espresso - OK. Mind you I don't steam very much but it has worked without any problems in the past.
The Torino makes all the right making-steam sounds…but sadly, no steam.
The steam wand isn't blocked at the end (I unscrewed it and I can see and blow through).
The machine gets very hot to the touch, on the top front left corner as you face the machine. I believe that's where the steam "thermoblock" lives...

Any ideas?

Cheers
Ron

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Ron, Firstly empty the water waste tray then try using the steam wand & see if any water is dripping out of it into the waste tray & let me know what it does. I would then descale the machine the steam thermoblock descaling attached on pages 31-32 external link  if your issue is still not resolved the next solution would be to take your machine to one of our service agents attached external link  whom will be able to further assist you.

Hi,
Yes, water leaks from the machine into the waste tray when I turn on the steam wand. No steam and leaking water...
I'll descale over the weekend and report back.

Ron

Ron H.

Descaling (steam thermoblock) didn't help. No Steam. Also the machine still thinks it needs a clean as the "clean" continues to be displayed on the screen. I have completed the coffee clean cycle (twice...).

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Ron, I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via this please.

LindyLou

my machine is doing the same - have done 2 steam descaling cleaning rounds, the water tap works and it makes coffee. Steam it just pumps and pumps nothing happens except it fills the waste water tray! How do we fix this???

Mike M
Mike M

Hi, I have just completed a clean of the machine both coffee and steam. When I switch the machine back on the window still says CLEAN. How can I resolve this please

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Mike, I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via this please.

Westie

Hi, I haven't used the steam wand for a long time, probably not for close to a year. Now I cannot get it back to work again. I can hear the typical ticking noise when I turn the handle but no water is coming out. That is, 1 drop is forming at the tip when I leave the handle open for 30 seconds. I assume it is blocked somewhere. By inserting something thin and soft into the wand from the tip, I was able to verify there is no blockage in the last ca. 10 cm of the wand, just past the first bend of the wand. Obviously I cannot run the cleaning cycle as no water is coming through. Are there any other things that I can do?

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Westie, Have you checked there is no water is leaking under neath or in the waste tray?. if there is water then you will need to try bleeding the machine out for 3 to 5 minutes as get the water flowing through again. And if there is no water there you will need to take your machine to a service agent to be be serviced. If you click on the attached external link  you will find a list of service agents that will be able to assist you.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. When do I check for leaking water - when the steam wand handle is turned open? Also, what do you mean by bleeding the machine and how do I go about doing this?

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Westie, Yes check for leaking water when you have the steam wand handle open & by bleeding I mean let the machine run through with hot water to get the water flowing again.

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Westie, By bleeding I mean running the hot water & steam wand & switching between the two functions I forgot to add this.

Mark

I keep having coffee grains come through whilst trying to make a coffee. I’ve changed the ‘O’ ring and cleaned the area out. I’ve tried to ensure I’m not over packing. This has started to happen after working perfectly done two years.

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Mark, Firstly can I ask is the coffee grinds coming over the side of the handle? or coming through the sprout when pouring the coffee?. Can I also ask when you changed the brew head seal did you also clean the filter screen as this also may need cleaning. Or your other issue you may be your coffee grind is to fine.
Let me know if any of these suggestions assisted you.

Mark

Coming out the sides. Seems to be irrespective of the quantity of grind I put in.

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Mark, It sounds like you need to take it to one of our service agents to get this fixed. I have attached the webite external link  if you scroll to the end of the page & find service agents locater & click on there you will find one in your local area whom will be able to assist you with this issue.

Richard B.

After 18 months the pressure Guage is now full of condensation, any idea how to fix this?

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Richard, You will need to take it to one of our service agents to get this fixed. I have attached the webite external link  if you scroll to the end of the page & find service agents locater & click on there you will find one in your local area whom will be able to assist you with this issue.

Richard B.

Do you have a link for NZ agents?

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Richard, Here is one in Auckland external link  does this help? If not let me know where you located & I can try & assist you.

Richard B.

I live in Dunedin, do you have local agents here? Is this issue also common with the Torinno?

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Richard, This place in Dunedin external link  should be able to help you.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives