Sunbeam Torino Espresso Machine & Grinder PU8000

MPN: SNB-PU8000

42 questions from our users

Hugo T.

Hugo T.asked

I have run the D scaling and the cleaning of the head numerous times and the display is stuck in clean mode and will not reset many people have posted this problem can you please provide the answer

Glenn H.

Same problem for me. This is the second time in 2 years that the machine has asked to be cleaned. The first time I did it the clean mode icon stayed on and then miraculously went off of its own accord. Just finished cleaning it for the second time and...you guessed it the clean icon has stayed on.

Glenn H.

CLEAN ICON STAY ON AFTER CLEANING. Here’s what worked for me. I ran the full cleaning cycle using the tablet for the group head cleaning and this was immediately followed by the descaling table dissolved in the water tank to remove thermoblock scale (or some such). After this process the CLEAN ICON STAYED ON regardless of the fact that I’d run the full cleaning program.

What I noticed during this cleaning process was that on at least two occasions I had to turn the machine off at the wall and reset it because it had literally stopped doing anything. First time waited too long for group head cleaning water to appear and so turned it off and back on and it went through that process. Second time had to turn it off and back on because again there was no water forthcoming from the wand. This restart worked to get through the program, but I think it upset the machine’s delicate sensibilities and even though it finished the process its little memory was saying to itself that something wasn’t right.

It other words I don’t think the microchip recorded the process as successful.

So I ran the whole process again (without using the expensive tablets) and it worked perfectly. No interruptions. No dramas and at the end of this ‘pretend’ cleaning cycle the READY button appeared as it was supposed to do.

Mary Janeasked

Hi just bought a torino coffee machine but the milk steamer is not working how do I fix it please not happy

Stephanie P.

Contact Sunbeam - they will probably get you to drop it into a local repairer. My steam wand has broken down twice so I’ve asked for a new machine through Harvey Norman where I purchased it from. For once I purchased the extended warranty - pleased i did.

Mary Jane

I just purchased on 24/4/20 and just used it today and not working not impressed may take it back to Harvey Norman and get another one

Tania W.asked

Hello - Suddenly my Torino seems to be struggling with the extraction. Only pushes out a slow trickle of coffee. We did recently change beans but not the grind level. Any suggestions?

AP

Change the grind size to coarser and/or tamp with less force. Freshness of beans and other bean characteristics can greatly affect extraction.

Tania W.

ok great. I'll give it a go.

Tania W.

Worked thank you! Morning saved.

Mary Janeasked

Hi Just bought the Torino coffee machine and can't find the Burr Cleaning Brush I hope you can help me please.

AP

It will be under the removable spillage tray.

Jarrodasked

Hi our Sunbeam Torino STEAM WAND isn’t working at all, it seems to be trying to pump but nothing comes out. Everything else is working fine tho.
I’ve tried both cleaning programs and still nothing.
I have heard this is common problem, is there anyway of resolving this issue or does it need to be repaired ?

AP

Have you tried unscrewing the tip and giving the hole a clean? There is a tool for this next to the water jug.

Mandy58
Mandy58

I am sorry I did not have that problem . I would contact sunbeam

Tianaasked

Hi I have a sunbeam Torino coffee machine and after performing 3 cleans each time the clean display does not turn off to normal settings. how do we reset the machine so display does not show clean? Very frustrating

Emayal
Emayal

This is a common fault, my machine has the same issue and others have reported it as well. Very frustrating indeed. Considering the amount of money you pay for this machine, it should just work.

Tiana

yes definitely frustrating as the cleaning tablets are expensive, we had 3 different people try to clean it just to make sure.. I think I will call breville and ask them to resupply my cleaning tablets as they were used due to the electronic fault.

Gab

Gabasked

I have had this machine for just under two years, and have loved it.

But now, the steam wand will not work, I can't even go through a clean with it. Has anyone else had this issue and have a solution?

brimagesasked

We've had Grand Torino machine for several yrs & well pleased with quality of coffees it makes (& we are pretty fussy!). Machine now has steam remnant permanently in the pressure gauge. Any ideas how to fix this? Graham

David
David

Steam as in condensation on the glass in the gauge?
If so I’m just guessing there’s no easy cure- maybe the gauge is leaking and/or broken?

Davide V.
Davide V.

No it just makes a noies with no steam

brimages

Machine still works fine, its just condensation in the gauge window. Looking for any advice to get rid of condensation. Graham

Scott R.

Scott R.asked

brand new machine and the steamer for the milk isnt working, please help

Lucinda S.asked

I’ve just bought this coffee machine and the steam isn’t working at all! Please help

Terry Mack

This happened to me on day1. Somehow on day 2, after a lot of muttering, it began to work. I believe it has happened to other people too.
Right now I can't get rid of the "Clean" screen, despite numerous cleans. I can still make coffee, so I ignore it.
Interestingly, the Product Manual leaves out a step in the cleaning process. I only discovered this after close comparison with the online video.

Lucinda S.

Thanks mate! All working now actually, just had to give it an hour or so

Gary C.
Gary C.

So how did you end up getting the screen back to ready mode Terry? I have ran the clean cycle 3 times still no luck.

yvetteasked

My machine will keep running water once it’s warmed up With lights flashing. I have to keep turning it off but it keeps happening.

Terry Mack

Yes, mine emits a lot of steam and some running water in the warm up stage. It always has, despite servicing in the first month. Before that it dripped a lot of water onto the bench. At least now it just runs into the drip tray. I beliee that it is called "flushing". Not good for a top of the range machine.

yvette

Mine isn’t just dropping a little bit of water. No button I press will stop it there fore I’m having to turn it off and I can not make a coffee

Dave M
Dave M

Hi Yvette, Our machine has just started doing the same thing. It's always run a small flush on start up but now pours water through the head for 60secs and floods the drip tray. .Did you find out how to fix yours? Thanks Dave

Fiona D

Fiona Dasked

Our machine is just over 2 years old and it is experiencing irregular pump pressure, causing it to spurt out everywhere. We have tried a few times with same result. It has been through a couple of cleans no difference. Was working fine before this

Jacinta N.asked

My steam wand won’t spert water. Just pumps to heat up at the start and that’s it.

Hello Jacinta N.
So sorry to hear about this, could I ask:
1. Have you preformed all the advised cleaning steps for this problem?
2. How long have you had this unit?

Hi,

Thank you for getting back.

Yes I have performed all the cleaning steps. I have had the machine for about 2 years.

Paz R.
Paz R.

I am also having this same problem. The wand won't pump any water out. Have had the machine for 2 years.

Richard B.

Richard B.asked

I have also cleaned the machine twice, and the word CLEAN still shows, I followed the advice on page 23 to reset the machine, but when I hit the + button, the word CLEAN appears again.

Hello Richard B,
Try pressing the CLEAN button for a few seconds, and the machine will return to READY mode on the LCD display.
For more tips on how to get the most from your Sunbeam Torino Espresso Machine follow the below link:

Pete
Pete

I’m in the same boat. Have cleaned both CO and ST several times. Pressing the Clean button for a few seconds does nothing. CLEAN is still on the LCD

Nigel
Nigel

I had the same frustrating problem. I spoke with a bloke at sunbeam customer care, & he emailed me step-by-step cleaning instructions. Very similar to the manual, but im thinking the machine is a bit finicky on exact steps. Mines all fixed just by carefully following new instructions to the letter!!

Linda H.

Linda H.asked

Hi we have cleaned our Torino now twice and it's still asking us to clean it.
Help how can we reset it and use it again

Hello Linda H,
Please follow the steps on page 23 to reset all programs back to factory setting: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/PU8000_IB.compressed.pdf

Annie
Annie

I have the same issue and have followed all instructions and also p.23... still stuck on CLEAN

Phil Myersasked

My pu8000 won't hold pressure on the extraction basket

Hello Phil Myers,
Could I ask if you have changed your coffee recently or the grinder settings?

Because it sounds like it may be under-extracting.
If the needle is before the target area, this indicates the serve of espresso is ‘under-extracted’ as it has extracted too little of the essential oils, flavours and colours from the coffee grinds. This occurs when water passes too quickly through the tamped coffee grinds and is an indication that either the grind is too coarse (so the water flows straight through the grinds) or the filter basket has been under-dosed (too little coffee in the basket).

Have a look at some of the solutions for this problem on page 18; https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/PU8000_IB.compressed.pdf

Phil Myers

No grind changes, no changes at all - i made a superb espresso in the 1st extraction of the morning, then extracted a second when it started spluttering and fluctuating pressure just as it completed the extraction. I ran a third with spluttering and pressure fluctuation from the start so i shut the machine down, waited a while then restarted, same problem for 3 tries, restarted again same problem 2 tries then stopped.

Hello Phil,
Sorry for the delay to reply ...
Could I ask how long have you had this the Torino for? It might need to be sent out for repairs with one of our service agents.

Neil

Neilasked

Hello my Sunbeam Torino is now 3 years old and until a week ago has been perfect however it is now tripping the circuit breaker. Initially only when heating the milk and only after 20-30 seconds of heating. It was not tripping when I extracted my coffee. Now it trips immediately that I turn on the PowerPoint. Suggestions please?

T R.
T R.

Ours does the same thing, have you had any luck in solving this issue? Ours has gone back to the store twice and they can’t find anything wrong with it. Soon as we get it home, plug it in, bang! Trips the circuit breaker as soon as we switch in on at the wall. Very frustrating.

laurelasked

My Sunbeam Torino Coffee machine is less than 12 months old, it has worked well up until recently where now the automatic one and two cup timers continue to pour water for 60seconds and fast, even though a good pressure is obtained in the green range of the bar. On ringing Sunbeam, I was told to take the machine to a service repairer in Hilton WA , who without knowing what is wrong with the machine told me it would take seven weeks to fix. On further questioning they told me they were closed over the Christmas break but usually repairs took between 3 and 4 weeks because they would be waiting for parts, all of this without knowing whats wrong with my machine, when I asked if the machine did not need parts , I was told they usually had a machine for 2 to 3 weeks. Absolutely deplorable service and I did call Sunbeam for trouble shooting advice to start with, non provided, just a phone number to a service centre, and should I add the first number provided was for a place 5 hours drive away. Total disappointment and will not be suggesting anyone buy this machine if this is the sort of after sales care they can expect to receive. Absolute waste of money and now my time to run around trying to get it fixed, simply not good enough

Hello Laurel,
I apologies for the service you have received.
In regards to service agent repair times, this is not something we can control. They are affiliated with us but not our employees. It is also unfortunate that this has happened during the Christmas period, which again is out of our hands and the service agents, it's always a busier time of the year.

If you would like to go ahead with the inspection and possible repair, I would be happy to organize a courier pick up for you and once repaired have it shipped back to your home.

Before we organize all of that - could I ask if you have tried a factory reset?
Because it sounds like the machine is working fine but the pour time has been increased to 60 seconds. Factory reset instructions are on page 23: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/PU8000_IB.compressed.pdf

Please that a try and if it's still not working please contact me again and I'll organize a pick up.

laurel

Thank you for your reply, I had already tried a factory reset as this seemed the obvious issue, but was not the case. Is there a way to reset pour times? I am more than happy to take you up on your offer to organise courier pick up and return once the Christmas break is over for the service team I was put in contact with, I believe this to be the week of the 7th January. No point in having a machine sit in a work shop collecting dust. Please let me know your name so that I can have this offer from you referred to you.

Hello again,
You're welcome Laurel - I will send you a private message now. We will get this sorted out and you coffee happy again in no time.

Stephanie P.asked

How long should the CO Clean take? My machine got extremely hot and sat doing nothing (other than getting hotter and hotter) for 10 minutes. Only a small amount of water came through the head at the beginning - is this normal?

Hello Stephanie P.
After starting the coffee clean cycle, there will be a pause, then water will slowly will cycle on and off through the machine for several minutes.
After the coffee clean cycle is completed, the machine will return to READY mode on the LCD display.

The manual states that it will go for several minutes so to me 10 minutes should be the absolute max it will go for, have a read of the process in the manual if it is not preforming as written please send me a DM message and I will organize a repair for you.

Page 29: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/PU8000_IB.compressed.pdf

Stew

Stewasked

What is the warranty period for the Torino PU8000?

I was told by the store sales person that it was 2 years and 5 years for the pump and heat block. But I cant see anywhere this is documented.

Anthony B
Anthony B

I also do t know - but when talking to support they say this is their premium product and will extend the warranty- but to be on point - I really do not know what it is officially

Hello Stew,
Can I ask how long you have had your PU8000?

beebeegee
beebeegee

The manufacturer warranty is secondary to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law. A machine at this price point should provide reliable service for more than 2 years. See the ACCC website about Australian Consumer Law and your rights.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives