Sunbeam Torino Espresso Machine & Grinder PU8000

MPN: SNB-PU8000

31 questions from our users

Fiona D

Fiona Dasked

Our machine is just over 2 years old and it is experiencing irregular pump pressure, causing it to spurt out everywhere. We have tried a few times with same result. It has been through a couple of cleans no difference. Was working fine before this

Jacinta N.asked

My steam wand won’t spert water. Just pumps to heat up at the start and that’s it.

Hello Jacinta N.
So sorry to hear about this, could I ask:
1. Have you preformed all the advised cleaning steps for this problem?
2. How long have you had this unit?

Hi,

Thank you for getting back.

Yes I have performed all the cleaning steps. I have had the machine for about 2 years.

Paz R.
Paz R.

I am also having this same problem. The wand won't pump any water out. Have had the machine for 2 years.

Richard B.

Richard B.asked

I have also cleaned the machine twice, and the word CLEAN still shows, I followed the advice on page 23 to reset the machine, but when I hit the + button, the word CLEAN appears again.

Hello Richard B,
Try pressing the CLEAN button for a few seconds, and the machine will return to READY mode on the LCD display.
For more tips on how to get the most from your Sunbeam Torino Espresso Machine follow the below link:

Pete
Pete

I’m in the same boat. Have cleaned both CO and ST several times. Pressing the Clean button for a few seconds does nothing. CLEAN is still on the LCD

Nigel
Nigel

I had the same frustrating problem. I spoke with a bloke at sunbeam customer care, & he emailed me step-by-step cleaning instructions. Very similar to the manual, but im thinking the machine is a bit finicky on exact steps. Mines all fixed just by carefully following new instructions to the letter!!

Linda H.

Linda H.asked

Hi we have cleaned our Torino now twice and it's still asking us to clean it.
Help how can we reset it and use it again

Hello Linda H,
Please follow the steps on page 23 to reset all programs back to factory setting: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/PU8000_IB.compressed.pdf

Annie

I have the same issue and have followed all instructions and also p.23... still stuck on CLEAN

Phil Myersasked

My pu8000 won't hold pressure on the extraction basket

Hello Phil Myers,
Could I ask if you have changed your coffee recently or the grinder settings?

Because it sounds like it may be under-extracting.
If the needle is before the target area, this indicates the serve of espresso is ‘under-extracted’ as it has extracted too little of the essential oils, flavours and colours from the coffee grinds. This occurs when water passes too quickly through the tamped coffee grinds and is an indication that either the grind is too coarse (so the water flows straight through the grinds) or the filter basket has been under-dosed (too little coffee in the basket).

Have a look at some of the solutions for this problem on page 18; https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/PU8000_IB.compressed.pdf

Phil Myers

No grind changes, no changes at all - i made a superb espresso in the 1st extraction of the morning, then extracted a second when it started spluttering and fluctuating pressure just as it completed the extraction. I ran a third with spluttering and pressure fluctuation from the start so i shut the machine down, waited a while then restarted, same problem for 3 tries, restarted again same problem 2 tries then stopped.

Hello Phil,
Sorry for the delay to reply ...
Could I ask how long have you had this the Torino for? It might need to be sent out for repairs with one of our service agents.

Neil

Neilasked

Hello my Sunbeam Torino is now 3 years old and until a week ago has been perfect however it is now tripping the circuit breaker. Initially only when heating the milk and only after 20-30 seconds of heating. It was not tripping when I extracted my coffee. Now it trips immediately that I turn on the PowerPoint. Suggestions please?

laurelasked

My Sunbeam Torino Coffee machine is less than 12 months old, it has worked well up until recently where now the automatic one and two cup timers continue to pour water for 60seconds and fast, even though a good pressure is obtained in the green range of the bar. On ringing Sunbeam, I was told to take the machine to a service repairer in Hilton WA , who without knowing what is wrong with the machine told me it would take seven weeks to fix. On further questioning they told me they were closed over the Christmas break but usually repairs took between 3 and 4 weeks because they would be waiting for parts, all of this without knowing whats wrong with my machine, when I asked if the machine did not need parts , I was told they usually had a machine for 2 to 3 weeks. Absolutely deplorable service and I did call Sunbeam for trouble shooting advice to start with, non provided, just a phone number to a service centre, and should I add the first number provided was for a place 5 hours drive away. Total disappointment and will not be suggesting anyone buy this machine if this is the sort of after sales care they can expect to receive. Absolute waste of money and now my time to run around trying to get it fixed, simply not good enough

Hello Laurel,
I apologies for the service you have received.
In regards to service agent repair times, this is not something we can control. They are affiliated with us but not our employees. It is also unfortunate that this has happened during the Christmas period, which again is out of our hands and the service agents, it's always a busier time of the year.

If you would like to go ahead with the inspection and possible repair, I would be happy to organize a courier pick up for you and once repaired have it shipped back to your home.

Before we organize all of that - could I ask if you have tried a factory reset?
Because it sounds like the machine is working fine but the pour time has been increased to 60 seconds. Factory reset instructions are on page 23: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/PU8000_IB.compressed.pdf

Please that a try and if it's still not working please contact me again and I'll organize a pick up.

laurel

Thank you for your reply, I had already tried a factory reset as this seemed the obvious issue, but was not the case. Is there a way to reset pour times? I am more than happy to take you up on your offer to organise courier pick up and return once the Christmas break is over for the service team I was put in contact with, I believe this to be the week of the 7th January. No point in having a machine sit in a work shop collecting dust. Please let me know your name so that I can have this offer from you referred to you.

Hello again,
You're welcome Laurel - I will send you a private message now. We will get this sorted out and you coffee happy again in no time.

Stephanie P.

Stephanie P.asked

How long should the CO Clean take? My machine got extremely hot and sat doing nothing (other than getting hotter and hotter) for 10 minutes. Only a small amount of water came through the head at the beginning - is this normal?

Hello Stephanie P.
After starting the coffee clean cycle, there will be a pause, then water will slowly will cycle on and off through the machine for several minutes.
After the coffee clean cycle is completed, the machine will return to READY mode on the LCD display.

The manual states that it will go for several minutes so to me 10 minutes should be the absolute max it will go for, have a read of the process in the manual if it is not preforming as written please send me a DM message and I will organize a repair for you.

Page 29: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/PU8000_IB.compressed.pdf

Stew

Stewasked

What is the warranty period for the Torino PU8000?

I was told by the store sales person that it was 2 years and 5 years for the pump and heat block. But I cant see anywhere this is documented.

Anthony B
Anthony B

I also do t know - but when talking to support they say this is their premium product and will extend the warranty- but to be on point - I really do not know what it is officially

Hello Stew,
Can I ask how long you have had your PU8000?

beebeegee
beebeegee

The manufacturer warranty is secondary to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law. A machine at this price point should provide reliable service for more than 2 years. See the ACCC website about Australian Consumer Law and your rights.

Macca

Maccaasked

How do you clear the clean message back to standby. Ran both clean cycles but can not clear the clean message. Machine set to 180L clean reminder.

Hello Macca,

Jacinta N.asked

My coffee machine keeps pumping out water with all light on and wont stop, only way is to turn the power off. But still does the same thing when you turn the machine back on

Hi Jacinta N,
Please call our team on 1300 881 861 to assist with this.

Judy C.

Judy C.asked

Have purchased new Sunbeam Torino and cannot get pressure up past 2 or 3 bars. Have tried coarser and finer grinds still no pressure any clues please.

Andy
Andy

A finer grind, a bigger dose and firmer tamp all might help. Start with 5 on the Torino grinder, overfill the group handle basket with grinds, level out the loose grinds using the back of a knife or a finger so its flat but loose and level with the top of the basket (excess grinds will end up on your bench), press down with the tamper and you should find the silver bottom of the tamper is just visible when the coffee is compressed. For the double basket it should take around 25 seconds to brew the coffee. You'll probably find the pressure is too high, so then make the grind a little coarser. Once the pressure is right you can start playing with the duration of the brew to affect flavour.

HI Judy C,
Andy's advice is great. It's just a matter of tweaking it until you perfect. You can call us on 1300 881 816 and do some troubleshooting if need be.

Ray G.

Ray G.asked

Hi. We have had our coffee machine for seven weeks. Was going ok. Now we are not getting enough pressure. It goes to about three bars and that’s it. The top of group head gets very very hot after a couple of tries. Any suggestions please.

Hi Ray G,
I need you to call our team on 1300 881 861 so they van go through the procedure with you.

Shannon M.asked

Sunbeam Torino EM8000
Plugged in and power point on.
I press power on the machine and the power button flashes with the blue light.
That’s it. It just keeps flashing and never displays “ready”.
Any ideas?

Jan

Turn it off at the powerpoint . Otherwise ring Sunbeam support.
If out of warranty the service centre in Dandenong Ellis Electrical are the best too service it.

thanks Jan.
i turned off at power point, unplugged it for half an hour then plugged it back in and it did the same thing... will try sunbeam support tomorrow

Brotch

Brotchasked

After cleaning with tablet the 'clean ' indicator is still on. I have cleaned it twice, plus a descaling.

Jan

Same old problem that I am complaining about.. I have had too take mine in every year for a Service too get rid of it.. I have followed all instructions including from the service centre and it still wont go off. Needs service too get rid of it .. and this is my gripe. We should not have too do this. Good luck if your in Victoria you have too go too Ellis Electrical in Dandenong. they are the only ones who service this machine..

Jan

Sunbeam need too admit there is a problem with this machine once and for all..

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Brotch, Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. Please call us 1300 881 861 for further assistance.
Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Tameika

Tameikaasked

Hi my Sunbeam Torino is flashing "no water". I've put more water in the tank and iys still flashing "no water." It is just under 6 months old. Can someone please advise how to fix this issue.

Tameika

Hi Tameika,
This could be the magnet in the water tank that gauges the water level.
As this product is still under the 2 year warranty, please call us on 1300 881 861 so we can assist you.

cosmicy2k

cosmicy2kasked

Hi
My Torino is less than 12months old and the steam wand has stopped working. If you turn the dial it makes the pulsating mechanical noise but nothing is coming out. The wand is clean so it’s not a blockage in the top or wand.
Suggestions?

Hi cosmicy2k,
Sorry to hear this. Please try purging the steam wand/pump by turning the dial on and let it pump for no more than 3 minutes. May just be an air block and into the 3 minutes it may start to kick back in. If this does not resolve it please call us on 1300 881 861 for us to assist you further.

Lauren E.

Lauren E.asked

My machine won’t turn on at all. No lights nothing. Checked power point with other devices and it works fine... any reset buttons or anything I should try???

Brendan
Brendan

I can’t help sorry. We took ours back.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Lauren E, if there is no power to the unit you will need to call our team on 1300 881 861 for further assistance...

lawrence M.

lawrence M.asked

My Machine is just running water out of the head. the 1cup and 2 cup lights are on. What do i do

Hi lawrence M.
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. For further assistance please call us on 1300 881 861 and we would love to assist you further.

Annie

The same is happening with mine. Are there any tips to try as Sunbeam aren't opened on a Saturday unfortunately and people are busy

Terry Mack

Terry Mackasked

I unpacked my Torino Coffee Machine today. It was purchased from Sunbeam Nunawading last Monday. Until now I have had a Sunbeam E Series for more than 10 years.
I cannot get the steam function to work at all. I have looked at all the tutorials, to no avail.
Can you help. It is a 3 hour journey to Nunawading to take it back!
Terry McKiterick, Echuca, Victoria

Hi Terry Mack,
Thank you for your question regarding your Torino. Being a brand new unit - it may need a bit if a jump start. We suggest running the steam pump continually for 3 minutes maximum. if this does not get the steam going please try running the steam for 20 seconds then remove the water tank - while pump still running- for a further 20 seconds. Then replace the water tank with force. This can push through any air blockages and also awaken the valve connecting the tank to the unit. If this does not resolve - please call us on 1300 881 861 and we would love to assist you further.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives