Temple & Webster Questions & Answers

4.3 from 2,890 reviews

124 questions from our users

Meg S.

Meg S.asked

I recently ordered a hammock from you guys and was charged the right amount from it but since then there has been two or three more transactions gone through on my card from you guys withdrawing $0.01. Why is this happening?

Hi Meg,

I have sent you a private message so we can investigate this further. Looking forward to hear from you soon.

pauline

paulineasked

why doesn't your courier text to advise when they're approaching the delivery address???

Hi Pauline,

Their demanding schedules may not always allow for drivers to offer a detailed time frame. Hence, we always recommend nominating a delivery address that's most suitable during business hours or alternatively, provide an Authority To Leave instruction for the driver to leave goods on the property if it's safe to do so such as by the front door or carport etc. We also send dispatch emails with tracking links which will give you a more accurate grasp on the whereabouts of your delivery.

I hope this information has been helpful and if you require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Ch Masked

Is this a scam site?
No phone contact, no response to emails after days, no tracking responses, no product delivery after almost a week?

karinhampson1
karinhampson1

It seems a bit that way. I think their customer service is based overseas so it's all by email and you wait days for a reply. The replies are also very automated, same reply 3 times over, each time from a different representative. It's very painful to try and return something. I regret buying from this website. Once my rug situation is sorted out, I will never buy from this company again.

Hello Charles,

We tried to call you earlier to discuss the progress of your orders but you were unavailable at the time.

We wish to extend our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused when trying to track the whereabouts of the goods. If you can please check your email, we've sent you something in relation to their current delivery status.

Moreover, to answer the question, we have several avenues for contact which are all available for assistance. You can reach us via our LiveChat support on our website, call us on 1300 900 675, or send us an email via our Help page: https://www.templeandwebster.com.au/help/faq.php

We hope to hear from you soon on the last email we sent.

Ch M

Need to separate marketing hype from facts within forums like these..
Facts: a) two support requests opened zero response in 2 days, this reality is clearly unacceptable..
b) wasted hours in overseas phone centers with zero progress only excuses as to why nothing is Temple & Websters problem, despite a commitment to delivery by the 27th Sept this is the 2nd of oct and your call center simply has excuses but refuses to take any responablity for its products or delivery.
c) live chat does not exist and most likely would go to same as call center ( my guess)..

Please understand the reality for your customers, as demonstrated with actual examples in this forum, and please address the systemic issues rather than simply "posting the same tired and canned responses"..
I suggest Temple & Webster listen to its customers and actually take responablity for the systemic failures identified herein.

I would also respectfully suggest one cease use of Allied Express for your shipments goods sitting in depots for over 4 days with zero action is unacceptable for any online store of any type, just a suggestion.

At this point no goods and approaching a week, online stores line Appliances online deliver next day and have a easy to use track system that just works, hence it is posable, but the realty is Temple & Websters is an abject failure.
The proof is in the eating not the marketing..
Hope some progress will happen soon..

Seachange704asked

I recieved an order today , an ivory Mason Hand-Tufted Wool Rug
QTY: 1

SKU: TPWT2823
I love it but it absolutely stinks and is smelling out the whole room. I've opened all windows and doors for the day. If its still smelling in a week can I return it . Its too heavy for me to drag outside and air it , also I live near a beach so it would end up with salt air thru it any suggestions.
Cheers

Fiona

JeanH
JeanH

Email the customer care team and ask for their help. I’ve just had to return something and they were very helpful. Good luck

Adam M.Temple & Webster

Hello Seachange704, We're sorry to know that the recent purchase has brought some unseemly issues.
I've sent you a private message to ask for your order details and trust that we'll be able to reach a satisfying resolution soon.

Resident of Little Manly

Resident of Little Manlyasked

Temple and Webster failed to process my refund. The item was returned in August and the refund was allegedly processed on 30th of August. It still hasn't been credited on my card. Multiple calls and emails to Temple and Webster - no results. I need to take them to Fair Trading. Beware of dodgy returns. Will never shop there again.

Hi there,
We're terribly sorry for the delayed response in your query. I have since responded to your email. If there's anything else we can do to turn around this whole experience, please don't hesitate to let me know on the said email. We'll be eagerly waiting for your next response.

Ken O.

Ken O.asked

I need to speak to someone

MaryW
MaryW

02 82643200

Good morning, Ken.

Is this regarding an order or pre-sale enquiry?

You can also utilise our LiveChat function on our website. Our chat support team is more than happy to help; just look for the chat bubbleheads situated at the bottom of most site pages. Alternatively, you can drop us a message via our Help section: https://www.templeandwebster.com.au/help/faq.php Hope this helps!

If there's anything you'd like for us to assist you with, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Ch M

There is no chat on any page footer??

Bianca d.

Bianca d.asked

Can I choose a time for delivery? As I work full time and live alone

Hello Bianca,

Thanks for the enquiry!

For reasons outside of Temple & Webster's control, unfortunately ​most carriers do not call prior to delivery, nor are we able to request a specific delivery date/time due to strict driver schedules. Drivers typically operate on weekdays during standard business hours.

In the event that no one is available to accept delivery at the nominated address, the driver will leave a calling card with the carrier contact details and any instructions allowing you to reschedule on a day that suits both parties.

Upon placing the order, you will also have an option to authorise the driver to leave goods unattended assuming it's safe to do so, for example by the front door or side of house, away from street view and protected from the weather.

If you require any further assistance, you can drop us a message via our Help section: https://www.templeandwebster.com.au/help/faq.php

Hope this helps!

Denise P

Denise Pasked

Hi there, I am wondering if you ship to Perth.
I am looking at purchasing a bed frame.

Hello Denise,

Thanks for your enquiry!

Yes, we do ship most bed frames to Perth.

To check what will be the shipping fee, kindly log onto our website, add your preferred bed to cart, then go to Shopping Cart. Once there, find the radio box to key in your postcode. The shipping fee will appear immediately.

Please note that shipping fees vary depending on how far the supplier's warehouse is from your area and the overall weight and box dimensions that the bedframe will be delivered in.

For more on our Delivery Terms, please see the following link: https://www.templeandwebster.com.au/customerservice/general_info.php#terms

I hope this information is helpful and do let us know how else we can assist you.

Anneasked

The curved tub chair in blue - called Milan direct. Price $169. Is it fabric or vinyl? Anne.

Hello Anne,

Thanks for your enquiry.

The Curved Tub Chair by Milan Direct (SKU #: TPWT1285) is made of full PU leather. This means it's fully covered with "commercial-grade synthetic leather chair", that's easy to clean and maintain.

I hope this information is helpful and if you need further details, please don't hesitate to engage conversation with our LiveChat support team, who's available from 8 am to 10 pm on weekdays, 9 am to 6 pm on weekends.

Thank you Adam.

Deb

Debasked

How do I make a return

Hello Deb,

We'd like to encourage you to reach out to our helpful Customer Care team should you wish to make a return. You can drop us a message via our Help page: https://www.templeandwebster.com.au/help/faq.php

You can also access your orders via your My Account and go to My Orders. Click on the Order Details, you'll then be directed to a new page and you'll see "Return Items".

Alternatively, you can call us on 1300 900 675 if you wish to discuss over the phone. Our helpful Customer Care support is available from 8am to 6pm, Mondays to Fridays. Kindly have your order number ready.

I hope this information is helpful!

George

Georgeasked

Id like to know where in Sydney I could go to view a Classico single lever sink mixer? I know its supllied in a place in Rockdale but I live in Hornsby.
cheers George

Hello George,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Temple & Webster is purely an online retail store, save for our Richmond, VIC pop up store which showcases a limited range of items.

The Classico Single Sink Mixer will need to be ordered online, through our website.

Placing an order online is easy; kindly add the item to your cart, key in your postcode, and see the shipping costs. Once you're ready to finalise the order, just hit the Checkout option.

Hope this helps!

Shannen

Shannenasked

Hi I need to change a delivery address. Please email me

Hello Shannen,

Thanks for your enquiry.

We'd like to encourage you to reach out to our helpful Customer Care team should you need assistance. You can drop us a message via our Help page: https://www.templeandwebster.com.au/help/faq.php

You can also utilise our Live Chat function which can be accessed through any page of our website. Just look for the chat head. This is live from 9am to 9pm on weekdays, and 9am to 6pm on weekends.

I hope this information is helpful.

Linora

Linoraasked

Do you deliver to narwee 2209every day and what is the cost.lyn

Hello Lyn,

Thanks for your query.

Shipping costs actually vary depending on where the supplier's location is and how far it is from your area.

To know how much your shipping cost is, please add your desired items to cart, visit your cart, and enter your postcode. The shipping fees will appear immediately.

Please know that for large furniture, not all postcodes can be accommodated. Our White-Glove service, in instance, can only deliver to limited areas. We can, however, look into this and check if there's anything we can arrange for you.

Vanessa DiG

Vanessa DiGasked

Any plans to open up a warehouse in Brisbane?

Hello Vanessa,

Thanks for expessing interest to view our beautiful products.

As of the moment, we don't have imminent plans to open a pop-up shop in Brisbane yet. If you happen to visit Melbourne or have a relative there, you can direct them to visit our pop-up shop in Richmond. More details can be read here: https://www.templeandwebster.com.au/Showroom-C1954436.html

We understand seeing the actual product is different from viewing the online images, so if you proceed with the order, we have a Returns Policy to accommodate product returns that you feel are unsuitable for your home.

Our change-of-mind return policy can be read more in detail here: https://www.templeandwebster.com.au/customerservice/general_info.php#returns

I hope this helps.

john36

john36asked

Why are your shipping costs so high,compared to other companies.

Hi john36,

Our shipping costs are calculated according to the combined weight, volume and distance travelled to have goods delivered by Australia's leading couriers. We are not the traditional furniture shop that houses all products in a single warehouse. Every order made is shipped directly from its respective supplier's warehouse.

Rest assured that if you have any particular shipping cost concerns, please feel free to contact our friendly customer support team via the website contact page www.templeandwebster.com.au/contact for review.

Mawasti S.
Mawasti S.

How long is the shipping to newcastle nsw?

Megsasked

Can I organise my own courier to pick up? Allied are ridiculously unorganised/ unreliable and expensive

Jay
Jay

No you don’t get a choice. They are terrible! Our delivery turned up 3 days earlier than what they guaranteed and then they made us reschedule the new delivery day and still they couldnt guarantee a day it would turn up :/ I am never shopping with them again purely for this reason.

Megs

Thanks for your answer. I want a sofa but refuse to pay over $700 freight to Broken Hill when I can organise it cheaper.

Adam M.Temple & Webster

Hi Megs, our suppliers ship orders directly from their respective warehouses and at this present time, not set up to facilitate individual shipping arrangements. We apologise for any disappointment.

Ane

Karen

Karenasked

If I order a wooden doll pram tonight, how long will it take to be shipped to Brisbane

TinaB
TinaB

My order had arrived within 2 weeks.

Hello Karen,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Delivery timeframe is 2-7 business days from the time that the item leaves the supplier's warehouse. For your convenience, when an item is dispatched from the supplier's warehouse, you will receive a shipping email with a tracking link to click and follow. Please keep an eye on your junk folder as these tracking emails are the best way to stay in touch with the delivery progress of an item and determine the anticipated delivery date.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if there is anything else.

Janice

lynielaw

lynielawasked

Hi i wanting to know if the convection oven with hotplates do the oven & hotplates work together?

Hello lynielaw,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Yes, the Convection Oven with Hotplates (SKU code: DWHO1061) does work because convection ovens have fan-based technology which means the heat it will expel from inside will be absorbed by the hotplates.

This, in turn, saves both energy and time-consuming heating of food.

I hope this helps, but we'd also like to encourage you to reach out to our helpful Customer Care team should you need assistance. You can drop us a message via our Help page: https://www.templeandwebster.com.au/help/faq.php

Vanessa J.

Vanessa J.asked

Has anyone else had trouble with delivery? My order left the warehouse 7 days ago. It made it to SA (which is the delivery state) where it sat for 3 days before being freighted to WA where it has now been for 2 days. Really disappointed especially when you pay a decent amount for delivery!

Adam M.Temple & Webster

Hi Vanessa, With most of our dispatching warehouses based on the east coast, standard delivery to WA can take up to 10 business days subject to your delivery location and the carrier's scheduled runs. Please send us a PM with your order number and email address so that we can review the specifics of your order.

Ane

Marjorie M.

Marjorie M.asked

Stone Cumulus 3 Seated

Kieran Brazil
Kieran Brazil

Whats the question sorry?

Hi Marjorie,

How can we help you with the Stone Cumulus 3 Seated? If you can please provide a detailed question for this, I'd be glad to provide the answer for you.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team via the Help Page at: https://www.templeandwebster.com.au/help/faq.php

Hoping to hear from you soon!

Regards,