The Good Guys Questions & Answers

48 questions from our users

Howlin

Howlinasked

The Good Guys

I've received SMS to access my online invoice, it sends SMS code to my mobile to verify, I clicked "Send the code" and waited few minutes, no SMS showed up, then I tried few more times, still no SMS. After about 10 minutes, several SMS showed up with the code... Then all codes are expired. (I guess it is mobile provider issue). But then I try to get SMS code again, I got "You have exceeded the allowed code attempts. Please try again later." on the site. I know I may have tried too many times, but how can I get it again? How long should I wait? Anyone else had this issue?

Makare

Makareasked

The Good Guys

What happened to the 'review' under the title 'Black and White Beauty? Seemed to be asking heaps of questions. If you don't watch it, you loose what you've started and have to do all over again. There was no confirmation made, so don't know what on earth happened to the review, thought they're meant to be important to you guys.

Kody D.

Kody D.asked

The Good Guys

How do I track my order?

Kody D.

Kody D.asked

The Good Guys

Who delivers for the good guys?

contract owner drivers

bill bayley
bill bayley

all contractors thats why deliveries are so bad

Ella Fox

Ella Foxasked

The Good Guys

I want to complete order & pay by visa card. Would you prefer a pay pal transaction?

broccoli 345

broccoli 345asked

Online store

Have you gotten a refund?
I’ve always had pleasant experiences in store but due to current COVID19 measures, we can only order online.
I bought an iPad half an hour ago, card was debited, but an error message came up on screen. Took a screenshot of both NAB app and payment screen. Reading these reviews make me fear that my money is going down the drain :(

Angelica L.
Angelica L.

Nothing

Peter

Peterasked

The Good Guys

Why are you so dear now since you've been taken over

Kay

Kayasked

Online store

I bought a supposedly new washing machine that had disgusting brown residue inside and on the hose, and when I called and emailed I was apparently only entitled to a new hose rather than a new machine which is what I paid for? Can someone please explain this logic. Otherwise I would rather return it and buy elsewhere so that I can actually get what I’ve paid for

Marg S

I bought a 'new' Simpson top loader 2 weeks ago. Unpacking it and water ran out of it.

ALBERT M.

ALBERT M.asked

The Good Guys

I am looking for a reverse cycle air conditioner for a bedroom 4.3m x 3.4m. Any help?

Joanne

Joanne asked

The Good Guys

I bought a Dyson V8 animal yesterday and did not realise that the V8 absolute would suit my needs better am I able to return the V8 animal it has not been unpackaged in anyway and I have the pain

thomas p
thomas p

You need to contact the store

john N

john Nasked

The Good Guys

how much use before recharging necessary

Recharging What

Depends on usage volumes

Robert

Robertasked

I'm having trouble where's my Navman can I return it to Wagga store

john smith

Contact the store & ask them

Angelika K.asked

The Good Guys

Does anyone know anything about computer or tablet encription at purchase.
Was told that it makes a return impossible.
My info was loaded into tablet....by salesman at purchase...without my concent.

Unhappy
Unhappy

That’s not true as all computers can be set back to factory settings so would effectively erase anything that was entered in store

george
george

They just dont want you to return it. contact Consumer affairs

P.Shrestha
P.Shrestha

If you forget password set to the device which disables reset or factory reset feature to return the device into its original state or prevents to delete the information within the device for some privacy policy they might have, they might refuse repair or return. Not too sure if that explains your situation.

Angelika K.asked

Physical store

Bought a Samsung tablet at the GG today.
Went for help with old tablet....which stopped working.
Was given bad advice and railroaded into purchasing new device .
My old tablet information was all down loaded without my permission.
Was never asked if l wanted to purchase.
I'm a pensioner ....and feel taken advantage of.....missinformed......railroaded....bullied....coerced into a purchase.....which l didn't need in the end .
This was a hard sell and borders on manipulation and deception to force a sale.
What can l do?

Fired Up

Suggest you contact your local consumer affairs

george murray
george murray

Complain

Angelika K.

Thank you for ypur suggestions.
I went straight back to state my position .....Including how l felt railroaded....Infront of the store manager.
I was basically dismissed....On the grounds of encryption by samsung of the tablet....Of my name ownership and identity....Makies it impossible to return.
I politely explained how l felt whilst being railroaded ....And explained that it was not ok to take over...The way the sales person did.
To use my lack of technical knowledge. ...And help requiring inferior and vulneracle position....As well as failing to inform me of the cosequences if he went ahead with the transaction...... Or actually tell me that this is the point of no return...Or actually ask me if l want to go ahead with the purchase....Is railroading shoddy salesmanship.
This I would expect from a dodgy car salesman...But not from a reputable store ....Who call themselves
The good guys.
Is the information on encription actually true?
Has anyone else ever expeienced similar sales tactics?
Who could l contact above the floor manager.
I feel the young man needs to be educated......To stop this from happening to someone else.

Mark N

Mark Nasked

The Good Guys

Do you carry Parrot CK3100 hands free system for cars?

minni

no i dont, but but if you contact the store or go in & have a look you might find what you are looking for

Fired Up

No I dont but HN might. Try calling them directly rather than asking a Review site

Jane

Janeasked

The Good Guys

I purchased a stove had it deliver and installed and then noticed it is not fan forced it has not been used can I upgrade to a fan forced one

adelaide
adelaide

You would have to ask the people who you bought it of

minni

Why ask the question here have you thought about contacting the store?

Fired Up

No as it is change of mind

Maggie

Maggieasked

The Good Guys

When y ou deliver a new appliace can you remove the old one?

minni

this is NOT the good guys & they dont read these reviews Have you thought about contacting the store & asking them The general public is not going to answer your question

No I can’t

Aaron D.

Aaron D.asked

The Good Guys

I just bought a brand tv and it flickering? What do I need to get a refund or a replacement

the 1st step would be to contact the store

Fired Up

Contact the company rather than expect the public to resolve

Ted W.asked

The Good Guys

can i record back to dvd disk

southerngirl62
southerngirl62

From what device?

Xw440

Fired Up

Has nothing to do with this company

Johnnyboy

Johnnyboyasked

The Good Guys

Hi I just bought a dishwasher and got the wrong measurements so I need to get a smaller one. I have repackaged the dishwasher in decent condition and obviously not used. Will gg happily change this to a different size??

DavidH9000
DavidH9000

Just ring them and ask but I would not be surprised if they do. They may charge delivery if you dont swap it over yourself though. I am not a Good guys employee, just a very happy customer.

micheal
micheal

The go is to contact the store & ask them its the only way you are going to get the correct information

Other Appliance Retailers