The Good Guys Questions & Answers

35 questions from our users

Jane

Janeasked

The Good Guys

I purchased a stove had it deliver and installed and then noticed it is not fan forced it has not been used can I upgrade to a fan forced one

adelaide
adelaide

You would have to ask the people who you bought it of

tony

Why ask the question here have you thought about contacting the store?

fred f

No as it is change of mind

Maggie

Maggieasked

The Good Guys

When y ou deliver a new appliace can you remove the old one?

tony

this is NOT the good guys & they dont read these reviews Have you thought about contacting the store & asking them The general public is not going to answer your question

No I can’t

Aaron D.

Aaron D.asked

The Good Guys

I just bought a brand tv and it flickering? What do I need to get a refund or a replacement

john smith
john smith

the 1st step would be to contact the store

Ted W.asked

The Good Guys

can i record back to dvd disk

southerngirl62
southerngirl62

From what device?

Xw440

Johnnyboy

Johnnyboyasked

The Good Guys

Hi I just bought a dishwasher and got the wrong measurements so I need to get a smaller one. I have repackaged the dishwasher in decent condition and obviously not used. Will gg happily change this to a different size??

DavidH9000
DavidH9000

Just ring them and ask but I would not be surprised if they do. They may charge delivery if you dont swap it over yourself though. I am not a Good guys employee, just a very happy customer.

jkl

The go is to contact the store & ask them its the only way you are going to get the correct information

Mark Fulton

Mark Fultonasked

Do you have iPhone7 for sale

Morris P.asked

The Good Guys

I would like to know if this Crosley is brand new and dose it have track separation a s I would like buy it if possible.

Morris Part

Morris P.asked

The Good Guys

dose this item have track seporation

Morris P.

I would like to know if the Crosley stereo has track seporation

is this Crosley brand new

Cathyasked

The Good Guys

Interested to know if people who worked for The Good Guys were pushed into selling extended warrenty and making returns difficult.

ben dover
ben dover

Yes of course how do you think they make money? they make huge commissions out of selling extended warranties, they get more out of that than what they make out of the products they sell. the company & the salesperson get a kickback for the life of the extended warranty & making returns difficult again so they make $$$ & not lose anything

Cathy

Oh of course, we all know it. I need statements from actual employees contesting to it.

Nicole
Nicole

I don’t work for the good guys, I do work for JB HI FI. (who own the good guys) As a salesperson you make between $2 - $20 selling an extended warranty. It is more about fulfilling the key performance indicator of selling the warranties than the money. - when we meet the KPI, managers get off our backs. In regards to refunds, if the product isn’t quite right I always try to find out if there is another product that would maybe have suited the customer better, before reselling the same product. If the customer is after a refund then we are happy to oblige, especially if the item is unopened, if the item is opened but still has the box, that’s usually fine too so long as it is resealable condition. If the item is faulty we follow ACCC framework to ensure we are offering the customer the correct resolution in line with our legal obligation. I know that returning things is a vastly different story at the good guys though- they will charge their own staff a 20% restocking fee for a change of mind refund. I once paid for something and changed my mind (item was new in the box and hadn’t left the store). I ended up reselling the item online because they refused to waive the fee, even though I’d ordered the wrong item by mistake.. and was still planning to order the right item from them... so yeah. Good guys are a bit rough.

Baz

Bazasked

The Good Guys

Is it safe to buy online from the good guys or not?

Goldygai
Goldygai

From my review of the overall service of Good Guys, I would not be giving them anymore business. It is understandable why on the Gold Coast Harvey Norman & Domayne do well .... those stores meet a competitor's price, and offer service as soon as the customer walks in the door, even if they are a times a bit pushy. I can't see any problem buying online from a reputable company if the appliance comes with the appropriate warranties.

Shopper2015
Shopper2015

yes it is safe. however you may encounter problems or issues with them when ordering online. You may not receive your stock, which means then you have to wait a number of days to get your Refund. If you find a good price on good guys advertised you can go to other stores near you and they will price match. After they canceled my order it took a few days for me to get my money back but in the meantime I went to bing lee and got a price match and got what I wanted

Theresa
Theresa

I have not purchased online from the Good Guys. After my experiences with the company I will be searching for similar price elsewhere.
Their online may be ok but reading lots of the reviews the service overall is very poor and therefore would be hesitant.

Chris

Chrisasked

The Good Guys

Do you have any home help available to rectify human problems?

Paul Walters
Paul Walters

Sounds like an expensive question to ask how many humans do you need to rectify.
Are you looking for a permanent solution lol

Laetitia E

Laetitia Easked

The Good Guys

Does the good guys still do layby in store?

Yasmin

Yasminasked

The Good Guys

For how long is good guys hold a item?

Rainbow Parrot

Rainbow Parrotasked

The Good Guys

What was your experience as a customer at JB HI FI stores compared with the Good Guys/ Harvey Norman/ Bing Lee etc.?

Tilley
Tilley

Their prices are pretty expensive, I usually buy stuff when they are in the sale by that time I never had an issue with them, most of the time pleasant customer support even fast item dispatch.

To tell you the the truth the competition is so fierce that the difference in price is only marginal.
The trick is to wait for last years best to be discounted because a newer model is on the market.
Whatever nobody wants is discounted and are the real bargains.
I wont shop online because their customer feedback is really really bad.
Its like the wild west shoppinng online
And refunds..forget about it.
Customer service from robots online.
Thats a joke.

I haven't shopped at Harvey Norman or Bing Lee. I have always found the staff at JB/Good Guys to be very helpful.

Anh dao

Anh daoasked

The Good Guys

Hi. I bought a microwave in good guys on october last year under my sister's name ANH DAO. But it has some problem and didn't work at all. But i can't find the received of that one. And i still remember it still in guarantee and i bought insurances for that as well. I want to change the other one. So what i need to now? Thanks

Saddle Saw

Without ***Proof of Purchse*** (usually the invoice) you can't do anything.

Saddle Saw

If you paid with PayPal you will have all the details of the sale on the PayPal account. You will need to prove you own the PayPal account to proceed.

Maryanne

Maryanneasked

The Good Guys

How do l make a concierge claim?

Ppp
Ppp

Call concierge or pop into store and staff can do it for you. Ring the store and get their phone number for concierge

Miss Macka

Miss Mackaasked

The Good Guys

Do these guys still not do layby?

Mill

Millasked

The Good Guys

Hey guys.. itodsy I bought a new Up laptop but overall I'm unhappy with the product.. it's been very laggy during setup and after also.. the speakers feel weak and voice is also laggy to understand... user interface also feels very tiny (they didn't have a sample product to see).. can I take this back for a refund?

Saddle Saw

If it works and does the main thing a computer does (compute) and is usable, then it comes down to change of mind. It's up to you to check out the appliance specs pre purchase. Some are better than others.

Re change of mind return? Completely up to the store how they handle it and what they offer. Have you thought about upgrading to a more expensive item for example? Is this item in brand new condition that can be resold?

Izzy

Izzyasked

The Good Guys

What can i do with a new faulty returned tv on which there has been no communication or service feom dubbo store? I have now collected faulty tv tto take to your head office. Passive silence is not rh e answer from your staff. I am an aged pensioner and purchased tv on special last Sept. Tried to set up when i got a place to stay in Dec.TV was dead. Returned Dec as new in original box.My email is isobelmurtagh@mail.com or ph 0432345819