Thermann X Hybrid Heat Pump

Thermann X Hybrid Heat Pump Questions & Answers

Joanna S. · X Hybrid Heat Pump

Have a new 300 hybrid unit installed for 2 weeks - tonight no hot water be code 512 and displaying a spanner…. For $5k I would have thought we would get a bit more than 2 weeks before a cold shower…..any tricks to fix it while we wait for a service person - looks like it’s a while from other posts….

Thermann   DM

Hello Joanna, Thank you for your inquiry, we are very keen to provide a positive experience for you and your Thermann unit.

If you are able to provide your full details (full name, address of installation, mobile number, email address) and a photo of the compliance sticker from the side of the hot water system (will display model number, power information etc) emailed to update@thermann.com.au.

We will arrange for a service technician to attend to resolve this for you as soon as possible.

Joanna S.

Thanks for your reply!! I was onto Reece first thing this morning and then your office reached out, we have a tech coming in the morning. Let’s hope it’s a 1 off issue.

Peter K.
Peter K. · X Hybrid Heat Pump 300L

I am so over this rubbish, 9 days out from christmas and 7 extras coming to stay and it has crap itself again, 3rd or 4th time in not yet 4 years. same issue, seal in top element gone.
last time took about 3 weeks to fix. When it works it is great but this issue is beyond a joke. who is going to pay when it runs out of warranty, refused to discuss this last time it failed.
Not good enough Stiebel Eltron, about time you sorted this recurrent issue permanently.
I would not recommend these to anybody.

Thermann   DM

Hello Peter, Thank you for your inquiry, we are very keen to provide a positive experience for you and your Thermann unit. So we can best resolve this issue for you, could you please send your contact details to update@thermann.com.au where one of our experienced Thermann product specialists will contact you directly. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Chantel P.
Chantel P. · X Hybrid Heat Pump

We have just purchased 2 weeks ago at Thermann hybrid 220l. We are getting a fault code 512. Any advice

Thermann   DM

Hi Chantel P, Thank you for your inquiry, we are very keen to provide a positive experience for you and your Thermann unit.

Fault code '512' is listed as a fault occurring in the refrigerant circuit.

Thu Ha D. · X Hybrid Heat Pump

Can I adjust temperature with Thermann hybrid heat pump 300 and how I can do it ? Thanks

David

As a Thermann user I am not aware of any ability to set the temperature, however I know that the service technicians can see, and I suspect adjust the temperature setting with the software they use to connect to the unit to check for any stored fault history (only available on recent control boards). I believe my unit is set to 66 degrees, and I expect this will be the standard.
Legally there needs to be a tempering valve installed between the water heater and the hot water plumbing in the house, I believe these are set to a temperature in the forties (46 I think), thus a 300 litre tank heated to 66 degrees (near the top) is capable of delivering about 500l of water at the temperature set by the tempering valve.
In my experience when the unit is working well which mine now is we can run a house of six, having generous showers and not notice any degradation in temperature throughout the day.
I hope this helps.

Thu Ha D.

Thank you for your information. We just moved to new house and we received electric bill -950$ ( 3 months winter). We just two people and use hot water for taking shower in the morning. We don’t know what we can do

Martin Gwynne · X Hybrid Heat Pump 300L

Hi we have had the 300 hybrid unit for 8 months now. It has been coming up with the red spanner fault code. I have rung to get it corrected about 5 times now. I have managed to get it to reset by turning it off and back on again and that gets us hot water again. But your service types won’t come and look at it till there is a hard up fault. So it is now in fault yes the dreaded red spanner of cold water. It happened last Thursday (it’s Sunday now) I reported it on Friday morning and was told that the service types would be in contact. I’m getting pretty frustrated as I also had a heart attack last Saturday and require a fair bit of assistance.
So read from that last statement that I am very unimpressed just to say it nicely.
Come on guys.

David

Hi Martin, sorry to hear you are unwell, I hope you feel better soon.
I have been experiencing a similar problem, except mine does not get the red spanner. I have now convinced them the red light is not important to me, all I want is hot water. I am now waiting to hear from a service tech, it has taken six weeks of cold showers to get this far.
BTW, the five year warranty is practically meaningless, most of the unit appears to be made to last two years, and has a two year warranty.

Martin Gwynne

Well the warranty dude came and actually knew what he was doing and problem is fixed. There was a faulty temperature sensor. He had one and put it in and all done. He said he has replaced a lot of them recently. But said that the units were a fantastic unit. So that is a great outcome for us. It’s so good to get someone who knows what to do and could do it there and then.
Very happy camper today.

Kerrie
Kerrie · X Hybrid Heat Pump

Hi, we have the THP45x315. We have it programmed to run for only 2 hrs/day and that gives heaps of hot water. We are totally off grid and would like to know what the Kw total would be for the day. Concerned it is too power hungry for our solar system. Cheers Adele

Thermann   DM

Hello Kerrie, If you could please provide us with your contact details via update@thermann.com.au one of our Thermann Technical Specialists can assist you with the power consumption question.

Susan
Susan · X Hybrid Heat Pump

we have the Thermann X hybrid 300 but are only a couple so dont need it to be heating all the time as 2 x 5 min showers is all we do most days.
it heats with the fan for about 5 hours each day and at different times so my question is can is there a timer that can be set so it isnt driving us crazy with the noise???

Thermann   DM

Hi Susan, Thank you for your inquiry, we are very keen to provide a positive experience for you and your Thermann unit.

The Hybrid model heat pumps do not have a built in timer but can be setup in a way that allows the units to only run during daylight hours (assisting in the reduction of noise during overnight periods). This process does require a licensed electrician to set this up and the process can be found in our Installers Guide. If you require a copy, please reach out to update@thermann.com.au

Claudia
Claudia · X Hybrid Heat Pump

My electrician is suggesting a switch with a timer in the switchboard to take advantage of the kWh day tariff. This timer would be set to ON from 9am to 3pm. Is this OK and are there other things to pay attention to? Thanks, Claudia

Thermann   DM

Hello Claudia, Thank you for your inquiry, we are very keen to provide a positive experience for you and your Thermann unit. So we can best resolve this issue for you, could you please send your contact details to update@thermann.com.au where one of our experienced Thermann product specialists will contact you directly. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

TJS · X Hybrid Heat Pump

Intermittent problem: Split system runs out of hot water during the first shower even after a night of initiating a recharge. Unit installed 10 months ago. There are only two people using the biggest heat pump split system. Very keen to get this resolved

Thermann   DM

Hi TJS, Thank you for your inquiry, we are very keen to provide a positive experience for you and your Thermann unit. So we can best resolve this issue for you, could you please send your contact details to update@thermann.com.au where one of our experienced Thermann product specialists will contact you directly. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

My contact details are
Tim Spittle
36 Beefeater Street
Deloraine 7304
tjspittle@bigpond.com

Bronob · X Hybrid Heat Pump

Hello
I will be away for >2 months. I want to turn the X Hybrid HWS off for that time. What is the recommended procedure?
Russell

Thermann   DM

Hello Bronob, Thanks for your question. If you could get in touch with us via update@thermann.com.au we can assist you further.

Kinds regards,

Warren
Warren

Hi Russell. Same as any other Hot water Service. Turn off tap suppling water to unit. Then turn off power at Circuit Breaker.
To turn back on when you get back. Turn on tap suppling water to unit. Open a hot water tap in the house and leave on till water is coming out. ( ensuring tank is full). Then turn on circuit breaker. If you need hot water quickly you can push the button on face of unit to turn electric element on.

Thanks Warren
The book mentions a NiMH battery that keeps the impressed current anode healthy. It will go totally flat and not respond to recharge when the power is back on?

Thermann   DM

Hi Bronob & Warren, These units do have a power impressed anode that requires a constant power supply to ensure longevity of the cylinder and protect it from increased corrosion rates.

Details on how to do this can be found in the Installer's Guide for the product that we will send through to you via your email at thermann.com.au. Please note, this will need to be completed by a licenced electrician.

Kinds regards,

Beatrice
Beatrice · X Hybrid Heat Pump 300L

I am considering the Thermann X Hybrid Heat Pump system but cannot find any mention on the specifications list of noise level when operating . Please can you advise the DB rating for both the 220L and the 300L.

Thermann   DM

Hi Beatrice, Thank you for reaching out the Thermann Hot Water. The range of Thermann X Hybrid Heat Pump products runs at a very quiet 45dB (average sound pressure level at 1m distance) for both the 220L and 300L models

Kind Regards,

Dunc M
Dunc M · X Hybrid Heat Pump

I am looking at installing a heat pump hot water system to a rural location, with only rain water tanks as the water supply. My water pressure is supplied by a header tank (2000litres) located 10 metres above the outlet sites (ie at the roof line). Is the Therman suitable - as I heard somewhere that the water supply must be greater than 2 Bar, while I only have 1 Bar pressure?

Thermann   DM

Hello Dunc, Thanks for your question regarding your Thermann Hybrid Heat Pump and the water supply pressure of 1 bar or 100 kPa. As long as the tank of the Hybrid can fill, the unit will heat up. We recommend consulting with a licensed plumber to ascertain whether the available pressure is suitable for the premises, or whether additional boosting may be required.

Please let us know if you have any further queries or whether you need any of the above ideas clarified via an email to update@thermann.com.au with your contact details and "Header Tank" as the subject line.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Wally N.
Wally N. · X Hybrid Heat Pump

Hi. Two people in the Hm. Keep running out of hot water! Ever night after washing the dishes no hot water? I have a friend with a hot water heat pump a family of four never runs out of hot water! Should I use the booster every night? The plumber doesn’t think there is a problem. I paid Hm around $5000 for the job! The 15 year old gas water system was much better! The unit has a sight bend from uneven surface . What can I do? Thank you

Thermann   DM

Hi Wally N. Thanks for your question regarding your Thermann Hybrid Heat Pump. We're sorry to hear you're running out of water and would like to look into this more for you. Please send an email to update@thermann.com.au with your contact details and "Wally N product review" in the subject line, and one of our technical specialists will be in touch to discuss your circumstance and assist in providing a solution.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Supicha N.
Supicha N.

Same problem, I only installed 11 months ago. How can we fix this problem?

Thermann   DM

Hi Supicha N, If you would like to email us your contact details and a brief summary of the issues you're experiencing to update@thermann.com.au one of our technical specialists will contact you for more information and assist in providing a solution.

Thanks,

anon
anon · X Hybrid Heat Pump

Does the Thermann hybrid heat pump 300 qualify for a rebate in WA?

Thermann   DM

Hello, Thank you for contacting Thermann Hot Water. I’m Chris- one of the Thermann Product Specialists and I would be more than happy to assist with your enquiry. The Thermann Hybrid does qualify for STC in WA. If you could get in touch via Update@Thermann.com.au

If there is anything else I can assist with please reach out.

Derek A. · X Hybrid Heat Pump

we just had a Thurmann x Hybrid Heat Pump 220 installed . Is it normal that the water temperature is just hot ?

Thermann   DM

Hi Derek A, thank you for your inquiry, could you please provide more details in regards to your question, or if you would prefer speaking to a Thermann product specialist, please provide your contact details update@thermann.com.au and we would be happy to assist you with your inquiry.

Look froward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Derek A.

When the technician came to fix the problem he found that it had a crack in the welding on the gas line . It has now been repaired and is working well . The reason we were getting almost hot water was because it was working on the electricity instead of the heat pump . The cost was covered by Thurmann because it was new and the damage must have happened in manufacturing or transportation . Thankyou, Derek .

Sylvia P.
Sylvia P. · X Hybrid Heat Pump

Hi I am interested to instal this product and I believe I qualify for government grants offered so I would need to know what would be my outlay in having one installed to my home. Thankyou

Thermann   DM

Hi Sylvia P, Thank you for your inquiry on the Thermann Hybrid heat pump 300. If you could please provide us your contact details at update@thermann.com.au one of our Thermann Specialists will be more than happy to assist you with this inquiry.

Dennis · X Hybrid Heat Pump

I live in Mt barker sa and at the moment my therman 300 l runs all night. I'm guessing because it's so cold up here. I'm hoping that in summer it only runs 4 to 5 hours. Can anyone please ease my mind because at this rate this unit will cost more than my old gas system to run. Thanks Dennis

Dennis · X Hybrid Heat Pump

My 300 l therman x is at the moment running all night I'm guesing because my 3 kids have showers at night and it's so cold here at mt barker sa. Last 2 nights it has got close to zero degrees. The unit has run for 12 straight hours last night and early this morning probably due to the unit not catching up from the night showers. Am I close by saying in summer the unit will operate only half the time it runs now in the cold winter months. Also I can easily here the unit humming and droning from outside our bedroom wall.it effects my sleep sometimes. Is there something that can be done to quieten it down. I think it's suposed to be 45 decibels from 1 metre away. I would really love to check that to be honest.thankyou Dennis

Aaron B.
Aaron B.

Hi Dennis, just wondering if the issues previously raised were rectified during the summer? I'm in Canberra and concerned about handling the cold temperatures. Also, would you now recommend it? Thanks, Aaron

Dennis

Much better in summer because the unit doesn't lose energy as quick so it's not running as much. Yes I would recommend as the unit is working fantastically. If you have 4 or more in your household and they have long showers in the winter and even baths he prepared to run out of hot water.we have 5 in our family and we noticed that when our son has a bath that's the hot water gone so we now make sure that everyone has showered up then he can have a bath. Also the unit when working has a annoying humm to it so if your a light sleeper and the unit is just outside your bedroom window then it will get some getting used to which we are but yeah great unit.

Thermann   DM

Hi Dennis, thank you for your inquiry.

The Thermann average heat pump power consumption ( EN 16147 / A15) is a very economical 0.55kw. Please check with your energy provider in regards to your pricing per kilowatt. Also you may like to consider having the unit connected to the continuous tariff which would enable the unit to heat at any time during the day or night, or the off peak tariff depending on the times preset on your meter. In most cases off peak is normally between 12pm and 7am in which the heat pump would be heating at the coldest time. We would recommend you contact your plumber to clarify which tariff the unit is currently connected.

geoff
geoff · X Hybrid Heat Pump

can you fit a solar unit to the hybrid 300 cylinder

Hi Geoff, Thank you for your inquiry,

The newer models of solar PV inverters are equipped with dry-contact relays that can be switched on and remain activated whenever the solar power generation surpasses and remains above a certain value. These switches can therefore be used for signal control based on the PV power production.

We hope this helps with your inquiry Geoff.

Take care,
Thermann hot water.

Get an answer from our members and Thermann representatives

Select a listing for your question
Thermann X Hybrid Heat Pump